• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

FDC1

I'm not saying the world will end if we don't get the games this week. Point out where I said that. All I said was that considering Sony are charging us to use PS+ they could at least have the decency to be punctual and deliver the products/service to us when they said they will. £40 is a lot of money to some people.

Once again,nowhere in the PS+ terms & conditions it is said games will be announced at a given date. It has never been part of the subscription you're paying for.

Carl

tumblr_njxt85QHAJ1t7lpiro1_400.gif

Once again,nowhere in the PS+ terms & conditions it is said games will be announced at a given date. It has never been part of the subscription you're paying for.

That's like saying it's not in the Netflix terms and conditions that they'll add movies every month, so if they go six months adding nothing, you have no right to be upset.

Symphonia

Banned
Yes, you're right. But the hyperbole of some of you claiming Sony should burn because "I'm paying for it" is ridiculous.

40 pounds being a lot has nothing to do with the fact that you're still getting a full year's worth of games AND online (however bullshit it is having to pay for it).

Shit happens, obviously something went wrong.
I also never said Sony should burn in hell. That's twice you've put words in my mouth, please stop.

FDC1

That's like saying it's not in the Netflix terms and conditions that they'll add movies every month, so if they go six months adding nothing, you have no right to be upset.

I'm talking about the announcement, not about the update. They're late about the announcement (for which they don't have any engagement to deliver). If they can't provide a March update, it's obviously another matter.

autoduelist

I'm not saying the world will end if we don't get the games this week. Point out where I said that. All I said was that considering Sony are charging us to use PS+ they could at least have the decency to be punctual and deliver the products/service to us when they said they will. £40 is a lot of money to some people.

While I think we'll be getting them, it would only be a week delay. 40 may be a lot to people, but we're only talking about, what, 75 cents/pence a week? And you'd still be getting them, just a week late. And it's not like you wouldn't be able to still play all the other ps+ games you have.

I mean, they get us our games month after month, year after year. One delay in announcing (I repeat, announcing) the games and people are getting their pitchforks out. It's ridiculous.

Justified

that's nice and also selfish. There are people here who only have the service for the games and don't even pay for the multiplayer part because they own systems where that is free.

so yeah, that's really nice. I just want what i pay for, like most people do. and sometimes it's nice to know what that is.

I pay for PS+ for the discounts so the Free (to access) games are a bonus.......

Whatever the case, its value all around so certain part are "free" for different people

Elandyll

Banned
Just sayin. Everyone calls them free games. Although not really free it's easier to say that then go into full on explanation mode. It's like amazon saying free 2 day shipping w/amazon prime. It's not free but that's how it's advertised so that's what people say.

The situation with PS+ is different though.

PS+ was created as a discount program (and online access for PS4). It is still that.

Now, as a bonus incentive, games (the IGC) have been added as part of the (paid) service and called "free" by Sony.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus/

I guess it also depends on why you subscribe primarily to PS+ for, and is a matter of appreciation.

So? The point still stands. The announcement has become part of the regular cycle. Being bothered when the cycle is broken is perfectly within the rights of those paying for the service.

The games actually releasing, which is an actual part of the service, is not contingent on them being announced a week in advance. This level of "outrage" seems disproportionate.

Top Bottom