• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

bobawesome

March would certainly be a terrible month for Plus games if all I had was a Vita. OlliOlli 2 is like a less fun version of the Tony Hawk games for the Gameboy Color.

Stanng243

I like the Spring Sale, except all the games I want fall in April. I have no interest in the first 4, and I've never even heard of Jamestown before.

Shizuka

Well if you like run n' gun games, Metal Slug 3 is worth it IMO. If you have a PS4/PS3 also and have others to play with Metal Slug 3 becomes much more fun.

The other games are good candidates but it comes down to which one you'll enjoy most. IMHO I think metal Slug 3 would be the easiest of the 3 games you mentioned gameplay wise.

I love Metal Slug, I've played three or four different games on the PS1, but will it have online multiplayer? As much as I could play it on my brother's PS4 or my PS3 to get access to local co-op, I want to play it on my Vita.

March PS+
PS4 Valiant Hearts
PS4 Oddworld New N Tasty
PSV, PS4, PS3 Cross-Buy Counterspy
PSV, PS4 Cross-Buy OlliOlli2
PS3 Papo & Yo
PS3 Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment

Awesome. I almost bought Oddworld a few months ago, but it was too pricey to justify.

antibolo

Banned
HOLY SHIT. Oreshika is missing from the PS Blog store update post.

I... I have no words for this.

Last first party Vita game, and they can't even give it a proper send-off.

nampad

Finished Eufloria HD today. Wanted to play the game for quite a while but waited for the Vita port.
The game is one of the earlier popular indie games and it still holds up. The game manages to be quite relaxing even though the strategy gameplay can get hectic sometimes. The music is a big reason for that and playing with headphones makes the experience so much better. After a while you get used to the music though as it doesn't change much.

The campaign offered some nice variation even though the gameplay is simple. I also didn't feel like many of the mechanics mattered in the story mode, which might be different for the more difficult game modes though. The little story that was strung along was ok and fit the overall setting well.

Unfortunately, the touch controls can get a little bit clunky because of the Vita's small screen. I guess the game would play better on an Ipad.

7/10

After I finished the game, I wanted to jump into Eufloria Adventures, a PS Mobile title I bought on day 1 and was interested in since announcement. The lack of button controls made me turn off the game quickly though.
Such a stupid decision by the developer. They even included alternative control schemes for onscreen analog sticks...

antibolo

Banned
I redeemed all the PS+ free games, got the confirmation email, but they're still showing up as not bought yet, and missing from my download list. What the hell.

Interestingly I have just noticed that apparently my download list currently contains exactly 2000 items. Y2K download list bug????

SerTapTap

I redeemed all the PS+ free games, got the confirmation email, but they're still showing up as not bought yet, and missing from my download list. What the hell.

Download list is cached pretty aggressively on webstore. Log out and back in or check from a different device and they're probably there. Been having that problem all the time for the last few weeks.

Shinriji

Meanwhile, the top download tab on the vita store was updated. Second time in this year, thanks based Chen.

1. Kick & Fennick
2. Rogue Legacy
3. SAO
4. Tales of Hearts R
5. Child of Light
6. Atelier Rorona Plus
7. Jak Collection
8. Danganronpa 2
9. OlliOlli
10. Danganronpa

Shizuka

Meanwhile, the top download tab on the vita store was updated. Second time in this year, thanks based Chen.

1. Kick & Fennick
2. Rogue Legacy
3. SAO
4. Tales of Hearts R
5. Child of Light
6. Atelier Rorona Plus
7. Jak Collection
8. Danganronpa 2
9. OlliOlli
10. Danganronpa

Second time? I must've missed the first time. It's great to see so many JRPGs and Danganronpa on the list.

antibolo

Banned
Download list is cached pretty aggressively on webstore. Log out and back in or check from a different device and they're probably there. Been having that problem all the time for the last few weeks.

Ah, yes, I see them now.

Project Diva F 2nd on sale did not chart? Goddamnit NA.

Producer

1. Kick & Fennick
2. Rogue Legacy
3. SAO
4. Tales of Hearts R
5. Child of Light
6. Atelier Rorona Plus
7. Jak Collection
8. Danganronpa 2
9. OlliOlli
10. Danganronpa

that was unexpected. Dont we usually have to wait till the blog post for the top sellers?

nice to see rorona up there. and sao just keeps selling lol

autoduelist

Well, I'm neck deep in Geometry Wars and Nana Assault Neo-x is on sale and top tier wishlisted... so I guess I'm in for that.

I didn't want to spend anything more than that but i can't see getting away w/o buying Oreshika.

Which leaves Helldivers, which, if it plays how it looks, is completely my thing. But I can't take another $50 month.

I can't believe people complain about the amount of games on any system. We're all buried in games. Buried, i tell ya.

oh, and White Knight and zombie army trilogy look solid too. god damn it. too many games. TOO MANY GAMES

Fuck. Yes. Anyone on the fence with Persona, Kinda Funny is currently doing a Teaching Tuesday's let's play of Persona 4 Golden. They aren't doing a full playthrough, but instead teaching Nick Scarpino (and you the viewer) what the game is about. Greg Miller spreading the love for the series and the Vita and PS TV, since this is how it is being played, is awesome!

Let's Play Persona 4 - Teaching Tuesdays

deadfolk

Fuck. Yes. Anyone on the fence with Persona, Kinda Funny is currently doing a Teaching Tuesday's let's play of Persona 4 Golden. They aren't doing a full playthrough, but instead teaching Nick Scarpino (and you the viewer) what the game is about. Greg Miller spreading the love for the series and the Vita and PS TV, since this is how it is being played, is awesome!

Ooh, I might have to check that out. I finished P4G, but it might be fun to watch anyway.

Flunkie

Banned
Well, Minecraft only had two months from 2014.

Now you need to pre-order Operation Abyss. If you're desperate, buy Mind Zero.

no, now I need to keep playing Demon Gaze until I beat it and not be distracted by any other games

you don't slide a drink menu in front of a recovering alcoholic

NICE! part of the reason why I love KF so much is that they have a hardcore hardon for Vita

Shizuka

no, now I need to keep playing Demon Gaze until I beat it and not be distracted by any other games

you don't slide a drink menu in front of a recovering alcoholic

I'm sorry. If it helps, Demon Gaze keeps getting better and better, specially when you get access to strong equipments and demons.

1. Kick & Fennick
2. Rogue Legacy
3. SAO
4. Tales of Hearts R
5. Child of Light
6. Atelier Rorona Plus
7. Jak Collection
8. Danganronpa 2
9. OlliOlli
10. Danganronpa

Great to see both Danganronpas charting. Most of these were on sale for great prices recently, so I'm not too surprised. Still, a lot of great games there.

And SAO is a juggernaut. Almost bought it during the most recent sale, but despite going for a fantastic price, I haven't seen the anime and it would've just ended up on my backlog so I passed.

I am LOVING Demon Gaze.

Makes me so excited for Severed, which was showed on Kinda Funny today.

Been looking forward to Severed ever since the announce trailer at PS Experience. Looks really interesting.

Picked up La Mulana EX and Helldivers. Now Vita has the definitive version of La Mulana, and NIGORO said they would like to see it on other platforms but want to work on La Mulana 2 instead, so I guess the buck stops here? Damn, that was more than I wanted to pay for it, but oh well.

Gonna try Helldivers in a bit. Big game on Vita... will probably switch between which platform I play it on. Cool that I have PS3 or Vita only friends I can play it with since it's set up that way.

I wanted to just own OlliOlli2. I'll wait til it's out of PS+ status next month and buy it, even though I want to play it nao.

Still only interested in Oreshika when the Play-Asia pre-order goes up.

maouvin

Remote download failed me, of course. One more hour before playing Oreshika, thanks to the extreme speeds PSN gets on tuesdays ~_~

v1perz53

Picked up La Mulana EX and Helldivers. Now Vita has the definitive version of La Mulana, and NIGORO said they would like to see it on other platforms but want to work on La Mulana 2 instead, so I guess the buck stops here? Damn, that was more than I wanted to pay for it, but oh well.

Yea thats my main problem with LaMulana, is that $20 is really just too steep for a game I already bought on steam and played through half of for $1. Wish I could justify it, I backed the sequel on kickstarter and everything. Just being on Vita makes it the definitive edition for me, but there are just too many other things I could use that $20 on this month to let me grab it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So, all you schmucks who didn't play CounterSpy should now get it. You do have PS+, right? Right?

Anyway, it's a good game. Flawed, but good.

incpdo

So olli olli 2 is not good? Im waiting for my 15 dollars reward for spending 100$ that week(almost got bankrupt) im really interested in LA mulana so guys how much is the size of this game ?

So, all you schmucks who didn't play CounterSpy should now get it. You do have PS+, right? Right?

Anyway, it's a good game. Flawed, but good.

Have you tried playing it on the Vita? Any comments on it? Heard that it doesn't run well there.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I am now imagining playing Driveclub + GT on that new Morpheus. Will be pretty good if they will support it.

Massa

So olli olli 2 is not good? Im waiting for my 15 dollars reward for spending 100$ that week(almost got bankrupt) im really interested in LA mulana so guys how much is the size of this game ?

OlliOlli 2 is fantastic ao far.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Have you tried playing it on the Vita? Any comments on it? Heard that it doesn't run well there.
Long load times and some slow framerate, but still enjoyable. It has the same design flaws on any platform, but it was one of my favorite experiences last year. Definitely down to your tastes.

Cross-save is awesome.

Anyone else getting "sign in failed" errors? Trying to access via PC if that helps.

Guessing it's because "lol Sony"'s servers due to the PS+ update and the store update this week.

v1perz53

Wait did they remove the ability to use the D-pad in OlliOlli 2? (at least on PS4, need to make space on my Vita card first!) I loved that option for every time tricks didn't matter, like for rad mode or "don't touch the floor" challenges. Was much more precise than the stick. Or am I just missing the option?

Top Bottom