• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Moozo

I like platformers every now and then, but it seems EVERY PS Plus game is one. I thought we were getting somewhere when we had Infamous a couple of months ago

Megatron

Sony will try to make the games they put on the service quality and a good metacritic rating generally goes with that, but there's no strict rule.

Modnation Vita, Lego LOTR Vita, Lego Harry Potter 2 Vita, F1 Race Stars are a few that come to mind. There's probably a bunch more.

Thank you for the response. I am really interested in figuring this out.

I think mod nation was released in the us, but not the others? I could be wrong on that.

Perhaps 70 is the preferred floor and 60 is the true floor? Any games under that released?

Moozo;154455619]I like platformers every now and then, but it seems EVERY PS Plus game is one. I thought we were getting somewhere when we had Infamous a couple of months ago
Drive Coub plus edition. Believe.

Roto13

I love when people say this and then provide zero examples.

Very convincing argument.

Why? You ignore it every time because of your screwed up confirmation bias.

Amy was on PS+ in Europe (where the blog post with that stupid made-up policy originated). Natural Doctrine was on PS+ in Japan. ModNation Racers: Road Trip was on PS+ in North America (and I think also Europe and probably Japan).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I like platformers every now and then, but it seems EVERY PS Plus game is one. I thought we were getting somewhere when we had Infamous a couple of months ago
I suggest you go ahead and check how many of the 6 games this month are platformers. Your mind will be blown.

Can you guys log into the store via web browser? I keep getting "can't sign in" messages. And if I try the wrong password then I get a "wrong password" message so I know I got my password right.

Megatron

Why? You ignore it every time because of your screwed up confirmation bias.

Amy was on PS+ in Europe (where the blog post with that stupid made-up policy originated). Natural Doctrine was on PS+ in Japan. ModNation Racers: Road Trip was on PS+ in North America (and I think also Europe and probably Japan).

Er, see the above post. I dont ignore it. I am Genuinely curious. but nobody ever actually posts examples.

Megatron

Bullshit. There was a thread about it a month and you bit people's heads off and insulted them and ignored the examples.

That thread had no examples. My issue was that the guy made something up and posted it like it was true he had no examples, no links, nothing to back him up. I only remember one game getting mentioned when I read that thread - oh it was thief. I said the ps4 edition has a meta score below 70 but the ps3 version has no meta score so that is not technically a violation.

And its possible we have the number wrong but the policy is still true. Maybe the real number is 60. That's still way above Knack. I think its a really interesting thing to look at but some people get really mad about it when you bring it up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There is no number. There is no floor. They just generally put good stuff on the service. It's not about the metacritic. It's about a lineup being good. That just usually goes together with decent reviews.

Hasney

Color me surprised that people are actually pleased with this months games.

We've got a game in Olli Olli 2 which could easily be in my top 10 of the year. The original was that damn good and we get it for free on release day. Hell, then there's goddamn Oddworld just to cap it off.

Megauap

Has this been posted?
A member on another forum found out that the original url for the EU Blog which announced the games mentioned Dishonored on it:

h t t p ://blog.eu.playstation.c o m /2015/03/03/playstation-plus-march-oddworld-dishonored-olliolli-2/

This url still works but it redirects you to a different url.
May have been Dishonored the problem which delayed the Plus games announcement?

Heel

We've got a game in Olli Olli 2 which could easily be in my top 10 of the year. The original was that damn good and we get it for free on release day.

in3nfGQ2IbsiH.gif

Already played Valiant Hearts and out of the 3, Oddworld has been my favorite. Never played the originals. OlliOlli seems like it needs a lot of dedication.

MUnited83

For you.
Its hilarious that there are still people saying PS4 PS+ is all indies titles... You guys are aware the Valiant Hearts is a Ubisoft game, right?

awp69

Still has to make you wonder why they didn't announce the games earlier. Maybe we were supposed to be getting something different and Sony and the game's publisher couldn't settle on the terms (especially if there really was rumored changes to the TOS.

What could have that game (if any) have been? Guess we'll never know.

MUnited83

For you.
Still has to make you wonder why they didn't announce the games earlier. Maybe we were supposed to be getting something different and Sony and the game's publisher couldn't settle on the terms (especially if there really was rumored changes to the TOS.

What could have that game (if any) have been? Guess we'll never know.
We already know. It was Dishonored.

awp69

Its hilarious that there are still people saying PS4 PS+ is all indies titles... You guys are aware the Valiant Hearts is a Ubisoft game, right?

Technically Ubisoft is the publisher. I'm pretty sure the dev is a small indie but lucked out on having Ubisoft pick it up for publishing.

Still, I have no problems with any of the choices. I would much prefer good indie titles to a craptastic retail release.

ascii42

Technically Ubisoft is the publisher. I'm pretty sure the dev is a small indie but lucked out on having Ubisoft pick it up for publishing.

Still, I have no problems with any of the choices. I would much prefer good indie titles to a craptastic retail release.
Yeah Ubisoft Montpelier sure lucked out in having Ubisoft publish their game.

awp69

We already know. It was Dishonored.

Sorry. This thread has moved at lightning speed and must have missed it. Dishonored was an Xbox GwG title so kind of surprise they'd have issues getting it.

(and now to read some of those thread pages I must have missed...)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't remember people shitting on download only games when XBLA was the shit. What is it with the toxic attitude towards indies these days? I don't get it.

Eusis

I don't remember people shitting on download only games when XBLA was the shit. What is it with the toxic attitude towards indies these days? I don't get it.
For Plus I guess some people wanted it to be like it was when IGC was launched, even though the pickings are pretty slim on PS4 versus PS3. They'll probably more closely resemble that as the platform matures.

Beyond that? It's probably like how people weren't rallying against mobile games THAT strongly in the first few years and definitely not pre-iPhone (not to the same extent anyway, Japan always seemed to be flirting with releases on phones but were still putting out plenty of console/handheld games too) but that increased as it took off, and similarly they probably want more AAA games rather than indies being put out.

... Problem being that unlike major publishers going with freemium stuff on mobile, it's mainly that major publishers are doubling down on AAA titles and so you've got indies on the low end, major publishers on the high end, and both rarely going for the middle ground as much. Those that do, usually do so on PC (look at the Kickstarter RPGs.)

I have been wanting to play oddworld And valiant hearts! This is a great month since I have none of these! Nice holdover until type-0/FF XV demo and holiness Miami 2. Damn this month is a grest month... and oh yeah blooborne

Shaneus

Has this been posted?
A member on another forum found out that the original url for the EU Blog which announced the games mentioned Dishonored on it:

h t t p ://blog.eu.playstation.c o m /2015/03/03/playstation-plus-march-oddworld-dishonored-olliolli-2/

This url still works but it redirects you to a different url.
May have been Dishonored the problem which delayed the Plus games announcement?
Because they refused to spell Dishonoured properly?

No Sherlock for PS4 though. A little annoying when they make games like this and Thief only for PS3.
I don't know. I kinda like it since it gives value to the PS3 still assuming people don't have the games. It seems like aN incentive to keep the PS3 around.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Over 5000 posts since midnight (Eastern US) on Friday morning.

What's wrong with you people? Nearly 1/3 of the posts in this thread just about this one update (or lack thereof prior to today).

Enjoying the update! Can't wait.

Edit: Already owned Counterspy (good, if flawed game) and Papo y Yo (never finished) and Valiant Hearts (never got around to starting).

So a great month for me and all, really looking forward to valiant hearts and sherlock

but isn't it short a game? Maybe I'm crazy but I count 5 games, not 6

of the four ps4 games given (olli2, counterspy, valiant hearts, and oddworld) which one is the best???

I have such a busy schedule I really only have time to play 1 of these...last month i had already played and finished transistor so i focused on rogue legacy.

What say you folks?

Disappointing month for me again =(

Lets hope Sony will improve next month.

Edit

Last month was great. The previous two not so much. I don't want a good month every quarter.....

Top Bottom