• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Two people! They should probably go to a hospital and verify that they're human.

I've managed to A+ all of the Light World up to Cotton Alley and I'm basically happy with that as an achievement. I'll be able to beat CA and Dark Fetus as well but that fucking platinum, man. Fuck. I never even 100%d the game on 360, there was two CA levels I couldn't A+.

Unlocked The Kid's warp-zone today, like "oh shit I remember you."

Futureman

I just want to make sure... if I let my PS+ subscription expire, my games go away, but if I ever sign back up, I still have access to the previous games I had downloaded, right?

Just got a PS4 w/ 14 day free PS+ Trial. I'm reading that New Egg usually has a $30 1-Year subscription on Black Friday, so I'll probably let me 14 day trial expire, and then nab that on Black Friday.

I just want to make sure... if I let my PS+ subscription expire, my games go away, but if I ever sign back up, I still have access to the previous games I had downloaded, right?

Just got a PS4 w/ 14 day free PS+ Trial. I'm reading that New Egg usually has a $30 1-Year subscription on Black Friday, so I'll probably let me 14 day trial expire, and then nab that on Black Friday.

There was one year a couple years back where loads of places had $30 Black Friday deals, but since then nothing. $40 you'll get, $30 you probably won't.

But yeah, whatever games you've "bought" will be waiting for you to re-sub. Not sure that works for trials though? I guess if it's let you purchase the games then you'll be fine.

Futureman

Cool! I sold my Uncharted code on here for $40, I guess I should just use that towards PS+.

and wow, just realized what Broken Age is. I downloaded it the other night but didn't check it out. I'm such an infrequent gamer these days that PS+ and the occasional game on sale should keep me entertained.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just beat every dark world level of Super Meat Boy. Now I just need to beat the rest of the warp zones and then go for bandages. And then maybe attempt the terrible no death trophies. Maybe.

Futureman

But yeah, whatever games you've "bought" will be waiting for you to re-sub. Not sure that works for trials though? I guess if it's let you purchase the games then you'll be fine.

just did an online chat, and even with a trial, if I sign back up at a later date I'll still have my games.

BUT they did tell me that some developers opt out of this in general... even for normal subscribers (ignoring trials), if you let you subscription lapse and then sign back up, some games will be gone for good.

Celegus

Digging Broken Age, even though I'm horrible at games like this. My wife has a guide up to point me in the right direction if I get really stuck, since I don't care much about the puzzles and just want to see the story play out. Gorgeous art style too!

xrnzaaas

I still haven't touched Broken Age, but it's on my list. One of the reasons is that I don't like the fact that I won't be getting a platinum from this one (what's the point of adding a speedrun trophy to an adventure game??).

Celegus

I still haven't touched Broken Age, but it's on my list. One of the reasons is that I don't like the fact that I won't be getting a platinum from this one (what's the point of adding a speedrun trophy to an adventure game??).

Maybe... just play it because it's good? Does not compute.

I've been playing on PS4. The art is so good even on a big screen. Haven't tried on Vita since my memory card is full and I'd rather play on the TV anyway. Works fine.

xrnzaaas

Maybe... just play it because it's good? Does not compute.

I've been playing on PS4. The art is so good even on a big screen. Haven't tried on Vita since my memory card is full and I'd rather play on the TV anyway. Works fine.

I know, I became a trophy whore since I purchased a PS4 (I didn't really care about achievements when I was playing on a 360). :)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So we're only a few days away from the next announcement. Speculation time. I got nothin. Considering it lines up with PGW though I think AAA announcements coud actually be coming this time. Killzone seems likely I guess.

Please no Knack jokes

If PS2 classics are actually coming, I could see a PS3 slot being traded for a (new, unreleased?) PS2 classic every month. I think that would be cool for a while.

xrnzaaas

So we're only a few days away from the next announcement. Speculation time. I got nothin. Considering it lines up with PGW though I think AAA announcements coud actually be coming this time. Killzone seems likely I guess.

Please no Knack jokes

Well, PS4 Alien Isolation isn't in the current Halloween sale...

Finished Stealth Inc. 2. It's a great game, with that metroidvania feel and awesome OST. It has some flaws like respawn glitches, a confusing progression bug at certain point, and the ending it's a bit underwhelming, but a great game anyway.

Hasney

Rumour mill is fucking nuts, websites taking LORD's friend as their source at this point.

Got Evil Within, Battlefield Hardline, Shovel Knight and Lumberjack Simulator from places that have gotten things right before.

chadskin

Rumour mill is fucking nuts, websites taking LORD's friend as their source at this point.

Got Evil Within, Battlefield Hardline, Shovel Knight and Lumberjack Simulator from places that have gotten things right before.

Evil Within is on sale in Europe, BF Hardline was in early October in Europe as well. Slim chance of seeing them pop up for November I'd say.

RK128

Interesting......could see Shovel Knight and Evil Within happening; the former has a lot of content (plus the Amiibo coming out in November) while the latter is a great late-Halloween game :).

My bet based on your statements is the following for November:
-PS4: Shovel Knight (Cross-Buy with PS3/PS4/Vita), Evil Within
-PS3: Battlefield Hardline, Lumberjack Simulator
-PS Vita: Retail Vita Title (LBP Vita? Ratchet Collection?), Indie Cross-Buy Title

RK128

Shovel Knight is getting a retail release in Oct/Nov

please guys

Good point; makes it coming to Plus not likely.

I guess we can't guess what's coming, as I'm drawing a blank on what could be coming for PS+ :l.

Hope that the Vita line up is a great as last month (Meat Boy and Broken Age) :).

RK128

I wonder if they'll announce December's and January's freebies like they did last year.

Could see that if they have retail games coming out again. I wonder what they would be though.....
-Killzone Shadow Fall
-Knack (many of you guys would love this XD!)
-AC: Black Flag
-Need for Speed Rivals
-Battlefield Hardline
-Last of Us Remastered
-Tearaway Unfolded (it bombed hard, so they might as well give it more life through PS+)
-LittleBigPlanet 3

Ludens

Banned
Shovel Knight is getting a retail release in Oct/Nov

please guys

I don't think the game will be on Plus so soon. The game is selling well, it will see a physical release soon, if they give it for free, the physical release will sell nothing. Also the game is selling well without discounts on all platforms.

I expect nothing good for November, maybe Sony will put Last of Us Left Behind for free in December, but only because they need people to renew Plus and there's not a vanilla version without Left Behind, so if people like it, they need to repurchase it bundled with Last of Us.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Super Time Force Ultra on Vita keeps crashing on me on the last phase of tbe final boss. It's really starting to piss me off.

Aaaaaand it did it again. Fuck sake. This game is not possible to beat on Vita.

RK128

I don't think the game will be on Plus so soon. The game is selling well, it will see a physical release soon, if they give it for free, the physical release will sell nothing. Also the game is selling well without discounts on all platforms.

I expect nothing good for November, maybe Sony will put Last of Us Left Behind for free in December, but only because they need people to renew Plus and there's not a vanilla version without Left Behind, so if people like it, they need to repurchase it bundled with Last of Us.

Ah, kinda like what they did with Infamous First Light last year. Not the best move, but something nice for people for the holidays I guess :).

kevin1025

Banned
Didn't the PS3 version of Evil Within run horribly? If so, I likely wont bother playing that if it comes to PS3 :(.

Same here. Plus the game on PS4 is easy to find at a really good price now (or it's on sale often instead), so it's not a total bust if that happens. But the Thief game on PS3 was not a good time, that one was rough, and there hasn't been such hot chatter about The Evil Within on PS3, so hopefully if the rumor is true, it's the PS4 version we are blessed with!

Ludens

Banned
Ah, kinda like what they did with Infamous First Light last year. Not the best move, but something nice for people for the holidays I guess :).

Yeah, with the difference that you can buy First Light stand-alone, while you can't for Last of Us PS4.
The only benefit would be for PS3 owners of Last of Us missing the DLC.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
OH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Not only does this terrible bug stop me from beating STFU on Vita but the fucking game doesn't even have cross save so I cant even just do the last bit on PS4. Game officially ruined.

adapipika

Banned
I really doubt that TLOU DLC PS4 will be on PS+ when you can get whole game PS4 really cheap now... maybe for PS3....

The Evil Within PS4 doubtfull, it's cheap enough....

Let's hope for some decent games.

Ludens

Banned
I really doubt that TLOU DLC PS4 will be on PS+ when you can get whole game PS4 really cheap now... maybe for PS3....

The Evil Within PS4 doubtfull, it's cheap enough....

Let's hope for some decent games.

Lol, the point is exactly what you listed: it's possible they put it for free just to make people buy TLOU even because it's cheap ;)

The game sold a lot, now you can find it very cheap on every store, so...why not?

Top Bottom