• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

RK128

My bets on PS+ for July is the following:
-PS4: Shantae: Risky's Revenge (Cross-Buy with PS3 and Vita; those versions are reportedly coming, so I wouldn't be surprised if that cross-buy was saved for PS+), Rayman Legends
-PS3: Batman Arkham Origins (to push Arkham Knight), Indie game
-PS Vita: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate, Indie game

Toki767

We'd have better luck getting Guilty Gear Xrd than Shantae seeing as that just came out last week and would screw over anyone who bought it.

Roto13

I'm really hoping for Rocket League but I doubt it. Give me a good indie once in a while, Sony.
Skulls of the Shogun is probably fine but I don't want to play it.

RK128

We'd have better luck getting Guilty Gear Xrd than Shantae seeing as that just came out last week and would screw over anyone who bought it.

I only list Shantae due to that getting post-release cross-buy/cross-play support (hinted at the trophy list for the game, as it lists PS4/PS4/PS Vita, which means it might be cross-buy/cross-play if games like Shovel Knight mean anything).

Black Flag is really overrated. the main campaign is bad stealth missions and bad tailing missions over and over again. There was maybe 1 mission i actually enjoyed in the whole thing.

but the open world boating stuff was alright. Just that even ACIII had a better campaign. Feels like the people who liked ACIV skipped ACIII because they heard it wasn't good and didn't have the capacity to compare the two.

ACIII equally had the same tailing and stealth missions, only not as many. What it did have was a ton of tutorials in missions for things you'd probably never do again, (battle at the bridge, commanding the cannons, sailing, etc).

ACIII's big problem was the amount of exposition it had for new gameplay mechanics that you'd never really use to playthrough for the rest of the game. I felt as though I was doing tutorials until 5 hours into a 12 hour long game. Not to mention, the majority of the game people ended up running everywhere due to the cumbersome tree parkour and lack of tall buildings.

AC4 was smart about this and started strong from the beginning. People also enjoyed the fact that you didn't have to do the same AC gameplay for 40% of the game as there were ship battles and scavenging at lonely islands. It had a lot of tailing and forced stealth missions, but that's mostly because they were some of the missions that people didn't complain about in 3. Instead they complained about how boring 3 was in general.

Unity went back to the AC2 style game design, but them focusing on the core gameplay of AC reminded by how it has aged, badly. Sure the game looks a generation ahead, but plays like a last generational game. I have little hope in Syndicate too. It feels as though AC is becoming a discount bin franchise for me now which is unfortunate as they definitely stepped up on the presentation front of these games which was incredibly lacking in the past.

Best wishes.

Wasn't the whole reason that we got Arkham Asylum on PS3 last year because Sony was trying to line that up with the launch of AK but then AK got delayed?

I think they already blew their batman load.

Nobody gives a shit about the Vita game. It would be a reasonably cheap get.

Sure, but then they'll have given away 3 of the 5 Batman games for free through PS+. You're sending a pretty clear signal of "don't buy batman games" to your base if Blackman Badgate ends up going free too.

It's pretty much the reason i haven't bought an oddworld game on a sony platform, i've received almost the whole series for free.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sure, but then they'll have given away 3 of the 5 Batman games for free through PS+. You're sending a pretty clear signal of "don't buy batman games" to your base if Blackman Badgate ends up going free too.

It's pretty much the reason i haven't bought an oddworld game on a sony platform, i've received almost the whole series for free.
I see your point, but really I think that would be more valid if they were giving away Arkham Origins PS3 which is actually a major title. Blackgate is a very minor title and doesn't really send any message about the main franchise. Besides we're talking years later here. Asylum in particular was free on Plus, what, 7 years after release? I don't feel like this is hurting the franchise. Batman is big enough that most people that want the games will buy them and not want to wait multiple years on the assumption that maybe one day it might go free, and a minor title like Blackgate going free doesn't really make much of a difference.

Is this the month we get Super Meat Boy?
Would be an amazing surprise, but no. Not coming until towards the end of the year I believe.

Hasney

I haven't played the game yet so I'm not gonna outright say this is wrong, but I find it hard to believe it could top the month with the 2014 GOTY Binding of Isaac.

I think I've disagreed with you more than anyone in this thread, but I do love Isaac. I don't think it will be for everyone, but if you ever take a peek into the beta thread where we were playing it, we were talking about it being GOTY with only one arena and no customisations. It beat out Bloodborne for me already, it just now has to beat Phantom Pain and Fallout 4 for my personal GOTY.

mauaus

I agree Rocket League alone would make Plus worth it in 2015... Shaping up to be my personal GOTY. Played the beta for 4-5 hours straight, more than witcher or batman sessions (and i love both those games)

Celegus

I agree Rocket League alone would make Plus worth it in 2015... Shaping up to be my personal GOTY. Played the beta for 4-5 hours straight, more than witcher or batman sessions (and i love both those games)

Never heard of it before, and that looks... kind of insane. Would definitely give it a try though!

bjaelke

Also, big announcement this week so keep an eye out.

OFEUsxn.gif

WITHE1982

One of the few times I don't really want this to be a free game this month. The lads at Psyonix seem like a genuinely nice bunch of guys/gals and I'm more than happy to send some coin their way.

Saying that I'm very surprised how few people have even heard of the game. Even long time gamer friends just give me a quizzical look when I mention it to them. I suppose from a business point of view a nice golden handshake from Sony and a large install base would make a lot of sense though. I know there will be paid DLC/micro transaction stuff down the line (which I'm fine with in this instance as they're cosmetic only) so it will be good to have a larger market for it.

So in that case my vote is that yes it will be a free game on the 7th to coincide with the new EU PS+ policy... and boy am I excited for it!

Karu

I've heard the Rocket League name before, but haven't seen any footage whatsoever and my motivation to do so is rather low. Will definitely check it out if it's on Plus. And since they would probably be well compensated by Sony, my concious will be alright, I think. ;-)

Rocket League blows, I'd hate to see that in the Plus line-up. It's a stupid game that wears out in a few days. Let it remain a niche for those who want it, don't shove it down everyone's throats.

The only issue with a PS+ release of Rocket League would be that I don't see the servers handling it well. Wouldn't mind trying it out though

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The only issue with a PS+ release of Rocket League would be that I don't see the servers handling it well. Wouldn't mind trying it out though
Most PS Plus owners don't even bother to download the games though, and online games have been released on PS Plus before without this kind of issue.

kiguel182

I had never heard of Rocket League until now but damn, the game looks amazing. I want it. Even if I didn't understand if it has a single-player campaign or not.

Also, are the announcements today? I can never keep track of that.

Is that basically Super Sonic Acrobatic Battle Cars?
Meh. I hope there's something for me as well.

I actually managed to fight back my PS4 PS+ backlog so far.

Basically finished:
Resogun
Don't Starve
Outlast
Pix the Cat
Infamous First Light
Valiant Hearts
Never Alone
Ether One
Hohokum

On PS3 I only finished a small percentage of the PS+ games.

If this month is again lackluster for me, I still have to finish:
Trine 2
Escape Plan
maybe Injustice story mode
The Swapper
maybe Transistor
Oddworld
maybe Guacamelee

(from the ones I want to play / haven't already bought them)

GeeTeeCee

If it turns out Rocket League isn't one of this month's Plus games after all this rumouring I will cry. I've been trying to sell my friends on this game since I played the beta, and Plus would be a great way to get them involved.

If it isn't free then I'm still buying it anyway, of course.

N° 2048

Rocket League would put Arkham Knight, Wichter 3 and any other game on the back burner. Please don't go on PS+.

Kidding, give it to me now!

The beta was amazing.

Is Rocket League really that good? I've played games like it before and they've all been totally shit. You never have enough control to actually play the "sport" as intended. Like, as soon as the ball's in the wrong place it takes you ages to get into a position to retrieve it due to the nature of cars and by then it's too late because someone else has run off with it.

I find them very awkward to play and no fun at all.

Top Bottom