• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

"PS+ has been indie-central for a while, but we don't want you retail gamers to feel left out so it's AAA-month on PS+ in August! All the games available to download for free this month are also available as boxed games in stores!

PS4: Putty Squad, Angry Birds: Star Wars

Download starting from August 4th."

In all seriousness I'd enjoy Putty Squad. I'm completely baffled at how it became a PS4 launch title and there seems to be a really weird story behind it, but it looks like a hideously ugly, yet fun game.

Pretty sure we'll get Teslagrad. I just bought it and it turned out to be not very good so it being on PS+ will make me feel like I've wasted my money not only once, but twice.

Basically it's guaranteed.

Significant (retail) games that have been free in Japan but not NA/EU (last 8 months or so):

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Atelier Totori Plus
Oreshika
Valhalla Knights 3 Gold
Deception IV: Blood Ties
Earth Defense Force 2025
Dynasty Warriors Next
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Natural Doctrine
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
Tearaway
Rayman Legends
orgarhythm
Trials Fusion
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
Resident Evil Revelations
The Guided Fate Paradox

Straight up murdering us.

Trouble

Banned
According to PS Blog Submerged will receive a 20% discount for PSPlus Members so it's impossible to see it on IGC.

I got my hopes up when I saw that it releases on the 4th which is a Tuesday. That blog post pretty well nixes the possibility of it launching as a free PS+ game.

It is odd that it's out in just over a week and not on the store yet. Listed on Steam, but no price yet.

RK128

Significant (retail) games that have been free in Japan but not NA/EU (last 8 months or so):

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Atelier Totori Plus
Oreshika
Valhalla Knights 3 Gold
Earth Defense Force 2025
Dynasty Warriors Next
Natural Doctrine
Tearaway
Rayman Legends
orgarhythm
Trials Fusion
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
The Guided Fate Paradox

Wow, guess JP plus is really killing it XD!

I wonder if this means NA/EU Plus will be getting these games in the future, as I could easily see some of those games land on plus in the future.
-Tearaway Vita coming to Plus a month before Unfolded launches on PS4
-Revelations coming to PS3 on Plus to push Revelations 2 on Vita
-Soul Sacrifice Delta/Oreishika being 'big' Vita Plus games for the November/December months (mirroring Sept.-Dec. 2013 on Vita; Rayman Origins, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Sonic Racing Transformed, Soul Sacrifice)
-Blaze Blue/Guilty Gear Xrd being a big PS Vita/PS4 game for early 2016, ect).

Games on JP+ were never really an indicator for the games in the west.

I think most of the indies we get aren't even released in Japan, so they have to give them something else, which is mostly Japanese games. Japanese games have always been rare on our PS+ and I doubt that will change in the future.

RK128

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS A THING?!

Um, Tearaway IS coming to PS4 in the future :l; they have the LittleBigPlanet Vita developers making that with Media Molicure over-seeing its development.

If you're commenting on the Vita version coming to Plus a month or two before the PS4 version launches, I think it would be great advertising for the game :). Show people what the original game was like before jumping into the console port/remaster/remake/ect.

Games on JP+ were never really an indicator for the games in the west.

I think most of the indies we get aren't even released in Japan, so they have to give them something else, which is mostly Japanese games. Japanese games have always been rare on our PS+ and I doubt that will change in the future.

That is a very good point too; so many people will just complain about SK: Shinovi Verses or Akiba’s Trip landing on Plus, complaining about how 'weird' or 'perverted' and the like :l.

Besides, like you said, JP doesn't get Indie games nearly as much as the West, so they do need some to replace those missing games for JP Plus.

Um, Tearaway IS coming to PS4 in the future :l; they have the LittleBigPlanet Vita developers making that with Media Molicure over-seeing its development.

If you're commenting on the Vita version coming to Plus a month or two before the PS4 version launches, I think it would be great advertising for the game :). Show people what the original game was like before jumping into the console port/remaster/remake/ect.

It would be terrible advertising for the game. You'd almost literally be giving the same game away that you were going to try and get people to pay $40 for a month later. You would have to be insane to think that was a good idea.

RK128

It would be terrible advertising for the game. You'd almost literally be giving the same game away that you were going to try and get people to pay $40 for a month later. You would have to be insane to think that was a good idea.

I get your point now. I would agree with you but Unfolded is supposedly adding a lot to the core Vita game, so it wouldn't be an direct port of the Vita game. They have to change and add a lot, so Sony giving out the game a few months before Unfolded launches would be a good way to expose people to the games world, sparking interest in Unfolded.

I get your point now. I would agree with you but Unfolded is supposedly adding a lot to the core Vita game, so it wouldn't be an direct port of the Vita game. They have to change and add a lot, so Sony giving out the game a few months before Unfolded launches would be a good way to expose people to the games world, sparking interest in Unfolded.

Nah, if they wanted to do that they'd be better off doing a demo. Giving the game away just removes the need to buy the upgrade.

Even assuming that people might still want the upgrade though, having the other Tearaway released on PS+ so close would mean they'd have had their appetite sated for the present and they'd be able to wait until the remake was on sale, reducing revenues that way instead.

Wiggy

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Atelier Totori Plus
Oreshika
Valhalla Knights 3 Gold
Earth Defense Force 2025
Dynasty Warriors Next
Natural Doctrine
Tearaway
Rayman Legends
orgarhythm
Trials Fusion
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
The Guided Fate Paradox

Didnt Japan get Batman Vita too? I wouldn't mind that this month.

While Tearaway is a fine game, after playing it on the Vita I have no desire to play it or another game like it ever again. It's very much a one-trick pony

RK128

Nah, if they wanted to do that they'd be better off doing a demo. Giving the game away just removes the need to buy the upgrade.

Even assuming that people might still want the upgrade though, having the other Tearaway released on PS+ so close would mean they'd have had their appetite sated for the present and they'd be able to wait until the remake was on sale, reducing revenues that way instead.

Maybe they can pull a DriveClub Plus addition and offer an extended demo as an 'extra' game for Plus users (a good 4-5 levels), so that way PS4 owners can experience the game and if they want to continue it, they have to get the full version :).

Sorta like the PS3 PS Plus Trials; I did that with Bioshock Infinity and I enjoyed it so much I ended up getting the full game a few days latter XD.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really want Hatoful Boyfriend to be a PS4 PS+ title so much. I know it won't, but I would fucking love to see the reactions lol
I bought it in the Steam sale recently, but even so yeah I'd love it to go on Plus. Partly because I think the game would be better to play on a handheld, but also because yeah the reactions would be glorious.

Celegus

I bought it in the Steam sale recently, but even so yeah I'd love it to go on Plus. Partly because I think the game would be better to play on a handheld, but also because yeah the reactions would be glorious.

I'd be down for some pigeon dating. My wife liked it quite a bit on Steam, but I'd probably check it out if it came to Vita on PS+.

Just_one

Lego Marvel for PS4 , Arkham Origins for PS3 and Little Big Planet for Vita!

Screw the other 3 games...this is all i want

MAKE IT HAPPEN SONY!!

btw annoucement is tomorrow right?

Auctopus

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Atelier Totori Plus
Oreshika
Valhalla Knights 3 Gold
Earth Defense Force 2025
Dynasty Warriors Next
Natural Doctrine
Tearaway
Rayman Legends
orgarhythm
Trials Fusion
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
The Guided Fate Paradox

That is nuts.

Meh, not much of anything there I'd want that I don't already own.

But then I have horrid taste in games apparently.

=)

There's not much there I'd be interested in either. I'd probably play Rayman again and I've already got Trials, but beyond that I dunno.

Maybe orgarhythm and Natural Doctrine, just to see how they are, but I imagine ND was the PS3 version and I'd need it on PS4.

It's a pretty rubbish list, it's not like they got Knack or anything.

Given that the store updates on Tuesdays now in both the US and Europe, we should hear about the new games today.

This makes literally no sense. What are you even talking about?

They announce the games tomorrow. Get over it. The EU schedule makes no difference because it's always been based on the US schedule which has not changed.

This makes literally no sense. What are you even talking about?

They announce the games tomorrow. Get over it. The EU schedule makes no difference because it's always been based on the US schedule which has not changed.

How do you know they announce the games tomorrow? Is it too late for an announcement in Europe?

How do you know they announce the games tomorrow? Is it too late for an announcement in Europe?

There isn't an announcement in Europe, there's just "an announcement."

The games are announced according to the US schedule as they literally always have been, and the US schedule hasn't changed so the announcement will be tomorrow, like it always has been.

Top Bottom