• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I didn't read all the comments so please forgive me, has there been any case where a game that was once free is no longer accessible if I delete it off my hard drive and want to download it again in the future?

fenners

I didn't read all the comments so please forgive me, has there been any case where a game that was once free is no longer accessible if I delete it off my hard drive and want to download it again in the future?

Nope, not that I know of. As long as your sub is active.

First time I heard it. Are you sure you "purchased" it? From the webstore or your PS3/Vita?

If not you should be able to just search for it and it should say "Free/Already Purchased/Download to all your PS3/Vita"

That's only true for items still listed in the store. At least some of the welcome back program games are separate items and require to find them in your download list to download.

Faustek

That's only true for items still listed in the store. At least some of the welcome back program games are separate items and require to find them in your download list to download.

what? I missed something..they removed games? or just store listings and they are still in your download list?

what? I missed something..they removed games? or just store listings and they are still in your download list?

I think the Welcome Back program free games (at least some of them) were new listings on the store specific to the program. For example when I search for LittleBigPlanet or Infamous they don't show up as purchased, but if I scan through the nearly 1000 items in my download list I can find them and download them. Also another issue is there is no guarantee of order for an items purchased before the store redesign. This is why we desperately need a download list search feature.

Edit: This apparently isn't the case for all Welcome Back Program games. Dead Nation is available to download. Unless we got that through PS+ as well.

Faustek

I think the Welcome Back program free games (at least some of them) were new listings on the store specific to the program. For example when I search for LittleBigPlanet or Infamous they don't show up as purchased, but if I scan through the nearly 1000 items in my download list I can find them and download them. Also another issue is there is no guarantee of order for an items purchased before the store redesign. This is why we desperately need a download list search feature.

Edit: This apparently isn't the case for all Welcome Back Program games. Dead Nation is available to download. Unless we got that through PS+ as well.

ahh yes, I remember now, bought Castlevania SOTN and Suikoden, they disappeared for me and when SOTN got released again it was gone, just mailed support and got it back in a few days but Suikoden is still un-re-released here in Sweden so I'm seriously bummed out about that :/

But hey that Download list search feature is pure gold, don't understand why it isn't there yet. Seems as a No brainer really.

jvm

Gamasutra.
There are games that can't be bought anymore because they were removed from the store. These can still be downloaded from your list of licenses. The one I know I have like that is Shift Extend, one of the better PS minis which was pulled when the publisher went bankrupt.

I recall there was some bug where Stacking (one of the first day-one free games on PS+) got turned into just the demo for people. Not sure if that affected PS+ people.

I had an issue where my Borderland Ultimate Bundle license was revoked by Sony without explanation. I had to bother them several times to get it fixed, and they eventually just added funds to my account for the game, and purchased it to add it to my account.

Is there a known example of something bought/acquired on PSN that can't still be accessed on PSN through the download list?

Roto13

Is there a known example of something bought/acquired on PSN that can't still be accessed on PSN through the download list?

Those Japanese import PS1 games that were removed from the store were removed from download lists and can't be redownloaded. At least mine was.

jvm

Gamasutra.
If you obtained flOw for free back in 02/2010 as a part of Sony promo, it will not be listed in download list to re-download.

http://community.us.playstation.com...ampaign-not-in-my-download-list/td-p/30963844

I recently upgraded HDD and found it the hard way... :(

Those Japanese import PS1 games that were removed from the store were removed from download lists and can't be redownloaded. At least mine was.
Both of those are horrible. I like my digital life, but these would really bum me out if I were bitten by them. :(

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sorry. But, what the F' framerate does Dragons Dogma run at? 15-20 ?! And I'm the last snob when it comes to framrate. I play games on my PC at 15-20 but it just doesn't work here.

Sotha_Sil

Sorry. But, what the F' framerate does Dragons Dogma run at? 15-20 ?! And I'm the last snob when it comes to framrate. I play games on my PC at 15-20 but it just doesn't work here.

I have issues with the game itself, but it has nothing to do with the framerate.

It's not a locked 30fps by any means, but I haven't come across a moment where it impeded gameplay.

BadWolf

Went with a Strider babe in Dragon's Dogma, so far so good. Made her look like one of my own characters lol.

And uh.... how important is dashing in this game? My R3 is sort of busted.

coolasj19

Went with a Strider babe in Dragon's Dogma, so far so good. Made her look like one of my own characters lol.

And uh.... how important is dashing in this game? My R3 is sort of busted.

So. Did. I.... If I'm gonna play a game for 10's of hours, I wanna stare at an attractive butt.

R3 is center camera for me. L3 is dash. Change your controls?

kai3345

Banned
Dragon's Dogma seems pretty tight from the hour I played of it so far. Anyone know where to buy armor and stuff though? I went into the sewer in the first town and my squad is getting absolutely wrecked.

androvsky

You can try asking for a refund, I got one. Still sucks they're gone, wanted to have Magical Drop F on my Vita.

coolasj19

Dragon's Dogma seems pretty tight from the hour I played of it so far. Anyone know where to buy armor and stuff though? I went into the sewer in the first town and my squad is getting absolutely wrecked.

I don't think we're supposed to go there that early. The Inn sells items. And to the west (Right, facing the ocean) of the Inn, next to the gate going to the outside of the first town there's another shop for stuff.

kai3345

Banned
I don't think we're supposed to go there that early. The Inn sells items. And to the west (Right, facing the ocean) of the Inn, next to the gate going to the outside of the first town there's another shop for stuff.

The Inn where you fight the Hydra? I only saw level up and Rest options. I'm probably just blind though.

coolasj19

Also, ROFL. The Rift is filled to the rim with only female avatar. Nobody wants to be a dude xD

Not sure if this has been brought up, but the original post should be updated to include the addition of the $9.99/month option. It's apparently been there since shortly after E3.

Hurf

Neo Member
Would these work with a PS3? My monitor will take HDMI input but has no speakers.

Reading about GT6 and PS+ has me suddenly wanting a Playstation but I haven't owned a TV in years and don't particularly want one.

i don't have a vita yet but i keep grabbing the games for when i do. any idea when uncharted and gravity rush will be switched out for new vita games?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It looks like they're planning on offering some sort of PS+ perks for PS4 F2P games; 3 F2P devs have now said they'll be offering something to PS+ members.

War Thunder:
Anyone will be able to download War Thunder from PlayStation®Store for free and play it without any restrictions. In addition, owners of PlayStation®Plus subscription will get some bonus content, and some exclusive content will be provided for all PS4 owners. War Thunder for the PS4 is the exciting continuation of the brand. Each iteration of War Thunder is unique and takes full technical advantage of its platform. Over 3 million players already know the enjoyment of raining down aerial destruction via the PC-version of War Thunder and this fan base continues exponential growth with the recent release on Steam digital distribution platform.

DCUO:
@jaydawg6958: Will the subscription model change? (source)
Andersen: No. There is no change to the current membership models. There is an additional perk for players that are PlayStation Plus subscribers, but that’s more of an addition than a change. I don’t have the final details on what that benefit is right now.

Warframe:
So what about post-launch? DE will continue to bring more stuff to the community, including PS+ members, so keep an eye out. We expect to have regular content updates on PS4 similar to what we’ve done with the PC Beta, and we’ll keep you up to date through Facebook, Twitter and the official PS4 Forums, which will go live on launch day at www.warframe.com. Join the community and tell us what you think of the game; constant updates mean fast fixes and changes based on your feedback!

Would these work with a PS3? My monitor will take HDMI input but has no speakers.

Reading about GT6 and PS+ has me suddenly wanting a Playstation but I haven't owned a TV in years and don't particularly want one.
I don't think that headset is fully compatible. You might get voice chat on it, but afaik neither the PS3 or PS4 is able to transmit game audio to third party headsets via USB. Your options for game audio are limited to first party USB headsets and 3.5mm headsets that connect via analog stereo or optical.

i don't have a vita yet but i keep grabbing the games for when i do. any idea when uncharted and gravity rush will be switched out for new vita games?
The 1 year mark for them hits later this month, but they haven't confirmed when they'll be rotating them out.

Nope, not that I know of. As long as your sub is active.

Ok thanks but I remember reading this when I downloaded LBP Karting

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-new-fixtures-in-the-instant-game-collection/

As many of you keenly observed in Monday’s PlayStation Plus blog post, three PS3 Full Games – LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One – have only four days left in the Instant Game Collection. This means that it’s your last chance to download these great titles as they’ll be stepping down after a year of faithful PS Plus service.

Massa

Ok thanks but I remember reading this when I downloaded LBP Karting

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-new-fixtures-in-the-instant-game-collection/

As many of you keenly observed in Monday’s PlayStation Plus blog post, three PS3 Full Games – LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One – have only four days left in the Instant Game Collection. This means that it’s your last chance to download these great titles as they’ll be stepping down after a year of faithful PS Plus service.

That meant you had 4 days to subscribe to PS+ and "purchase" the games for free.

Number45

Looking through the results, it sounds like you'll be able to use it as a headset but not for game audio. :(

Looks like the official (Pulse) headsets are the only ones that will support game audio via USB.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looking through the results, it sounds like you'll be able to use it as a headset but not for game audio. :(

Looks like the official (Pulse) headsets are the only ones that will support game audio via USB.

Yeah, but those pulse sets don't have a mic as far as I can tell... so wtf.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My Pulse definitely has a mic built in. Kinda dissapointing I won't be able to use it at launch, but hopefully they add support soon.

Really? Guess I should have examined it more closely.

BadWolf

Dragon's Dogma is so damn good, a few hours in now.

The game feels like a great big adventure with that huge world and the combat is nice and fast. I really enjoy just wandering of and exploring.

Still rocking the Strider but will probably switch to Fighter soon to get some of those stats and then settle on Assassin after that.

Celegus

Dragon's Dogma finally finished downloading, so I told it to install when I got home from work at 6. It got to 82% and froze so I had to power down the system. It crashed again when trying to delete the corrupted data it started installing, had to power down. Finally got that cleared out and tried it again, stalled out installing at 92% and had to power down - this was at midnight. Someone out there really doesn't want me to play this game.

lucius

Dragons Dogma: DA is great, but I'm still kind of bothered with some design choices like not being able to tell main story quest and side quests because you end up not being able to do them if you continue the main story by accident. The Eternal Ferrystone helps with travel but you still need Portcrystals. Also I think you really should be able to do a quick save anywhere in this type of game. The gameplay is very fun though and this is probably still an underrated RPG, should have sold even better.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Amalur is such a huge game. I've already done 50 quests but I don't know if I'm even halfway done.

Look at the map. You will visit every corner of it. I think there are a ton of quests, near 300 total, and you will eventually get bored of the basic fetch ones.

Donos

Amalur is such a huge game. I've already done 50 quests but I don't know if I'm even halfway done.

Believe me, for every quest you try to finish, you'll find 4 more. Do the bigger "house of" Quest and some sidequest till you think you are strong enough. Once i got fed up with all the side quests i just straight went through the main quest and nothing was even close to my league anymore. So far i would put Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen over Amalur. Not excactly the same games but still.

Top Bottom