• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Daigr

Anyone from Canada ever use a credit card on Sony Rewards?

I'm 20 points away from getting a 10 voucher for ps store. And all my points expire on the 31st.

Trying to buy the 20 points for 20 cents and it won't go through.

SerTapTap

Oh wow, Estival is pretty great so far. Looks beautiful. Very smooth too, makes me sad I ever had to suffer through 720p/30FPS anime games on PS3.

Anyone from Canada ever use a credit card on Sony Rewards?

I'm 20 points away from getting a 10 voucher for ps store. And all my points expire on the 31st.

Trying to buy the 20 points for 20 cents and it won't go through.

Sony Rewards isn't supposed to work for Canadians, so there's your problem right there.

If there weren't gonna be any updates for this long they shouldn't have posted anything. They just riled people up

At this point I honestly don't even know why they posted it. Everything about 4infinity is just too vague to get too involved or hyped, for me anyway. I'm hoping next week we get something more substantial.

Looks cool. Actually tempted to get this one.

SerTapTap

Is there a way to disable the screenshot noise? I thought turning off key tone turned off the notification sounds. I wish we could disable/shorten the notification itself too.

At this point I honestly don't even know why they posted it. Everything about 4infinity is just too vague to get too involved or hyped, for me anyway. I'm hoping next week we get something more substantial.
At least they did something with it. Still, a very, very bad way of teasing something in my opinion...

Maid

Banned
Much more interested in Neptunia Victory 2 but I'll hopefully get a review copy to give this a shot. No Tsunako art means I'm a bit eh on preordering sight unseen. Hoping it's funny and not too harem-y--that generic dude on the cover with the sword has me worried, what's the deal with him? Characters in Neptunia/Senran Kagura are as good as they are because there's no lame harem writing.

Every idol story need a kind of producer.

Honestly speaking, though, he's not even an active member in battle, and most of the time you're controlling the girls so I have no idea why that guy exists.

But man, I really want to get that LE. Look pretty good considering the price.

SerTapTap

I hope Tamsoft never make another 3DS SK game. PS4 matters SO MUCH this is glorious.

Every idol story need a kind of producer.

Honestly speaking, though, he's not even an active member in battle, and most of the time you're controlling the girls so I have no idea why that guy exists.

But man, I really want to get that LE. Look pretty good considering the price.

Yeah, for $15 extra it's pretty great, especially if it's free ship + no tax like their other LEs were (only the noire fig had shipping, I guess it was too cheap for free ship).

I'm still meh on the producer thing, it made sense in Neptunia PP even if the producer is a worthless lump, but it's ridiculously unnecessary in Noire. Don't know how it is in *w* but I expect to not like that aspect. At least his role seems minor.

deadfolk

Zero escape three would literally cause me to drop everything and play it through from day one. That's a huge deal for me. I only just finished P3 and P4 recently.

By the way...is there any news on S;G?

Maid

Banned
It's supposed to come out in April, or so I heard.

Don't know how it is in *w* but I expect to not like that aspect. At least his role seems minor.

Get the LE and use this superior cover.

omega-quintet-limited-edition.jpg

But, really, why was he even on the cover anyway? On everything of the LE you will see they try to hide him away from our view.

Man, S;G is May, not April? I guess I could wait for another month, but stil...

Hopefully US has the same release date, because right now they're awfully quiet on that front. The wait will be killer, but I'm thrilled that we'll soon be able to play it on our vitas.

SerTapTap

Get the LE and use this superior cover.

But, really, why was he even on the cover anyway? On everything of the LE you will see they try to hide him away from our view.

I have zero idea why on earth the dude was ever on any over of the game. But then again lots of covers are completely baffling. Friggin no shinkawa on my MGSV mumble grumble

Not enough.
And I don't mean to be rude but this avatar looks better, name :p. I can't recognize you without a Persona avatar.
LOL.
And like I said, it was a Friday thing. Since Shizuka complained of people having the same avatar as me I went and fetched myself this one. Back in Phantom Thief gounds. Still got the snarky smirk too.

Hikami

Got to play Bloodborne/use a PS4 for the first time today at a friend's house..
I need to get a PS4 already.

Edit: lol about to change my avatar anyways

Ugh, got you confused with Hikami for a second.
Don't worry what you saw was not supposed to be my Avy. The one I was talking about, and Maid too is the one I have now. I was just fucking around with another image, and wanted to see if it worked properly lol. Transparent backgrounds are a bitch on here. As a web developer I still can't figure out why transparent PNGs over 100x120p break. I'm sure it has to do with size constraints, but I'd love to know what happens under the hood, that makes something that is transparent just simply go white if over this resolution.

ANYWAY...

Got to play Bloodborne/use a PS4 for the first time today..

Bloodborne is amazing, Souls put me off because of how clunky it was but this clicked with me.

Don't change it because of me LOL. As I was saying, this is the final one.

Agent X

Been having some Vita issues since the firmware update. Namely, games won't even start. They just hang on the splash screen after you select "Start Game". I thought I fixed it last night after doing a database restore, but I just tried starting a game up today and it's back to not working. Any ideas?

EDIT: And now it's working again. Weird.

I haven't experienced the problem that you described, but I've experienced other weirdness, which I described in a couple of posts last night. Several games (Super Stardust Delta, Velocity 2X, Futuridium EP Deluxe) would simply refuse to connect to PSN to retrieve online scoreboards. Even those games' options or prompts to "connect to PSN" wouldn't work--the games would not even attempt to connect. There's no "tried and failed" message--they simply don't go through the motions of connecting, and the menu options remain "inactive" with no other response.

Oddly enough, if I fiddle around with the PSN connection in Settings, I can sometimes go into those games afterward and get them to connect like they normally would. Usually, if I disconnect from PSN in Settings and then launch the game, the game will then prompt me to log on (using the Vita OS login dialog) at some early point during the title screen or main menu sequence, and then the scoreboards appear to be fully functional. Sometimes, if I don't do this, and experience the scoreboard problem, then exit the game (press the PS button and "wipe" the page from the corner) and relaunch it a few seconds later, it will connect successfully.

These workarounds don't seem completely consistent, though. Also, there are a few other games that don't have this problem, so I believe the problem has something to do with the way those particular games were developed. They might be using certain functions from the SDK to connect to PSN, which other games don't use.

Don't worry what you saw was not supposed to be my Avy. The one I was talking about, and Maid too is the one I have now. I was just fucking around with another image, and wanted to see if it worked properly lol. Transparent backgrounds are a bitch on here

Cool now if CureVylash would use the chibi version again...

SerTapTap

Interesting tidbit, Sony's patch cert, at least for PS4, should be around a week (but can be accelerated for emergencies.)

Worse than no cert, but really doesn't seem incredibly limiting for frequently updated (less than daily, of course) games.

Got to play Bloodborne/use a PS4 for the first time today..

It's a damn fine system. Not flawless, but I love playing on it.

Nah, just more excited for P4D at the moment since we've been getting quite a bit of info on it/closer to release than P5.
Fair enough, I'm not that much of a rhythm games fan so for me I guess I will be in for the story. I am just too tired of the P4 crew, that game got milked to hell and back. I am ready for something new
or P3G on the Vita.

Maid

Banned
Fair enough, I'm not that much of a rhythm games fan so for me I guess I will be in for the story. I am just too tired of the P4 crew, that game got milked to hell and back. I am ready for something new
or P3G on the Vita.

Not enough Rise and Nanako though.

Chuy

or P3G on the Vita.
That would make too much sense honestly and i'm still surprised atlus hasn't done it yet.

Speaking of persona i'm tempted to buy the persona games from psn right now due to not playing the game in nearly 7 months but i promised myself i'd hold onto not spending anything til golden week. Doubt i'll last that long with sales being as amazing as they are

Hikami

or P3G on the Vita.

Opposite for me, love the P4 crew and want more from them lol. Atlus isn't milking them enough.
P3G on Vita would be amazing though.

DAMNIT, I just can't change my avatar to something new, going back to the old one. I'm so used to my normal one that I can't even find myself in here anymore.

That would make too much sense honestly and i'm still surprised atlus hasn't done it yet.
Maybe once the P3 movies end, whenever that happens.

Ugh, that reminds me that the past two took almost a whole year to get put into BD and then translated on the internet... So depressing. We are probably only gonna see P3M#3 in 2016 if they do it the same way lol.

Opposite for me, love the P4 crew and want more from them lol. Atlus isn't milking them enough.
P3G on Vita would be amazing though.
I have nothing against the Persona 4 gang at all, I loved the game. I am just too tired of all the P4 stuff they keep putting out, it's insane how much more content it has gotten since its original release. It's great that they keep doing it, but I can't help but feel like when it's too much, it's too much. I bet I'd feel the same way about P3 if they were to keep pumping stuff out for it.

Hikami

Do you think P4D is the last we'll see of them? Can't really think of what else they'd do with P4 next.
Unless they also make movies/anime for the spin offs..

Do you think P4D is the last we'll see of them? Can't really think of what else they'd do with P4 next.
Unless they also make movies/anime for the spin offs..
They are gonna make a PQ2, after EOV is out. Game did too well for them to pass on doing that. The dancing game is definitely a one time thing, I don't see that getting a sequel unless it sells like crazy and it scores abnormally high. Still don't think there will be another one. The Arena games? Hmmm maybe on next gen, with the new Guilty Gear engine? These are my thoughts on the matter, whether they are right or not, I have no clue lol.

Top Bottom