• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

yella

The place you bought it from needs to provide you a valid code, if they don't demand your money back.
It seems they did... I asked some more questions of Sony's customer service, and they told me the code was redeemed the same day I bought it. How is that even possible?

Wow @ the GOTM tie... noice. I like both of those games and I figured I would be the only one to vote for htoL#NiQ

I'll be buying:

Helldivers (we gotta co-op this game sometime doods)
La Mulana EX
OlliOlli2
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (provided I can order that Play-Asia listing)
Hotline Miami 2
Bloodborne (hype train is Snowpiercer levels right now)
Soldner X-2 (if it actually hits March)

...probably Metal Slug 3. I have Anthology, and I've been playing it a lot lately while I watch shows, but I think trophies and native Vita can sell me on having a second version. What I wouldn't give for a re-tooled, native Vita release of Anthology with 7 & XX included, better emulation & UI, more options, trophies, more unlocks, and a physical release. I'd pay $100 for that, no lie.

Will get Toukiden Kiwami on Vita, but maybe not in March. It definitely needs to go in the collection sooner or later. I'll wait for the Vita releases to buy Bastion and Axiom Verge. Never finished Bastion on Steam, but it was cool. Axiom I'm super hyped for, but I won't bother to play it on my PS4. FF Type-0 would've been day 1 for me if it was a Vita release, but as is, I have too much to play right now and no real time for it. I don't expect it to be that great and don't have a self-imposed obligation to buy every good PS4 game like I do with Vita :p ... I'll get Borderlands eventually too, since I didn't play Pre-Sequel, but I get tired and stall out in those games, even though I really like them. Bloodborne will take all my time when it releases, and April will see other large games like Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2 (missed out on it the first time) that I want to play instead.

Ponn

Banned
1) I prefer monocolor decks. Any color is fine really, there are certain skills that target certain colors of cards but generally speaking the only thing that matters regarding color is that you chain cards of the same color for mana. They're not remotely as relevant as elements in Pokemon TGC or anything.

2) Rubbing makes cards different, not uniquely better. Don't think of it as an upgrade. I try to always keep 3 of the base card when rubbing, and rub in groups to waste less time. Cards can change in almost any way, higher stats, same cost, higher stats higher cost, new skills, lower stats lower cost, lower stats new skills.

3) The AI, especially late game, loves to spam Mana Attack skill cards. You should see a skill activation when it happens. There's usually only a few per deck and they usually play them RIGHT at the start. It's totally not cheating right.

4) There's tons of decent 2 and 3 mana cards. Try and keep like half your deck at that threshold really, if you're not placing a card every turn (and completing a large mana bonus every 3 turns!) you're at a pretty major disadvantage.

5) Yes that's what the Neptune card seems to do. You only get one so they do it so you don't "ruin" it I guess.

Thanks, I was looking for the activation message but I wasn't seeing it. I wanted to see what cards they were using for that. I will try making another deck with the low level cards you suggested and see how that plays out.

SerTapTap

Thanks, I was looking for the activation message but I wasn't seeing it. I wanted to see what cards they were using for that. I will try making another deck with the low level cards you suggested and see how that plays out.

It's one of the healer units I think. I'm not sure how they get it, it must be a +1 or +2 card or something. I'm pretty sure I've got tons of the same healer card + all rub levels without that stupid skill

Zhao_Yun

1) I prefer monocolor decks. Any color is fine really, there are certain skills that target certain colors of cards but generally speaking the only thing that matters regarding color is that you chain cards of the same color for mana. They're not remotely as relevant as elements in Pokemon TGC or anything.

Running a dualcolor deck at the moment since I don't want to put in filler cards for a monocolored deck. It's working good thus far and I normally manage to get all the aura bonuses nevertheless. Once I get more good red cards I am planning to build a red monocolor deck though :)

btw: as someone who never played KH:BBS on PSP... is the HD Remix of KH 2 worth it for that game alone?

Shun

Running a dualcolor deck at the moment since I don't want to put in filler cards for a monocolored deck. It's working good thus far and I normally manage to get all the aura bonuses nevertheless. Once I get more good red cards I am planning to build a red monocolor deck though :)

btw: as someone who never played KH:BBS on PSP... is the HD Remix of KH 2 worth it for that game alone?

Yes, it looks A LOT crisper and cleaner.

I loved it on PSP, but the HD Remix did it a ton of justice.

PSP is just as good gameplaywise if you go that way and I would recommend both.

I'm not that far in but does it matter which card pack you buy? Why are they different values?

Hikami

Anyone ever play these? (If you have, are they any good?)
Didn't even know they existed since no one ever mentions them.
Loh4_The_Legend_of_Heroes_A_Tear_of_Vermillion.jpg
Loh3_The_Legend_of_Heroes_II_Prophecy_of_the_Moonlight_Witch.jpg
Legend_of_Heroes_Song_of_the_Ocean_cover.jpg
Kinda interested in trying them since Trails in the Sky SC is pretty far away..
:(

Shizuka

I have all three. They all cost me a pretty penny. I went after them for the same reason you're considering, but I've never got past the first couple of hours of the first game (which Namco decided to call the second one).

Takao

Banned

IIRC they have a really bad translation and the PSP ports gutted the original battle system.

SerTapTap

It was bound to happen some day; a full set. It's much harder without Atelier. I can already feel my power level increasing

If you have enough base cards you can rub to get similar versions and fill out a deck fairly easily. Each rub level counts as it's own card, as do +1/-1 cards and their variations.

I'm not that far in but does it matter which card pack you buy? Why are they different values?

Only buy the highest number of card packs. They're a bit cheaper, and more importantly you spend less time suffering through the infernal "you opened a card pack, look at you go!" unskippable animations and button presses.

Zhao_Yun

Yes, it looks A LOT crisper and cleaner.

I loved it on PSP, but the HD Remix did it a ton of justice.

PSP is just as good gameplaywise if you go that way and I would recommend both.

I probably need to replay 2 anyway before 3 comes out (which will still take some years anyway :p) so I was thinking about going the HD Remix route.

I played the first 2 hours of one of those 3 games (I actually forgot which one) and it wasn't good imo.

If you have enough base cards you can rub to get similar versions and fill out a deck fairly easily. Each rub level counts as it's own card, as do +1/-1 cards and their variations.

I know that, but even then I am still lacking some cards. Maybe I should start buying some booster packs.
Doesn't the game become kinda boring though with a monoclored deck? I could imagine that having to decide which color to play next actually makes the game more interesting.

Hikami

I have all three. They all cost me a pretty penny. I went after them for the same reason you're considering, but I've never got past the first couple of hours of the first game (which Namco decided to call the second one).
IIRC they have a really bad translation and the PSP ports gutted the original battle system.
I played the first 2 hours of one of those 3 games (I actually forgot which one) and it wasn't good imo.
Well that's a shame, they're not even available on the psn store I just realized.
The wait for SC continues I guess.

Tohsaka

It was bound to happen some day; a full set. It's much harder without Atelier. I can already feel my power level increasing

Only buy the highest number of card packs. They're a bit cheaper, and more importantly you spend less time suffering through the infernal "you opened a card pack, look at you go!" unskippable animations and button presses.

Nice collection, I have all of those games too.

SerTapTap

I know that, but even then I am still lacking some cards. Maybe I should start buying some booster packs.
Doesn't the game become kinda boring though with a monoclored deck? I could imagine that having to decide which color to play next actually makes the game more interesting.

IMO no, since the colors aren't elements or anything. I do try to keep at least two decks going to swap around every once in a while. But duocolor is actually far more limiting than monocolor on the battle field--once your mana chain color is set you can't deviate unless you run out of cards or by some cruel twist of fate it's far better to place a different color of card. It means on 2 of 3 turns half the cards in your deck are basically dead to you. With a monocolor deck you can use any card you can at any time, mana permitting.

I'd recommend buying a batch of cards every time a new booster is available BTW. You should get plenty of money while playing through single player, I always buy at least 5 of the largest pack available when I can. Money should pretty much only be needed for new cards and buying more of the "more money/rub points" items.

Flandy

You should probably delete that screenshot before you get banned

SerTapTap

You should probably delete that screenshot before you get banned

Not sure if serious. All I've heard is that discussion of certain subject matter from certain games is banned, which I didn't and don't plan to discuss regardless. The game's very reference in a clinical manner isn't banned that I can tell

Tapejara

Happy New Thread! Lots of games I'm looking forward to this month. Might have to push a few purchases back, but so far my must get titles are La Mulana, Tokyo Twighlight Ghost Hunters, Axiom Verge, Flame Over and Awakened Fate Ultimatum. Need a price for Zombie Army Trilogy before I make the jump as I already have the first two on PC.

Zhao_Yun

IMO no, since the colors aren't elements or anything. I do try to keep at least two decks going to swap around every once in a while. But duocolor is actually far more limiting than monocolor on the battle field--once your mana chain color is set you can't deviate unless you run out of cards or by some cruel twist of fate it's far better to place a different color of card. It means on 2 of 3 turns half the cards in your deck are basically dead to you. With a monocolor deck you can use any card you can at any time, mana permitting.

I'd recommend buying a batch of cards every time a new booster is available BTW. You should get plenty of money while playing through single player, I always buy at least 5 of the largest pack available when I can. Money should pretty much only be needed for new cards and buying more of the "more money/rub points" items.

Yes, duocolor decks are more limiting but I like those situations, where you have to decide between playing the 3rd card of the same color and get the buff or playing a card with a different color which fulfills a better role for your needs. Sure it would be easier if I wouldn't have to care about color at all but imo the game is easy enough already anyway (against the AI). When playing against human opponents with a monocolored deck, a duocolor deck would probably be too much of a handicap though.
So yeah... having a monocolored deck definitely makes more sense in this game but I probably just like to handicap myself a bit :p It's sad that all colors in this game are practically interchangeable. Would have been nice if each color would have had their own specialities similar to TCGs like MTG.

TomShoe

Banned
Diablo III UEE for $24, lawd. It's sooo tempting, but Bloodborne is coming up and I need to keep working on Dragon Age...

Producer

these ports were bad, and the translation as well.

autoduelist

Hey since I don't think there is an OT for monster monpiece I will ask here. I think i'm on chapter 9 or 10 and I have pretty good decks so far but i'm wondering some things.

1) I have two decks, one green/yellow and blue/red. Are these good combos?

2) Am I crazy or is it preferable not to raise every cards levels. I know some gain potentials or skills and lose hp but some of the skills or potentials aren't worth the attack or hp loss in my opinion.

1) I believe I easily beat the game with green/yellow, but it's been awhile. Sounds right, though. I preferred two color decks.

2) Stats can go down, but I had mostly high ranking cards in my deck. It's important to remember you don't need/want every card to even be in battle -- for those, it's all about their secondaries/skills. Some cards att/def stats do go up -- those are your front line. Having an nearly invincible card (between it and it's buffers/healers) at the front line will pull the enemies attention away from other lanes. Ai will waste turns throwing trash at it while you advance other lanes for the win.

Diablo III UEE for $24, lawd. It's sooo tempting, but Bloodborne is coming up and I need to keep working on Dragon Age...

for ps4? where is diablo III for $24?! gimme!

I'll be buying:

Helldivers (we gotta co-op this game sometime doods)
I had no idea what this game was until today. Reminds me of those old 4 player co-op arcade games like Desert Assault. Damn I hope it's a part of PS+. It would give me time to save up some cash for perm-buy.

Anyone out there with MLB 14: The Show for Vita and a capture device?

I need some B-roll for something I'm putting together today and don't know anyone who has it and a method of capture to go along with.

Edit: Never mind, I've got some now. ^_^

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I disagree, imo duocolor is better because among 5-6 cards there is always a card of the color you need, i never have color problems, i can also choose between a larger set of mana 2-3 monsters(and obviously others) that are my main monsters, i use yellow-blue deck because of Fia and Neptune! XD

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So what happens when you die in the middle of a dungeon in P4G? Just wondering because I've been playing this first one for a while now an there haven't been any save points. Do you have to do the entire thing again if you die?

SerTapTap

I disagree, imo duocolor is better because among 5-6 cards there is always a card of the color you need, i never have color problems, i can also choose between a larger set of mana 2-3 monsters(and obviously others) that are my main monsters, i use yellow-blue deck because of Fia and Neptune! XD

I ran duocolor for several chapters and would run out of the right color at least once every few battles. Even with a perfectly even deck unless you only use a color you have 3+ cards in right now, you have more of to start every chain you're going to run out sometime. And even then there's going to be situations where those 3 cards are like, 3 healers when you need to put down 2 melees and 1 healer.

And once you have a good selection of monsters, the increase in variety isn't particularly notable. There's maybe two or three really good monsters I wish I could put in my monocolor decks but it's really not a big deal or remotely worth losing a turn or mana bonus here or there.

Top Bottom