• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

AndyD

aka andydumi
You don't see this? It literally couldn't be any easier unless it showed you them immediately after opening the store app.

I know what he means. The cross buy versions are not always shown. They show up once purchased, but they are not as immediately visible as the games designated "PS4" or "PSN" in the free games area.

jwk94

You don't see this? It literally couldn't be any easier unless it showed you them immediately after opening the store app.

fJtQf3F.jpg
Right, that was a bad way to put forth my arguement. What I meant was that's not a solution. It's a way of side-stepping the problem without fixing it.

how is that not an option to everyone? who doesn't have a computer or smartphone or tablet?

You can't make up fictional people to try to present your argument in a reasonable way

I've passed on it a few times already expecting it to go free on +. That and Tearaway, i'll hold off until it's either stupid cheap on PSN or free through +

That's not what the PS4 menu looks like.

Right, that was a bad way to put forth my arguement. What I meant was that's not a solution. It's a way of side-stepping the problem without fixing it.

again, what's stopping you from using the webstore? The PS Store is serviceable on the PS4 and a nightmare on the PS3 but the webstore works on just about anything.

Not sure what your dog is in this fight but it's a funny bark.

I'm not sure I understand your argument then, you said that browsing the Store sucks on PS4 (and PS3, but no idea what that's like these days so only commenting on PS4) because you can't see a full list of all the monthly games, only PS4 only titles, but I see the entire list? So I'm not seeing the issue you're having.

jwk94

I'm not sure I understand your argument then, you said that browsing the Store sucks on PS4 (and PS3, but no idea what that's like these days so only commenting on PS4) because you can't see a full list of all the monthly games, only PS4 only titles, but I see the entire list? So I'm not seeing the issue you're having.

How are you seeing the full list? If I navigate to the PS+ section, then go to Free games, It shows me ads for the subscription models (even though it shouldn't but whatever), MGS, and Skulls of the Shogun. Clicking on the little video in the far right brings me to a list of the subs with MGS and Skulls sitting above the list.

How are you seeing the full list? If I navigate to the PS+ section, then go to Free games, It shows me ads for the subscription models (even though it shouldn't but whatever), MGS, and Skulls of the Shogun. Clicking on the little video in the far right brings me to a list of the subs with MGS and Skulls sitting above the list.
Exactly as I describe, in the PS Store something like the fifth menu item down the left is PlayStation Plus and then tap on that and boom, the full list.

I'm going to guess different regions display it differently? SCEE displays it as above.

Exactly as I describe, in the PS Store something like the fifth menu item down the left is PlayStation Plus and then tap on that and boom, the full list.

I'm going to guess different regions display it differently? SCEE displays it as above.

Yes. American PS Store only shows the two PS4 games surrounded by PS+ ads. It doesn't list cross buy titles.

jwk94

Yes. American PS Store only shows the two PS4 games surrounded by PS+ ads. It doesn't list cross buy titles.

Ah, so this is an SCEA problem.

UCBooties

Oh man, with all the talk about Driveclub and it being the end of the month I figured we had to be getting the July list announced soon. Then I looked at the calendar and saw that the 1st is on a Wednesday, so the list won't be out for another week...

Damnit.

MUnited83

For you.
Hoping that Black Flag coming to XB Gold means there's a AAA from Ubisoft coming to PS+ as well. (like the Child of Light/Valiant Hearts situation)

Hasney

Hoping that Black Flag coming to XB Gold means there's a AAA from Ubisoft coming to PS+ as well. (like the Child of Light/Valiant Hearts situation)

Ew, I hope not. On PS4, Black Flag and Rayman are the only good retail titles they've put out. And I own both of those!

Black Flag is really overrated. the main campaign is bad stealth missions and bad tailing missions over and over again. There was maybe 1 mission i actually enjoyed in the whole thing.

but the open world boating stuff was alright. Just that even ACIII had a better campaign. Feels like the people who liked ACIV skipped ACIII because they heard it wasn't good and didn't have the capacity to compare the two.

Hasney

No, I own both. AC3 is horrible and would have the distinction of having Ubisofts worst main character if they didn't bring out watchdogs. God he's such a whiney fucker.

Black Flag is stuffed to the gills with personality to the point where I actually did some of the Ubi open world stuff after finishing the game, which is unheard of. Although the only other one I finished was Brotherhood, all the other AC games have bored me to tears before I could finish. Fun story and man, I loved that naval combat.

Hasney

But Haytham was the only of the 3 Kenways worth a damn. The first 5 hours of ACIII is better than the rest of ACIII and ACIV combined

Then he should of murdered Connor while he was a child and saved us all some grief.

EDIT: Which would stop Desmond existing as well. I don't see any downsides here.

I actually liked Connor and thought Edward was the whiney motherfucker. Connor whined about ideals and his people being treated poorly. Edward whined about not having enough money and his girlfriend's parents not liking him. Fuck that guy. It seems people who play video games just want some shitty rogue character in every game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I gave the Driveclub demo a go. Well that certainly wasn't worth the wait lol. Hate it. It's far more sim racer than I expected it to be. Too hard for me to get in to. Not my kind of racer. Maybe it's good for what it is I dunno, but yeah it's not my thing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I can't remember. Is this the Vita thread now?
I vote for every thread to be the Vita thread. Best platform this generation by a mile. Best handheld ever by a mile. Most underappreciated system ever by a mile. Considering the amount of shit that little gem has gone through over the years, it deserves all the threads it can get. So yeah if you wanna talk about Vita here go right ahead.

Pachimari

I vote for every thread to be the Vita thread. Best platform this generation by a mile. Best handheld ever by a mile. Most underappreciated system ever by a mile. Considering the amount of shit that little gem has gone through over the years, it deserves all the threads it can get. So yeah if you wanna talk about Vita here go right ahead.
Well, I sold my Vita-1000 last year...

... But just bought a used one! Now I can play Persona 4: Golden. Never finished it anyway.

Omerta

Yeah, I need it to start ramping up ps4 wise soon too.

At this point, I'm only paying to preserve my backlog (which I will probably never finish!)

Hasney

Doomed to die a slow death in community, with cries of "Knack!" echoing through the pages.

It's a thread that's pretty much used for speculation as most of the discussion of the games go into the announcement thread anyway.

Only Rocket League could top Ground Zeroes, so this month has a lot to live up to.

Git

Neo Member
Rocket League in IGC could be a huge strike.
Think about it: Rocket League will be avaiable on 7 July (same day as IGC update) and it has no price tag at the moment...

Think about it: Rocket League will be avaiable on 7 July (same day as IGC update) and it has no price tag at the moment...

A possibility, but that has happened before. More likey we get more left field games like Skulls.

In any case, RL has a platinum trophy, and online coop, so it gets a thumbs up from me.

It thought they said 19.99 in their latest update.
Would be an awesome addition though, should keep online populated with not only the hardcore crowd.

Has this been posted anywhere?

https://youtu.be/j5PuTFKg-7c

Japanese PS+ video. Mentions Guilty Gear Xrd (for PS4?) and Batman for PS Vita.

Something at the end about UMDs and disc games....?

Lots of references to 5th anniversary. May or may not be Japan only. Could be stuff for day 1 members, could be for everyone. Not sure.

Edit- apologies in advance if old or false info. At work, shouldn't really be on here. Just throwing a bone.

Has this been posted anywhere?

https://youtu.be/j5PuTFKg-7c

Japanese PS+ video. Mentions Guilty Gear Xrd (for PS4?) and Batman for PS Vita.

Something at the end about UMDs and disc games....?

Lots of references to 5th anniversary. May or may not be Japan only. Could be stuff for day 1 members, could be for everyone. Not sure.

Edit- apologies in advance if old or false info. At work, shouldn't really be on here. Just throwing a bone.

Batman on Vita would be great, been wanting to try that for ages now.

How does that change things? They're not going to give away a new 50€ title.
With no inventory costs there's less of a financial risk. The money they would make from PS+ could outweigh their own sales projections.

I'm not saying it's definite or even likely, just that bring digital only increases the chances slightly.

Top Bottom