• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Konami needs to gain some good will right now so there's a pretty good chance they'll throw something big. Not MGSR because it already came to Europe. Thus MGS4 is definitely going to be one of the games.

lol
lol indeed, it doesn't even have a digital version.

I find it funny that people have a preference to how many dimensions their games are displayed in.

Why would that be? 2D games generally have very different gameplay than 3D games. I also generally enjoy AAA, high production value games more. They just suit my tastes much better, though that opinion often isn't popular around these parts (but is popular amongst the masses).

Zomba13

Ok, but why do you attribute that to needing a high upload bandwidth from your experience? Latency is not affected by bandwidth as long as you are above threshold, which is fairly low. Especially for the game being discussed (Towerfall). It's latency that affects input lag, not bandwidth. I don't know about your specific network setup but you need to improve latency to improve lag.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't shareplay like remote play? Where it streams a video of what the PS4 is showing? So while low latency is needed to get rid of input lag a high upload is needed to stream the video and audio. It's like I can't do any streaming because my upload sucks. If your upload speed is bad then it'll be slow and janky due to the stream quality being low and not being able to update the receivers stream well enough.

Hmn...I would say probably we get "Brawl". Game launched 24th of April but looks like it doesen't exist at all...But if we get that then this quarell about "worst game in PS+ history" finally will come to an end.

Griss

This thread really really is the worst.

A person comes here to see if there are any news about PS+ and it's greeted with people saying Thomas Was Alone was crap and asking for Knack instead of "indies". Every month the same story.

Opinions, how do they work? I thought Thomas was Alone was absolute crap, and I really wouldn't mind getting my hands on Knack either. Not surprised that there are others that feel the same, and not surprised that our opinions stay the same month after month.

TowerFall is one of (if not the) best multiplayer games I have ever played. You are not supposed to play it solo.

Safely avoid the 2014 GOTY Binding of Isaac. The fuck did I just read?

Also Towerfall is godly in multiplayer. Outlast was also all kinds of awesome. It just went on longer than it should have.

Shareplay exists man. Take advantage of it. The MP is fantastic.

Yeah, I realise that Towerfall is great in MP, that's why I mentioned that it's much-loved, but I have no friends to play with at the moment. Sucks but it is what it is.

I fully respect your opinion, but "safely avoid" implies that these games are somehow an acquired taste that he's likely not to enjoy.

Binding of Isaac and Towerfall are widely considered to be all-time greats and excellent games, and everyone should give them a shot.

Sure, give Binding of Isaac a shot if you want to, but it's a marmite game. The people who don't like it really, really hate it. Those who love it get addicted to it and adore it. But there are plenty of critics of the game too. I genuinely don't think it does a single thing well.

Roto13

Best PS4 Plus Games:
Resogun
Velocity 2X
The Swapper
Sportsfriends
Stick It to the Man!
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Fez

Worst PS4 Plus Games:
Mercenary Kings
PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
Road Not Taken
Titan Attacks
Secret Ponchos
Apotheon
Aaru's Awakening
Tower of Guns

PixelJunk Shooter is one of the best games on any platform.

Zero315

Banned
Are you me? I feel the same. I didn't think PJS was terrible, but it was too long for me.

That's because PJS was originally two separate games on PS3. I loved the PS3 versions but I couldn't play the PS4 version because I hated the art style change.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Best PS4 Plus Games:
Resogun
Velocity 2X
The Swapper
Sportsfriends
Stick It to the Man!
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Fez

Worst PS4 Plus Games:
Mercenary Kings
PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
Road Not Taken
Titan Attacks
Secret Ponchos
Apotheon
Aaru's Awakening
Tower of Guns

Oh hell no @ PJS. Great game.

Are you me? I feel the same. I didn't think PJS was terrible, but it was too long for me.

Well, it is two games in one. You don't have to play it all in one go.

Boss★Moogle;162011620 said:
Apparently Japan is getting Atelier Ayesha Plus on Vita in May. Any chance US and EU get this too? I have zero hope but maybe somebody in this thread wants to give me some.

It's Totori that Japan is getting, not Ayesha. I doubt we will get it, last month they got Toukiden and we didn't get that either.

Griss

It's Totori that Japan is getting, not Ayesha. I doubt we will get it, last month they got Toukiden and we didn't get that either.

Oh man, I'd love that. I've always wanted to try an Atelier game, but worried that they would be too niche or saccharine for me - I tend to strongly dislike most JRPGs.

I wonder if it would make sense to buy a Playstation TV just to play the PS+ Vita games. 60 euros for the system doesn't sound like much, but large memory cards seem to be insanely expensive... Buying a Vita would be even more expensive of course.

Klart

I wonder if it would make sense to buy a Playstation TV just to play the PS+ Vita games. 60 euros for the system doesn't sound like much, but large memory cards seem to be insanely expensive... Buying a Vita would be even more expensive of course.

Depends on how long you've had Plus. There have been a few fantastic titles (playable on Vita TV) that are surely worth it: Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, Killzone Mercenary,...

cyba89

Here we go :D

Bring out those memes , gifs and stuff

Today is the day right?

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

Depends on how long you've had Plus. There have been a few fantastic titles (playable on Vita TV) that are surely worth it: Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, Killzone Mercenary,...

Hmm... only from september '14, doesn't seem like it's worth it really. Maybe if the memory cards were cheaper. It doesn't really seem like you can fit anything in the 1 gig internal memory, and a 8 gig memory card is maybe not that much better.

Footos22

Does anybody know what the next set of games is for the UK?

People still ask this? You always find out the week before the content lands on the first Tues/Wed of the month and its usually mid afternoon before that happens. On a Wed/Thursday

It doesnt matter if its UK or US we all get the same.

People still ask this? You always find out the week before the content lands on the first Tues/Wed of the month and its usually mid afternoon before that happens. On a Wed/Thursday

It doesnt matter if its UK or US we all get the same.

Funnily enough not everybody knows the PS+ announcement scheduled, or has the time to read ever post in a 335 page thread.
However that little bit of info would be a good idea to add to the OP.

Funnily enough not everybody knows the PS+ announcement scheduled, or has the time to read ever post in a 335 page thread.
However that little bit of info would be a good idea to add to the OP.

The PS+ announcement was never scheduled. It's on Grace Chen time. There will be a new active thread on GAF once the announcement is up like every month.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok I take back what I said about Tower of Guns. You've just reminded me what the truly worst Plus game ever is. Dragons Crown. Dragons Crown was so bad that it made me feel sick before the game even started. Jesus christ those character designs. Awful. Gameplay needed to be th greatest of all time to recover from that. But even the gamplay was garbage. A true shit sandwich.

Ok I take back what I said about Tower of Guns. You've just reminded me what the truly worst Plus game ever is. Dragons Crown. Dragons Crown was so bad that it made me feel sick before the game even started. Jesus christ those character designs. Awful. Gameplay needed to be th greatest of all time to recover from that. But even the gamplay was garbage. A true shit sandwich.
This might be the most incorrect shit I've read in a while. I guess opinions can be wrong. I learned something new today.

Wouldn't it be great if we talked about the games we actually liked in here instead of just shitting on everything? I'm not a huge fan of DC but come one.

Omerta

You're going to get slammed for that but I back you 100%... The game received so much hype pre release that I was pretty keen to try it out.

Personally, I hated it. Everything about it.

It's cool that many liked it (more power to you) but that game was not for me.

Top Bottom