• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Luke_Wal

OlliOlli2 and Helldivers for Vita? :(
I hope we get something else (and not Toukiden).

WHOOOOOO DAWGIES MY BODY IS READY.

For real though, I almost feel bad in situations like this. I feel like I should be giving Roll7 my money, especially for how much I enjoyed the first game!

repeater

For real though, I almost feel bad in situations like this. I feel like I should be giving Roll7 my money, especially for how much I enjoyed the first game!
If there's DLC, you could always pick up some of that. I did that for Velocity 2X, even though I didn't really plan to play the DLC anytime soon, just to support the developer further.

octodad wont ever be on ps + :/
smh i want to play it so bad, plus its been out for almost a year , cmonnnnnn

we are getting closer and closer to E3, my prediction of killzone + knack for last year will be my prediction for this year haha, during the conference

NHale

Sniper Elite V2 seems to be a PS+ game this month.

EDIT: Wait. Was Sniper Elite V2 on GwG last month? Because Owen Good on twitter is saying he has all games on PS+ and GwG and mentioned Sniper Elite V2 has one example.

Quick

Banned
There's currently the Ubisoft sale going on, and I picked up Far Cry 3 for $9.99, but then I saw the Deluxe Edition on sale for the same price.

Has anyone ever had that similar situation and had Sony actually make an exchange?

Joni

Sniper Elite V2 seems to be a PS+ game this month.

EDIT: Wait. Was Sniper Elite V2 on GwG last month? Because Owen Good on twitter is saying he has all games on PS+ and GwG and mentioned Sniper Elite V2 has one example.

Yes, it was on GWG

Khayam

Banned
I'm guessing Tomb Raider DE and OlliOlli 2 for PS4. Knack will be next month's game.

Tomb Raider is unlikely. It's still on sale (and an aggressive one at that at 15€/$). They said they will avoid doing exactly that : heavy discount and right after offered on PS+. They did that before and we hate it.

I'm hoping for KZ, Sleeping Dogs, Metro Redux or Wolfenstein.

Tomb Raider is unlikely. It's still on sale (and an aggressive one at that at 15€/$). They said they will avoid doing exactly that : heavy discount and right after offered on PS+. They did that before and we hate it.

I really hope that your right

#NotmyLara

Quick

Banned
Sleeping Dogs on PS+ might actually motivate me to finish the damn game.

Just kidding, it'll probably just rot in my backlog.

xrnzaaas

Killzone and Wolfenstein are also on sale right now (also - I don't recall any Bethesda games in PS+). Sleeping Dogs was already in PS+. Same thing with Metro Last Light so it would be more likely for Metro 2033 Redux to make an appearance.

Just wanted to say this is the first time in maybe years I actually bought stuff with the playstation plus discount with all the Atelier games and Sword Art being on sale. Also with the Spend 100 get 15 promotion, Plus saved me a lot of money, pretty satisfied.

Quick

Banned
Just wanted to say this is the first time in maybe years I actually bought stuff with the playstation plus discount with all the Atelier games and Sword Art being on sale. Also with the Spend 100 get 15 promotion, Plus saved me a lot of money, pretty satisfied.

I haven't really purchased anything recently even with PS+ exclusive deals, but I always feel like I'm getting a good deal when I do.

Grady

Helldivers should be fun. Im expecting all indies this month again since almost all retail games have been all sale this month.

mhs004

My guess is that we are getting helldivers and some indie game. Could be wrong but that's just my feeling. Never tried ollie ollie before so I would be okay with 2 being the other game.

Cotrip

Yesterday a bunch of La Mulana EX avatars appeared on PS Store, maybe it's finally coming and to plus.

Believe! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

They are. They announced January 2015 in November.

They can't always be. At least not for sure. With new games being part of the service they have to make sure it's ready and available in all regions.

I'm pretty sure what he means is just making EXTRA sure that everything is ready to go since they don't want to withdraw an already announced lineup.

They knew that a lot of PS+ $30 memberships from 2013 were set to expire November 2014 so they let us know the big releases that were coming for December and January to keep those memberships hooked.

Now? There's 0 incentive to get out that information out ahead of time as it will hurt the sales of those PS+ games that aren't launching for free on day one for the platform. So they'll give us that info like 5 days before because that's what works for them.

Footos22

It does make me wonder if their own stuff like Knack and Killzone to a certain extent is kept as an emergency PS+ fillier.

Can't see either of them ever coming. Especially Killzone. Most ppl bought a PS4 with killzone. wouldnt wanna piss off early adopters. Japan is a different story.

El_Cinefilo

They knew that a lot of PS+ $30 memberships from 2013 were set to expire November 2014 so they let us know the big releases that were coming for December and January to keep those memberships hooked.

Now? There's 0 incentive to get out that information out ahead of time as it will hurt the sales of those PS+ games that aren't launching for free on day one for the platform. So they'll give us that info like 5 days before because that's what works for them.

I thought this was particularly underhanded of them. I'm happy with the indie titles we get but obviously a lot of people are vocal about wanting full retail titles on PS4. to announce a couple of months worth just before a lot of peoples subscriptions were due to expire and then immediately go back to download only titles seems more than a little deceptive.

NHale

Am I crazy, or does he say this pretty much every single month? It's weird to me that these deals aren't set like, weeks or months in advance.

They are only finalizing the video that usually they release when they announce this. Those deals were long signed as we found out when Sony Russia leaked 3 months of PS+ 5 months before the time.

I thought this was particularly underhanded of them. I'm happy with the indie titles we get but obviously a lot of people are vocal about wanting full retail titles on PS4. to announce a couple of months worth just before a lot of peoples subscriptions were due to expire and then immediately go back to download only titles seems more than a little deceptive.

Nothing against you in particular but I'm tired of this digital vs retail separation like it means something. Putty Squad is a full retail game, do people really prefer that game on PS+ just because it's a retail game compared to Transistor that is a digital only game?

VLiberty

No doubt that it's a bad thing, but when I think about what the "AAA crowd" usually says I can't say I feel bad for them.

It's still a bad thing and I'd like some retail games as well, but most of those people who want AAA are the people who say crazy things that make no damn sense about how indies are the ruin of the gaming world and shit like this.

Can't see either of them ever coming. Especially Killzone. Most ppl bought a PS4 with killzone. wouldnt wanna piss off early adopters. Japan is a different story.

The game is more than a year old. I guess early adopters would actually enjoy the bump in multiplayer population.

Still, I don't see them doing it before E3 in the least.

hydruxo

Eh, I bought Killzone at launch but it's been a year and a half so I could care less if they gave it for free. I can't imagine many early adopters would be too bothered by it since it's been a while.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, if OlliOlli 2 is one of the "free" games, it's gonna be an excellent month (even if all the other games are shovelware).

EddCoates

Neo Member

They are only finalizing the video that usually they release when they announce this. Those deals were long signed as we found out when Sony Russia leaked 3 months of PS+ 5 months before the time.

Nothing against you in particular but I'm tired of this digital vs retail separation like it means something. Putty Squad is a full retail game, do people really prefer that game on PS+ just because it's a retail game compared to Transistor that is a digital only game?

It's more about the kind of value we're getting tbh... We used to consistently get games that were worth over twenty pounds (retail or otherwise), while now we're getting cheaper alternatives. The games might still be better, but the cheaper the games are the more likely it is that I would have bought them anyway.

Even the retail games we do get now are usually worth about 5-10 pounds in a sale.

desu

It's more about the kind of value we're getting tbh... We used to consistently get games that were worth over twenty pounds (retail or otherwise), while now we're getting cheaper alternatives. The games might still be better, but the cheaper the games are the more likely it is that I would have bought them anyway.

Even the retail games we do get now are usually worth about 5-10 pounds in a sale.

I really wish Sony wouldn't have spoiled gamers in 2012-2014, some of the months were literally insane value wise. There is no way they would be able to keep up this kind of value over time (especially since I am sure that it's much harder to secure a deal than it was a few years ago, e.g. EA starting their own service etc.). So now we have the same discussion every month how it's not the same value, how it's not your favourite AAAAAAAAAAA title released just last month etc.

MarionCB

Hotline Miami 2 won't happen but it'd interesting seeing as it's banned in Australia. First time we'd get an alternative game here. :/

Top Bottom