• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BumRush

I know PS+ is a service we paid for and all, but isn't it common not to get your subscribed games until the 4th, anyway? I don't see how it's any different just because you don't know what the games are.

Well, at this point we aren't sure they are coming out tomorrow.

I don't NEED the games tomorrow or even care that much when they're released but I do think SONY should have at least tweeted a quick "Hey guys, working through some things, no news today" or something instead of just staying quiet.

Eusis

A picture of Kratos... Obviously one of the games is a God of War game!
I'm looking too deep into this aren't I?
I think they just wanted a picture related to Sony stuff that encapsulated what everyone felt.

Though going by some of those responses it seems some people want to go even further with the Kratos comparison.

Carl

I don't NEED the games tomorrow or even care that much when they're released but I do think SONY should have at least tweeted a quick "Hey guys, working through some things, no news today" or something instead of just staying quiet.

Mm that's my opinion too. If there are problems, fair enough. Shit happens, things can go wrong. But it would be nice to be kept in the know instead of just nothing.

Ants

I mean, if they come out late, sure, I get being upset, then. Because PS+ is a subscription, and thus, late games lower the value of the subscription by giving you less total potential playtime. You've had your purchase devalued. Totally reasonable as a subscriber to have some level of outrage over that.

I just don't see the harm to the consumer in not knowing what games are coming out. If anything, the only harm is to Sony, who don't have the pre-release hype potentially getting people to purchase PS+ subscriptions in anticipation.

Even if they are late, I fully expect Sony to dole out free days of PS+ to active subscribers in proportion to the delay. Hell, they might do it even if they DO come out on time, they're pretty loose with those free days.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The response has been nasty, but, this is expected considering Sony's silence. All it would have taken was a tweet.

pretty sad that disgusting behavior is the "expected response" from gamers, b

stop taking video games so seriously lol

oti

Banned
First Shu posts him.
Then Russian PlayStation Twitter posts him twice.

There sure is a lot of Kratos action going on.

hawk2025

Seeing a bunch of Kratos could lead to three types of speculation:

- It's just a Playstation mascot, means nothing
- God of War Ascension is coming to the PS3 PS+ collection
- God of War Ascension Remastered is coming to the PS4 PS+ collection

Of fucking course people gravitate towards the third, disappointment follows :p

But man, I must be catching the crazy. I would LOVE for all of those trophy list leaks to be real and for Ascension remastered to actually be a surprise PS+ game. One of the few people that actually really liked the game over here!

Sorry I'm late to this thread. Can someone please sum up the last 12,394 posts for me?

EDIT: Jeepers, gang. I had to edit my number by 7 posts due to how fast this thread is moving.

This is us (ignore the word)

giphy.gif

The more I watch, the more people I realize have their pants down.

shmoglish

Seeing a bunch of Kratos could lead to three types of speculation:

- It's just a Playstation mascot, means nothing
- God of War Ascension is coming to the PS3 PS+ collection
- God of War Ascension Remastered is coming to the PS4 PS+ collection

Of fucking course people gravitate towards the third, disappointment follows :p

But man, I must be catching the crazy. I would LOVE for all of those trophy list leaks to be real and for Ascension remastered to actually be a surprise PS+ game. One of the few people that actually really liked the game over here!
We get an early Access edition of shovel knight
attackComboExample2-upload-to-wordpress.gif

MikeyB

Sorry I'm late to this thread. Can someone please sum up the last 12,394 posts for me?

EDIT: Jeepers, gang. I had to edit my number by 10 posts due to how fast this thread is moving.

Gamers want to know what games they will be playing even though most of us haven't played the ones we have. Access to good games is often more important than playing them after all, and PS Plus gives us access to so many games and whether it is good is a matter of subjective experience, so plenty of room for debate.

Even if there's no announcement, we'll still get games tomorrow/Wednesday so, you know, why is the announcement such a big deal? If you don't want to risk buying something that will be included, just buy nothing.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
I said earlier I thought the games might be delayed and was shot down.

Hope it's not the case, because they might delay April's with Wednesday being the 1st of the month (I think they did it last time Wednesday fell on the 1st).

Even if there's no announcement, we'll still get games tomorrow/Wednesday so, you know, why is the announcement such a big deal? If you don't want to risk buying something that will be included, just buy nothing.

First of all: Bro, do you even internet?

Second of all: I think some people think that the release is going to be delayed as well.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

If they're not ready to announce what we're getting 18 hours before they're due to go up, what makes you think we'll get them tomorrow?

It's not so much the lack of announcement as the way Sony handle it. If you can't do something on time, you apologise and maybe let people know why, or when they can expect the thing to be done.

Instead Sony just remain totally silent because they've already got our money so why should they give a fuck? It's just impolite, really.

I'm the dude with the orange pants in that GIF. Lost, behind everyone else, immersed in his own universe, but having a hell of a time.

This thread is magic.

--
Hey, Vertigo_X: Megarace and Stunts.
I'm in a racing mood.

Gray Matter

It's not so much the lack of announcement as the way Sony handle it. If you can't do something on time, you apologise and maybe let people know why, or when they can expect the thing to be done.

Instead Sony just remain totally silent because they've already got our money so why should they give a fuck? It's just impolite, really.

It's like driveclub all over again.

Zach

As a stickler for politeness, I agree, kind gentleprince.

First of all: Bro, do you even internet?

Second of all: I think some people think that the release is going to be delayed as well.

If they're not ready to announce what we're getting 18 hours before they're due to go up, what makes you think we'll get them tomorrow?

If they're delayed, then fair enough, that's a reason to be annoyed, but I think it's a little premature in this case. If there's nothing come Tuesday or Wednesday, that's when we get annoyed, until then have faith that Grace Chen will fix this.

Here's what's happening:

Sony has a huge bombshell to drop. So they delay the announcement on purpose to get EVERYONE talking and speculating. Every major gaming site is frantically hitting F5 waiting to get the scoop; Forums are chaotic with speculation. Then, when they finally reveal the title(s), the shockwave blows up the interwebs and PS+ is seen worldwide as the greatest paid service of all time.

Am I doing it right?

Top Bottom