• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

cyba89

I played a bit of everything and for me this is the best month of the year so far.
Rocket League is the best Plus offering since Binding Of Isaac. I hope the Online works properly soon.
Played through the whole of Entwined yesterday which was good.
Styx is a legit fun stealth game so far (although it could use a bit more frequent checkpoints).
Already have GW3 on PS4, but it's nice having this on Vita too, especially since it's only 75MB and won't eat up much memory space.

Celegus

Finally got into a couple online matches of Rocket League... some people are really good. Still a ton of fun, but I've got a long way to go!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
GW3 Vita is the perfect pick-up-and-play for short sessions kind of game, I love it. It's like TxK combined with SSD. Love the Retro Evolved game modes, too. Pleasantly surprised.

Undead

I keep running out of space in online storage, it's fucking pathetic.
10.89mb per save = 94 game saves MAX (if using 1024mb =1gb and game uses minimum storage)

Must be a way we can start a public shaming campaign on twitter and facebook or something, shame them in to giving us more storage by comparing the pitiful number of saves allowed

Greddleok

I still can't get into rocket league. Just feels like there's a barrier to having fun if you're not good at it. I will keep trying, but I don't think it's going to ever feel fun.
Entwined is just boring as shit. It's guitar hero without the charm.
Styx is great. Can't wait to play more of it.
Geometry wars is fantastic. Thought I'd hate it but I ended up playing for 3 hours without noticing.

10.89mb per save = 94 game saves MAX (if using 1024mb =1gb and game uses minimum storage)

Must be a way we can start a public shaming campaign on twitter and facebook or something, shame them in to giving us more storage by comparing the pitiful number of saves allowed

Out of interest, why do you feel you need 94 game saves in online storage? I can't imagine ever having the need to have more than about 15 including games I'm playing at the time and games I put so many hours into I want to make sure the file is doubly secure.

I think the issue is with absurdly large save files. Apotheon has a +300 mbs save file and there was another game i owned that had ~200 mbs save file. There is zero reason for a save file to be bigger than some actual games are.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think the issue is with absurdly large save files. Apotheon has a +300 mbs save file and there was another game i owned that had ~200 mbs save file. There is zero reason for a save file to be bigger than some actual games are.

Indeed. Apotheon and Driveclub are over 300 each, Dragon Age Inquisition over 100, Rocket League over 100, and that's just off the top of my head. 4 games account for 80% of the quota.

NewDust

Indeed. Apotheon and Driveclub are over 300 each, Dragon Age Inquisition over 100, Rocket League over 100, and that's just off the top of my head. 4 games account for 80% of the quota.
Well for driveclub you can atleast delete your ghost and replays from the cloud. The mainfile isn't that big.

Hasney

Can you do that per file or per game? You can't tell it not to upload ghost data if that means you won't upload save data either.

Tell the game not to auto-upload, but upload the main data when a backups needed.

There's no point in auto-backup when my saves are about 10 times the storage limit.

Undead

Out of interest, why do you feel you need 94 game saves in online storage? I can't imagine ever having the need to have more than about 15 including games I'm playing at the time and games I put so many hours into I want to make sure the file is doubly secure.

It's not that I have 94, it's that there can ONLY be 94 at max but in many cases it will be much much less than even half that, see quote below.
Hundreds of games get released during a consoles lifespan and HDD's are prone to fail from time to time meaning I don't feel overly confident my saves will always be safe on the HDD (yes I know there is USB backup but that is a PITA) there is seriously no excuse for a pitiful 1GB

NewDust

What I do to keep my save space tidy:

- Have a separate usb key only for ps3 and ps4 saves
- always use auto upload for new games
- once a game is completed, copy save to usb
- delete from cloud
- disable auto upload or delete save altogether
- every once in a while backup usb key

This keeps the amount of actions you take to a minimum while also managing your cloud space quite well.

Joni

I like to have save games on Plus for should the sequel offer extras if you have one or you want to go back later.

In its 1.5 years after release the PS4 already got 50 different games via PS+. So you can imagine how quickly that space is used up within the the console lifetime when you also buy additional games.

Also, that's the absolute minimum number of games (+maybe a few more because some games are actually just 3 MB). As posted above, some games are so big that a handful of them can already fill up the space by themselves.
Now add multiple savegames, replay data etc. that you want to keep.

It's a premium feature so I don't see why it's my job to micromanage the space, decide which games I should store on USB instead etc.

I'm obviously not going to argue about more space being warranted, because it would make a lot of sense when the absolute minimum size of a save file is 10MB. At the very least it'd be nice to have 3GB to use how you want instead of 1GB per system.

But I do think people are exagerrating the problem quite a lot. Nobody needs fifty save files on the cloud. Sure everyone already has fifty games, but between the games that are shit and the games they've finished and will never have any need to go back to there really won't be that much space used up on the cloud.

You might have to delete a few files and copy stuff to a USB stick now and then but everyone on NeoGAF has a USB stick and it's a two minute job every few months. We're not talking "end of the world" here.

It not a huge deal, but it also wouldn't be a huge deal for Sony to just increase the limit. I doubt it would cost them a significant amount if anything, since the people that would use >>1 GB aren't a lot. It just a thing that makes you scratch your head a little.

Since Sony pretends to care about the hardcore so much and there is a good number of people who think this is an issue (justified or not), it's just weird that they're doing nothing about it. The point of the automatic backup is automation, if I have to micromanage it, it might as well not exist at all.

EDIT: On Steam I never once had to think about this stuff at all. Every game that has it enabled has its own storage that doesn't affect the others and once it's uploaded it's there forever and I can forget about it. And that service is free.

Hasney

I'm obviously not going to argue about more space being warranted, because it would make a lot of sense when the absolute minimum size of a save file is 10MB. At the very least it'd be nice to have 3GB to use how you want instead of 1GB per system.

But I do think people are exagerrating the problem quite a lot. Nobody needs fifty save files on the cloud. Sure everyone already has fifty games, but between the games that are shit and the games they've finished and will never have any need to go back to there really won't be that much space used up on the cloud.

You might have to delete a few files and copy stuff to a USB stick now and then but everyone on NeoGAF has a USB stick and it's a two minute job every few months. We're not talking "end of the world" here.

Sports games crewted characters, arguably the thing I can send most time on, are the biggest files of all time and the ones I want in the cloud the most. Just uploading 4 would blow the entire online storage.

Sports games crewted characters, arguably the thing I can send most time on, are the biggest files of all time and the ones I want in the cloud the most. Just uploading 4 would blow the entire online storage.

Do you legitimately have four sports games on the go at once?

Why would I have them on the go? They're there ready for when I come back to them because I don't buy them every year.

By "on the go" I mean you haven't replaced NHL 14 with NHL 15, etc.

Fair play if you do, but there can't be many people in the world who would devote time to games of four different sports.

Hasney

By "on the go" I mean you haven't replaced NHL 14 with NHL 15, etc.

Fair play if you do, but there can't be many people in the world who would devote time to games of four different sports.

At the moment I've got WWE (well, "sport"), FIFA 15, NBA 2k14, PES 15, UFC and Madden 15 mostly because my friends love them when they come over and they all have their characters. Hopefully I can get Rocket League to take off and then I won't need as much though...

Only ones I'll probably upgrade is PES and UFC if the latter has a new one soon because I play them single player.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So, I bought the PSVita because there was an amazing offer here in Italy (130€, plus six games and a 8 GB memory stick, but I paid 105 because I had some credits on my card).

Is there a way to list all owned PSVita games from Plus?
I'm downloading some I remember, like Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Dragon's Crown and Killzone, but having a list would help, I don't really remember what I have.

Also if I play when I'm charging the battery, this kills the the life of the battery?
There's a link to a reddit list in the OP. It's fine to play while charging.

Celegus

Ok, thanks. Also I found I have Jak Trilogy from crossplay, but only Sly 1 (and no Sly 2 and 3). Strange.
EDIT: Is Soul Sacrifice good? I saw some videos, it seems Dark Souls mixed with Monster Hunter.

I liked it quite a bit, yeah. The story stuff was pretty intriguing too. Don't forget about #1 Vita game Spelunky as well!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Everyone does at first. Find the camera settings in the thread and use those, they help a lot and then one time you'll find them just clicking.
Well I did this and I still suck, but I had a much better time trying 1v1 online just now. 3v3 seems so random and hectic it's hard to do things I want a lot of the time since the ball and people are flying everywhere all the time. But playing 1v1 against people of my skill level I had a much easier time with and it's sooooooo fun and leads to some real intense matches. It was a lot easier to be in control and judge situations better in 1v1. I think I prefer that to the insanity of the team games.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So far I completed:

-Murasaki Baby, nice game, amazing final theme by Yamaoka, awful controls. To make the child walk I basically need to cover half the Vita's screen. Also in some section prompt were not so precise.

-Golden Abyss. This was boring. I love Uncharted titles on PS3, but this one feels like a black sheep or something like that. I did it on Hard and it was way too easy, but the thing that pissed me is that all locations excluding the final one feel exactly the same. Basically there are three locations: a jungle, the cave and the shantytown. Meh. Plot was also kinda empty. Only section I liked was when Sully is with you, some funny jokes here at least. Also too much crap to collect.

Now I started Killzone Mercenary, very, very funny, probably the best Killzone I played.
Nah. Golden Abyss has the best core gameplay in the series. It might not have the super epic set piece moments but the actual gameplay and encounter design is the best in the series. It's very underrated. It could have done without some of the touch based qte and that hold Vita up to a bright light section but that aside it was very good. The only Uncharted game I've beaten 3 times.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I thought UC1 was mediocre, UC2 was pretty good, UC3 was pure garbage. GA was much more enjoyable for me because the gyro aiming made the combat MUCH better. I was pulling off headsbots in GA like crazy. Made the gameplay much more fun. The aiming in UC3 in particular was downright awful. Plus being able to paint your path on the touchscreen for platforming made that aspect a bit better. Platforming in UC has always basically been to take a break from th action. Now it requirs even less input and more time to take a sip of my drink while playing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The problems with UC3 went well beyond the aiming. It basically highlights everything wrong with modern AAA gaming. Way too much focus on the cinematic experience and set piece bullshit. And the game was a goddamn tripping simulator. GA took the focus back to the gameplay and was all the better for it.

At least the set pieces in UC2 were cool at th time and the whole cinematic thing was still in that neat novelty phase. By the time UC3 came around I was so sick of that shit.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Soooooooo....... does anyone in the EU remember PES 2014 being one of the IGC games earlier last year? Wikipedia says it was added on April 2nd and as a PS+ member I make it a habit to at least add all IGC games to my account for future downloads. Today I went to download it and it's removed completely from the store, even my download history. What gives?

Soooooooo....... does anyone in the EU remember PES 2014 being one of the IGC games earlier last year? Wikipedia says it was added on April 2nd and as a PS+ member I make it a habit to at least add all IGC games to my account for future downloads. Today I went to download it and it's removed completely from the store, even my download history. What gives?
It was removed from the store but it should still be in your list. I just checked and it is in mine.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hmmm thanks. I had another look and it's definitely not in my list out of 430+ downloads. Not to mention a huge amount of my content is dated 19 Jan 2015 after having my account compromised in Nov last year. (Had to get all my consoles unlinked and re assigned to my account).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok It's PS Plus ranting time. But of the different kind than this thread is used to. Now we already know that charging for multiplayer on PS4 was a very bullshitty move and one that it's sad people didn't kick up a stink over. But it's actually even worse than I thought. Guest accounts cant even play online? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

Jesus. Wanted to play some Rocket League splitscreen online today only to be forced to set up a PSN account for the second player. Absolutely ridiculous. Xbox Live got this shit right 10 goddamn years ago. My name and a (1) on the end of it for the guest account. This is not difficult, Sony. Just another reason to weep for the bullshit that is paying for online multiplayer.

Top Bottom