• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

incpdo

I hope Tokyo xanadu's length doesn't disappoint me. The game looks great. vita is turning little by little in the last place where jrpgs are going to die and that's fine by me.

deadfolk

Technically, all of then 1-4, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. There's no easy way out unfortunately. If you get the Legacy edition you could just watch the first one (you get it as both the game and a digital graphics novel).

NOOOOooooooooo!!!

Okay, so I'd need to get 1 on vita. I have 2,3 & 4. Do I need to play Portable Ops?

Jesus - Peace Walker is €19.99 still. I might have to rethink this, lol.

Really enjoying OlliOlli2 at the moment, but it's clear that I was right about the gameplay the first time around - OlliOlli games are as much rhythm games as they are skateboard games, you have to be ready for anything with almost no notice, hit the "notes" perfectly, and to perfect the harder levels you must memorize them.

antibolo

Banned
So I read this post in the IGN top 25 vita games list thread (spoiler:
it sucks
) and I was super confused at first, but then I realized it wasn't names2hard4you but rather another person who used a very similar avatar.

ZeroAKA

So I read this post in the IGN top 25 vita games list thread (spoiler:
it sucks
) and I was super confused at first, but then I realized it wasn't names2hard4you but rather another person who used a very similar avatar.
Yeah, IGN made a HUGE typo at number 2.

Takao

Banned
New theme based on the first two Dangan Ronpa games is out in Japan:

dkxKnl3.jpg
PsJt667.jpg
lTkhCzz.jpg
N9GL1Ap.jpg
dP7VTQL.jpg
hES7SJk.jpg

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-テーマ/cid=JP0365-PCSG00202_00-CUSTOMTHEME00001

10 pages
custom icons
BGM
400 yen

A theme based on DanganRonpa: Another Episode was one of the first to launch on PS Vita in Japan.

The embargo feels a bit weird, since I played about 15% of the game not-under-embargo, playlist of which is here. It's of course not the final game and I'll have far more detailed impressions on march 30th but I think you can get a good initial impression from that. But of course in a Metroidvania the beginning is not necessarily the most exciting part.

I had actually watched thisback when you released the video in December or something, and in part it was when I knew I wanted to play it aha

New theme based on the first two Dangan Ronpa games is out in Japan:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-テーマ/cid=JP0365-PCSG00202_00-CUSTOMTHEME00001

10 pages
custom icons
BGM
400 yen
I don't think this one is as good as the previous one.
Would still buy

antibolo

Banned
Yay, another awesome theme we're never going to get.

SCEA/SCEE can't even be bothered to put up themes from first party games, for fuck's sake.

Saphirax

NOOOOooooooooo!!!

Okay, so I'd need to get 1 on vita. I have 2,3 & 4. Do I need to play Portable Ops?

Jesus - Peace Walker is €19.99 still. I might have to rethink this, lol.

Portable Ops is kind of a middle ground, but you don't have to play it. Kojima wasn't the one who wrote it and considers some parts of it to be off. I personally never played it, so can't say much about it. (And apparently PO has been removed from the MGSV timeline, so take that as you will :p).

Do have in mind that Peace Walker plays differently compared to others. It can be a big turn off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Portable Ops is kind of a middle ground, but you don't have to play it. Kojima wasn't the one who wrote it and considers some parts of it to be off. I personally never played it, so can't say much about it. (And apparently PO has been removed from the MGSV timeline, so take that as you will :p).

Do have in mind that Peace Walker plays differently compared to others. It can be a big turn off.

Portable Ops is GARBAGE. But it does have this.

autoduelist

I do.

It's nothing special really.
Relatively slow gameplay, not much content, decent variety but nothing to write home about either, relatively easy boss fights.
One level when the learning curve is broken, then pretty much back to normal. Looks good, because of good artstyle. I also like the idea of being like a Nano capsule and fighting bacteria and viruses lol.

I like twin stick shooters so I still enjoyed it, and would recommend it at a discount (like I got it) but you need to like the genre imo.

Overall like a 6,5-7/10 for me
overhyped by the Wii U crowd imo, maybe because of the graphics on a visually light console.

Darn. I was worried about your spoiler being the case.

Worth the $7 it's on sale for now? Maybe I should hope for $3.

Wait did Class of Heros 2G ever hit PSN? I have a physical copy I'm still unsure about opening. I guess I don't really have time to immediately play it anyway.

Yes. I bought a code off ebay when it released...didn't all physical come with codes or something? I remember there were tons of them in circulation for a bit so i got it cheap.

I'll more or less second that. Good twin stick shooter, but not one I would recommend unless you have played basically every other decent twin stick and shmup on PS4. If you've played 'em all and still got an itch it's not a bad way to spend a few bucks, but if you've played them all and want a more interesting game I'd wait for Assault Android Cactus

It's my favorite genre of all time, brought on by being raised on Robotron 2084. So i have played the rest on ps4... and it does 'look' good, but I'm definitely concerned that all the criticism is fairly consistent about it being merely decent.

Darn. I was hoping it was a masterpiece based on the wii-u hype.

I guess with the tepid responses here i'll wait for a better sale. $7 is $7 i could put towards other games like Oreshika.

that happiness is short-lived :X

Very short lived. I am so sad at all the games I was forced to delete from my 64g that i either hadn't played yet, or that wrecked my 'collection' pages.

Sony, please, please, more storage.

SerTapTap

Yes. I bought a code off ebay when it released...didn't all physical come with codes or something? I remember there were tons of them in circulation for a bit so i got it cheap.

Sure you're not thinking of Class of Heroes 2 or something? I can't find codes for sale anywhere and it's not listed on PSN. I actually can't find anything regarding a digital release for the PS3 version at all, I thought it just failed cert and would be along any week. That was months ago...

It's my favorite genre of all time, brought on by being raised on Robotron 2084. So i have played the rest on ps4... and it does 'look' good, but I'm definitely concerned that all the criticism is fairly consistent about it being merely decent.

In the defense of the hype, it was the best
only
twin stick shooter on Wii U. $7 isn't bad for it, but it isn't a crazy deal either. IMO it benefitted greatly from being a launch title and Shin'en's "too good for Nintendo hardware" visuals.

Shizuka

What are the next (confirmed) retail releases for the Vita for North America? MLB is a code in a box, I won't use that for the list.

- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters;
- Toukiden Kiwami;
- Neptunia U;
- Neptunia Rebirth 3
- XBlaze: Lost Memories;
- Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy;
- Ultra Danganronpa;
- Two Lego games.

What are the next (confirmed) retail releases for the Vita for North America? MLB is a code in a box, I won't use that for the list.

- Toukiden Kiwami;
- Neptunia U;
- Neptunia Rebirth 3
- Ultra Danganronpa;
- Two Lego games.

I think you got them all. There's tons of digital-only stuff coming but that's about it for now. I'm expecting that list to grow a bit by the end of the year, but I don't think it'll be by that much. If it means that we are getting games on the Vita, I don't really mind if we keep getting digital titles if they are priced accordingly.

eFKac

Darn. I was worried about your spoiler being the case.

Worth the $7 it's on sale for now? Maybe I should hope for $3.

I guess with the tepid responses here i'll wait for a better sale. $7 is $7 i could put towards other games like Oreshika.

Haha it's a really hard sell.

On one hand it's another twin stick shooter that you haven't played yet, and you like those.
On the other, as a huge fan of the genre, you a have a decent chance to be more disappointed by the game than the average player because you'll compare it more to objectively better games that you've played before.

I got it for aprox. 5 Euro, I won't say I was disappointed by it, but I'd lie to you if I said that I've replayed it much (while I'm regularly going back to Resogun for example), although there is a Challenge mode that gives it some replay value and Leaderboards.

I think with how often indie games go on sales on PSN, I wouldn't be surprised it was 5$ sometime this year.

All that said, I wanna say go for it, it's not a bad game, but don't hold me accountable if you don't like it :p you really know best if money is an issue, how big of a backlog do you have or if you just fancy this type of game at the moment.

Helldivers is fuckin' awesome. This design they set up is amazing. Has me actually getting excited up and yelling at the TV like a caveman.

shoot me a friend request if you guys want to play - NinjaMicWZ ofc

JPS Kai

Sure you're not thinking of Class of Heroes 2 or something? I can't find codes for sale anywhere and it's not listed on PSN. I actually can't find anything regarding a digital release for the PS3 version at all, I thought it just failed cert and would be along any week. That was months ago...
Class of Heroes 2G on PSN is still coming, so chances are he's thinking of the PSP game. Buying the physical PS3 game doesn't net you a digital code for free (I asked Vic about this before I did my review)

- Toukiden Kiwami;
- Neptunia U;
- Neptunia Rebirth 3
- Ultra Danganronpa;
- Two Lego games.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax was confirm for retail ( http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...fighting-climax-coming-to-ps3-vita-this-year/ )

Also J-Stars might be retail as well but I don't think they gave details on digital vs. retail.

Shizuka

It is? That's just sad. IMHO that's even worse than no retail at all.

It is, just like Minecraft. A $20 code in a box. Oh, and might as well add another game, we're getting Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend retail and digital for the Vita (and a few other platforms) later this year.

That and we might get a few XSEED games before the end of the year.

Can't wait for that Corpse Party mhm... Wonder if NISA will sneak another game or two until the end of the year, probably not. Maybe something from Atlus? Those guys must be busy with all the Persona stuff this year, so another nay.

Shizuka

Can't wait for that Corpse Party mhm... Wonder if NISA will sneak another game or two until the end of the year, probably not. Maybe something from Atlus? Those guys must be busy with all the Persona stuff this year, so another nay.

Oh, Persona 4 Dancing All Night. That's supposed to be 2015 and physical, right?

Maybe Gamestop-exclusive again?

That and we might get a few XSEED games before the end of the year.

That's true. One Piece Red World had a limited Vita physical release, but I don't think the ps3 version was limited?

And I totally forgot about Corpse Party: Blood Drive. Tom hinted that would get a physical release and LE.

Shizuka

That's true. One Piece Red World had a limited Vita physical release, but I don't think the ps3 version was limited?

And I totally forgot about Corpse Party: Blood Drive. Tom hinted that would get a physical release and LE.

The PS3 and 3DS versions weren't exclusives. Vita version was Gamestop-exclusive, Wii U version was DD-only. Tales of Hearts R was another Gamestop-exclusive, even if it's being sold on Namco's Store.

We should be getting Corpse Party and Sen no Kiseki, that makes two Vita games.

The PS3 and 3DS versions weren't exclusives. Vita version was Gamestop-exclusive, Wii U version was DD-only. Tales of Hearts R was another Gamestop-exclusive, even if it's being sold on Namco's Store.

We should be getting Corpse Party and Sen no Kiseki, that makes two Vita games.

Yeah, I knew about ToHR, but I was focussing on games that had multiplatform releases and how they treated the vita version there.

We might also see Senran Kagura Estival Versus later this year, although that might be 2016 because they want to space it out from SK2. Although, Bon Appetit was one month after SV, so that might not be an issue.

Oh, Persona 4 Dancing All Night. That's supposed to be 2015 and physical, right?

RIGHT can't believe I forgot, even though I just mentioned them. I cannot see this not getting the usual Atlus LE treatment, or the first print collectors edition as well like all of their other games.

That makes the list a little bigger. Still, even though it is early in the year, I'm starting to think that from the usual "big" companies, that is it for the Vita physically this year. We still have E3 and Gamescom and TGS, but who are we kidding here... we won't see the Vita much there, and TGS is more Japan-centric.

I expect a whole load of digital games, that's for sure, tons of great indies. I'm okay with that.

Top Bottom