• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Found this talking about the physical release of Oreshika for those interested. Not sure if it's legit but, see for yourself.
http://www.reimarufiles.com/2015/03...be-released-on-30th-march/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (English version) Standard edition and Limited Edition to release at retail March 30th (in Asia of course)

382.gif

wilflare

Found this talking about the physical release of Oreshika for those interested. Not sure if it's legit but, see for yourself.
http://www.reimarufiles.com/2015/03...be-released-on-30th-march/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (English version) Standard edition and Limited Edition to release at retail March 30th (in Asia of course)

if anyone needs help with this, I can probably help buy it locally and ship it to you.

and I've been wanting to replay Bastion on my Vita :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God pls. No more hatred. Only narration, now.

As I was sitting down to write this post my hat started to fall over my glasses so I pushed it back up then brought the keyboard forward. One key stroke after another, oops, almost misspelled that word, good job catching that. Alright, it's all set then.

As I was sitting down to write this post my hat started to fall over my glasses so I pushed it back up then brought the keyboard forward. One key stroke after another, oops, almost misspelled that word, good job catching that. Alright, it's all set then.

How much would it cost me to convince to write my biography?

F*ck me. 2399php @ march 30 for that limited edition oreshika. That's my thesis chapter 1-3 defense and I need funds for that. T_T
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
That Danganronpa hype is real here. In my near app (LOL), that's the only game still @ the charts for awhile now.

wilflare

F*ck me. 2399php @ march 30 for that limited edition oreshika. That's my thesis chapter 1-3 defense and I need funds for that. T_T
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
That Danganronpa hype is real here. In my near app (LOL), that's the only game still @ the charts for awhile now.

how much is that in USD? haha
hmm I should really try NEAR again haha

Shun

God damn Freedom Wars is so disappointing. At Level 7/8 and the AI sucks, TPS controls/aiming are far from ideal, frustrating missions. I should have known better and listened to impressions.

I liked the character creation, custom voices, and customization. Some parts are fun but it's just damn tedious to play through at this point of the game.

The premise was cool but damn does this game fall short on everything it tries to be as a hunting type game. I just feel so disappointed and cheated. I don't know if a sequel could fix the flaws this game has.

I want my hours I wasted back... Retiring this and going back to Nova and Rage Burst.

ヽ( `д´*)ノ

SerTapTap

Wish I could have seen that Dangan Ronpatalk

Bastion is coming to vita so do you guys think transistor could release too? I mean is not that is a benchmark game at all.
Edit: omg somebody knew this?http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2015-03-05-trails-in-the-sky-sc-localization-making-progress-says-xseed#1

That would be sweet. Everyone should play Transistor. Bastion is okay too.

I think it's reasonable to assume that the Vita is doing a lot better at digital than retail in the West.

I don't think killing retail is a great idea either though. NISA originally wasn't planning on a retail release of firefly diary, then they sold out of their allotment before launch and there's still people insisting they won't buy without physical. I wouldn't mind more single-store online-only sales like Firefly diary, the physical copy of Retro City Rampage. Just don't use Gamestop.

deadfolk

Still slowly working on PQ. It's so good

Is it? I don't own it yet, but I'm constantly wrestling with the idea of getting it. Especially as I loved the demos of the Etrian Odyssey game and had never gotten around to picking them up.

I get the vibe from the interview that there's some form on continuity between P4G-P4AU-P4Q-P4DAN. Should I really play P4AU before PQ?

God damn Freedom Wars is so disappointing. At Level 7/8 and the AI sucks, TPS controls/aiming are far from ideal, frustrating missions. I should have known better and listened to impressions.

I liked the character creation, custom voices, and customization. Some parts are fun but it's just damn tedious to play through at this point of the game.

The premise was cool but damn does this game fall short on everything it tries to be as a hunting type game. I just feel so disappointed and cheated. I don't know if a sequel could fix the flaws this game has.

I want my hours I wasted back... Retiring this and going back to Nova and Rage Burst.

ヽ( `д´*)ノ

Yeah loved the lore and everything around it but the combat was not fun. Trying to carry people across to a point was not fun and then dying often requiring going through a lot of story crap to restart the mission. The controls are not intuitive. The fact that shooting is square when not zooming and the right shoulder button while zoomed is crazy. Lots of me not wanting to attach to the boss because I accidentally pressed the wrong button.

Disappointing because I usually hate the lore and setting of games and I was really getting into the story and found it unique and interesting. (I hate Japanese & Western middle earth fantasy lore.) Maybe a sequel will come out that fixes the combat?

Shinriji

Is it? I don't own it yet, but I'm constantly wrestling with the idea of getting it. Especially as I loved the demos of the Etrian Odyssey game and had never gotten around to picking them up.

I get the vibe from the interview that there's some form on continuity between P4G-P4AU-P4Q-P4DAN. Should I really play P4AU before PQ?

PQ isn't canon for the P4 continuity. All other games is canon.

Near is broken. It always says what game I have been playing the most is the top of the chart. I was up to 500,000 km on it and then it corrupted and had to reset. It corrupted a couple more time again. I don't even bother with it anymore. Ready for them to remove it. I don't need another notification that a Modnation Racer skin is available.

SerTapTap

Yeah loved the lore and everything around it but the combat was not fun. Trying to carry people across to a point was not fun and then dying often requiring going through a lot of story crap to restart the mission. The controls are not intuitive. The fact that shooting is square when not zooming and the right shoulder button while zoomed is crazy. Lots of me not wanting to attach to the boss because I accidentally pressed the wrong button.

Disappointing because I usually hate the lore and setting of games and I was really getting into the story and found it unique and interesting. (I hate Japanese & Western middle earth fantasy lore.) Maybe a sequel will come out that fixes the combat?

It's got a ton of potential, but some pretty major flaws. I really hope there's an FW2 that addresses a lot of that. IMO they should focus more on story too, they have fantastic lore, they should do more with it.

The actual combat is great, too. They just need to fix all the BS--AI deliberately not healing you from a distance, not healing your accessory, the crafting needs a total overhaul (or just kill crafting! Sorry hunting fans...). I think my least-hated hunting game crafting system is Mercenary Kings. You craft PARTS of guns, and basically mix and match. Low-level gear isn't necessarily worthless long term, no levels or RNG, lets you feed that completionist itch too as there's a finite (but very long) list of things to make. Mats were far more understandable in that game than FW too. They need to majorly streamline it and make it easy to look at a mission and be like "yeah I can get these mats from this" (Mercenary Kings is also terrible about this...SO MANY games are terrible at this).

Near is broken. It always says what game I have been playing the most is the top of the chart. I was up to 500,000 km on it and then it corrupted and had to reset. It corrupted a couple more time again. I don't even bother with it anymore. Ready for them to remove it. I don't need another notification that a Modnation Racer skin is available.

You can turn off Near updates. I did it years ago

I think my least-hated hunting game crafting system is Mercenary Kings. You craft PARTS of guns, and basically mix and match. Low-level gear isn't necessarily worthless long term, no levels or RNG, lets you feed that completionist itch too as there's a finite (but very long) list of things to make. Mats were far more understandable in that game than FW too. They need to majorly streamline it and make it easy to look at a mission and be like "yeah I can get these mats from this" (Mercenary Kings is also terrible about this...SO MANY games are terrible at this).
Mercenary Kings's problems was the clunky controls and weird input lag. You get use to it but still would have been better if it controlled like Metal Slug.

You can turn off Near updates. I did it years ago

I am still hoping I get that Unit 13 final boss again that I for some reason didn't do thinking I would get it again. Hey it is possible! :)

SerTapTap

Mercenary Kings's problems was the clunky controls and weird input lag. You get use to it but still would have been better if it controlled like Metal Slug.

I am still hoping I get that Unit 13 final boss again that I for some reason didn't do thinking I would get it again. Hey it is possible! :)

Didn't feel any input lag, at least on PC. Pretty standard Mega Man-y controls. It wasn't supposed to control like Metal Slug, not sure it would have jived well with the RPG elements/boss fights. Metal Slug is designed around low health enemies, specific guns and one hit kills.

I don't think any of the games I've played have had real NEAR features, fortunately. Other than Uncharted GA but whatever, wasn't going to bother with that.

Pretty sure it was stated that PQ is in fact cannon. Not to spoil much, since P3 and P4 take place in different years, but there is a whole time shifting element going on. PQ would take place around the middle of both games, around the time of the school festival.

The Arena games are direct sequels to P4. Dancing All Night is also a sequel to these games.

deadfolk

Nope, think of it this way:

1- P4 (PQ takes place in the middle of this one)
2- P4A
3- P4AU
4- P4DAN

So in summary, if I want the whole story (having done P3 + P4):
I have to play both Arena games in order
I can play P4Q at any time - even at the same time as Arena games.

Correct?

Edit: Just saw the antibolo's post about the story DLC. That might be the way to go. As long as I can do P4Q at the same time.

So in summary, if I want the whole story (having done P3 + P4):
I have to play both Arena games in order
I can play P4Q at any time - even at the same time as Arena games.

Correct?

Edit: Just saw the antibolo's post about the story DLC. That might be the way to go. As long as I can do P4Q at the same time.
Definitely. Arena takes place right after the ending of P4 and is included as DLC like antibolo said in the sequl. Arena Ultimax takes place right after Arena, so you would play the DLC first, then the actual game.

PQ is perfectly playable any time you want, since it takes place right in the middle of both storylines. P3 TIMELINE/EVENT SPOILER:
Shinji is still alive at this point

deadfolk

Definitely. Arena takes place right after the ending of P4 and is included as DLC like antibolo said in the sequl. Arena Ultimax takes place right after Arena, so you would play the DLC first, then the actual game.

PQ is perfectly playable any time you want, since it takes place right in the middle of both storylines. P3 TIMELINE/EVENT SPOILER:
Shinji is still alive at this point

Perfect - thanks! I guess that's the way I'll go then.

Zhao_Yun

You can buy the story mode of P4A as DLC in P4AU so you can skip P4A and still have the whole story.

That's good to know actually. I was already searching for a cheap copy of P4A but if there is a story DLC I'll skip it and go directly for P4AU instead.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't care how good your reputation is, there is no way in hell I'd ever Beta test firmware. Sounds like a great way to brick your console.

SerTapTap

I don't care how good your reputation is, there is no way in hell I'd ever Beta test firmware. Sounds like a great way to brick your console.

I'd love to beta test normally but there's no fucking way I'm putting beta code on a 20th anniversary PS4. Glad the program exists though, hoping for more frequent and more stable updates

Top Bottom