• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

I bought the 20€ card, i just have to uninstall Neptunia and i'm ready for Oreshika :D (but i don't want to think how much i have to wait for the download, i guess i won't be able to play it tomorrow :( )

Make sure to uncheck battery-saving mode on your connection settings, helps a lot! My downloads literally went from 2-3hrs to 20-30mins.

I keep getting connection issues with Killzone Mercenary MP. "kicked due to loss of conectivity" when I'm trying to get to a game. Only sometimes I can get to play, is it normal ?

And I feel a little input lag, if that can happen on a handheld

I keep getting connection issues with Killzone Mercenary MP. "kicked due to loss of conectivity" when I'm trying to get to a game. Only sometimes I can get to play, is it normal ?

And I feel a little input lag, if that can happen on a handheld

I don't remember having these issues. Might wanna check on what I just told 2+2=5, check if your connection is on a battery saving mode.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Make sure to uncheck battery-saving mode on your connection settings, helps a lot! My downloads literally went from 2-3hrs to 20-30mins.
Thanks for the advice :) but my connection is just 2Mbits/sec(aka 256kbytes/sec) so it will be a looong download no matter what.
What makes me angry is that the speed should have been upgraded from 2 to 7Mbits/sec a long time ago, but they say it's "up to" 7Mb/s so it's all good :mad:

Thanks for the advice :) but my connection is just 2Mbits/sec(aka 256kbytes/sec) so it will be a looong download no matter what.
What makes me angry is that the speed should have been upgraded from 2 to 7Mbits/sec a long time ago, but they say it's "up to" 7Mb/s so it's all good :mad:

Ah shit, I see. As soon as I see it on the store I'll be sure to drop a message here so you can start downloading it ASAP ahaha.
EDIT: WELP, there it is!

Edit 2: HOLY CRAP, you need 4.4GB in memory to download the game. Jesus.

autoduelist

Never buy a game the second it is up if it has no discount, it might get one applied before the update is finalized.

lol, after the last Fat Princess' weekly challenge where enemies dealt 250% of damage, they put up one where they deal 450% (both are of the "rescue the princess" type). Come on.

The first weekly challenge was challenging, the second quite easy, but the 3rd and 4th are just too reliant on getting lucky with the starting tiles.

i loved that game, but after getting all the trophies but one i checked to see how many 5 links i'd made out of 500. I was expecting to see like 450 or something. I was at like 125 or something... the idea of grinding out that many more demoralized me.

(you can check in the... options menu? something like that... shows you completion % towards trophies)

I really like the weekly challenges though -- best way to get stuff. I'm at like 45 coins so i really should get 5 more for the bonus damage powerup.

Yeah, really seems odd that they are not at least being a bit more transparent. I get that there might be sensitive issues involved, but they should at least throw the heaving masses a bone.

There may be no bone they can throw. They very likely can't tell us what the issue is, and they can't even tell us which system it is for since, depending on the issue, that might let us identify what game was the 'problem'. That means they wouldn't even be able to do something like tell us 'some' of the games.

Apparently 2 of the IGC games could be Oddworld and Valiant Hearts and maybe the reason of the delay is some developers not liking the new terms of the IGC.

Interesting... though at this point, till we hear something above rumor i'm very hesitant to believe a thing.

It's a shame no one here cares about this game =/

I do! And the movie.

the franchise is one of my favorites... the second one is brilliant... almost no dialog in the entire film, yet a complete, amazing story.

deadfolk

There may be no bone they can throw. They very likely can't tell us what the issue is, and they can't even tell us which system it is for since, depending on the issue, that might let us identify what game was the 'problem'. That means they wouldn't even be able to do something like tell us 'some' of the games.

I even meant something as vague as "we're on it guys, hopefully this week".

I'm not bothered by it personally, I just think they would be doing themselves a favour. People forgive a lot when you're straight with them.

SerTapTap

The CG start menu music is pretty sweet. Super lame it's not on the OST. Licensing seems nuts in Japan for some reason. It's the only thing not on the OST that I can tell too. NISA/IFI never seem able to get opening tracks on included OSTs either.

Why are folks in the PS+ thread so agitated about the new trial games? Have they finished their backlogged games?

There are a few people genuinely/excessively mad and a lot of meme-status echo-camber stuff. It is pretty silly though

Well even though it shows up as 4.4GB on the store, it's actual size is of 2836MB. That is a bit comforting.

That goddamned system barely works for me. It has its days lol.

Works like a charm from mobile for me, a bit iffy on desktop

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Valiant Hearts, Oddworld(PS4) and Olli Olli2(Vita) are free for ps+ and can be downloaded now in the US
3 more games to go.

Ah shit, I see. As soon as I see it on the store I'll be sure to drop a message here so you can start downloading it ASAP ahaha.
EDIT: WELP, there it is!

Edit 2: HOLY CRAP, you need 4.4GB in memory to download the game. Jesus.
Thanks but i'm in EU, so i have to wait for tomorrow.

SerTapTap

Sounds like Counterspy is also PS+. Fun game, runs poorly on Vita though. And the RNG can make "never seen" and "no kills" feel impossible which is frustrating in a stealth game. Also apparently Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (ps3, never heard of it). Credit to gamestop employee Wario 64

ah, also Papa And Yo. Weird mix, but it's' not all that bad

ZeroAKA

So...

- Counterspy
- Oddworld New & Tasty
- OlliOlli2
- Papo & Yo
- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (lol)
- Valiant Hearts

That's what I'm getting from the PS+ thread.

Khronico

Will get Oreshika this week and probably resub to plus. Wish I could get SAO right now but looks like I won't get payed till later this week =/

Ah well, I still have tons of games I have to play.

wilflare

March PS+
PS4 Valiant Hearts
PS4 Oddworld New N Tasty
PSV, PS4, PS3 Cross-Buy Counterspy
PSV, PS4 Cross-Buy OlliOlli2
PS3 Papo & Yo
PS3 Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment

Tohsaka

$20 for La-Mulana is kinda steep when it's been super cheap on Steam frequently. And of course I bought CounterSpy and Valiant Hearts when they were on sale in December.
/bitching

At least Oreshika 2 is out!

Shizuka

I'd definitely get La-Mulana EX if I was in a better financial situation. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze some money later this month for it, but until then, Hotline Miami 2 will be out, I'll probably get that one instead.

autoduelist

Check the link for the EU PS Plus blog post:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/03/playstation-plus-march-oddworld-dishonored-olliolli-2/

I think that's the reason the update was delayed (credits to PS Plus thread)

hmm. i'd take sherlock holmes over dishonored any day, since i plat'd dishonored already, lol, and my wife likes sherlock holmes.

People in the comment sections demanding apologies for a delayed -announcement- when they got the games on time absolutely blow my mind beyond belief.

A delayed announcement, for dog's sake. The internet has destroyed our minds.

hmm. i'd take sherlock holmes over dishonored any day, since i plat'd dishonored already, lol, and my wife likes sherlock holmes.

People in the comment sections demanding apologies for a delayed -announcement- when they got the games on time absolutely blow my mind beyond belief.

I won't demand anything, but I don't think a sentence that explains the delay (not in detail) would hurt them. Communication with your dedicated fanbase is important and it's not one of Sony's strengths.

maouvin

I really like the weekly challenges though -- best way to get stuff. I'm at like 45 coins so i really should get 5 more for the bonus damage powerup.

Aye, I really like how the daily challenges are rewarding.
I'm at 36 coins iirc. Hopefully I manage to get to 50 until the end of the month.

On the age where announcements get annouced, a delayed announcement is the most grievous sin!

La Mulana for Vita! Finally!
And Oreshika!
And Olli Olli 2!

So many games I won't have time to play until....???? But I'm excited about just downloading them!

autoduelist

I won't demand anything, but I don't think a sentence that explains the delay (not in detail) would hurt them. Communication with your dedicated fanbase is important and it's not one of Sony's strengths.

What exactly could they say that they haven't said already? It's most likely an issue with a game/publisher, right? They can not and will not point the finger at any game/publisher for causing an issue - that's unprofessional and can only lead to bad places. They can't say it's an issue with an unspecific one either, since that would just cause more drama. They can't really make up a reason without being liars. So they're left being unspecific and telling us 'an unforeseen issue came up'. I can't really fault them for that.

It was only a week. I realize that may seem like eternity to kids that grew up with texting, etc, but... jeez. It was only a handful of business days. That's nothing.

Stanng243

This month is already starting off expensive. There are 4 games alone I want today, not counting the PS+ titles. I think I'm getting Zombie Army Trilogy and White Night today, saving Oreshika and La-Mulana EX for buying later as my vita backlog is huge.

Massa

Should I get La-Mulana EX, Hotline Miami 2 or Metal Slug 3?

I'm getting Hotline Miami 2 for sure, one of my most anticipated games of the year.

I lost interest in La Mulana when I heard you need to take notes while playing. Is it really that kind of game?

Tizoc

But if I had to choose one. It's just for March, already have Shovel Knight on Wii U.

Well if you like run n' gun games, Metal Slug 3 is worth it IMO. If you have a PS4/PS3 also and have others to play with Metal Slug 3 becomes much more fun.

The other games are good candidates but it comes down to which one you'll enjoy most. IMHO I think metal Slug 3 would be the easiest of the 3 games you mentioned gameplay wise.

Top Bottom