• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Tizoc

I hope you all are playing Virtue's Last Reward.

Wow, the eShop sucks but at least it doesn't freeze almost every damn time I visit it like the PSN store on both the Vita and PS3. What the hell's going on here?

I beat it the other day and got my FIRST Vita Platinum~

jvm

Gamasutra.
I beat it the other day and got my FIRST Vita Platinum~
I tried to go for the PvZ platinum on Vita. But, man that 40-wave survival trophy is out of reach for me. The system falls down and runs like crap once you get the screen full of plants and the zombies come 20+ at a time. And, for some reason, I keep forgetting that you can't kernelpult into a space where a plant sits. :p

I made it to wave 33. Took everything I had. Can't go any further.

Celegus

I tried to go for the PvZ platinum on Vita. But, man that 40-wave survival trophy is out of reach for me. The system falls down and runs like crap once you get the screen full of plants and the zombies come 20+ at a time. And, for some reason, I keep forgetting that you can't kernelpult into a space where a plant sits. :p

Those 8-way puffer shrooms are where it's at. Nothing can stand against them.

Joni

You need a variant on this.
1451239_f520.jpg

jvm

Gamasutra.
Those 8-way puffer shrooms are where it's at. Nothing can stand against them.
Using the outline I saw on Youtube, I had those set up. Had 3-4 of them in each pool row at the right and then a column of them in the back to guard against the miners. But my front line kept getting destroyed, especially when the Zombonis and red-eyed Gargantaurs show up. :(

You need a variant on this.
1451239_f520.jpg
Hm. Ok, that's different. I had a different arrangement with kernelpults. Will the above survive even without kernelpults? Is there a video of how to maintain this arrangement once the assault begins?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Using the outline I saw on Youtube, I had those set up. Had 3-4 of them in each pool row at the right and then a column of them in the back to guard against the miners. But my front line kept getting destroyed, especially when the Zombonis and red-eyed Gargantaurs show up. :(

Use Metal Spikes at the start where zombies start from
Zombonis drop hella' quickly to those

I wish Sony allowed game installs to external drives. My original 80GB is running out of space and it would be a lot more convenient since I already have an external drive just sitting here.

This. Everytime I see an awesome game I have to do a shuffle of picking what I want to delete. I'm still not sure why Street Fighter fits on 1 DVD on 360 but is 18 fricking gigs on the PS3. Anyways, I've thought about buying a new internal drive but then I think about how weekend ruining it will be to redownload and reinstall 120GB (my HDD size) worth of content from PSN and that idea flies out the window.

USB2 is fast enough imo. I installed a 360 game to a USB2 drive and didn't notice any difference in load times from running it off the DVD so that's good enough imo. Sony doesn't even sell HDDs so it's not like they'd be cutting off a revenue stream. I hope they add external support at some time.

Joni

Hm. Ok, that's different. I had a different arrangement with kernelpults. Will the above survive even without kernelpults? Is there a video of how to maintain this arrangement once the assault begins?
I don't have a video at hand. The cannons aren't suited for higher levels anyway, they take too long to reload and due to the framerate it is impossible to aim fast enough. Maintenance is replacing the plants you lose and placing the metal spikes as much as possible. They easily kill the giants and the vehicles. If you get in trouble; you activate the freezing mushrooms.

GraveRobberX

This is what I had found at ps3trophies.org forums.

I'll get back on this with some different strategies. Thanks for the support, guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFn1P5vD10

Don't use kernelpults after Wave 25, too much slow down, to archaic to manage

You should accumulate sun ASAP, I think by wave 15 have 5000+ saved up, and start adding more offense and remove sunflowers
Melonpaults especially upgraded help a fuck-ton with the slow add-on damage
Just keep a watch on the pumpkin barriers and pool area, if you think pumpkin barrier almost dead, remove and add a new one don't wait till it's gone, better to have fresh barriers than worn down ones that can fuck up your management

jvm

Gamasutra.
I don't have a video at hand. The cannons aren't suited for higher levels anyway, they take too long to reload and due to the framerate it is impossible to aim fast enough. Maintenance is replacing the plants you lose and placing the metal spikes as much as possible. They easily kill the giants and the vehicles. If you get in trouble; you activate the freezing mushrooms.
How do spikes kill giants? Don't the giants hammer the spikes before they step on them?

GraveRobberX

How do spikes kill giants? Don't the giants hammer the spikes before they step on them?

Melons kill the Gigantaurs + Shrooms smoke
The spikes destroy the zombonis place them at the starting squares at lest 2 lines on the grass

Oh by the way jvm

PS+:

O9oX9Nn.jpg

hehe

Joni

They take 3-4 swings to destroy the metal spikes slowing them down a lot and 'killing' them a lot quicker. Combined with the Ice melon and the mushrooms they are dead very quickly. The biggest danger probably is damage to your water column.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The spikes destroy the zombonis place them at the starting squares at lest 2 lines on the grass

Oh by the way jvm

PS+:

O9oX9Nn.jpg

hehe
Hahaha. Dude.

That's halfway through the PS4 generation! :)

Edit: I think that health warning link is there for people who obsessively add years to their PS+ subscriptions. ;)

GraveRobberX

Kneeling.gif

Do you get them at really good prices?

Start of PS+ - $49.99, got extra 3 month bonus
1st Birthday - $49.99, got extra 3 month bonus
PSNpocalypse, free 2 months added on + 2 weeks
Target fuck-up PS+ 1 year for $14.99, bought 2 years
Free For All PSASBR IGN Giveaway, kept 2 years, gave away 4+ years to GAF
Best Buy get PS+ 1 year for $40, used reward zone funny money, got 2 years for $20

So yeah I look out for deals and giveaways ^_^v

Hahaha. Dude.

That's halfway through the PS4 generation! :)

Edit: I think that health warning link is there for people who obsessively add years to their PS+ subscriptions. ;)

More like bring on PS5!

Quick

Banned
Opinions on Fight Night Champion? $6.00 is tempting, and I enjoyed past Fight Night games, but not enough to pay full price.

pixelpushr

Neo Member
So I just bought a PS+ sub a couple of days ago and wish I had done it earlier. Have they made any of the free games available more than once since PS+ has started? Wanting to grab some stuff I missed.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I just bought a PS+ sub a couple of days ago and wish I had done it earlier. Have they made any of the free games available more than once since PS+ has started? Wanting to grab some stuff I missed.
They don't do it often cause people tend to complain and when they do it it tends to be a retro game.

Joni

They don't do repeats, but they might include them in future sales.

Oh by the way jvm

PS+:

O9oX9Nn.jpg

hehe

So you can just extend the expiration date? I thought you had to wait until it was done. Good to know since I need to extend it before December this year.

GraveRobberX

storafötter;69329526 said:
So you can just extend the expiration date? I thought you had to wait until it was done. Good to know since I need to extend it before December this year.

Yeah PS+ years/months can be stacked

Waiting for another deal to get me to 2020

Anyone else here having an issue trying to "buy" Munch's Oddysee with Plus? It's supposed to be free, but it keeps trying to charge me $9.99.

I'm going through the site, not the system.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was just playing Vanquish and I got a notification saying the content would expire in 30 minutes, or something to that effect. What is that about?

I signed up on June 23rd, and near as I can tell Vanquish left the IGC on the 25th. I don't know what this message could mean.

I was just playing Vanquish and I got a notification saying the content would expire in 30 minutes, or something to that effect. What is that about?

I signed up on June 23rd, and near as I can tell Vanquish left the IGC on the 25th. I don't know what this message could mean.

Means your PS+ subscription is running out and it'll auto-renew/needs to topped up or or you can't continue. When your license time runs out, you have to sign up into PSN to let all your content from ps+ expand. If you already expanded it and it's just running down a previous trial/subscription it will do it on its own.

Dan

Means your PS+ subscription is running out and it'll auto-renew/needs to topped up or or you can't continue. When your license time runs out, you have to sign up into PSN to let all your content from ps+ expand.

But... I just did a year subscription on June 23rd. My system even says the service doesn't expire until 6/23/14. The only previous time I had PS+ was for like a month back in the summer of 2011, after the hacking thing.

*puzzled*

netguy503

Means your PS+ subscription is running out and it'll auto-renew/needs to topped up or or you can't continue. When your license time runs out, you have to sign up into PSN to let all your content from ps+ expand. If you already expanded it and it's just running down a previous trial/subscription it will do it on its own.

but it's no where near July 23rd so that doesn't really make sense....even if he signed up for only a month. :/

Killthee

It sounds like you downloaded a trial version instead of the full game, but I don't remember it ever getting a trial... Go to the XMB -> Vanquish -> press Triangle -> Information -> look for the expiration date. It should give you the exp for your sub if it's the full game.

Dan

It sounds like you downloaded a trial version instead of the full game, but I don't remember it ever getting a trial... Go to the XMB -> Vanquish -> press Triangle -> Information -> look for the expiration date. It should give you the exp for your sub if it's the full game.

Hmm, it says it expires in 347 days.

I'll just ignore and assume it was something wonky. I guess I'll find out soon enough if it suddenly stops working.

For now, thanks guys.

Edit: System just shut the game down, but then I booted it right back up without issue. Weird.

Killthee

Hmm, it says it expires in 347 days.

I'll just ignore and assume it was something wonky. I guess I'll find out soon enough if it suddenly stops working.

For now, thanks guys.

Edit: System just shut the game down, but then I booted it right back up without issue. Weird.
Weird, you should be safe though since it has the correct expiration date.

Did you launch any other games in the past hour, specifically any PS+ trials? I haven't bothered with them in a long time, but I do remember it spat out a similar warning and the timer continued counting down even after I quit the game. Maybe the system just assumed you were still playing the trial which is why it spat out the warning and booted you out of Vanquish.

Dan

Weird, you should be safe though since it has the correct expiration date.

Did you launch any other games in the past hour, specifically any PS+ trials? I haven't bothered with them in a long time, but I do remember it spat out a similar warning and the timer continued counting down even after I quit the game. Maybe the system just assumed you were still playing the trial which is why it spat out the warning and booted you out of Vanquish.

Nope. Only thing I've played in the last 24 hours was Vanquish. I don't think I've done any PS+ trials ever. But yeah, looking it up, it does sound like it'd be the message you get when a trial is ending.

Ah well. Just an odd, seemingly innocuous quirk.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

baekshi

Banned
I'm thinking about just swapping out hard drives on my slim 120GB ps3.

Would this be a good alternative?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136927

Also all i'd need to do is back up save data right?
I have this ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053YLTBC/?tag=neogaf0e-20 )
and has been working around 2 years now.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

If you have cloud, you can use that but if you don't or have protected save files then yeah.

BHK3

Banned
Nope. Only thing I've played in the last 24 hours was Vanquish. I don't think I've done any PS+ trials ever. But yeah, looking it up, it does sound like it'd be the message you get when a trial is ending.

Ah well. Just an odd, seemingly innocuous quirk.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

this will happen from time to time, the system will think the game is a trial version and then shut it down but it'll work when you boot it back up. I remember a couple days after I resubbed my borderlands did that.

I really hate to be the guy that asks a question that's probably been asked and answered a thousand times before, but I can't find 100% confirmation. Can you use PayPal to add funds to your wallet, then use those funds to pay for, say, three months of Playstation Plus? If it makes any difference, I'm in Europe.

Top Bottom