• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Hey there. I'm about to buy a PS3 [I'm always a generation behind, except on portables] and I'm thinking about getting Playstation Plus, mainly because I'll not be able to buy many games a month. I've been reading about it and, as far as I understand, as long as I have a subscription, I'll have access to these:

- Dishonored
- Aaru's Awakening.

Plus, whatever comes out in coming months. Is that right?

Heel

Shovel Knight is definitely not a free May game right?

I want to buy it now!

People seem easily convinced that PlayStation will bait people into situations like this. Why is that? Is there some kind of precedent of a game being released one week, and PS+ the next? Games going on sale, only to be PS+ a couple weeks later?

It just seems like it would be a really bad trend to set, especially for game sell-through. It's bad enough with the "This new game seems like a good PS+ candidate at an unforeseen date likely a year or more from now, I'm just not going to buy it." sentiment that I've seen swirling around.

Hey there. I'm about to buy a PS3 [I'm always a generation behind, except on portables] and I'm thinking about getting Playstation Plus, mainly because I'll not be able to buy many games a month. I've been reading about it and, as far as I understand, as long as I have a subscription, I'll have access to these:

- Dishonored
- Aaru's Awakening.

If you get Plus this week and "purchase" them for free, yeah.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

- Dishonored
- Aaru's Awakening.

That is correct...as long as you grab those games before next Tuesday.

Also pro-tip: if you have a PS+ subscription, always "buy" all the PS+ games for the month, including PS4/Vita because if you ever get those systems down the line you will have access to those games.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

- Dishonored
- Aaru's Awakening.

That plus you can still confirm the free PS4 and Vita games even if you don't own those systmes so if you get them at some point you'll have access to any of tgose games you get from the sub immediately.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
People seem easily convinced that PlayStation will bait people into situations like this. Why is that? Is there some kind of precedent of a game being released one week, and PS+ the next? Games going on sale, only to be PS+ a couple weeks later?

It just seems like it would be a really bad trend to set, especially for game sell-through. It's bad enough with the "This new game seems like a good PS+ candidate at an unforeseen date likely a year or more from now, I'm just not going to buy it." sentiment that I've seen swirling around.
When Stealth Inc came out they did a deal buy the game at launch and get DLC for free! Then a matter of weeks later the game went free on Plus. I felt like such a mug. It's an extreme case and the only one that comes to mind though.

hawk2025

When Stealth Inc came out they did a deal buy the game at launch and get DLC for free! Then a matter of weeks later the game went free on Plus. I felt like such a mug. It's an extreme case and the only one that comes to mind though.

Even that was almost a year after it was released on PS3, though, not a few weeks:

Stealth Inc was released in July 2013, and was part of the April 2014 PS+ lineup.

Heel

That's shitty. I guess I could understand some apprehension if they set that trend, but it's seemed pretty fair to me in the less than a year I've been on PSN.

"Game goes on sale for extremely cheap" seems like it may be a bit of a red flag for incoming PS+ to people, at least that what seems to be going around.

Maybe if we get Knack and everyone finally realises what they've done, next month they'll all be begging for indie games.
Lmfao, i wish we got indie games in the same vein as final fantasy 6 on ps4 :( why does everything have to be a fucking sidescroller or twin stick shooter.. it cant be that hard with todays software to make a game of this scale with a small team can it? I understand back then it needed big teams, but todays software and hardware would it not be piss easy for talented indie dev?

Anyway, so on my android tablet and i live on twitter.
is there anyway i can get it to ping me everytime playstationeurope post a new tweet? Instead of having to manually check?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Lmfao, i wish we got indie games in the same vein as final fantasy 6 on ps4 :( why does everything have to be a fucking sidescroller or twin stick shooter..

Anyway, so on my android tablet and i live on twitter.
is there anyway i can get it to ping me everytime playstationeurope post a new tweet? Instead of having to manually check?
Not his shit again. Do I really need to vet the list out?

hawk2025

wait there are games on ps4 like this then? Well fuck me i did not know.
could you name a few please so i can go hunt them out?

Wait, you legitimately want devs to not only make games of the caliber of what is widely considered one of the very best RPGs ever made, but also release it on PS+?

Am I understanding you right?

Or do you mean RPGs in general?

Try:

- Transistor (was free on PS+)
- Citizens of Earth
- Child of Light
- Pier Solar HD

Wait, you legitimately want devs to not only make games of the caliber of what is widely considered one of the very best RPGs ever made, but also release it on PS+?

Am I understanding you right?
No not on ps+, i just ended up rambling on.
I was specifically responding to the everything is a side scroller or twin stick shooter part.
Ah sorry :(
no i know there not all that type of game, but it does feel that way at times.
just want more rpgs :(

Top Bottom