• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

bobohoro

TOTP: BUY AXIOM VERGE NEXT WEEK. Change your avy to a picture of yourself for Fridays for the whole day. #turntUpFridays shall be a thing from now on, everyone join me for the party.

I would, if the last picture of me wasn't from Movember last year.

I lied. I wouldn't. I'm shy.

Oh yeah, the Hotline Miami OST is pretty great, even though I never really liked the game that much from a gameplay perspective. Which is why I haven't looked into HM2 at all, but if the OST keeps up, I might give it a listen.

And everyone should release their OSTs on bandcamp in full .flac format with some nice artwork and stuff. I would buy so much of that, but it's incredibly rare. :/

Oh and Toukiden Kiwami is installed and ready to go. Perfect timing, as I reached HR100 in MH4U yesterday and will take a break until the next batch of DLC hits there.

And if nothing interesting shows up in Plus next week, I#ll get Ayesha+ as well. Gaming bliss.

SerTapTap

But I'm already using a real picture of me

And everyone should release their OSTs on bandcamp in full .flac format with some nice artwork and stuff. I would buy so much of that, but it's incredibly rare. :/

Yeah, OSTs for games are way too rare. Yeah licensing sucks sometimes, but like 100% of the time they should be on bandcamp when they're indie games that exclusively own the music.

I've learned to embrace remote play you know, specially now with the 60fps mode. I own both systems, if I am able to play gorgeous games on my handheld that otherwise wouldn't be on the Vita, why not? Thing is stable as fuck, doesn't need internet connection if you are in the same room as the console, and it even allows for button mapping now. Heck, this being an RPG you won't even have to worry about lag, not that there is much anyway... been playing Bloodborne just fine on it :)

Wait what?

SerTapTap

Chaos;Child is coming to PS4, PS3 and PSV. Guess that exclusive deal with xbone ended quickly. Most likely since it didn't even chart in the Top 50 on release.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/chaoschild-coming-to-ps4-ps3-and-ps-vita

Good news. Hope other 5PB/Mages stuff comes over! I couldn't believe 5PB was keeping up their Xbox deal at the start of the gen.

How have I not known this? Time to try this later.

It's pretty great, basically what the Wii U does, except with 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz. Depending on your router's wifi it might be better to go that route, but direct connection is pretty effective if you're close to the PS4.

You can use direct connection from your Vita to your PS4. No need for internet connection.
How have I not known this? Time to try this later.
Also works much, much better than through WiFi, just make sure u don't have any devices that might interfere with the wifi connection from the PS4, like a tablet or a computer or whatever. You will literally have no lag and no interruptions. Bloodborne plays fantastically on it, and you know how precise you must be on that game. I wouldn't risk losing my Blood Echoes if it was slow and clunky.
Can't you just use the PS4 built in wifi if your PS4 is wired for remote?
If you are in the same room as the ps4, there is no need at all for a connection, wired or not. Go unplug yours and give it a run. Idk how they did it but it works amazingly well even at 60fps, I feel like they did some code magic.

SerTapTap

How well does Direct Connection work for 60 FPS? My router has better range than the PS4 but maybe I'll try direct if it does 60 FPS better

How well does Direct Connection work for 60 FPS? My router has better range than the PS4 but maybe I'll try direct if it does 60 FPS better
Like I said on my previous post, it's buttery smooth if you are in the same room as the console. I just lay in bed and play, no lag, no stutter. Diablo 3 was great before bed, but now it is fantastic.

RK128

Probably no one cares but it is my 30th birthday today. I have no money, I have no job for now( I'm currently looking) but my vita keeps me positive . I have so many games to play and yet so many will come. Im positive my resume will get me a nice job. But I realize if my attitude is negative things will come out negatively. Im enjoying hotline Miami 2 and lamulana way too much which is for me at the moment the goty for vita) so just a message for my favorite vita and not vitacats. Keep it up and positive. It will bring better things than whining about everything the only problem you cannot solve is death.

I know this may be late but happy birthday man :D! A birthday can be a great time to reflect and relax about life, so it is a fantastic time to enjoy what you have :).

Heard great things about both of the games you have, so I'm glad you are having so much fun with them :D.

I hope you had a great birthday :D!

RK128

VitaGAF, should I get a PS4?

It really depends on what you want out of the system.

If you want great first party games, well, their are a few of them :D. LBP3 looks to be the best in the series (after or close to the Vita LBP), Order looks like a fun rental to blow through in a day, Bloodborn looks to be the very first must-own game for the console, the two Infamous games (based on how fantastic Infamous 2/Festival of Blood was) are amazing and the Sony-backed Indie stuff has been very strong so far. The only issue is that Sony made-games are very infrequent and even then, we have no idea what's coming this E3. It is good so far though :).

Regarding Indie games, this is where the PS4 shines a lot. Yah, the Vita has a large number of them but a good handful of them like Transester are only for PS4, so it is a great place to play some fun, original games :).

For third parties....I don't think I can best answer this for you :l. Stuff that would have excited me in the past (Shadows of Mordor, the Far Cry games, AC, ect) just doesn't interest me anymore...so I can't easily recommend them if I myself are so 'meh' about those games as a whole :l. I can say that if you don't own a high-tech PC, the PS4 is the best place to play 3rd party games and in the future, the ones that are really going to sell the system, for me at least (FFXV, KH3, Neptuina Victory 2, Ratchet Reduxe, Arkam Knight, ect) are coming later this year/early next year :D.

Plus, everyones statements on remote play has been really positive, so theres that too. Overall, if you have the money to get it now, a PS4 is a great next-gen system to own that easily complements a Vita/PS3/3DS owner or just if you want a great system to play games one :D.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why did these get so expensive?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WPG6DS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Even on Amazon JP the black one is 2900 yen.
I guess they stopped making them some time ago. Sucks there's no other large Vita game case unless you guys know of any others?

I have a blue and white version of these, and need a couple more.
Guess I'll get a the pink version as it's the only one that's still cheap.

RK128

Why did these get so expensive?.

I don't know sadly :(. When I go to my local GameStop, I still see Vita 1000 accessories laying around for okay prices (they even have some PSP case behind a Vita case XD!).

Like TapTap said, it is very likely production (at least in the West) stopped for Vita related products, so the prices are likely to go up due to that.

I'm sure if you go on a place like Amazon or E-Bay, you could find a strong deal for some Vita accessories if you look enough :).

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you Dallow Bg :(.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Places seem to have stopped making Vita accessories or just overcharge for them. Almost everything from screen protectors to card cases is overpriced now.

I don't know sadly :(. When I go to my local GameStop, I still see Vita 1000 accessories laying around for okay prices (they even have some PSP case behind a Vita case XD!).

Like TapTap said, it is very likely production (at least in the West) stopped for Vita related products, so the prices are likely to go up due to that.

I'm sure if you go on a place like Amazon or E-Bay, you could find a strong deal for some Vita accessories if you look enough :).

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you Dallow Bg :(.

No problem guys, appreciate your thoughts. hehe
I'll do some more searching but will probably bite the bullet on them.

SerTapTap

No problem guys, appreciate your thoughts. hehe
I'll do some more searching but will probably bite the bullet on them.

I ordered this one, it's alright. Cards have to be put in the right way or they're kinda loose, and I hate the latch design, but it works and was reasonably priced. Nothing else I saw seemed to have quality to justify the higher price. It's smaller than the one you listed though

autoduelist

On topic: let me ask you guys , what is the Japanese only game you want to be localized and what are the chances of the localization to happen?

Mine is the 7h dragon game. But I'm pretty sure will never be localized.

Stranger of Sword City.

There are probably plenty of others but I don't generally pay attention to non-localized games so I wouldn't know about them.

King of Wushu on ps4 looks really cool too.

Li Kao

Started Atelier Ronona +, my first foray into the series. Shit is like crack. There is the one more turn effect from the Civ games. C'mon, one more day, c'mon...

maouvin

On topic: let me ask you guys , what is the Japanese only game you want to be localized and what are the chances of the localization to happen?

I want them to localize all the games.

But I'll go with Digimon Cyber Sleuth. It's hard to be sure when we're talking about Bamco, but it's certainly not impossible.

Shizuka

I want so many games to get localized, I won't even name one. One noteworthy game would be Higurashi no Naku Koro ni for the PS3 and Vita.

SerTapTap

Thanks to all of you guys , feels good to be a vitagaffer . its a weird birthday because against all odds I'm having a blast today and your words of kindness just improve my experience. Thanks again! I'll continue playing.

Mine is the 7h dragon game. But I'm pretty sure will never be localized.

Everything forever. Cyber Sleuth is currently "the big one" I guess. Really hard to say on that one but it was successful I guess (almost sold out it's shipment very fast). I'm not super familiar with other Japanese only Vita games though. I hesitate to import, most of my imports are 360 since it's a lost cause for localizations at this point and I have a JP 360, so I've been collecting the JP only shmups. Vita and PS4 seem to have very high localization chances (outside of VNs) compared to prior gens, especially PS4.

SerTapTap

Somehow I've already run out of online storage space on PS4. How in the world are some save files taking up hundreds of mb's?

PS4's saves are nuts. The 11MB minimum is bonkers, means you get less than 100 games/saves PERIOD in online storage (I'm already close to that), and some games reserve huge blocks for user generated content, replays, ghosts. And there's no way to say "only upload this save file" that I saw, gotta disable the whole game. Driveclub, WWE 2K15 and LBP3 all have absurd secondary save file sizes for that sort of stuff.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Do you have LBP3?
I don't yet. I plan on getting it once it goes on sale on PSN. But yeah I'm sure it is huge since it is on the Vita game for some reason. Games like GTA V and Alien Isolation are taking up ridiculous space. And Apotheon's save file is somehow over 300mb which makes zero sense.

SerTapTap

Wait, what? So do we get 1 GB per system?

Yeah, they're not shared in any way. I'm basically full on PS4 but still have over half a gig on PS3 and probably more on Vita. It's kinda weird

I don't yet. I plan on getting it once it goes on sale on PSN. But yeah I'm sure it is huge since it is on the Vita game for some reason. Games like GTA V and Alien Isolation are taking up ridiculous space. And Apotheon's save file is somehow over 300mb which makes zero sense.

LBP is huge because it reserves space for user created levels (which is dumb, make it only if you create them!), no idea why apotheon would be that huge.

Exactly, that's teasing 101. XSEED does a cryptic teaser, but they always announce the game in a day or two.
They basically made it look like ZE3, which everyone has been hopeful for, for the past 3 years, and then do nothing with it. That just isn't how you treat your fans. Imagine if all this was just another goddamn fighting game. At this point things are bad for them, and if this doesn't turn out to be ZE3 they really will have shot themselves on the foot.

SerTapTap

A lot of people are pretty bad with teasers. If this isn't Zero Escape 3 I'm pretty sure aksys is officially the worst though

Shizuka

They basically made it look like ZE3, which everyone has been hopeful for, for the past 3 years, and then do nothing with it. That just isn't how you treat your fans. Imagine if all this was just another goddamn fighting game. At this point things are bad for them, and if this doesn't turn out to be ZE3 they really will have shot themselves on the foot.

I don't think it'll be another fighter, if only because Aksys always announced them without any teasers. It'll most likely be a visual novel, just not maybe the one people were hoping for.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I ordered this one, it's alright. Cards have to be put in the right way or they're kinda loose, and I hate the latch design, but it works and was reasonably priced. Nothing else I saw seemed to have quality to justify the higher price. It's smaller than the one you listed though

You know, I may try that.
Do you mind letting me know how thick it is closed?

Hey, Vita GAF,

I'm struggling to decide between two of the indie horror games: Home or Lone Survivor

Which of the two is more atmospheric, haunting, and has a better storyline? If there are any games like these I might have missed, please feel free to recommend it.

SerTapTap

Hey, Vita GAF,

I'm struggling to decide between two of the indie horror games: Home or Lone Survivor

Which of the two is more atmospheric, haunting, and has a better storyline? If there are any games like these I might have missed, please feel free to recommend it.

Lone Survivor no question. Home is interesting but is far more experimental and IMO pretty tame. It's closer to a choose your own adventure in game form, the story changes based on what you do/investigate. Lone Survivor is basically 2D Silent Hill with (minor) survival elements (food sleep) and a mental health "score" that determine what happens. It's really interesting and I platinumed it gladly. It does great stuff with pixel art, wouldn't have expected it to be as effective it is at horror. Wear headphones and play in the dark. I'd also recommend playing at least twice, or just try and get all the endings, there's some interesting stuff hidden in the "best" ones.

deadfolk

LBP Vita Marvel Edition €7.19...yay or nay?

Totp: there's nothing on Vita I could personally recommend that you don't have already, so I'm going to go with Bloodborne.

Top Bottom