• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

The situation seems pretty silly and influenced by personal matters unless I'm missing something. I wish they both just got lawyers to make a deal or something if they hate each other so much.

Not that I'm super bothered by it, I just don't get it.

This is what Baranowsky had to say about it
Regarding my Super Meat Boy soundtrack
Hey guys!

Many of you have probably already seen the news, but my soundtrack for Super Meat Boy will not be in the PS4/Vita versions. This is because I no longer have a working relationship with Team Meat. You may also know that I did not do the soundtrack for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I made a decision a couple years ago to end my working relationship with them for many reasons that don’t really need to be listed here. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause my fans.

I’ve heard rumors that there were creative differences between us; this is not true, or at least was never communicated to me.

I own all the rights to my music, and Team Meat approached me to license the music for the PS4 and Vita versions. I didn't feel like the license fee and exposure through PSN they offered was enough to make me seriously consider accepting the deal. I decided to decline their offer. I wish them and the new artists the best of luck with the game.

I genuinely appreciate all the outreach from fans today. I love you guys!

-danny

Oh fuck off.

Have fun =)

I think if I played this game for 1,000,000 years I would still not achieve this platinum. Partly because I'm not good enough, partly because after around 70 or so my hands would start to seize up and stuff and I just wouldn't be able to play properly. But still, I'm not going for this platinum, ever.

The situation seems pretty silly and influenced by personal matters unless I'm missing something. I wish they both just got lawyers to make a deal or something if they hate each other so much.

Not that I'm super bothered by it, I just don't get it.

This is what Baranowsky had to say about it

It doesn't sound personal at all it sounds like a standard IP disagreement, maybe there is something personal in there (probably is) that could potentially hinder goodwill but that can usually be sorted easily. From that message it clearly states the Team Meat guys were happy with the music and asked for a licence from Baranowsky, They couldn't come to an agreement on the conditions and the decision for Team Meat to recreate the music was the better option for them.

xrnzaaas

KickBeat is available for PS4? Sweet. Looks like a nice little game and the soundtrack is just the type of music I listen to. :)

SMB is up in EU boys

It's free after putting it into the cart

2bKUPVX.png

Sitrus

JP PS+ is as good as ever:
Teslagrad - PS4, PS3
Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity Ultimate - Vita
Dengeki Bunko Fightning Climax - PS3, Vita
Monster Farm 2 - PS1
XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO - PS3, Vita
Metal Slug XX - PSP
The Guided Fate Paradox - PS3
Rocket League - PS4

Dang that Japanese Vita lineup continues to be miles better than what we get. I defend the PS4 lineup a lot, but people who only have a Vita definitely have reason to complain.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Teslagrad - PS4, PS3
Monster Farm 2 - PS1
Metal Slug XX - PSP
Rocket League - PS4
I really don't envy that. At all. The only one I particularly care about there is one we already got. Metal Slug is alright I guess though.

Also, YES! THE MEAT BOY VITA PORT IS PERFECT.

Just for those who want to know. Super Meat Boy is 200mb on Vita and plays like a dream. World 1 100% done so i doubt that the other worlds are having any issues.

Hag

Teslagrad - PS4, PS3
Monster Farm 2 - PS1
Metal Slug XX - PSP
Rocket League - PS4

fml...

dfc for vita would be so good. not having multiple accounts for vita hurts me so much

xrnzaaas

So the PS4 KickBeat was a mistake after all, it's already gone from the list. I'm glad I follow this thread so I got it for free. :)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Chariot isn't cross-buy? That's disappointing...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
After careful consideration I have concluded that the third level is the hardest kid level. Knocked out the first two so quickly only dying a few times.Then I juat wouldn't stop dying on the third one. Took me a good fifteen minutes to get through that one. It's funny because I remember finding that to be the easiest kid level on my first playthrough on 360.

Loving Super Meat Boy again. Wish it had leaderboards per-world though. And that, you know, it actually updated them when you set a score.

Pretty worried that it's going fuck up my Spelunky play though. I'll play the daily tomorrow expecting Spelunky Guy to move like Meat Boy does and I can already see it won't go well.

Noaloha

First time with SMB, shamefully enough. It's great (you know this already). Had a few "fuck this, this is annoying" moments, then the optimal 'come back an hour later and nail it easily' response. Very satisfying.

I feel I'm gonna fuck myself up though as I've quickly got in the habit of 99% perma-holding R1 for the extra movement code.

I forget which World 2 level specifically I'm on, but for now at least I'm progressing fine and getting waaaay more A+s than not.

Did the original soundtrack for SMB suck this bad? Really doesn't go well with the game imo.

Broken Age is pretty cool. I backed the kickstarter way back when but never got around to playing it.

Celegus

Did the original soundtrack for SMB suck this bad? Really doesn't go well with the game imo.

Broken Age is pretty cool. I backed the kickstarter way back when but never got around to playing it.

Original soundtrack was fantastic, I'm not feeling this new one at all so far. At least it plays great on Vita.

keezy

Any leads for a decent sale for PS+ sub?

My subscription is about to run out... Want to check to see if there's any deals out there before paying full price again.

Edit: I might buy a 1 or 3 month sub to get by and then see what deals I can find during Black Friday.

oti

Banned
I played so much Mario Maker the SMB controls feel really weird to me. I played through the game when it came out on Xbox and also changed my avatar to the unlockable picture. Good times.

Also I don't know if I like the PS Vita buttons for this game. Thwy feel a bit stiff/hard. But playing it in bed is rather nice.

Turnstyle

Kung Fu Rabbit seems a poor choice in a month where you also get Super Meat Boy. Play the two side by side, and KFR doesn't stand a chance.

I've played through about half of KFR now. The first world is incredibly easy, and getting all the collectibles is no challenge at all. When the second world starts the difficulty ramps up a bit, but not in the same way SMB does. This game doesn't feel as carefully crafted - there's no flow like SMB, and sometimes the deaths feel unfair. The hitboxes on the enemies seem sloppy, and there's issues with platforms when you're stood on the edge of them (you do a little juddery dance and risk falling off).

There's a harder set of worlds once you complete the game. I'll be interested to take a look at them, but I imagine they'll be more unfair than challenging.

Ultimately, on it's own, KFR is probably an okay game. Not good, not bad, just okay and a decent way to spend a few hours.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Welp. Meat Boy Vita isn't quite perfect. The framerate goes to absolute shit in the third minus world level. Also in this level I've had an issue where sometimes you'll fall through the platform. Really annoying. But it's only one level and the rest of the game has ran perfectly so I'll forgive it.

Made it to Hell in SMB thus far, enjoying it and not all at the same time. The platforming isn't as smooth as I remember it, basically. Like, it's way more twitchy and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to fine-tune jumps which is never a problem I remember having on Xbox. I wonder if it's a D-Pad thing, actually, since I'd have always used the stick on 360...

I probably just need to get used to it again. Too much Spelunky and N++ has made me used to a lot more precision than this gives me. It'll come back to me I guess!

Top Bottom