• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

maouvin

Isn't it because they got bought and are going to be mobile only?

Most surely.

Man, how many BlazBlues are there now? It's like they are trying to compete with SF and all of their Super-Extra-Duper editions lol. Money talks right?

This is the 5th in 8 years (didn't consider BBCSII as it was released as a patch), but there's actually 3 main entries (Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift and Chronophantasma), with CS and CP getting only one expanded edition each.
So if we compare individually (which is fair) each main entry to SF4, Capcpom wins.
Then again, SF4 launched on 2008 and got three revisions, so ASW wins on yearly average lol.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man, how many BlazBlues are there now? It's like they are trying to compete with SF and all of their Super-Extra-Duper editions lol. Money talks right?

Actually I think BlazBlue + GG has been worse than SF with how many different versions there are lol.

autoduelist

Sure you're not thinking of Class of Heroes 2 or something? I can't find codes for sale anywhere and it's not listed on PSN. I actually can't find anything regarding a digital release for the PS3 version at all, I thought it just failed cert and would be along any week. That was months ago...

Oh. Yes. I somehow didn't even see the G.

Haha it's a really hard sell.

On one hand it's another twin stick shooter that you haven't played yet, and you like those.
On the other, as a huge fan of the genre, you a have a decent chance to be more disappointed by the game than the average player because you'll compare it more to objectively better games that you've played before.

I got it for aprox. 5 Euro, I won't say I was disappointed by it, but I'd lie to you if I said that I've replayed it much (while I'm regularly going back to Resogun for example), although there is a Challenge mode that gives it some replay value and Leaderboards.

I think with how often indie games go on sales on PSN, I wouldn't be surprised it was 5$ sometime this year.

All that said, I wanna say go for it, it's not a bad game, but don't hold me accountable if you don't like it :p you really know best if money is an issue, how big of a backlog do you have or if you just fancy this type of game at the moment.

I guess I'll pass, which is a shame, but I almost bought it full price. But with games like Resogun, Crimsonland, and Geometry Wars 3 (and honestly, Dead Nation because I love that too even though I know it's not as well received by some due to the odd primary weapon) there's no reason to spend $7 on something subpar. I mean, I spent $10 on GW3 (and maybe more on crimsonland, can't remember) and that actually has tons of content. (and stupid trophies locked behind coop of all things... my god, who wants to play a score attack game linked to the capabilities of someone else?) So, so annoyed at those few coop trophies staring me in the face after all the effort getting the rest.

Tizoc

Calamity Trigger= BB1
Continuum Shift and all its iterations= BB2
Chrono Phantasma and any of its iterations= BB3

Shizuka

I can't believe the fun I had during today with La-Mulana EX + PSTV. I didn't play a single minute of Oreshika until now, I just can't stop playing EX.

Fighting games are a whole different beast. The fact that they even put this many "versions" means that they sell. I can just imagine, you are playing a main entry and the shinier, more polished version comes out, everyone jumps ship and if you don't also, you are left throwing punches and kicks to the air...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Man Transistor is legit. It's the PS Plus game of last month that I saved for last when I should have been playing it first. The gameplay is really interesting and well executed, and the story and world are pretty cool too. Couldn't imagine playing this on anything other than PS4. The speaker functionality really adds to the immersion.

Producer

Fighting games are a whole different beast. The fact that they even put this many "versions" means that they sell. I can just imagine, you are playing a main entry and the shinier, more polished version comes out, everyone jumps ship and if you don't also, you are left throwing punches and kicks to the air...

That mostly only applies to dedicated fans of the game. I know plenty of casual fans who play and enjoy the old versions of SF4, Marvel 3 etc. And its not like its all nickle and diming/milking either, there are also free updates and digital upgrades that are priced fairly. Most fans are actually happy to see their game keep being supported and updated. I know i'd love to have some of my favorite games updated..like UMvC3 lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man with how consoles are powerful enough to run shit correctly I want a report of Xmen Vs. Streetfighter for mad infinite combo bullshit again lol D:

Really do not want to go out and find a SS + the Game again on top of arcade sticks.

Licensing would say otherwise to what I want though D:

Shizuka

I need to get back to Hotline Miami before the second game comes out next week. I still want to platinum Noire, delve into Oreshika, get better at La-Mulana EX, among the F2P I had to give up because I didn't have the time anymore.

Producer

Man with how consoles are powerful enough to run shit correctly I want a report of Xmen Vs. Streetfighter for mad infinite combo bullshit again lol D:

Really do not want to go out and find a SS + the Game again on top of arcade sticks.

Licensing would say otherwise to what I want though D:

That would be awesome, but yeah disney and licensing makes this pretty much impossible.

At the very least its gotta be easier for you to find a copy of the saturn version, we have to deal with the crappy ps1 port.

Shizuka

I feel that with Destroyer Trillion, Compile Heart is just trying to sell me a Mugen Souls game with another name.

RK128

Wow, that just looks amazing :'). Reminds me of a mix between Child of Light and Dragons Crown; a damn good combination if I must say so myself :).

Gotta keep an eye on this one, as I would love to get this when it comes out :D.

Edit: Got a question, what are your guys thoughts on La-Mulana EX? I browsed the PSN store and saw its screen-shots....and it visually reminds me a lot of Splunky. Granted, that is a fantastic game....but that never clicked with me sadly, so while I would like to check this game out, I don't know if I will like it that much :(. You guys always give me fantastic recommendations (Neputa Rebirth 1, Ys MoC, the Persona series, ect), so any help regarding this would be nice :D.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Makai Shin Trillion is being developed by former Nippon Ichi staff who have worked on previous Disgaea games. The director of Makai Shin Trillion directed Disgaea 4.

Nippon Ichi suffered from a mass exodus a year or two ago and many of their former employees are now at Compile Heart on a contractual basis if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think there's much to worry about. It won't be another Mugen Souls.

Do you still have the game on your first memory stick with all the data from before you transferred your save? If so, sync it to PC with content manager and then sync that to your second memory card. I do it between my PSTV and Vita all the time.

Any game with DLC, it's best to sync it to PC instead of playing the "I'll just download it again" scenario, you're likely to need to add the extra content as well which can be tedious.

Thanks, I guess this will be my only option!

Are you guys buying La Mulana EX?

64GB memory card came in, no more deleting games every other day! Going to be using the vita so much more now.

You will only have to delete them every other week now.

autoduelist

I'm going to try to break my budget this week and buy Oreshika, just to support it in hopes games like that Trillion game (and Stranger of Sword City) get localized. i just wish I had an extra $10 in my pocket to cover it.

Shizuka

I'm going to try to break my budget this week and buy Oreshika, just to support it in hopes games like that Trillion game (and Stranger of Sword City) get localized. i just wish I had an extra $10 in my pocket to cover it.

I don't think it'll affect those games chances in any way, unfortunately. You're giving your money to someone who doesn't care about the Vita anymore. If you're buying the product, that's one thing, but if you want to support the chances for those games, buy Hyperdevotion Noire or Criminal Girls instead.

Tohsaka

Chances are pretty high that Trillion gets localized, since it's a Compile Heart game and IFI is bringing pretty much all their stuff over.

From the Danganronpa thread, sounds like the series has been a hit in the US:

Was this known? Kodaka says DR has sold 100k+ in the US. Doesn't specify if that's across both games or not.

Also, Kazutaka Kodaka (DR series writer) wants people to buy and design games for the vita:

B_YKcckUcAArQot.jpg

More live tweets from his panel can be found here.

I don't believe it. I can't believe it. The first game did 13k at retail in North America for the first month. He must be using sales for both games, NA and Europe.

Digital sales might be a bigger factor here too. And he does specifically say USA, maybe word of mouth helped boost sales after that first month. Although admittedly,100k does seem like a lot, it does have a strong and growing fan base in the US.

I don't believe it. I can't believe it. The first game did 13k at retail in North America for the first month. He must be using sales for both games, NA and Europe.

You know, I said it last year but I went to a convention here in Toronto, and DR was literally everywhere. Cosplays, art, figures, you name it. That right there showed me that more people own a Vita than I thought. I don't think it's an impossible number, but putting both markets together would make sense also. 100k is a big number.

Shizuka

Let's see how Ultra Danganronpa will perform. It's a spin-off, but it's an original title for the Vita.

PSone Classic

Battle Hunter

PS2 Classic

Alter Echo

PS3 Games

Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode Three
Sniper Elite: Ultimate Edition
Sparkle 2 (+trial)
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

PS Vita Games

Flame Over
Scram Kitty DX
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

PS4 Games

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode Three
Scram Kitty DX
Sniper Elite: Ultimate Edition

PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: March 10th 2015.

Let's see how Ultra Danganronpa will perform. It's a spin-off, but it's an original title for the Vita.

The Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls announcement tweet is the most popular tweet on the US Playstation twitter account for at least the last three months. And a ton of people are obviously hyped for it, I have no doubt that it will do well.

Either Danganronpa 1 or 2 (or both) were in the top store sales for Vita in either NA or EU from Sept 2014 - January 2015 (other than Oct), but never before that.

I'm assuming the 100k is combined as well.

Shizuka

I can settle with 100k being DR1+DR2 (retail + limited edition + digital) for North America and Europe. That makes sense.

Honestly, 100k limited+digital+retail for DR 1&2 over the last year in NA doesn't seem that implausible to me. It's one of the most popular vita games/series out there.

Maid

Banned
While I keep hearing people recommended the game, I don't think it's that popular. Especially when in NA only. Furthermore, the genre isn't something people would jump in without thinking.

While I keep hearing people recommended the game, I don't think it's that popular. Especially when in NA only. Furthermore, the genre isn't something people would jump in without thinking.

This.

I think 100k for a game that's Western-exclusive to PSVita and niche in its own right isn't too bad, though I think more people should definitely be playing it.

cafemomo

Final Fantasy Typ-O HD worth getting?

I can only speak about the PSP version (some of it should be fixed with the HD release)

+Great Music
+Good "Story" (granted I can only understand half of the stuff they are are blabbing - played it in Japanese)
+Really pretty for a PSP game
+/- School setting, war torn nations, etc was a bit nice yet a bit lacking
-Can't do multiple quests at the same time
-Controls took me a while to get used too (but if you play it on the Vita, you can configure the 2nd stick to move the camera)
-Combat felt unbalanced at times
-EXP doesn't apply across the party

If you are looking for a "untraditional" Final Fantasy experience, then you should check out Type-0. But it's really up to you whether if you want to shell out the $60 for it. The HD release doesn't do anything for me personally. I'm still getting it, but I view it as a $60 demo with a free remastered PSP game attached to it.

I can settle with 100k being DR1+DR2 (retail + limited edition + digital) for North America and Europe. That makes sense.

Is their twitter known to lie or something? All it apparently says is "US" so I'd be inclined to believe these numbers are for US only.

Top Bottom