• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Ok It's PS Plus ranting time. But of the different kind than this thread is used to. Now we already know that charging for multiplayer on PS4 was a very bullshitty move and one that it's sad people didn't kick up a stink over. But it's actually even worse than I thought. Guest accounts cant even play online? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

Jesus. Wanted to play some Rocket League splitscreen online today only to be forced to set up a PSN account for the second player. Absolutely ridiculous. Xbox Live got this shit right 10 goddamn years ago. My name and a (1) on the end of it for the guest account. This is not difficult, Sony. Just another reason to weep for the bullshit that is paying for online multiplayer.

And it's like that (adding the (1) ) on PS3 too. What the fuck, Sony?

VLiberty

Can you explain why?

I played it and all I saw was a horrible game. I had zero fun.

The gameplay mechanics clicked with me from the start and I really liked the level design, especially when I started going for the 100% (even though I'm not good enough to do it for the latter half of the levels).

Also, the soundtrack is amazing

The main annoyance for me was that it was boring and controlled like shit.

Controls are fine, I had no problems with them. You just need precision, it can get a bit difficult at times, especially if you're going for 100%

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Entwined is actually pretty decent. With Rocket League and Geometry Wars 3 being so amazing the others are all bonuses and it doesn't even matter if they're good or not. So yeah it's nice that others this month are decent too. Enjoying Entwined and what I played of Mousecraft was alright.

Entwined is actually pretty decent. With Rocket League and Geometry Wars 3 being so amazing the others are all bonuses and it doesn't even matter if they're good or not. So yeah it's nice that others this month are decent too. Enjoying Entwined and what I played of Mousecraft was alright.

What's the point of Entwined? I played the first level and was just willing it to end by the time I was about half way through, it was so dull. It's not a patch on FlipSide for dual-stick gameplay.

Does it get interesting somehow?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What's the point of Entwined? I played the first level and was just willing it to end by the time I was about half way through, it was so dull. It's not a patch on FlipSide for dual-stick gameplay.

Does it get interesting somehow?
No it's pretty much the same thing as the first level but it gets harder with more precise movements required.

To be honest I just find it to be a chillaxing game to play on my Vita for a few minutes. It hasn't wowed me or anything. Just a decent enough game for what it is I feel. But I get why people would find it boring.

RPGamer92

Banned
Ok so I let my PS+ expire last month but today, got a 3 month code. I redeemed it on the main account that had PS+ previously but now when I play my games (Bioshock Infinite), I got a notification saying the game will expire in a few minutes. What should I do??

VLiberty

Honestly Entwined was really...meh.

I've yet to play Mousecraft, only booted it and saw that it's basically a MvsDK/Lemmings-like game. Now i need to play it

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Geo Wars 3, damn... They really went above and beyond with this game. That adventure mode alone would take me ages to complete, then there's even extra modes and to top it all off, there's the first 2 games included as well in Classic.

I'm rusty though, I'm close to level 30 in Adventure, and I'm fine taking the one star just to advance to the next level at this point. Difficulty ramps up from 20 onwards. Putting an upgrade and loadout system in Adventure was a great move. On paper it sounds bad, but they made it work.

Can someone remind me how I a full copy of Oddworld new & tasty without paying for it? I don't know if it was a ps+ screw up our something else, not currently subscribing.

Mupod

It is that. If crossbuy gets added later it turns all versions into full versions. Resogun is the same.

I actually just turned on my PS4 for the first time in ages to play Journey and download the SF5 beta - I noticed Resogun in my library even though I definitely didn't own a PS4 or a vita or anything when it was a PS+ game. Pleasant surprise although I'm still not sure why I own it.

Git

Neo Member
Tuesday is coming!

My guess list:

PS4: Bedlam, Worms Battlegrounds
PS3: Crescent Pale Mist, Magic 2013
PSVita: Lego Legends Of Chima, Super Stardust Delta

RK128

My guesses for next month's Plus games are the following:
PS4: The Swindle (Three-way cross buy), Rayman Legends
PS3: Resident Evil Revelations 2/Resident Evil 6, Crescent Pale Mist
Vita: Super Stardust Delta, Squares

RK128

I'm just going to start saying Super Meat Boy every month until it happens

But its likely that it will be part of September/October's Plus line-up (similar deal happened with Bending of Issac Rebirth last year). I didn't put it in my list due to it being way to soon (expect it being a Sept./Oct. game).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm just going to start saying Super Meat Boy every month until it happens

Also I never even heard of Crescent Pale Mist
And I'm going to start dreaming of Super Meat Boy every month until it happens.

Real talk: This month was absolutely god tier. Next month has little chance of topping it. Goddamn Rocket League is amazing. GOTY so far no doubt. Also Geometry Wars 3 was amazing.

And I'm going to start dreaming of Super Meat Boy every month until it happens.

Real talk: This month was absolutely god tier. Next month has little chance of topping it. Goddamn Rocket League is amazing. GOTY so far no doubt. Also Geometry Wars 3 was amazing.

Rocket League pretty much runs my life at this point.

JonnyKong

Haha, I'm not dead inside, I just hate football so absoluteiy nothing about that game appealed to me. I did try it to see what the dealio was, but it just didn't win me over.

I still don't get the hate for that game.

It controlled very badly, and was very, very ugly. We're not just talking "beaten by the ugly stick," we're talking beaten by the ugly stick which fell from the ugly tree in the ugly park in the ugly district of the ugly town in the ugly state in the ugly country in the ugly continent on the ugly planet in the ugly galaxy in the ugly universe.

It was not a pretty game.

It also did some very minor things which just really piss me off because I don't understand how someone can make a game without noticing how badly they've fucked things up. Like how when you're selecting levels your completed levels are yellow dots and the levels you need to play are yellow dots and it shows you which level you're highlighting by using a yellow dot. I mean, seriously, developers, fucking THINK.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It controlled very badly, and was very, very ugly. We're not just talking "beaten by the ugly stick," we're talking beaten by the ugly stick which fell from the ugly tree in the ugly park in the ugly district of the ugly town in the ugly state in the ugly country in the ugly continent on the ugly planet in the ugly galaxy in the ugly universe.

It also did some very minor things which just really piss me off because I don't understand how someone can make a game without noticing how badly they've fucked things up. Like how when you're selecting levels your completed levels are yellow dots and the levels you need to play are yellow dots and it shows you which level you're highlighting by using a yellow dot. I mean, seriously, developers, fucking THINK.

I thought it looked fine. Controls had issues but once you get used to them you can judge things nicely enough and they work as well as you need them to with practice. As for the last point I can't argue with it but it's not a huge deal.

And I have one more thing to say in defence. At least it isn't a Metal Gear game.

VLiberty

Tuesday is coming!

My guess list:

PS4: Bedlam, Worms Battlegrounds
PS3: Crescent Pale Mist, Magic 2013
PSVita: Lego Legends Of Chima, Super Stardust Delta

My guesses for next month's Plus games are the following:
PS4: The Swindle (Three-way cross buy), Rayman Legends
PS3: Resident Evil Revelations 2/Resident Evil 6, Crescent Pale Mist
Vita: Super Stardust Delta, Squares

Is there something I missed that points towards SSD? It would be pretty good for me, it's the only shooter I'm missing on Vita.

Haven't seen much of The Swindle, but wha I saw looked great. It would be very cool, though it's Curve Studios so we will get it by 6/12 months regardless :p

RK128

Is there something I missed that points towards SSD? It would be pretty good for me, it's the only shooter I'm missing on Vita.

Haven't seen much of The Swindle, but wha I saw looked great. It would be very cool, though it's Curve Studios so we will get it by 6/12 months regardless :p

Its one of the few remaining Sony-published games that didn't land on PS+ yet (outside of their PS2 Collections, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, and Orshika), so us guessing that isn't completely un-realisitc.

I only list The Swindle due to it being a 'big' three-way cross buy game (and its launching the same day the NA PSN Store updates; it lines up with the launch of the Plus games).

VLiberty

Its one of the few remaining Sony-published games that didn't land on PS+ yet (outside of their PS2 Collections, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, and Orshika), so us guessing that isn't completely un-realisitc.

I only list The Swindle due to it being a 'big' three-way cross buy game (and its launching the same day the NA PSN Store updates; it lines up with the launch of the Plus games).

Ah I see, I thought there was something particular as both posted it in a very short timeframe :p

Actually there are a few, like Sound Shapes and Tearaway too, but yeah it's definitely a matter of time, I can see it coming by year's end.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

The hell? The graphics was just about the only good thing about it. The controls were horrid, but the art direction was lovely.

The hell? The graphics was just about the only good thing about it. The controls were horrid, but the art direction was lovely.

It absolutely wasn't. The art direction was to the detriment of the game as it wasn't clear enough what would hurt you and what wouldn't, where you could go and where you couldn't, etc. The palette meant that everything kind of blended into one huge gross mess of yellow and orange.

I can see what they were going for and it's nice to have a "hand-drawn" game come out but the mistake you're making is in thinking that because a style is rare, it's automatically good. It was a good style done really badly and claiming otherwise is unfair to games that do this style right.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's true that sometimes it was confusing to know if some spikes were harmful or part of the decor, but that's more a problem with level design than art direction. I mean, you could argue it's a problem with art direction too, but it doesn't make the game ugly. Even if the level design was a mess, it was still aesthetically pleasant.

It's true that sometimes it was confusing to know if some spikes were harmful or part of the decor, but that's more a problem with level design than art direction. I mean, you could argue it's a problem with art direction too, but it doesn't make the game ugly. Even if the level design was a mess, it was still aesthetically pleasant.

It's 100% a problem with art direction!

Level design is irrelevant, it doesn't matter where they put the spikes, if they made them bright red and flashing with a big "spikes" sign next to them, you'd see that they were spikes. The reason they didn't do that is art direction. (Obviously that's a slightly exaggerated example but the point is valid.)

The developers went for style over gameplay and (in my opinion) pretty much fucked up both.

Top Bottom