• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Blablurn

So here's my doubt regarding PS+ instant collection:

I will buy a PS4 but i will buy it in february or something, but i already have a PS+ subscription because a have a PS3 and a Vita. Even if i don't have a PS4 can i "purchase" or "transfer" the PS4 games that will be in the instant game collection for the PS+ on PS3/Vita so when i buy a PS4 the games will be in the Download list and i will be able to download them even if they aren't in the PS+ Intant Game Collection anymore.

Can someone explain this? :D Thanks

Should work without any problems. Just needs to be in your download list.

Anything I should know about Dragon's Dogma before playing it? I know next to nothing about this game but excited to play it tomorrow.

Travel only during the day. Make your pawn a Mage, unless u plan on being one. No need to respec early since you'll be able to at any time

Same here. It made a fantastic first impression, and then turned into an incredibly dull single player MMO. I'm about 20 hours in, about halfway across the map, haven't done any of the sidequests apart from the Factions quests, and it's just turning into a slog. Is it just going to be another 20 hours of the same thing? It was quite fun for a while, but it's really losing its luster. Does it ever pick up later on, or should I just jump into Dragon's Dogma and not waste my time?

Go to dogma. That's the problem with amalur. It's fun until u hit that slog. The world isn't interesting and the leveling is too frequent with little improvement. Dogma is much better on both regards

Number45

So here's my doubt regarding PS+ instant collection:

I will buy a PS4 but i will buy it in february or something, but i already have a PS+ subscription because a have a PS3 and a Vita. Even if i don't have a PS4 can i "purchase" or "transfer" the PS4 games that will be in the instant game collection for the PS+ on PS3/Vita so when i buy a PS4 the games will be in the Download list and i will be able to download them even if they aren't in the PS+ Intant Game Collection anymore.

Can someone explain this? :D Thanks
We have no reason to believe you won't be able to, but at the same time we won't know for sure until next week.

FDC1

It has been confirmed you can "purchase" PS4 games from the webstore to add them on your download list. It works the same way than before.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
For anyone planning on picking up a PS4 who happened to sign up for the $12 for 12 months of Music Unlimited promo last year, check your email. I just got an offer to extend it 3 more months for $3. I'm gonna turn off auto renewal and hopefully MP3/DLNA support will get patched in by the time my sub ends.

0U99Su1.png

I don't know how I should be dealing with this instant backlog collection. I'm usually pretty stingy, and make do with 1-2 games every quarter and play it to death. I try to platinum all games I purchase too.

Now with a vita + ps plus, I'm being showered with this "more games than I have time to play them" business. I only got into PS+ late in September, and the way I play games it's going to take more than a year to 'complete' everything... I find it tough to shift priorities.

Celegus

I don't know how I should be dealing with this instant backlog collection. I'm usually pretty stingy, and make do with 1-2 games every quarter and play it to death. I try to platinum all games I purchase too.

Now with a vita + ps plus, I'm being showered with this "more games than I have time to play them" business. I only got into PS+ late in September, and the way I play games it's going to take more than a year to 'complete' everything... I find it tough to shift priorities.

I used to be like that too, but with this many things you just have to try them out and stick with it for as long as it's fun. I'm about 50-50 on finishing PS+ games that I even bother downloading. It's an amazing service for the value, but you could easily turn a good thing (free games) into work instead of fun with that kind of mindset.

Celegus

Dragon's Dogma is up for grabs on the NA store.

Does anyone else hurry and grab it same day because you've got that feeling in the back of your mind that Sony screwed up and all these things aren't supposed to be free and will be removed soon?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Does anyone else hurry and grab it same day because you've got that feeling in the back of your mind that Sony screwed up and all these things aren't supposed to be free and will be removed soon?

lol

Slayven

The way it is downloading, it ain't no hurry too it.

RE_Player

For anyone planning on picking up a PS4 who happened to sign up for the $12 for 12 months of Music Unlimited promo last year, check your email. I just got an offer to extend it 3 more months for $3. I'm gonna turn off auto renewal and hopefully MP3/DLNA support will get patched in by the time my sub ends.

0U99Su1.png

I just did this. 3 extra months for $3 is well worth it in my opinion. I've found the service useful on my iPod and Vita.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

I tried to snag it while at work today because I was worried they'd say Dragon's Dogma was a mistake for NA and take it away :(

regarding DD:DA, i played it on the 360 and i had a previous save from the original game so i was able to get the unlimited ferrystones resulting in easier quick travel. now since i dont have a previous save for the PS3 im guessing no unlimited ferrystones for me?

pukko

Neo Member
I just did this. 3 extra months for $3 is well worth it in my opinion. I've found the service useful on my iPod and Vita.

I'm actually considering to switch to MU, but how/when to jump on? Paying full price seems stupid? But I can't use this deal since I'm not subscribing right now

For some reason I didn't sign up for the 12 months deal they had this summer either. Any indication that there will be any new offers this Christmas or when the ps4 is released?

jcm

0U99Su1.png

I didn't get the mail. I wonder if there's any way for me to get it anyway.

Calibus

Someone recommended Dragon's Dogma as a viable way to get your "Dark Souls" fix without playing DaS itself. I'll give it a try, because hey it's free.

0U99Su1.png
I did that also and I'm gonna use this promo as well

hurzelein

Thought the new batch of EU Plus games would be announced today - looked it up, should be next week. Pretty disappointed right now :)

Eusis

Someone recommended Dragon's Dogma as a viable way to get your "Dark Souls" fix without playing DaS itself. I'll give it a try, because hey it's free.
They're not that similar, it's kind of like recommending Dragon Quest to someone wanting another game like Final Fantasy.

Dunlop

I still haven't played Kingdoms of Amaleur. I don't know what I should play first.

Started it, it's pretty good but once I realized there will never be an update my interest waned

Thilled about Dragon's Dogma but I just started playing FF14 lol

snap0212

0U99Su1.png
Haven't gotten this promo, but I have had the cheap Music Unlimited for a while. If I can use that promo then I'll probably continue to be a paying subscriber. Though I'm a subscriber of Spotify as well simply because the management of playlists is better and because they have an app that isn't terrible. I would have no problem switching to Music Unlimited completely if the Apps were better. There isn't even an iPad App, IIRC, and the one on my Android phone is bad as well. Not sure what to do because I like the idea of streaming music to my console.

mclem

0U99Su1.png

I mean, I get what it does, but I'm slightly rankled by the fact that the blurb is basically "Pay us to keep your music".

jcm

Haven't gotten this promo, but I have had the cheap Music Unlimited for a while. If I can use that promo then I'll probably continue to be a paying subscriber. Though I'm a subscriber of Spotify as well simply because the management of playlists is better and because they have an app that isn't terrible. I would have no problem switching to Music Unlimited completely if the Apps were better. There isn't even an iPad App, IIRC, and the one on my Android phone is bad as well. Not sure what to do because I like the idea of streaming music to my console.

You can use the iphone app on ipad. It's pretty bad though.

Does anyone here know if it will be possible to buy a PS+ subscription from the US store on a EU PS4, perhaps by means of an alt account? If it is, any drawbacks to that? That's gonna save some serious money over the span of a generation.

Tizoc

Does anyone here know if it will be possible to buy a PS+ subscription from the US store on a EU PS4, perhaps by means of an alt account? If it is, any drawbacks to that? That's gonna save some serious money over the span of a generation.

Just use the US webstore:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

Buy 1 year of Plus for $50, have a US account on your PS4 and you should be set.
They've said nothing against having multiple accounts on a PS4 so far.

Ogawa-san

You can make an alt account and redeem the code from a prepaid US PS+ card bought elsewhere, like eBay or Play-Asia. You can't buy anything on US PSN without an US credit card or PayPal account, be it credits or a PS+ sub.

Ok thanks!

So, can I buy a PS+ sub from the US web store using a EU credit card or do I need an American one for that as I would for purchases from the console PS store?

snap0212

Ok thanks!

So, can I buy a PS+ sub from the US web store using a EU credit card or do I need an American one for that as I would for purchases from the console PS store?
Your European credit card will most likely not work. You can always get a prepaid card, though. There are many online stores selling those. Just pay there using your European credit card and they'll send you the code via email.

Just get the prepaid card at a place like hdmoviesource.com (that's where I get mine). Takes five minutes. :)

Tizoc

Ok thanks!

Nope, instead just buy US PSN codes via Amazon.com or Play-asia.com
That's how most of us do it really.

Faustek

Have there been any known issues of PS Plus games disappearing from download lists? Because a few of mine have disappeared :/

First time I heard it. Are you sure you "purchased" it? From the webstore or your PS3/Vita?

If not you should be able to just search for it and it should say "Free/Already Purchased/Download to all your PS3/Vita"

Tizoc

Cool, it doesn't sound like too much of a hassle then. Definitely going that way on PS4. Cheers guys!

Assuming the PS4 will use similar concepts to the PS3, any Plus game you get from EU or US Plus will be playable on any account on your PS4, however, online will be restricted to either your US or EU account.

Top Bottom