• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

This DLC's LiveArea.
16502944107_d0e71f347f_o.jpg

Zhao_Yun

I have to admit that this month's PS+ doesn't really fit my taste. I am only interested in Valiant Hearts which I own already. I won't complain though since I enjoyed the lineup the last few months :)

I also restarted Persona 3 FES on my old PS2. I already started it like 5 years ago but because of circumstances I stopped after ~25 hours. Time to finally get this done! :)

v1perz53

Have fun. Hopefully you havent been spoiled yet.

I managed to stay much more spoiler free for Persona 3 than I did for 4, even though I played 4 first. Lots of random things I had spoiled for P4, even things I didn't realize were spoilers, like seeing
the Rise trophy, and knowing that she replaced what Teddie was currently doing
, or the fact that
there was a Nanako dungeon at all
. Persona 3 I just knew what the characters looked like and something about coffins.

In some ways I prefer Persona 3 even playing it second, it definitely starts off infinitely faster than Persona 4. What is it, like an hour and a half of text before the first fight in P4? Then another hour before the first real dungeon?

Producer

I managed to stay much more spoiler free for Persona 3 than I did for 4, even though I played 4 first. Lots of random things I had spoiled for P4, even things I didn't realize were spoilers, like seeing
the Rise trophy, and knowing that she replaced what Teddie was currently doing
, or the fact that
there was a Nanako dungeon at all
. Persona 3 I just knew what the characters looked like and something about coffins.

In some ways I prefer Persona 3 even playing it second, it definitely starts off infinitely faster than Persona 4. What is it, like an hour and a half of text before the first fight in P4? Then another hour before the first real dungeon?

Its so easy to be spoiled since all it takes is a few words lol. And spoilers are everywhere too.

I also prefer 3, but i played them in order. And it does get going much faster lol. I feel like P5 is going to be quick as well, because one constant complaint of P4 is the super slow start.

After having put a couple of hours into Oreshika I'm starting to understand the game's mechanics a little better. I'm starting to enjoy myself a lot more now.

Shizuka

Just played my first hour of Oreshika and I'm really enjoying the game. It'll take some time to get used to other denominations for status that are not HP, MP or SP, but it should become second nature after I get used to the game.

Just played my first hour of Oreshika and I'm really enjoying the game. It'll take some time to get used to other denominations for status that are not HP, MP or SP, but it should become second nature after I get used to the game.

Yeah this isn't the type of game that you can just pick up and play right away after you buy it. It takes a bit for everything to sink in, thank god for the cute little weasel that helps you with the plans.

I'm giving away a US PSN code for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP]. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a PSN code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001447.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MidnightRain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1hFaqwB.png
Class of Heroes 2 (PSN) -- MB-D2D114B5CB50A6D4 - Taken by YianGaruga. 18 entrants total.

t1425530331z1.png

JJP12

So I've been playing Helldivers on PS4 and it's pretty awesome so far. I did the first 8 missions alone and had a lot of fun sneaking around the map, sniping bugs and completing the random objectives. The game really started to shine when I dropped in with other players. I'm still on the easy missions so most of the difficulty involves avoiding friendly fire and watching out for supply/shuttle drops. Things get especially chaotic when someone calls in a turret. Finding cover to avoid being shot is a must. I highly recommend using a shotgun as a primary weapon. My accuracy jumped from the low 30's, all the way up to the high 70's. Can't wait to try out the harder missions and fight the other enemy types. Unlocking new weapons/abilities and upgrading them is very addicting aha I can see myself playing this for a long time.

Shizuka

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Neptunia Rebirth 2 or a $50 PSN Card for Hotline Miami 2, La-Mulana EX and Metal Slug 3?

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Neptunia Rebirth 2 or a $50 PSN Card for Hotline Miami 2, La-Mulana EX and Metal Slug 3?

I would buy Tokyo Twilight but would skip on Rebirth. I remember you saying that you eventually stopped playing it because you got stumped. Remember, Rebirth isn't like Noire :p

Finally sat down to play Last of Us the last few days. First few hours had me rolling my eyes again, with the hype making me overly critical... but once it got in it's stride, man, it really is a great story with a great gameplay balance. 90% no complaints. Very glad I went back to it again.

Yea thats my main problem with LaMulana, is that $20 is really just too steep for a game I already bought on steam and played through half of for $1. Wish I could justify it, I backed the sequel on kickstarter and everything. Just being on Vita makes it the definitive edition for me, but there are just too many other things I could use that $20 on this month to let me grab it.

Yeah, I don't blame you. It's steep. Other than when I get all cracked out on Fallout + mods & Civilization V I really don't care to play much of anything on my laptop, personally, and my super-cheap impulse buys on Steam have been a cumulative waste of money for me. I think I only paid $3 for La Mulana, and never finished it, but I was really enjoying it... when the Vita version was announced, I had no reason to go back to it. Paying so little the first time kind of equalizes out in my brain as like, this time I actually paid for it.

FDC1

Weekly update is up in Europe (not yet for PS+ update). For Vita we have:

Helldivers
Oreshika
htoLNIQ
La-Mulana EX
Medieval Defenders

zychi

Banned
So I have a weird issue with my ps3 and I don't know where else to post this.

I bought a 2tb hard drive to upgrade my ps3...this one specifically

and it says it needs to be formatted to mbr and fat 32 to upgrade. no matter what i do, it tells me it is not compatible when i install it. i have found numerous forum posts that people have gotten this to work. the issue seems to be with windows 8.

has anyone ever had this issue? have you been able to fix it? i cant even get into safe mode on the ps3 because of this issue.

Maid

Banned
So I have a weird issue with my ps3 and I don't know where else to post this.

I bought a 2tb hard drive to upgrade my ps3...this one specifically

and it says it needs to be formatted to mbr and fat 32 to upgrade. no matter what i do, it tells me it is not compatible when i install it. i have found numerous forum posts that people have gotten this to work. the issue seems to be with windows 8.

has anyone ever had this issue? have you been able to fix it? i cant even get into safe mode on the ps3 because of this issue.

Have you tried recovery mode on the PS3 and tell it to format the HDD? That what I did.

That is really odd. I'm 100% sure there used to be because I played it before buying the game.

I think I remember there not being one as well. I always go for tutorials first but since I had no choice I started playing right away and was really confused what I was supposed to be doing with the star notes.

VLiberty

La Mulana is really too pricey. With my backlog I hardly get any game for more than 10€/15€. However I don't think it's a fair price regardless, it's a really old game, and the Wii remake was half the price.

About my memory card storage problems ( I had 400 mb of system use but it's never been that high) the Database rebuilding didn't work and I had to format my memory card. Now it's 43 mb of system use, which I think it's ok.

VLiberty

How heavy are Olliolli 2 and Counterspy btw? I've just put Escape Plan, Sly 4 and Montezuma and the memory card is already full. I have 1800 mb of free space...

Renpatsu

How heavy are Olliolli 2 and Counterspy btw? I've just put Escape Plan, Sly 4 and Montezuma and the memory card is already full. I have 1800 mb of free space...
Anecdotal (I just read this in the OlliOlli 2 OT), but OlliOlli 2 seems to be 436 mb on Vita.

deadfolk

I think I remember there not being one as well. I always go for tutorials first but since I had no choice I started playing right away and was really confused what I was supposed to be doing with the star notes.

Are we talking Vita or PS3? Which region?

There was definitely one when I played it on Vita, because I even remember that it used 'Ieven Polka' and it made me worried about what the quality of the music was going to be!

Also, there's no way I would have figured out to rub the screen on the star notes.

how much did it cost on PC?

Hmm it's only $29.99 (digital or physical "The Best" release) on PC as well. Still seems very cheap for a new Vita release.

http://www.jlist.com/search/all/steins;gate
Link is to jlist which may be NSFW
Are we talking Vita or PS3? Which region?

There was definitely one when I played it on Vita, because I even remember that it used 'Ieven Polka' and it made me worried about what the quality of the music was going to be!

Also, there's no way I would have figured out to rub the screen on the star notes.

I think I played the EU PS3 demo..

VLiberty

Anecdotal (I just read this in the OlliOlli 2 OT), but OlliOlli 2 seems to be 436 mb on Vita.

Good, thanks. Just read that Counterspy is around 500mb too. I think I have enough space to download Cel Damage again then :D

Which, for some reason, got corrupted while I was backuping the games. Luckily it's the only one and automatically uploads saves in its own servers (in fact, when I boot the PS3 version it's already updated to what I've unlocked on Vita)

Great game btw, I'm having a ton more fun than I've expected.

Is the PSN version of Red Dead Redemption stable yet? I held off on the digital version due to some rumors of the digital version being slightly more broken than the disc version. I may be wrong.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Italian(and maybe EU?) vitabros that are interested in Oreshika should search for it in the store, at 1 AM it was already there and with one score.
I'll be able to play it today after all :)

The Italian(and maybe EU?) vitabros that are interested in Oreshika should search for it in the store, at 1 AM it was already there and with one score.
I'll be able to play it today after all :)

It has been up since 8 AM for some reason, same with all other new Vita releases. Not that I'm complaining.

anddo0

Anyone having issues signing into the PS webstore?

I keep getting sign in failed through my laptop browser (works fine on my tablet/phone). It's been like this for a week, cleared cookies etc...

Top Bottom