• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

It is all your fault Keyser.

I made all this happen with my mind back in July!

Bsoq6Ot.png

I AM SORRY!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
psn is such a random mess these days, jesus christ.

the weekly deals they posted today still isn't up either

yatesl

Gutted that Steamworld Dig isn't cross save. I knew I should have started it in my Vita.

The trophies are separate too, despite showing PS4/PSV on the list.

Joni

Well, I could be playing the games right now if they updated whenever they could.

They just need to say x game releases at y time and I still don't have to be always checking and I can have the games as fast as I can.

I really don't like the current system.

If they update whenever they could, you would be checking full time. You now know when they update, first wednesday around 18h depending on your timezone. You want to go from a system like that to a system where the update could come at 10h or 20h.

kiguel182

If they update whenever they could, you would be checking full time. You now know when they update, first wednesday around 18h depending on your timezone. You want to go from a system like that to a system where the update could come at 10h or 20h.

The fact that they can update any time doesn't mean they can't warn when they'll update.

Steam releases games every day and people aren't lost. Why does it work for Valve and not for Sony?

People are still checking this thread right now waiting for Isaac so the system isn't that good anyway.

Joni

The fact that they can update any time doesn't mean they can't warn when they'll update.

Steam releases games every day and people aren't lost. Why does it work for Valve and not for Sony?

People are still checking this thread right now waiting for Isaac so the system isn't that good anyway.
Does Steam give you a list of games and a time when they'll release it? I don't see an exact hour in their list of when games will come. There is a title in the list of coming titles on Steam that says 5 November. It is been 5 November here for 18h30.

and yes, Steam releases games every day. Sony doesn't have that many games to release on the PlayStation Store. and then you should take into account Sony can actually update whenever they want, that is why you can get new games in the Store on Thursday and Friday whenever publishers don't want to release on Wednesday.

derExperte

Does Steam give you a list of games and a time when they'll release it? I don't see an exact hour in their list of when games will come. There is a title in the list of coming titles on Steam that says 5 November. It is been 5 November here for 18h30.

Usually games are released at 19:00 here. And most of them have a timer on the page that counts down. Like http://store.steampowered.com/app/294370/ "This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 0 hours". Rebirth even got a preload. Of course there are hiccups too but Sony's way of doing things feels pretty outdated.

Joni

Usually games are released at 19:00 here. And most of them have a timer on the page that counts down. Like http://store.steampowered.com/app/294370/ "This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 0 hours". Rebirth even got a preload. Of course there are hiccups too but Sony's way of doing things feels pretty outdated.
So they don't update either at whatever time the game is done uploading, thank you. I don't follow Steam.

derExperte

So they don't update either at whatever time the game is done uploading, thank you. I don't follow Steam.

It's less Steam updating and more the devs saying when they want to release. 19:00 (EU) is probably the default and when new deals go live, so many use that. But they can choose whatever they want, some games unlock at rather weird times so I guess there's also a 'go live asap' option.

delSai

Strange. Added it and did everything, was free. It's on my DL List now.
It shows the price but at the End it wont cost you anything.

Top Bottom