• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Really cool month for PS4 but pretty meh for Vita

maybe the Geometry Wars port is good at least
Meh? Fuck no. GW3 and Mousecraft make it great. Maybe Entwined is good too. We'll see. Only PS4 game I look forward to playing this month is Rocket League. Everything else I'll play on Vita and I don't expect much from Styx but you never know.

Hasney

It happened. Xbox Games with Gold has triumphed over Plus this month.

Why? Are they giving away MGS The Phantom Pain to counter the best month of PS+ yet?

EDIT: Just seen it's Ass Creed Black Flag. Fun game, not on par with Rocket League and it's so old it's been discounted several times to below indie prices anyway, so about the same value as one.

Meh? Fuck no. GW3 and Mousecraft make it great. Maybe Entwined is good too. We'll see. Only PS4 game I look forward to playing this month is Rocket League. Everything else I'll play on Vita and I don't expect much from Styx but you never know.

Mousecraft looks all kinds of meh and I can't get excited for twin-stick shooters anymore. I still think the month is great overall though, at least I own none of the games

GW3 would have been great on PS4 but I don't play games on that shitty Vita thing if I can help it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Mousecraft looks all kinds of meh and I can't get excited for twin-stick shooters anymore. I still think the month is great overall though, at least I own none of the games
I thought Mousecraft looked interesting and something I've wanted to play for a while but the price never reached what I was willing to pay for it. It could be meh. But I'm looking forward to playing it.

You really have to try Rocket League, before the beta I would have thought it was a 2 dollar mobile game and while I still don't like the artstyle and car designs, it does have amazing gameplay!

Oh now you're just trying to piss me off. Or it's a parody.

Heh, I'm exaggerating a little, perhaps. The Vita is okay, but I find it very uncomfortable to play games on it because it's awkward to hold and the buttons are fucking miniscule. It's a nice system but yeah, I don't really enjoy playing games on it and so while I'd have loved a PS4 version, I doubt I'll touch it on Vita.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Heh, I'm exaggerating a little, perhaps. The Vita is okay, but I find it very uncomfortable to play games on it because it's awkward to hold and the buttons are fucking miniscule. It's a nice system but yeah, I don't really enjoy playing games on it and so while I'd have loved a PS4 version, I doubt I'll touch it on Vita.
I find Vita to be the best and most comfortable handheld ever. I will choose to play a game on Vita over any otber platform whenever possible. GW3 could have been cross buy with PS4 and I wouldn't even bother to download the PS4 version. Case in point: every cross buy game ever.

And I'll stick up for my little champ of a handheld whenever possible too. You can never keep us down. Best handheld. Beat system this gen. *hugs Vita*

MUnited83

For you.
Styx, best stealth game in ages > Black Flag, which you can already buy a key for the Xbox One version for like 5$ and keep it forever anyways.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Styx, best stealth game in ages > Black Flag, which you can already buy a key for the Xbox One version for like 5$ and keep it forever anyways.
I will be honest. I would have swapped Styx for Black Flag. But I say that without having played or really knowing anything about Styx. It could surprise me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Because of a game everyone played nearly two years ago that's regularly incredibly cheap? lol

Even new games aren't good enough for you folks. WHERE MY AAA!!
In my case I haven't played Black Flag and do want it on Plus because I am curious about it but don't want to buy it even on the cheap because of how the series has burned me before. I want to believe Black Flag is as good as people say, but Assassins Creed.

Wiggy

NO KNACK?!?!
giphy.gif

But seriously, excited for Rocket League, saw it coming a mile off though. Weirdly some people got touchy/angry at the suggestion it might launch on Plus.

Alpende

Styx looks pretty cool judging by the trailer, I really dig stealth games too. Rocket League doesn't seem like my type of game.

TBH I would swap any of these games for Black Flag and I'm not even interested in that one. Burned out on AC but still want to check out the settings for free. Maybe we can get Unity this summer :p
Black Flag is a title I would have expected to show up on PS+ months ago.
You just can't deny that games with a big name, huge world/content and pretty graphics have more pull. Even if you think they are boring as fuck.

Still, I get to try a lot of new games, don't own any of them yet. Although on the other hand I also don't know much about most of them :p But I had my eyes on Entwined so there's that :)

A bigger title would have also matched their 5 year celebration thing. BTW did they announce what they will do? Last I've heard they only have a little surprise for the super small subset of people that have subscribed since day 1...

MUnited83

For you.
I will be honest. I would have swapped Styx for Black Flag. But I say that without having played or really knowing anything about Styx. It could surprise me.
It's really, really good. Bought it at full price(well, with preorder discount) on PC and it was worth every single cent.

In my case I haven't played Black Flag and do want it on Plus because I am curious about it but don't want to buy it even on the cheap because of how the series has burned me before. I want to believe Black Flag is as good as people say, but Assassins Creed.
Black Flag has many great things, mainly being the ship sailing, ship combat and exploration. It's really awesome in that regard.

However it's not free of Ubisoft's usual Assassin's Creed type bullshit. There's a very big ammount of crappy tailing missions, for example. They really hurt the game as they happen so often.

I'd really love if the rumours about a Pirates IP from Ubisoft was true. Get rid of the AC part and just bring what made Black Flag good.

Leon Raycloud

Neo Member
A lot of folks saying they want blackflag , man I'm more dissapointed we didn't got guilty gear Xrd !!!

Rocket league is great but i would swap styx or entwined for guilty gear!!

El_Cinefilo

A lot of folks saying they want blackflag , man I'm more dissapointed we didn't got guilty gear Xrd !!!

Rocket league is great but i would swap styx or entwined for guilty gear!!

Yeah I would love something like Guilty Gear over Black flag. Don't know why so many people want a 2 year old cross gen Assassin's creed game. I mean it's ok but if you want to play it you can probably pick it up for pennies these days.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
GAF a simple question. I read the OP but am still confused.

So, if I get a game for free on PS plus, I have the game for forever- as long as my subscription is active? Even if the game is no longer free after, lets say, 3 months? Once my subscription runs out, I no longer have the game for free?

GAF a simple question. I read the OP but am still confused.

So, if I get a game for free on PS plus, I have the game for forever- as long as my subscription is active? Even if the game is no longer free after, lets say, 3 months? Once my subscription runs out, I no longer have the game for free?

Yes (and these days, the games stop being "free" after 1 month). I believe you get all the games back if you resubscribe, as well.

Hasney

For those that missed it, the PS+ games went live at midnight in whatever region you're in for PAL areas. US is having to wait for the store update it seems.

Geometry Wars for Vita seems to be a really good port and the game has a platinum. I'll probably spend more time with it than I thought.

Anyone else having troubles with downloading Styx? I just downloaded Rocket League, but Styx download just keeps stopping and showing some error :/ (downloading from UK PS Store).

Sitrus

JP PS+ gets Nobunaga no Yabou(PS4), Street Fighter V closed beta entry, Sen no Kiseki (Vita and PS3), Ebikore+ Amagami (Vita), Disaster Report (PS2), Patapon 3(PSP), Trine 2 (PS4), Call of Juarez (PS3), Race the Sun (Vita,PS3,PS4) and a lot of themes.

A lot of nice games indeed. Take note of Sen no Kiseki on both platforms :)

El_Cinefilo

Anyone else having troubles with downloading Styx? I just downloaded Rocket League, but Styx download just keeps stopping and showing some error :/ (downloading from UK PS Store).

I downloaded them last night (after midnight) fine but trying to download Geometry Wars to my Vita now and it isn't having it, it's on 36mb (Game is only 75) after over an hour an a couple of stops

I downloaded them last night (after midnight) fine but trying to download Geometry Wars to my Vita now and it isn't having it, it's on 36mb (Game is only 75) after over an hour an a couple of stops
I had no problems with Geometry Wars, just downloaded it on my Vita. But Styx on PS4 is still giving me some errors ("Cannont connect to the server within the time limit... blah, blah, error code NW-31456-9).

Edit: nevermind, it's downloading now :D

In the North America Web Store, when you go to "free games" section of PS+, it lists Pneuma: Breath of Life. However it is not free and a price is listed (as it was not one of the announced games). So that's clearly a mistake on someone's part by putting it in there. I hope someone pays attention and doesn't add it to their cart without realizing they are paying for that game. Also, the PS4 version of Entwined is missing there (probably taken by Pneuma's spot), but can be found by searching for it.

In the North America Web Store, when you go to "free games" section of PS+, it lists Pneuma: Breath of Life. However it is not free and a price is listed (as it was not one of the announced games). So that's clearly a mistake on someone's part by putting it in there. I hope someone pays attention and doesn't add it to their cart without realizing they are paying for that game. Also, the PS4 version of Entwined is missing there (probably taken by Pneuma's spot), but can be found by searching for it.

Entwined ps4 was auto added for me via cross buy when i added the vita game

Top Bottom