• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Westlo

I got the original DD on 360, but never got around to playing it, was hoping that Dark Arisen would end up on plus soon, Sony delivers!

Ted

I've been playing Motorstorm RC for the last two hours, and I'm really surprised at how great it is. Racing against your friends' ghosts is a classic feature, but I haven't had that much fun crushing their scores since Super Meat Boy. Plus the game looks lovely.

It's also a good fun local multiplayer game, four player on a decent sized screen is a treat and probably the closest thing I have found to a modern Micro Machines TT2.

Maxxan

If anyone from the US wants to try out EU Plus, I've got a 14 day trial code. First to quote gets a PM =) *couldn't find a dedicated giveaway thread that seemed suitable*

Somax

I'll never keep up with ps+ releases...
I'll need some extra time for playing everything I want, and I just subscribed in August!

(starting with dark arisen was a bad idea, I think)

is PokerNight, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and KoA:R still on the IGC list?

EDIT: looks like they are still up. so, when do these games come off the IGC list?

all I really wanted is Ico and Shadow of the Colossus so I'm going to try and wait for my PS4. and the PS4 does come with a free PS+ trial correct?

EDIT: KoA was a good game but I already 1000G 'd it on my 360

Yes to all.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be taken down when the store updates on Tuesday.

all I really wanted is Ico and Shadow of the Colossus so I'm going to try and wait for my PS4. and the PS4 does come with a free PS+ trial correct?

EDIT: KoA was a good game but I already 1000G 'd it on my 360
correct
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-2013-playstation-plus-free-trial-announced-for-ps4

14 days with some games like KZ SF giving you an extra 7 days as well (bolded announced at Gamescom so I am not sure if it is also plausible for NA)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I have to say Playstation Plus is looking more and more appealing to me every day. Cloud backup of your save files and free games all sound good. With PS4 coming soon though, I'm wondering if they will be having a new promotion coming soon on Plus signup ? I know one just ended earlier in October but the deal didn't seem that good.

DagsJT

The more free games we get, the worse I feel for not being a PS+ member since day one. Damn it!

Yep. I never really took any notice as I sold my PS3 ages ago. But having recently got a Vita, I really should've spent that £40 in the off-chance that it could pay off. Hell, I've spent £40 on crap games before and this would've been a nice investment.

Kicking myself.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This is weird: while playing Remember Me just now, I got a msg saying "this content will expire in 15 minutes". I just platinumed it so I quit out anyway, but should I be worried here? Should've let the game run to see if it locked me out. Hoping this is just some kind of bug.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
This is weird: while playing Remember Me just now, I got a msg saying "this content will expire in 15 minutes". I just platinumed it so I quit out anyway, but should I be worried here? Should've let the game run to see if it locked me out. Hoping this is just some kind of bug.
You might have downloaded the free trial or you downloaded it before you renewed your sub. Either way just go to your download list to redownload it. You don't have to redownload the full game, you just need the license for the game so cancel the download after the Activating screen fades away.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You might have downloaded the free trial or you downloaded it before you renewed your sub. Either way just go to your download list to redownload it. You don't have to redownload the full game, you just need the license for the game so cancel the download after the Activating screen fades away.

Don't see how it could be any of those two. Got my first sub (1 year + 3 months) in september, so no renewals. And I downloaded the version in the IGC... Nothing left do anyhow, so I deleted it. Hopefully I won't get that warning with other games.

It just does this sometimes, when the time runs out you get kicked to the XMB but you can just relaunch the game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hmm, when you make your pawn, it's better to make a larger one so they can carry more loot for you, leaving you unencumbered. XD

Edit: be warned that there's a very silly and mandatory "romance" system. By mandatory I mean that you build affinity with various NPCs (both the same and opposite sex of your character), in a way that you can barely control at all, and (very minor spoilers)
you'll eventually get a "romantic" cut scene with whichever NPC has the highest affinity with your character. This can be anyone from the main city's innkeeper (because you talked to him a lot... yes, not a joke) to someone you helped in a quest you did just to be completist. Very stupid system. If you want to avoid having a character you never intended to romance show up to kiss you, feel free to use a guide to make sure you control the affinity of your NPCs because it's completely non-intuitive.

Don't see how it could be any of those two. Got my first sub (1 year + 3 months) in september, so no renewals. And I downloaded the version in the IGC... Nothing left do anyhow, so I deleted it. Hopefully I won't get that warning with other games.

Not the same problem but I downloaded mafia 2 trial that I never started, then downloaded it again when it became free, I still had to go through the 1hr expiration thing, stupid but just be sure to save if required.

Anything I should know about Dragon's Dogma before playing it? I know next to nothing about this game but excited to play it tomorrow.

If you have PSN friends that have played before you can hire their pawns for free allowing you to have 2 npc followers that are at a higher level with decent stats, abilities and equipment.

Take a magic user with you so you can be auto healed.

Celegus

Uh oh, there goes my Kingdoms of Amalur playthrough. xD

Same here. It made a fantastic first impression, and then turned into an incredibly dull single player MMO. I'm about 20 hours in, about halfway across the map, haven't done any of the sidequests apart from the Factions quests, and it's just turning into a slog. Is it just going to be another 20 hours of the same thing? It was quite fun for a while, but it's really losing its luster. Does it ever pick up later on, or should I just jump into Dragon's Dogma and not waste my time?

So, anyone know what EU is getting this/next month?

For December: maybe Guacamelee. It was suppose to be free for PS+, but that got delayed.
Other than that, we know nothing for December yet.

November's games are already out:
Remember Me
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Vita version
Motorstorm RC
PS4 games Contrast and Resogun, coming on November 29

When does PSN usually update?

Between 11am to 2pm Pacific. PS+ offers usually don't show up until around 1pm.

Number45

Same here sir. I wish there was a way to get the other games.
I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this, but I wouldn't mind them rotating the odd older game back in (perhaps they could have a vote every few months for people to propose an old PS+ game) so that people that missed them could check them out. And I've been a member since day one EU.

Sotha_Sil

I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this, but I wouldn't mind them rotating the odd older game back in (perhaps they could have a vote every few months for people to propose an old PS+ game) so that people that missed them could check them out. And I've been a member since day one EU.

Yup. I missed out on Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Closure, Vanquish, Spec Ops, Deus Ex, The Cave, and Battlefap 3.

Another thing I'd like to see is the older PS3 exclusives. How about Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Folklore, or Valkyria Chronicles? I'm kinda surprised we never saw Killzone 2 drop to drum up a little more interest in Shadowfall.

Number45

Yup. I missed out on Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Closure, Vanquish, Spec Ops, Deus Ex, The Cave, and Battlefap 3.

Another thing I'd like to see is the older PS3 exclusives. How about Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Folklore, or Valkyria Chronicles? I'm kinda surprised we never saw Killzone 2 drop to drum up a little more interest in Shadowfall.
Yeah, no KZ is a surprise. Heavenly Sword, Folklore and VC however fall fowl of the "if it doesn't have trophies, it can't be on PS+ any more" (and I think one or more of them may even not be on PSN at all).

newark

Neo Member
So here's my doubt regarding PS+ instant collection:

I will buy a PS4 but i will buy it in february or something, but i already have a PS+ subscription because a have a PS3 and a Vita. Even if i don't have a PS4 can i "purchase" or "transfer" the PS4 games that will be in the instant game collection for the PS+ on PS3/Vita so when i buy a PS4 the games will be in the Download list and i will be able to download them even if they aren't in the PS+ Intant Game Collection anymore.

Can someone explain this? :D Thanks

Top Bottom