• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I really hate to be the guy that asks a question that's probably been asked and answered a thousand times before, but I can't find 100% confirmation. Can you use PayPal to add funds to your wallet, then use those funds to pay for, say, three months of Playstation Plus? If it makes any difference, I'm in Europe.

I don't think you can do it straight from PayPal by like logging in but, in the US at least, you can get a PayPal Mastercard that pulls from your PayPal account.

Azriell

I'm going to get PS+ some time in the near future. I understand it's bound to an account (not a system), and that you are free to move your account to a different PS3 and take your games with you. There are two PS3s in my house (my PS3 and my children's PS3). So my thinking is that I'll put PS+ on my account, and download the free games onto my PS3. But then also move my account over to my kids' PS3 and download them there as well. If their PS3 stays offline, would they be able to stay on my account and play my PS+ games while I'm online, signed into my account and playing my same games? Assuming they're in offline mode, would this not work?

Carl

I really hate to be the guy that asks a question that's probably been asked and answered a thousand times before, but I can't find 100% confirmation. Can you use PayPal to add funds to your wallet, then use those funds to pay for, say, three months of Playstation Plus? If it makes any difference, I'm in Europe.

You can! In the UK at least - i think it works in other areas of Europe

- Go to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
- Click your PSN name, and add wallet funds
- Use PayPal

:)

I'm going to get PS+ some time in the near future. I understand it's bound to an account (not a system), and that you are free to move your account to a different PS3 and take your games with you. There are two PS3s in my house (my PS3 and my children's PS3). So my thinking is that I'll put PS+ on my account, and download the free games onto my PS3. But then also move my account over to my kids' PS3 and download them there as well. If their PS3 stays offline, would they be able to stay on my account and play my PS+ games while I'm online, signed into my account and playing my same games? Assuming they're in offline mode, would this not work?

Both playstation 3 can play the same game at the same time, but not from the same account. You just need to keep your account there as a validator.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The license for PS3 PS+ games is system wide; as long as your account is activated on the second system they'll be able to play the games on your own account offline while your system is online or on their own account (offline & online).

The other PS+ perks (the discounts, the PSN avatars, Automatic Updates, cloud saves, and the Full Game Trials) are the items specifically restricted to your own account.

NA PS+ in July is awesome.

I only have Metal Slug XX on the PSP but I'd love to play it on the Vita.

So much goodness. Played the multiplayer of Battlefield 3 for 30 hours so far.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Hey, y'all. I just finished 40 flags on PSV PvZ. Thanks for helping me push through that.

Now I just need to do some leisurely playing through to get my last few plants in the Zen Garden, and I'll have my first PSV platinum.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey, y'all. I just finished 40 flags on PSV PvZ. Thanks for helping me push through that.

Now I just need to do some leisurely playing through to get my last few plants in the Zen Garden, and I'll have my first PSV platinum.

Excellent, come join the darkside jvm

Oh WTF!

Catch up fool!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Oh WTF!

Catch up fool!

6DREwrN.gif

:(

Someone has to work and pay for all these kids!

Azriell

Both playstation 3 can play the same game at the same time, but not from the same account. You just need to keep your account there as a validator.

The license for PS3 PS+ games is system wide; as long as your account is activated on the second system they'll be able to play the games on your own account offline while your system is online or on their own account (offline & online).

The other PS+ perks (the discounts, the PSN avatars, Automatic Updates, cloud saves, and the Full Game Trials) are the items specifically restricted to your own account.

Thanks for the answers. I have one more question. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up PS+ tomorrow or the next day, because I want to make sure I get Virtue's Last Reward while I can. But I don't have a Vita yet. My understanding is that you need to have the games in your download queue if you want to download them after their month is up. If this is accurate, is it possible to add Vita games to my PS3's download queue? Assuming my PS+ is still active when I get a Vita, will I still be ok to play it?

Killthee

Thanks for the answers. I have one more question. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up PS+ tomorrow or the next day, because I want to make sure I get Virtue's Last Reward while I can. But I don't have a Vita yet. My understanding is that you need to have the games in your download queue if you want to download them after their month is up. If this is accurate, is it possible to add Vita games to my PS3's download queue? Assuming my PS+ is still active when I get a Vita, will I still be ok to play it?
Yes to both. You can add the PS Vita games to your dowload queue via the PS3 Store or the SEN webstore. When/If you ever purchase a Vita you just need to log in to your account and then download the games via the download list.

lucius

Finally tried Kingdoms of Amalur from my IGC last night, why oh why did I not buy this game on release

Thank you Sony :)

I bought it day 1 and don't regret it, it never came to Plus in US, you do become over powered less than halfway through the game on normal so had to switch to hard, but no trophy until I replay from the start like that.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Aaaaaaaand done. Platinumed my first PS+ game: Plants vs Zombies on PSV.

Thanks, Sony! Except for Alive and Planting, I enjoyed most of the challenges in the trophies. Definitely a lot of fun on the PSV screen ... hope PvZ2 gets on PSV at some point.

And, I'll probably buy if it's reasonably priced, without waiting for PS+. The only reason I was excited to get free PvZ for PSV on PS+ was that I'd already played the crap out of the PS3 version, which I did pay full price for. Of course, with PvZ2 being F2P on iOS, who knows what will happen if it were considered for PSV or even PS3. Enough acronyms for you?

So I decided to burn a few minutes and go through that list of games from the first year. Here's what I came up with:

Total initial install size for PS3 compatible games: 173GB
Total initial install size for PSV compatible games: 20GB

Does not count space required to install or post-install patches. (I'm looking at you, Payday.) Figures are based on numbers reported by the web version of the PS Store.

10 Biggest PS3 PS+ Games June 2012 - May 2013
  1. Super Street Fighter IV (17.9GB)
  2. Infamous 2 (14.0GB)
  3. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (13.7GB)
  4. Vanquish (11.6GB)
  5. Darksiders (10.0GB)
  6. BioShock 2 (9.1GB)
  7. Demon’s Souls (8.0GB)
  8. Resident Evil 5 (7.4GB)
  9. Just Cause 2 (7.3GB)
  10. Sleeping Dogs (7.1GB)

That's 100GB just for these games...

How was uncharted 3 not on your list? That thing was like 40GBs wasn't it?

Azriell

Picked up PS+ this morning (thanks again to those who answered my questions earlier). My kids love LBP Karting, and I had a great time just watching them play it for a few hours. BF3, XCOM, and Saints 3 are all downloading now, and I'm super stoked to finally get into this thing. I have to say, it's both painful and infuriating to see all these great freebies I've missed out on, and I can't wait til I'm a few months in to help dull that pain.

Cyborg

Guys,

Can someone help me..I downloaded Rayman Origins for my PSVita and started playing the game. After an hour I got a message ''unlock the full version''

Wasnt Rayman a free download for PS+

Edit: Im in EU

Dragon

Banned
Guys,

Can someone help me..I downloaded Rayman Origins for my PSVita and started playing the game. After an hour I got a message ''unlock the full version''

You in NA or EU? I don't know about EU but I don't remember it being in NA.

desu

Guys,

Edit: Im in EU

Maybe you just bought the trial version? For some Vita PSN games there is a trial and the psn download (which is pretty confusing if you don't pay attention).

Roto13

Glad I recently played Datura for free from Japanese PS+ and learned that it sucks. I would have wasted $2.50 on it.

bluehat9

So my friend gave me a 3-month ps+ card. If I just throw that on my account now will it roll over to ps4? My current sub ends in december so I was just going to wait to buy until then, but if it will roll into ps4 when I put my account on one, I guess I can just do it now?

netguy503

Glad I recently played Datura for free from Japanese PS+ and learned that it sucks. I would have wasted $2.50 on it.

how do I get it for free? I'm thinking of buying it. I need those two gold's and silvers. Can it be played with just a DS3? I sold my move when I was selling everything to get my PS4.

Cudder

So my friend gave me a 3-month ps+ card. If I just throw that on my account now will it roll over to ps4? My current sub ends in december so I was just going to wait to buy until then, but if it will roll into ps4 when I put my account on one, I guess I can just do it now?

You can redeem it now and it will stack on your current membership.

Roto13

how do I get it for free? I'm thinking of buying it. I need those two gold's and silvers. Can it be played with just a DS3? I sold my move when I was selling everything to get my PS4.

Japan was doing a 15-day-trial thing for everyone a while ago but it's probably over. Datura was one of the games.

You can play it with a regular controller.

Killthee

PS+ subs will roll over to PS4. Using your 3 month card now will stack it on top of your current sub pushing back your Dec exp date to ~ March.

Create a Japanese account.
Go on the store,
Playstation Plus section
second item on the list
PS Plus 15

I think there's about a day left to grab it.

Killthee

are you still without a PS3? :(
I've had a slim for a few years now. I did go a few months without one after my second phat died out, but that was a long time ago. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

netguy503

Create a Japanese account.
Go on the store,
Playstation Plus section
second item on the list
PS Plus 15

I think there's about a day left to grab it.

I'm on vacation and away from my PS3 for at least another week. Is there anyone I can do this online and if so how? Thanks.

VITA line-up has been pretty disappointing for this month's PS+. Although some of the sales were pretty good. Here's hoping they have a better one in August.

Pjsprojects

So how in the hell is a 500gb hd in the PS4 going to be any where near enough?

Also are they going to up the download speeds....

So how in the hell is a 500gb hd in the PS4 going to be any where near enough?

You can get a TB HDD for under $100, whether it be internal or external. Would you prefer they add $100 for a 1TB version or you buy an external 1TB for $70 and now you have 1.5TB to play with?

Top Bottom