• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Knack Knack who is there?

lKFbkix.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Worst character designs? How can you get worse than simple shapes for characters?

And now you're dissing Rogue Legacy? Aw man, you're going too far now. :)
Simple shapes are inoffensive. Character designs in Dragons Crown were just disgusting for me to look at.

I don't think Rogue Legacy is bad. Just disappointing and I wish it was less about the grind and more pure skill based like Spelunky for example.

Three

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't shareplay like remote play? Where it streams a video of what the PS4 is showing? So while low latency is needed to get rid of input lag a high upload is needed to stream the video and audio. It's like I can't do any streaming because my upload sucks. If your upload speed is bad then it'll be slow and janky due to the stream quality being low and not being able to update the receivers stream well enough.
You are correct, it's like remote play but a different user. However, the requirement for shareplay in general is low, only 2 Mbps. A game like towerfall especially is an 8bit style game (low res) with a static background so the encoded stream would require the bare minimum if that. Even if your upload is lower you can still shareplay from other people since that depends on download and sending inputs is not dependent on your upload speed (very small data) but on your latency (mainly how close you are to the other person).

Louis010

Banned
Will everyone finally be happy if we ever get knack?. I don't know why but Im really curious about it now and want to play it even though it's supposed to be terrible.

Takiyah

There has been so much Knack hilarity that I'd be happy with it, still haven't played it :| I mean, I wanna make fun of it too you know...

Massa

Will everyone finally be happy if we ever get knack?. I don't know why but Im really curious about it now and want to play it even though it's supposed to be terrible.

Nope, the internet will never be happy.

And Knack is a pretty good game. Fun brawler.

I don't think Rogue Legacy is bad. Just disappointing and I wish it was less about the grind and more pure skill based like Spelunky for example.

I really liked Rogue Legacy, I think the comparisons to Spelunky are unfair because Spelunky is literally perfect and so nothing is ever going to look good next to it.

I liked RL because of the grind. I liked feeling more and more powerful every time I played it and could get a little further each time, and I knew it was mainly because of the upgrades rather than my skill but it was still utterly compelling anyway. Going for the trophy for completing the game in under 15 ancestors basically changes the game entirely, upgrades are super-important but you need to be so focussed both on your upgrade choices and the way you play the game. It makes it a lot more "skill based" and was a really fun way to play.

There are too many stupid quirks for the game to be truly great, but it's definitely fun.

Knack isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it our to be.

It'll get a really bad reception when it's given away for free.

I come into the Ps plus thread once a month at the very end of the month and the conversation is always the same. Knack knack knack knack knack. Sometimes I wonder why the title of the thread hasn't been changed yet.

PS Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these Knacks?

You shat on greats like Thomas Was Alone and Stealth Inc. I shat on a game with quite possibly the worst character designs in any game ever and a game with crappy gameplay masked by RPG shit. Not the same, dude.

Also Rogue Legacy was decent but disappointing. It's a roguelike for people who don't like roguelikes and there's far too much emphasis on the grind.

"You don't like what I like! Your opinion is wrong!"

Can we expect an announcement today? Or is that Thursday?

it was consistently the wednesday before release for a few months, but lately it's been very erratic. last month it was the a full week before release (tuesday the 31st), but the month before that we didn't even know until the day they dropped. so who knows

Footos22

Simple shapes are inoffensive. Character designs in Dragons Crown were just disgusting for me to look at.

Not about the grind at all.
Finish it in less then 15 deaths then tell me its not skill based.

They gave us a 99c phone game in january, nobody batted an eye. But going from this gem of a thread that's filled to brim with drivel every last week of the month, Knack will be literally the end of the world.

¯\_()_/¯

That was a crossbuy freebie though. They don't even advertise those in the PS4 store. You have to go out of your way to get it. I'd actually be curious to see the amount of people who grab the unadvertised ps+ games.

hbkdx12

Knack isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it our to be.

It'll get a really bad reception when it's given away for free.

I come into the Ps plus thread once a month at the very end of the month and the conversation is always the same. Knack knack knack knack knack. Sometimes I wonder why the title of the thread hasn't been changed yet.

PS Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these Knacks?

Unfortunately i've yet to see a PS+ thread without all the knack commentary

The annoying thing is that at this point i'm convinced that most of the people begging for it to be free are even genuinely interested in the game. They just want to dogpile onto the "hur hur this game is shit. glad i didnt' buy this lulz"

TM94

Rogue Legacy was great but dear lord the soundtrack is annoying.

Waited for the Spotify app to be installed on the PS4 before getting back to the grind.

Oh and the 'perks' like your character being color-blind lost its novelty after a few hours.

Top Bottom