• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Anyone had difficulty getting the Battlefield 3 1.09 patch? Taking like 20 hours to download 2gb.. where as the 17gb for the game took only a few.

Betty

Banned
Anyone had difficulty getting the Battlefield 3 1.09 patch? Taking like 20 hours to download 2gb.. where as the 17gb for the game took only a few.

It took me a while because I got an error right near the end on my first try, but it downloaded much quicker than game.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I started Battlefield 3, then quit immediately before the patch. Then it updated on its own overnight.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Any free one month PS+ deals for Canada? I need to use the cloud to transfer my Demon's Souls save file to a new PS3 after my old one YLOD.
Try that PS Home mini-quest thing maybe? If you haven't already. Though that might have been only during E3, but one of those gave a free month of PS+ (you have to go through about 4-5 "quests", they take a few minutes).

Robot Pants

Ok guys I'm a dummy.
Just got ps plus, and how do I turn on all the neat features like trophy sync thing and automatic downloads, etc. I don't even know all the extra features I now have access to. Where do I access them?
Thanks.

Edit: I found it

Roto13

I bought a Vita today. Sony's plan to build my Vita library enough that I actually want a Vita to play my games has worked.

Now to never, ever buy a game.

Celegus

I bought a Vita today. Sony's plan to build my Vita library enough that I actually want a Vita to play my games has worked.

It's working on me as well, but I'm waiting for a sale (and PS4 for remote play). Touche, Sony.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I wish I could just turn on trophy sync and cloud saves and leave the automatic patches off. :/
You can do that on the PS3. After selecting a time for it you'll be presented with a list of options for it. If you want you can disable everything except for cloud saves and trophy sync.

qxf9z58.png

Robot Pants

You can do that on the PS3. After selecting a time for it you'll be presented with a list of options for it. If you want you can disable everything except for cloud saves and trophy sync.

qxf9z58.png
Oh awesome. I never clicked on so I didn't get that far. Ps plus is too good

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So I tried playing Battlefield 3's single player mode again. Played it for a while when I got the PC-version. I have to say, for something so bad it sure looks good--even on the PS3. But damned if I wasn't too restless to constantly die.

I love the line "We don't have to bury you. You're already dead." because it makes no sense. Every time I hear that line I it I expect our dude to laugh and say "Did you realize what you just said?". But he never does.

When I played it on PC I got to the rat QTE but this time I never even got to the building collapsing. It's just so bad and I keep dying so often it's not even fun. Bear in mind I've finished both Killzone 2 and 3 on the highest difficulties.

Mrcapcom

Same here got mines used too with 16gb card.

How do I get Jet Set Radio etc? I can only see BF3 for free on PS+

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*looks into the future*

I predict that we'll get L.A. Noire as a Instant Game Collection title in September. I have no basis for this prediction other than my feelings.

Don't forget to snap up those summer sale deals now, everything changes tomorrow. After spending the week with Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, I have to admit that it's quite fun. Would be a little pissed if I paid full price for it, but I've definitely already gotten my $4 worth. Haha

Probably going to go ahead and snag Alice: Madness Returns tomorrow. Been meaning to check that game out for awhile, and just never saw it for the right price or had enough time. If I can get 2+ hours of wacky platforming and crazy fighting, it will be the worth the price.

Don't forget to snap up those summer sale deals now, everything changes tomorrow. After spending the week with Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, I have to admit that it's quite fun. Would be a little pissed if I paid full price for it, but I've definitely already gotten my $4 worth. Haha

Probably going to go ahead and snag Alice: Madness Returns tomorrow. Been meaning to check that game out for awhile, and just never saw it for the right price or had enough time. If I can get 2+ hours of wacky platforming and crazy fighting, it will be the worth the price.
I bought PoP: Forgotten Sands too, glad to hear it's worthy of the $4 admission haha. I'm also gonna grab Alice: Madness Returns tomorrow. I saw my roommate play it last year in spurts and it looks fun. It comes with Alice 1 as free(!) DLC so I'm probably gonna tackle that one first.

Roto13

Any likelihood of PS All Stars coming to Plus?

It's £13 on Game and my hand is hovering over the buy button.

I would have bet money that it would have come as one of the yearly games, but that din't happen.

Could still come eventually. We'll see.

Yanksfan

I think I'll wait then :)

If 13 is a reasonable price for you, I would jump on it if you will play the game now.

Except you'll keep on renting them... All the games you can play, for $50 a year.

Got me interested in buying a Vita myself!

Vita is an awesome piece of hardware and there is some very good games to play. Don't know why people are so adverse to getting one, unless they literally have no opportunity to play games except on their couch.

Roto13

Except you'll keep on renting them... All the games you can play, for $50 a year.

Yup.

I got a review copy of Persona 4 Golden last year, and everything else I've wanted to play has been free on Plus so far. Not counting crossbuy games, I haven't bought any Vita games and I don't really intend to any time soon. :p
Maybe Final Fantasy X HD.

I just bought Ratchet & Clank Collection, Scott Pilgrim, Batman AA and Mortal Kombat.

Feels good.
My backlog is killing me though

Yay, the leak was true.

For those who are having problems downloading the game update for Battlefield 3 or any other game with a huge game update, there is the trick to download game updates as regular background downloads instead of staring at a black screen and a progress bar for hours.

1. Start BF3 or any other game that requires a huge patch. Cancel the update and quit the game to the XMB.
2. Go to System Settings -> Automatic Update. Turn on "Download Game Patches" and leave the other options unchecked. For the time frame, choose the time that you're in right now.
3. Go to Turn Off System in the XMB and choose to shut down the PS3.
4. The PS3 will reboot and start the automatic update.
5. Wait for around 30 seconds, then turn on a controller and cancel the automatic update.
6. Go to Network -> Download Management, and you'll see the game update being downloaded in the background.

Of course, you'll have to play another game that doesn't pause downloads while the patch is being downloaded in the background.

BibiMaghoo

Yay, the leak was true.

For those who are having problems downloading the game update for Battlefield 3 or any other game with a huge game update, there is the trick to download game updates as regular background downloads instead of staring at a black screen and a progress bar for hours.

1. Start BF3 or any other game that requires a huge patch. Cancel the update and quit the game to the XMB.
2. Go to System Settings -> Automatic Update. Turn on "Download Game Patches" and leave the other options unchecked. For the time frame, choose the time that you're in right now.
3. Go to Turn Off System in the XMB and choose to shut down the PS3.
4. The PS3 will reboot and start the automatic update.
5. Wait for around 30 seconds, then turn on a controller and cancel the automatic update.
6. Go to Network -> Download Management, and you'll see the game update being downloaded in the background.

Of course, you'll have to play another game that doesn't pause downloads while the patch is being downloaded in the background.

You don't need to do this lol.

You can just set the console to download auto updates at a certain time, then when it begins, enter the console with the PS button. They will be moved to the download list, even though they are game updates. So long as you have given it a few minutes to attain them.

Yawnier

Banned
Can't decide whether to buy Ratchet & Clank Collection for $7.50...

Yes I would say so seeing as it equals to just $2.50 a game, I'm playing through Going Commando right now and I almost forgot how tough some of the later planets are. Still fun though.

You don't need to do this lol.

You can just set the console to download auto updates at a certain time, then when it begins, enter the console with the PS button. They will be moved to the download list, even though they are game updates. So long as you have given it a few minutes to attain them.

That works, too, but If someone wants to get the patch out of the way right now, they can do it the way I posted.

If you sign out of PSN, the vast majority of games will allow you to continue downloading in the background.
I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Jubern

I've been wondering something. I've seen people talking shit about PS+ because it was "just a glorified renting system" or such.

Now, I've always thought "what's the problem with that?" since I only lived in France an Japan, where game rentals either don't exist or are very limited and/or expensive (like 20 bucks/month to rent one game at a time).

In the US, does the "it's just rentals!" argument hold water? I think you guys actually have some decent game renting services, no?

sono

I am coming up to a year of PS+, and with BF3 now available(UK) it is causing me to seriously clean out the dross (demos, old vids, games I will never play again) on my 500G Hard drive.

Even considering upgrading. Whats the biggest HD the PS3 can take ?

Any likelihood of PS All Stars coming to Plus?

It's £13 on Game and my hand is hovering over the buy button.

This game and Lumines for Vita are the next two on my radar that I absolutely believe we will get through PS+

Passed up the $10 sale for Lumines on Amazon just because of it...

Even considering upgrading. Whats the biggest HD the PS3 can take ?
You need one that's 9.5 mm high. The biggest one I've seen that fits is 1 TB. If they're using FAT32 formatting then the biggest possible volume size would be 2 TB.

I just put in a 750 GB drive in my old launch PS3 and that will be enough to last me until the end of this generation.

PKrockin

I hope you all are playing Virtue's Last Reward.

Wow, the eShop sucks but at least it doesn't freeze almost every damn time I visit it like the PSN store on both the Vita and PS3. What the hell's going on here?

Vashetti

Banned
I hope you all are playing Virtue's Last Reward.

Wow, the eShop sucks but at least it doesn't freeze almost every damn time I visit it like the PSN store on both the Vita and PS3. What the hell's going on here?

It's trash.

Just use the online store.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I've been wondering something. I've seen people talking shit about PS+ because it was "just a glorified renting system" or such.

Now, I've always thought "what's the problem with that?" since I only lived in France an Japan, where game rentals either don't exist or are very limited and/or expensive (like 20 bucks/month to rent one game at a time).

In the US, does the "it's just rentals!" argument hold water? I think you guys actually have some decent game renting services, no?

I live in the US and while there are some renting services, they are far different from Plus. Yes, in a way we are just "renting" games with Plus as in they go away after a time, but the similarities end there. For one, you can't pick the games like you can with renting. But the time period you have the games is also far beyond what any other game service gives you. And not only that but games accumulate on Plus for the same flat fee, whereas in a renting scheme you would give back a game in order to get another.

So I think rental arguments are just weak criticisms that don't really have meaning because of the major major differences with Plus vs. the small similarities.

Khronico

Got me a copy of Mortal Kombat from the glorious $5 deal. Hypothetically, if the character pack goes on sale, is it worth getting? Seems like only 4 characters or so; are the characters worth the price?

Top Bottom