• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Oneself

We agree for once. I hope it is Knack so everyone of you ungrateful cretins learn a valuable lesson. You are not ready for its levels of shittiness.

Knack is actually a much better game than what we had last month... And the Apotheon-level of crap before that.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Knack is actually a much better game than what we had last month... And the Apotheon-level of crap before that.

Did you play Never Alone? OIliOlli 2? Transistor? Oddworld? I don't even have the time to play all the good PS+ games...

I liked Knack. It's got problems, but there's actual challenge there. I appreciate that it at least made me stop and think about how to approach a room full of enemies where many other games with combat (AC, Batman), I just plow right on through without needing to use strategy.

I enjoyed the doc for Never Alone very much. I thought that the platforming certainly left something to be desired. The art design was lovely, though. For me, this game is great because it probably gets people to watch the doc that otherwise wouldn't do it, but for me, I'd rather have just had the full documentary show up on PBS.

I did not particularly enjoy Tower of Guns or Aaru's Awakening. It's okay, not every month will have something that really grabs me.

For this month, I'm hoping for a good platformer that I haven't played before. Rayman Legends and DKC: TF got me way into pure 2D platforming again for the first time in years, so I'm always ready for another platformer to sink my time into. All the better if it's a PS4/Vita cross-play title.

Oneself

Did you play Never Alone? OIliOlli 2? Transistor? Oddworld? I don't even have the time to play all the good PS+ games...

Yes, those are good games. I bought Transistor & Oddworld before they were given actually. Going through Never Alone now but I'm not really hooked so far.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Never Alone is ten times better than Knack, though! I know I'd never play it again, even if it ends up being free.

Tower of Guns doesn't interest me, but the guy who made it is nice.

I haven't played Knack, but Never Alone was just awful. Quite possibly the most boring game I've played this gen. But to the game's credit I could at least stomach it for about an hour. I can't even give that honor to the dreadful Tower of Guns, which I wouldn't want taking up HDD space, even if it were free (not Plus free), and that awakening game was pure crap. The moment you want me to move a 2D character with the left stick, but use the right stick to change direction between left and right, I'm out. Delete.

I never got around to charging the Vita up for the Monster game. First month I honestly just didn't care to be bothered downloading a free game since I got the service.

I haven't played Knack, but Never Alone was just awful. Quite possibly the most boring game I've played this gen. But to the game's credit I could at least stomach it for about an hour. I can't even give that honor to the dreadful Tower of Guns, which I wouldn't want taking up HDD space, even if it were free (not Plus free), and that awakening game was pure crap. The moment you want me to move a 2D character with the left stick, but use the right stick to change direction between left and right, I'm out. Delete.

I never got around to charging the Vita up for the Monster game. First month I honestly just didn't care to be bothered downloading a free game since I got the service.

I thought Never alone was interesting. I liked all the documentary type stuff in it. I would have never bought it though. I got all the trophies in less than 2 hours

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Now I'm reminded that everyone else hated Aaru's Awakening. I'm sad now. I don't get it. I'm clearly the only sane one around here.

Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.

Erasus

Now I'm reminded that everyone else hated Aaru's Awakening. I'm sad now. I don't get it. I'm clearly the only sane one around here.

Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.

I completed it a few days ago. Loved the art, music and the gameplay took a while to get used to but its a fun but very hard platformer. Fun teleport/sprint machanic

please stop hoping for Knack, Knack is garbage :(

Which will probably lead to it coming out eventually, then the same people demanding it reacting in a manner similar to this:

"omg Knack is such garbage, dunno why I'm still subscribed to this shitty service, not renewing etc etc"

PS+ discussion went through such a negative spiral, it's kinda depressing.

Heel

Which will probably lead to it coming out eventually, then the same people demanding it reacting in a manner similar to this:

"omg Knack is such garbage, dunno why I'm still subscribed to this shitty service, not renewing etc etc"

PS+ discussion went through such a negative spiral, it's kinda depressing.

$15 New Indie Game vs. $15 Bargain Bin AAA Game is what keeps this thread alive, man.

Embrace the chaos.

xrnzaaas

It's funny how the differences between AAA and indie games are becoming less and less obvious. Nowadays you can make a short AAA game that lacks content (ekhem, The Order) and an indie game that doesn't bore you even if you've spent 15 or 20 hours playing it (like Rogue Legacy).

As for Knack, I didn't play it myself, but after what I've read and seen about it I won't bother downloading it when (or rather if) it appears in PS+.

My son made me finish Never Alone. He watched the whole playthrough of that and enjoy it. Story and presentation keeps him interested on somę crazy level :) He's 4 btw...but yeah, game is too simple and frustrating to keep you interested - documentaries did that for me.

Top Bottom