• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

deadfolk

So what happens when you die in the middle of a dungeon in P4G? Just wondering because I've been playing this first one for a while now an there haven't been any save points. Do you have to do the entire thing again if you die?

It asks you if you want to carry on from the begging of the current floor, iirc, but I can't remember if that's anywhere or only on boss battles.

Edit: Looks like that's only on normal and easy. What you should do is use a GOHO-M to go back to the entrance to save.

RK128

Played through an hour or so of Nepuna Rebirth, and it is quite fun :). The visuals just pop off the Vita's screen, the combat system is quite creative, the cast is very lively and the references to gaming are just a joy to see. Great purchase from the Vita Birthday sale and once more Gaf sells me on another JP gaming series :D.

If I really enjoy Rebirth 1, then I might give its sequel, Rebirth 2 and the SRPG Norie game a shot :).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It asks you if you want to carry on from the begging of the current floor, iirc, but I can't remember if that's anywhere or only on boss battles.

Edit: Looks like that's only on normal and easy. What you should do is use a GOHO-M to go back to the entrance to save.
Thanks. I didn't die anyway but it's good to know for later.

So the gameplay isn't actually too bad. I definitely way prefer the visual novel part of the game but that first dungeon was very much tolerable. My only major issue is the game not allowing you to save floor by floor. I hate being forced in to long play sessions in portable games. Hate it. Limiting going back to the entrance to save as consumables is bleh. I feel like I should be able to do this as many times as I like. Whenever I feel like stopping basically. Does the game give you a lot of these as you play? I think I had three for that first dungeon but chose not to use them since I figured it's best to save them for later longer and harder dungeons.

Sarcasm

Wow didn't realize there was a new PSN thread! Before steam too! ha!

Anybody know...if you can use the same email for a different region PSN?

bobohoro

Thanks. I didn't die anyway but it's good to know for later.

So the gameplay isn't actually too bad. I definitely way prefer the visual novel part of the game but that first dungeon was very much tolerable. My only major issue is the game not allowing you to save floor by floor. I hate being forced in to long play sessions in portable games. Hate it. Limiting going back to the entrance to save as consumables is bleh. I feel like I should be able to do this as many times as I like. Whenever I feel like stopping basically. Does the game give you a lot of these as you play? I think I had three for that first dungeon but chose not to use them since I figured it's best to save them for later longer and harder dungeons.

Well it was a console game initially and the planning and balancing of risk/progress in the dungeons was intended. Of course, it never quite worked, since beginners get frustrated by it and good players will never really have a problem with managing that stuff, so it's just another problem in a long list of many concerning dungeons. But I don't really see the long play session issue, since Vita sleep mode exists and the battery won't die on you that easily.

Goho-Ms are plentyful, I think there is a vending machine that deals them out in the beginning, you might have to google that if you really want more. You can alternatively backtrack through the floors while avoiding shadows if you are in a real dire situation. But the game gets progressively easier as you go along and you will basically never really care about that stuff after ~15 hours in.

maouvin

Can't access my JP account due to it saying I need to reset my password (had it before the hack never used it afterwards too). Reason is I can't remember my birthdate...lol

I had this problem once with one of my shared accounts. Thankfully I remembered my password.
Never fake your birthdate on PSN, kids. Can't even change it in case you mistyped.

I had this problem once with one of my shared accounts. Thankfully I remembered my password.
Never fake your birthdate on PSN, kids. Can't even change it in case you mistyped.

I'm really scared that this will happen since I don't know if I entered the correct birthday in my US account. There is no way to check what you entered right?

Sarcasm

JP account was really a throw-away since it was only used to get access to adhoc party lol.

Trying to make a new one but I think it is saying I can't use this email....I need to make a new one..any suggestion to which one? trying to keep it in the realm of username I have always used for things.

VLiberty

I'm really scared that this will happen since I don't know if I entered the correct birthday in my US account. There is no way to check what you entered right?
Yes there is an application that finds your bd, I used that as I entered a false one.
Can't remember how it's named though, but I might still have it on my PC. I'll let you know

Sarcasm

Can't do this since it is a FORCED password reset as the password was saved locally still. =S

NewDust

Has anyone received their 15 dollar promocode for the "spend 100 get 15" February promotion? I realize that there is still a day to go before the deadline of us receiving our codes arrives, but I"m afraid me receiving a refund might have fudged things up.

Where do I find themes on the JP PSN store (on PC)?

Click the highlighted option on the frontpage of the webstore
0wTu5bI.png

SerTapTap

I don't suppose anyone here has Motto! Sonicomi PS3? I still have no idea how to unlock the DLC costume I have. I downloaded it but it's not in any of the menus.

JP account was really a throw-away since it was only used to get access to adhoc party lol.

Trying to make a new one but I think it is saying I can't use this email....I need to make a new one..any suggestion to which one? trying to keep it in the realm of username I have always used for things.

If you have a gmail you can just add a + and some text and many systems accept it as a new email (though some falsely detect it as an invalid email)

maouvin

If you still have access to your account, you can check your info on account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

If not, wait for VLiberty's solution.

If you still have access to your account, you can check your info on account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

If not, wait for VLiberty's solution.

I still have access to my accounts, I just don't remember if I used my correct birthdate. SEN site doesn't tell you what you put in as your birthday, same as every other account page on the consoles. For some reason Sony absolutely refuses to show you that information.

maouvin

I still have access to my accounts, I just don't remember if I used my correct birthdate. SEN site doesn't tell you what you put in as your birthday, same as every other account page on the consoles. For some reason Sony absolutely refuses to show you that information.

Blimey, they don't indeed. I probably remembered of the "customer since" field and took it the birthday field (let's not talk about how the years wouldn't match). Welp.

deadfolk

You can alternatively backtrack through the floors while avoiding shadows if you are in a real dire situation.

Don't do this. You won't be able to pick up from where you left off, as 'where you left off' becomes level 1. It's a crappy mechanism, but just use the GOHO-Ms to return and save regularly. There's no shortage of them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I ran duocolor for several chapters and would run out of the right color at least once every few battles. Even with a perfectly even deck unless you only use a color you have 3+ cards in right now, you have more of to start every chain you're going to run out sometime. And even then there's going to be situations where those 3 cards are like, 3 healers when you need to put down 2 melees and 1 healer.

And once you have a good selection of monsters, the increase in variety isn't particularly notable. There's maybe two or three really good monsters I wish I could put in my monocolor decks but it's really not a big deal or remotely worth losing a turn or mana bonus here or there.
I read my situation and i play a card, for example if i have only two yellow cards i play blue cards, but usually even if play a yellow card a third yellow card appears in the meantime, and i don't have a perfectly even deck.
The type of monsters doesn't really matter in the end, obviously melee monsters are better than others to fight, but any monster with monster fusion and power ups from the 3 cards stuff becomes good enough, in the end it's not important how much damage a card can do in a single turn, but how much damage it can suffer without dying, because the more it lasts the more it heals and becomes powerful, that's why a healer behind is more important than a powerful monster ahead.

ascii42

Don't do this. You won't be able to pick up from where you left off, as 'where you left off' becomes level 1. It's a crappy mechanism, but just use the GOHO-Ms to return and save regularly. There's no shortage of them.

Yep. And you can also grow Return Daikons, which do the same thing.

bobohoro

Pretty off topic, but for some reason some users' avatars are broken for me here on GAF lol. Am I the only one affected by this?

No, happened to me too this morning and hasn't changed much. It's also totally random for which avatars I'm seeing and how many.

Like I said, dire situations only. You can just as well run past all the shadows on your way back to the deeper floors as well. :D

But yeah, dungeon navigation becomes a non-issue later in terms of progress and risk of losing anything, which ultimately makes it less exciting and even more tedious.

Not sure if this is the best thread to post this in, but I have all of two active friends on PSN. Looking to add some Neogaf peoples: Darkest-Hero.
Shu, let us change our names

No, happened to me too this morning and hasn't changed much. It's also totally random for which avatars I'm seeing and how many.
Yup pretty much. The mobile version is totally fine though.

Since I'm out and so happen to have a 20$ bill in my wallet, I'm gonna buy a PSN card for Oreshika tomorrow

autoduelist

But I don't really see the long play session issue, since Vita sleep mode exists and the battery won't die on you that easily.

Worth noting, even if your battery dies while you're playing or while in sleep, it'll save your gamestate and you'll be fine when you power up. More vita magic.

SerTapTap

Worth noting, even if your battery dies while you're playing or while in sleep, it'll save your gamestate and you'll be fine when you power up. More vita magic.

PSP did this too. Super annoyed the 3DS doesn't, with it's abysmal standby battery life.
But battery life and length of play sessions isn't the only reason I'd want to swap out a game, sometimes I just want to play something else for a bit. That's why I wish more games had a self-erasing suspend state or something. It's great to quit Firefly Diary and be on the exact puzzle I was just on when I come back.

VLiberty

Seems like I still had the file on my HDD, it's named PSN_Birthday_Recover.exe. Can't remember where did I downloaded it though, so google it but look carefully, scan it before downloading/launching it etc...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Uh...guys? So I just beat the first dungeon in P4G for a second time and now it wont let me leave? What? I beat the boss and it hasn't sent me back to the enrance. Is tbis normal? And trying to go back down floor by floor it appears everything has reset. Explanation please.

I don't seriously have to fight my waydown the floors just to leave right? That would be such bad design it's not even funny.

pariah164

Uh...guys? So I just beat the first dungeon in P4G for a second time and now it wont let me leave? What? I beat the boss and it hasn't sent me back to the enrance. Is tbis normal? And trying to go back down floor by floor it appears everything has reset. Explanation please.
Use a Goho-M.

It wasn't happening to me earlier today when I was at home, but now that I'm in class, everyone's avatars are broken for me.

Mystery solved then, it's a problem on GAFs side.

So I ended up buying a 50$ PSN card since they ran out of the 20$ one. Guess I got my funds for both Oreshika and Axiom Verge. Type-0 was free thanks to The Order and Bloodborne is already paid off. My month is set.

wilflare

Mystery solved then, it's a problem on GAFs side.

So I ended up buying a 50$ PSN card since they ran out of the 20$ one. Guess I got my funds for both Oreshika and Axiom Verge. Type-0 was free thanks to The Order and Bloodborne is already paid off. My month is set.

you should have told me...
was trying to sell one of my $50 PSN cards :/

Top Bottom