• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Renpatsu

I keep getting sign in failed through my laptop browser (works fine on my tablet/phone). It's been like this for a week, cleared cookies etc...
I don't know what to suggest considering that you seem have already cleared your cookies (that did the trick for me). Open an incognito window and try again.

Sarcasm

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqGF8SZwDSQ
This is what I remember seeing. The game throws you right into the song selection with no way to access anything else

Maybe that's it. I did Vita EU.

Sarcasm: If you read this, which platform/region are you playing?

Are we talking Vita or PS3? Which region?

There was definitely one when I played it on Vita, because I even remember that it used 'Ieven Polka' and it made me worried about what the quality of the music was going to be!

Also, there's no way I would have figured out to rub the screen on the star notes.

Yep exactly like the youtube link. NA Vita. 6 songs (or 3 lol)..3 easy 3 normal. Checked all menus.

SerTapTap

Finally sat down to play Last of Us the last few days. First few hours had me rolling my eyes again, with the hype making me overly critical... but once it got in it's stride, man, it really is a great story with a great gameplay balance. 90% no complaints. Very glad I went back to it again.

I try not to consider hype too much. If marketing lied straight up that's one thing, but I don't mind excited players talking about what they like (as long as they're not putting other shit down). Played it twice, no ragrets getting it for PS3 and PS4 (traded my disk for half-off...kept the case for pretty shelf)

I would buy Tokyo Twilight but would skip on Rebirth. I remember you saying that you eventually stopped playing it because you got stumped. Remember, Rebirth isn't like Noire :p

Eh don't bring difficulty concerns from Rebirth 1 into discussions of Rebirth 2. 2 has no difficulty spikes. I thoroughly enjoy both games but Rebirth 1 has some fuckups other games don't have. If you enjoy the humor I strongly recommend reb 2. In fact I'll probably start recommending people start with it (or rebirth 3) since order is irrelevant.

Also reb 2 has a free "cheat code" sword since they gave the anime DLC for free

What are the good PS4 dynamic themes? Was hoping White Night would be neat given how gorgeous the game is but I looked it up and it's just static.

Sooo... what happened to my Tetris Ultimate for the Vita? I actually want that. I also saw the quite rare Asian English Soul Sacrifice Delta on a store today. What I'm waiting for is the Oreshika or the Moero one so I passed on buying it.

wilflare

Sooo... what happened to my Tetris Ultimate for the Vita? I actually want that. I also saw the quite rare Asian English Soul Sacrifice Delta on a store today. What I'm waiting for is the Oreshika or the Moero one so I passed on buying it.

how much is it?
it's actually quite common here in Singapore
if you really want it, I can buy and ship it to you

how much is it?
it's actually quite common here in Singapore
if you really want it, I can buy and ship it to you
I'll pass for now, since I'm stealthy checking the Oreshika thread and so far I'm liking what I see there.

I actually forgot the price but its soo much cheaper if I go digital for it ( USD to PHP conversion). Oh man, you can make a killing if you are going to help other cart collectors.
What is so special about this rare SSD?
It's just the retail release of SSD in English for Asia. Being a vita game, it is released in limited quantities. Nothing special about it except if you want to own a physical cart of the game.

Redhood

I'll pass for now, since I'm stealthy checking the Oreshika thread and so far I'm liking what I see there.

I actually forgot the price but its soo much cheaper if I go digital for it ( USD to PHP conversion). Oh man, you can make a killing if you are going to help other cart collectors.

He is trustworthy did not charge me an extra dime. He shipped me a copy of FFX-2 English physical.

wilflare

It's just the retail release of SSD in English for Asia. Being a vita game, it is released in limited quantities. Nothing special about it except if you want to own a physical cart of the game.

haha I actually don't earn anything - don't charge fees/tips

but yea - offer is still open. anyone of you looking for english Vita games, let me know and I see if the local prices are decent. shipping from Singapore to your place shouldn't be very expensive for Vita games

Hikami

Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, and Oreshika is my current Vita backlog. Can't decide which I want to finish first, they're all great.

He is trustworthy did not charge me an extra dime. He shipped me a copy of FFX-2 English physical.

The price or wilflare's trustworthiness is not what's keeping me from doing it. It's just that the original SS left such a bad taste on me + I have no drive to play it right now. Doesn't help that La Mulana and Oreshika are competing for my affection right now so buying it but not playing it won't be nice for me. I don't want a situation like before that I bought a game then don't play it for months, only when I got it, I realized that I don't like it.

While they forgot to add Oreshika to the US blog yesterday, it doesn't even show up under Latest Releases on the EU webshop. On the Vita, there is no way to find it unless you search for it (as far as I can tell). Maybe it's still updating but pretty much everything else is there.

antibolo

Banned

Import Puyo Puyo Tetris instead, so you can have a Tetris game made by people who know what they're doing.

SerTapTap

What are the good PS4 dynamic themes? Was hoping White Night would be neat given how gorgeous the game is but I looked it up and it's just static.

Heard great things about the Transistor theme, almost bought the Hohokum one. I'm just using the Toro one and used the 20th anniversary one (but it's a bit distracting)

Just got an email receipt today for a transaction in early February. Freaked out and thought I was hacked until I noticed the date. I am pretty sure Sony's IT department is run by morons.

Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, and Oreshika is my current Vita backlog. Can't decide which I want to finish first, they're all great.

Depends on how you want to tackle things. Hearts R is probably the shortest, especially if you aren't going for plats. So if you can either get it out of the way or not worry about saving it for later. However, Oreshika is more topical right now. P4G is the longest, but it's a fantastic game that feels worth it the whole way through.

I'd probably say:
Oreshika > Hearts R > P4G

But you really can't go wrong any way you choose.

This is a good place as any to ask this i guess:

Hardcore risette is the only trophy I have left for P4G . Do lines transfer over through playthroughs - some places say it does and others don't...Also, does anybody have a thorough guide on getting it or should I just tick each line off on a list.

Hardcore risette is the only trophy I have left for P4G . Do lines transfer over through playthroughs - some places say it does and others don't...Also, does anybody have a thorough guide on getting it or should I just tick each line off on a list.

They don't carry over

It doesn't.

So anyone familiar with the rubbing on Monster Monpiece? I try to level up a card, but I can't even get the tension gauge to a quarter of it. I just found out that you can pan the camera with the L or R stick. The tutorial didn't mention this at all. Does touching the rear touch pad do anything? I only have a minute for each rub and it seems super gimmicky to power up your cards.

SerTapTap

It doesn't.

So anyone familiar with the rubbing on Monster Monpiece? I try to level up a card, but I can't even get the tension gauge to a quarter of it. I just found out that you can pan the camera with the L or R stick. The tutorial didn't mention this at all. Does touching the rear touch pad do anything? I only have a minute for each rub and it seems super gimmicky to power up your cards.

1) Tap, don't rub. Move around the image tapping until you see hearts or stars (which doesn't matter), then mash taps on that location. Common locations are chest, hips, shoulders, but it can be almost anything. I've seen it be wings and tails before, but not random space outside the character. Once it stops making hearts/stars, stop and move on
2) There are 2-3 points you need to complete to fill the guage. Better/more expensive cards are much more likely to require 3 points
3) The double sided rub, best I can tell, is totally random. If it's too humiliating (or you're on PSTV) you can just ignore it, it's free tension points but never necessary to win
4) There are "pinches" and weird crap you can do, but best I can tell the best way is to simply tap all over, never pinch or rub
5) It's totally possible, but a bit hard, to win the game on PS TV. Same strategy on Vita. Even the double sided rub is possible by clicking both sticks, but it's awkward. ...more awkward

You should get Puyo Puyo Tetris instead.

Tizoc

OK I just now realized I done fucked up...
Why didn't I bring snacks with me before boarding that flight earlier today, it is 12 AM, and I have NOTHING to munch on while watching these fun Twitch streams...
You should get Puyo Puyo Tetris instead.

this.
It comes with a mode that is pure OG Tetris mode, with the goal being to beat it by clearing 150 lines.
Now if only I can find a way to change the character the games gives me in that mode...

Thieve

Neo Member
Is Puyo Puyo Tetris crossplay with PS4/Vita? Been wanting it since the Giant Bomb video, but my friend has it on PS4, and I wanna grab it for Vita.

Tetris Ultimate is not as good as that huh. I don't know how Puyo Puyo plays but since it has a pure Tetris mode so I'll probably buy this.

*adds to the unlocalizable buys list*

Yeah, I need to import Puyo Puyo too. It's one of the few games I can justify having a no-English copy of. If they ever release that physical copy of Tetris in the UK, I'll still buy it, but I think they embarrassed themselves so badly with the PS4 version having performance issues, it's probably swept under the rug for good.

Alright, no Rebirth 2. Should I get Tokyo Twilight or Hotline Miami 2, La-Mulana EX and Metal Slug 3?

Indies go frequently on sale, Tokyo Twilight on the other hand might not, but it will probablly get a price drop at some point. It's a "pick your poison" kind of situation.

d00d3n

I just spent a couple hours playing Destiny with my brother using only my copy of the game. He played on his console using my usual PSN account (not primary system, PSPlus) alongside his usual PSN account (primary system, PSPlus), I played on my console using an alt account (primary system, no PSPlus, owning no games) alongside my usual account (primary system, PSPlus).

I knew that it was possible to share games this way, but I was surprised to see online working without issues. My understanding is that we both used the same PSPlus to play, he directly through my usual PSN account (not primary system) and me by being granted permission to play on an alt PSN account by my usual PSN account (primary system). Is this correct?

To clarify, would he have been able to play even without his own PSPlus subscription?
Does this work with all games?
Is this legal?
We both had the same online handle in Destiny btw, only with different numeric suffixes.

Top Bottom