• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

This is like Red Ring of Death multiplied by 9/11 to the Trails of Tears power. Sony needs to get their priorities straight. I didn't betray Microsoft this generation for this!

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Playstation Plus should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding indie games from every crevice of their monthly games division. Now they go and throw immense delays like this one just to piss off the market. Why pay to force subscription from as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their February plus deals and Microsoft only responded with a sale on Lords of the Fallen. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow up this failure up with some more real megatons of their own.

Call of Duty remake collection. A true Crash sequel. New Final Fantasy beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You give Microsoft an opening, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

BouncyFrag

28xmwBO.png

Yikes!!

schaft0620

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about PS+ culture (I'm an expert), but Grace Chen Time and Late Blog Updates are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Games with Gold where you can become successful by giving away good games. If you update the PS Store on time, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the PS+ public, after having no updates, is not going to want to sub to PS+ for any Sony system, nor will they post on the Playstation blog. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel PS+ for March or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Also, the Age of Sony is over.

Oh, and Arrogant Sony is back.
amn36.gif

sn00zer

Playstation Plus should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding indie games from every crevice of their monthly games division. Now they go and throw immense delays like this one just to piss off the market. Why pay to force subscription from as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their February plus deals and Microsoft only responded with a sale on Lords of the Fallen. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow up this failure up with some more real megatons of their own.

Call of Duty remake collection. A true Crash sequel. New Final Fantasy beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You give Microsoft an opening, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

It concerns me that Im not sure whether or not this is a joke

Oneself

Not sure if serious.

FeiRR

Banned
What if Sony sees all the Knack comments and avatars.

They'll assume there's hype for Knack and put it on PS+

I don't want Knack :/

It's just Verendus' bad touch. You'll slowly forget, time heals [hug].

On a second thought, a hug was a bad choice.

Stanng243

So what games do we realistically expect to get?
I can see Dark Soul's 1 on the PS3. Toukiden on the Vita. These make sense to me as they have sequels/expansions coming this month.

LeonSPBR

Joke post???

halfbeast

Banned
So what games do we realistically expect to get?
I can see Dark Soul's 1 on the PS3. Toukiden on the Vita. These make sense to me as they have sequels/expansions coming this month.

I don't think dark souls 1 is on the psn store (only xbl has a digital version).

Justified

I think it is time to draw the digital line. March IGC will be out on time and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the games come out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel March IGC will have great games, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it will have the greatest games ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the games are released and everyonesees the list all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the games are “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by March IGC”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling March IGC in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Justified - “For”

joke post

awp69

People, the offices are already closed, so only tomorrow. Lets give this thread a rest for a while..

Their US offices, which I believe are in California? It's only just past noon there. If that's true, they certainly aren't closed.

I have bigger things to be concerned with than the PS+ games. But I have a feeling they are delaying them to push them back to next Tuesday (March 10th). So I would bet it will be Wednesday before they announce anything. Could be wrong but that's the feeling I'm getting.

BouncyFrag

This is like Red Ring of Death multiplied by 9/11 to the Trails of Tears power. Sony needs to get their priorities straight. I didn't betray Microsoft this generation for this!
Sony made me shiv Microsoft in the yard to switch sides and that blood is still on my hands. I'm in too deep to pull out now.

Ferr986

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about PS+ culture (I'm an expert), but Grace Chen Time and Late Blog Updates are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Games with Gold where you can become successful by giving away good games. If you update the PS Store on time, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the PS+ public, after having no updates, is not going to want to sub to PS+ for any Sony system, nor will they post on the Playstation blog. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel PS+ for March or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Also, the Age of Sony is over.

Oh, and Arrogant Sony is back.

I opened this thread looking for this. Thanks for delivering.

2thepoint

The ripple effect from this thread growing ever larger tomorrow will engulf the world.

Grace Chen is entering the bunker right now.

Fred Dutton is hiding underneath his desk deliriously screaming.

Sony is done.

tumblr_mpzs5vz6co1sp9fcho2_500.gif

I wouldn't mind if they incorporated some of their Now streaming titles into plus. Like maybe 5 games per month or something.

service is pretty decent but price is too steep at $20 a month

Top Bottom