• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Pezus

Reposting this from the other thread.

More proof that the 70 metacritic score minimum is real:
Oddworld: New and Tasty: 84
Valiant Hearts: 77

Papo and Yo: 70
Sherlock Holmes: 73
Oli Oli 2: N/A
Counter Spy 70 – FOR THE VITA. I think this is where people get confused. You might point at Counter Spy and say ‘That game has a 67 meta critic rating, so the 70 minimum is bunk.” But the PS4 version isn’t the version that was released. The Vita version is, it just happens to be crossbuy.

Knack: 54 - It is never happening.

The dream is dead :(

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Actually, I'm pretty okay with this.

Knew waiting on Valiant Hearts was gonna be plus eventually... holding off buying worked out!

Same with Abe's.

So 3 for me... VH, Abe's, OO2 and.. fuck it I'll try counterspy even though it looks lame.

I'm done
NWDXDGP.jpg

What is this all about?

MUnited83

For you.
Rumor says They had problems securing Dishonored, and so Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments was thrown in to replace it at last minute. Which could explain why only the PS3 version is on IGC
If thats true then thats great. I already played and finished Dishonored on PS3 and PC

jf DOOM

First month where nothing looks super good to me, but oh well. I've had over 2 years of at least 1 thing I really enjoyed, so no biggie. Gives me a chance to catch up with some stuff I haven't played yet.

Word of caution: Papo & Yo is no longer showing up as free for me on the NA store.

I almost spent $10 because it showed up as free but wasn't when I went to check out. Removed it from my cart and refreshed, and it now doesn't have the PS+ banner and isn't free.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
One of the best months so far. Really worth the madness of this thread.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Counter Spy 70 – FOR THE VITA. I think this is where people get confused. You might point at Counter Spy and say ‘That game has a 67 meta critic rating, so the 70 minimum is bunk.” But the PS4 version isn’t the version that was released. The Vita version is, it just happens to be crossbuy.

No it's not real, there's lots of lower than 70 metacritic games. Games that were added to PS+ months after their release too, so no "it's a new release so they don't know what it'll review!"

SURGEdude

Word of caution: Papo & Yo is no longer showing up as free for me on the NA store.

I almost spent $10 because it showed up as free but wasn't when I went to check out. Removed it from my cart and refreshed, and it now doesn't have the PS+ banner and isn't free.

Same problem here.

Qwark

No it's not real, there's lots of lower than 70 metacritic games. Games that were added to PS+ months after their release too, so no "it's a new release so they don't know what it'll review!"

Such as? The only two I know of are Secret Ponchos and Contrast.

Counterpoint: There are already games on PS+ with lower metacritic scores than 70 (and not just ones that hit PS+ on day 1) so you are still wrong.

Is it really so hard to provide examples to back up your counterpoint?

Roto13

Counterpoint: There are already games on PS+ with lower metacritic scores than 70 (and not just ones that hit PS+ on day 1) so you are still wrong.

I know you have some weird internal desire to believe in the 70 point minimum but it's not real. Let it go. The fact that we sometimes get PS+ games that aren't dogshit is not proof.

WoolyNinja

And in one month of PS+ its paid for itself. Got lucky as I waited on Oddworld and Valiant Hearts. But I was going to buy Olli Olli 2 today so very excited to get that for free. Anyone who missed out on the first one should at least try this one!

Roto13

Ps+ will never make me happy
It seems like "There are some good games this month but I bought them all on sale already" is something I say a lot.
If you're on mobile, click tools at the bottom of the page . If you're on a computer, click the number of posts in the main forum list (that 15,000 number).
BG992lu.png

Here it is:
6i05vik.png

It's... it's worth noting that most of my posts in this thread are from before this all went crazy.
I really didn't think I was that active in this thread.

Please for the love of god tell me that it's possible to play IGC games on one account that isn't subscribed to PS Plus, if there is another primary account on the PS4 that IS subscribed to PS Plus...

Did Papo & Yo get cut? It was free, but then reverted to being 9.99 before I could finish my "purchase". Surprised that hasn't been fixed yet.

Please for the love of god tell me that it's possible to play IGC games on one account that isn't subscribed to PS Plus, if there is another primary account on the PS4 that IS subscribed to PS Plus...

Totally possible.

Top Bottom