• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

hawk2025

Literally the only month I've been full in the hate train was this last one.

Tower of Guns, Aaru... ugh. Haven't tried Monster Bag yet.
Otherwise, PS+ has been incredible for me.

Tower of Guns is the Knack of indie games. We sbould make it a meme.
It's just so crap. The... idea itself is not inherently bad, I love the concept. But the gameplay is just so crap. And the levels, oh God, the levels. Crap.

schaft0620

please stop hoping for Knack, Knack is garbage :(

tumblr_mikrjoGwhO1s5i4foo7_500.gif

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The fact that Knack got anything less than 10/10 from every publication on Earth is just proof of a huge conspiracy against Sony funded by the M$ warchest™. It's the greatest game ever and will be remembered as the game that defined the 21st century.

Arttemis

Argumentative subjectivity: the thread.

I don't know how it happened, but I missed out on Binding of Isaac: Rebirth... I got all the other games in November, but missed that one. I'm crushed.

Literally the only month I've been full in the hate train was this last one.

Tower of Guns, Aaru... ugh. Haven't tried Monster Bag yet.
Otherwise, PS+ has been incredible for me.

It's just so crap. The... idea itself is not inherently bad, I love the concept. But the gameplay is just so crap. And the levels, oh God, the levels. Crap.

Monster bag is a interesting short little puzzler, with a fairly crazy background story, and somewhat unique art style. It's certainly worth a go.

Siegmeyer

Worse than Thomas Was Alone? And there's Luftrausers, Stealth Inc, and Lone Survivor.

Those were some of the biggest turds imo.

I really enjoyed TWA and Stealth Inc. Luftrausers and Lone Survivor weren't my cup of tea but they were far from bad games. I also enjoyed my time with The Cave. Woah Dave takes the prize for shittest Plus offering for me. Maybe it's great, but I didn't last longer than ten seconds. Tower of Guns is a close second, but at least I finished the first level with that one before happily shutting it off forever. If it weren't for Dishonored and KZ: Mercenary, last month would have been a joke.

That plus you can still confirm the free PS4 and Vita games even if you don't own those systmes so if you get them at some point you'll have access to any of tgose games you get from the sub immediately.

Yes, easiest to do this online, not on your PS3, put all the PS+ games in your shopping cart and check out. I've got easily one hundred games since 2013 this way and when I booted up my Vita last month I had over 60 games to pick from at no cost.

Also, budget $5 or so per month for PS+ discounts and make sure you pick off some of those super values...I'm very glad I did this.

It's also a great time to pick up disc based PS3 games...

TM94

Thomas Was Alone is a wonderful game, thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

Charming characters, lovely soundtrack and a friendly difficulty curve in its level design.

Arttemis

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I don't know how it happened, but I missed the FIVE BEST PS4 games given out on PS+. Strider, Mercenary Kings, Towerfall, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, and Binding of Isaac. I was incredibly busy between March and September, and I didn't have a PS4 at the time... so I guess I just let it slide.

The cost of just those games is $68. How are people complaining the game selection of PS+!?!? The only legitimate complaint I see is how the games aren't automatically applied to subscribers' accounts.

Edit - OR OUTLAST!? GAHHHH

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Chooses the best indie games and calls them shitty. Some good old fashion drive by posting.

Best according to whom? I tried all of them and felt they were boring or in the case of Luftrausers, horrible controlling garbage. Not a single one of those turds could hold a candle to Hotline Miami or Rogue Legacy.

Edit: Pix the Cat was another great indie.

Siegmeyer

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I don't know how it happened, but I missed the FIVE BEST PS4 games given out on PS+. Strider, Mercenary Kings, Towerfall, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, and Binding of Isaac. I was incredibly busy between March and September, and I didn't have a PS4 at the time... so I guess I just let it slide.

The cost of just those games is $68. How are people complaining the game selection of PS+!?!? The only legitimate complaint I see is how the games aren't automatically applied to subscribers' accounts.

Valiant Hearts and Resogun are way better than those 5. Especially Mercenary Kings, it looks out of place next to the other 4, which I agree were great. MK was mediocre at best, the jump delay really killed its playability for me.

balohna

Valiant Hearts and Resogun are way better than those 5. Especially Mercenary Kings, it looks out of place next to the other 4, which I agree were great. MK was mediocre at best, the jump delay really killed its playability for me.

I haven't played all those games, but I have gotten a lot more enjoyment out of Strider than I did out of Resogun.

I missed 1 month of PS4 games, it was Outlast and something else. Just forgot to buy them - likely did the PS3 and Vita purchases on the consoles themselves and didn't have a PS4 yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't put my finger on why Mercenary Kings sucks so fuckin' bad, except it simply isn't fun to play. Everything else about it sounded perfect, but it's dogshit.

Arttemis

I honestly couldn't get into either of those two. I'd rather read a history book than solve the pseudo puzzles of VH, and nothing about Resogun appeals to me.

I didn't realize MK controlled poorly, though. I don't feel quite so bad about it, I guess...

Strider and Pixeljunk Shooter are on sale right now, so I'm considering picking those up, and waiting for Towerfall and Binding of Isaac to go on sale.

Edit - Shit, I don't have Outlast, either.

dorikyasu

I'm actually looking forward to playing more indie games through PS+ each month. If it wasn't for PS+, I would have missed out the chances to play such enjoyable games like Rogue Legacy, Luftrausers, Thomas Was Alone, Steamworld Dig, etc.

balohna

I honestly couldn't get into either of those two. I'd rather read a history book than solve the pseudo puzzles of VH, and nothing about Resogun appeals to me.

I didn't realize MK controlled poorly, though. I don't feel quite so bad about it, I guess...

Strider and Pixeljunk Shooter are on sale right now, so I'm considering picking those up, and waiting for Towerfall and Binding of Isaac to go on sale.

Strider is fantastic, one of the better PS4 digital titles for sure. At the current price you can't go wrong.

dream

I still can't put my finger on why Mercenary Kings sucks so fuckin' bad, except it simply isn't fun to play. Everything else about it sounded perfect, but it's dogshit.

I'm with you, Sunny. It's Metal Slug with crafting! How do you fuck that up? That seems impossible to fuck up. Yet they somehow managed to pull it off.

You fishing for an avatar quote? Try again later dude.

No it's terrible. The gameplay is just annoying controlling those blocks and the narration is the worst shit ever. The music might be good, I don't remember. I don't really like when people say indie games are pretentious art wannabe crap but I'll make an exception for that game.

Siegmeyer

Edit - Shit, I don't have Outlast, either.

Velocity 2X and Rogue Legacy were awesome as well if you missed those.

VLiberty

Worse than Thomas Was Alone? And there's Luftrausers, Stealth Inc, and Lone Survivor.

Those were some of the biggest turds imo.

Thomas Was Alone was a 6/10 game(still far from being a turd) but Stealth Inc and Luftrausers? No way. Two great games.

Honestly if I had to choose the worst PS+ games(I've played for more than 10 minutes, of cours) I'd say Escape Plan, Titan Attacks, LEGO LOTR Vita and Limbo. The former and the latter because they look great but play meh. Titan Attacks is a bad rehash of a classic game, Lego Lotr is just a boring, bad game, unlike the home console Legos.

Arttemis

Velocity 2X and Rogue Legacy were awesome as well if you missed those.

Absolutely agree. Yeah, those games (and Outlast), which were from March through August are the ones I missed. All the others I went out of my way to get, and some of them are truly fantastic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully we don't get Super Time Force as Plus. I played it on the Bone and it was incredibly underwhelming :(

I definitely agree with the Thomas Was Alone being shit comment. Fuck that game.

I'm with you man, that game sucked ass. It tried to coast along on its whole "Look, even though they're only coloured blocks, you're still emotionally attached to them through the power of narration!" storytelling gimmick. But was it actually any fun to play? Was it balls.

Top Bottom