• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Transistor, yes. Rogue Legacy, no.

Transistor is one of the most disappointing games in a long time for me. I loved Bastion and waited since release day of that (it was a bit on the short side) for their next game. I just can't see what people like about it.

Give me Killzone or Knack any day.

The art, the music, the style, the cyberpunk-tone. I love all that stuff, and I really enjoyed the depth to the combat and how it wasn't Bastion 2.

I knew right away its not for everyone, but to say "I just can't see what people like about it" seems odd. People like different things you know, I could say the same thing about Killzone or Knack.

Auctopus

I was just saying a fact around here, didnt said that i think like this or neither i dont like indies, hell, my ps4 is more indie games than aaa, i was stating that sometimes people complain a lot about graphics but in the same time want games like this, everyone can play what they want just found it funny to compare that.

In AAA releases, people usually expect reasonably good visuals on next-gen consoles. When a developer announces they are going cross-gen it limits the graphical level that the game can achieve, not to mention it's almost like saying the game they are creating could've been achieved on last gen.

Indie games aren't expected to have AAA visuals. To keep low cost, the majority of games have 2D 'retro' (yucky word) visuals. This also lets the developer focus on tight, rewarding gameplay - a trait that the highest acclaimed indie titles share.

Ikon

The art, the music, the style, the cyberpunk-tone. I love all that stuff, and I really enjoyed the depth to the combat and how it wasn't Bastion 2.

I knew right away its not for everyone, but to say "I just can't see what people like about it" seems odd. People like different things you know, I could say the same thing about Killzone or Knack.
I know people like different things and I haven't tried those two games so I'm unable to tell if I'd like them, just that I'd like to try them out. I can usually understand why one would like the games I don't though, in fact this is one of the first times where I'm completely stumped as I feel it didn't excel at all on the points you mentioned - even cyberpunk (which just happens to be my all time favorite theme). I will admit the skill customization system was really sweet once everything was unlocked - but it felt wasted on the boring nature of the fights the story threw at you.

Not that any of this matters of course. This is just one person's opinion - mine.

Klart

With all the shit that Knack and KZ:SF had to endure during launch & later, it's quite astounding to see how much in demand they are as Plus games...

Cess007

My subscription expires today and i've been waiting for the games of the next month to see i a renew or not. At least month were good games for me :/

sense

Gdc next week so maybe some big announcement next week instead. I guess Monday or the day of. Relax guys not like they are going to cancel the free games for next month

Jimrpg

You would be getting 3 retail games and/or 3 digital games.

So, what would be the big difference from what happens now, with usually 2 retail games per month?(December even had 3)

No there were a few months there where there was a single AAA game and five indie games. There were a lot of complaints during those months. I think they released a couple of AAA games on ps4 recently because they knew people were deciding whether to renew or not.

No, most people play games regardless of the label applied to them. Regardless of line-up there will always be a loud whiny minority ready to complain.

It's got nothing to do with the label. It's to do with value and games people are interested in general. Me personally I find a lot of the indie games very niche and I'll only like certain ones... Whereas AAA seems to have a wider appeal.

I am pretty sure Sony is just playing a game to see which division of the company will leak next montsh PS+ first.

Or maybe its something so bad they are waiting until the last possible moment to announce.

Gdc next week so maybe some big announcement next week instead. I guess Monday or the day of. Relax guys not like they are going to cancel the free games for next month

Yeah, every month we become more anxious to know the games, but I haven't even finished Rogue Legacy, even if I'm addicted to it.

Transistor is one hell of a game to give away.

I never played much Bastion (I want to go back and play it again) but Transistor is a really amazing game. Great visuals, music and a combat system I really enjoyed. I get that the plot isn't really the point but I still wish there had been more.

I almost feel guilty that I had not bought it and I got it for free.

It's got nothing to do with the label. It's to do with value and games people are interested in general. Me personally I find a lot of the indie games very niche and I'll only like certain ones... Whereas AAA seems to have a wider appeal.

I don't even think that's true. You think Demon Souls or Prototype 2 appeal to more people than Rogue Legacy or Hotline Miami? People just want AAA because they're perceived to have more value, even though their PS+ always pays for itself multiple times over.

Top Bottom