• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Tizoc

I already have JSR for PS3 AND Vita, but Draw Slasher has been on sale since last month, did no one really buy this game?

Has there been any talk, official or otherwise, on the future of plus on the ps3, including those who will own a ps3,4 and vita once next gen rolls around?

Additionally I just don't see how Sony is going to still offer a free ps4 game a month so early in the gen. How would they be able to do it?
I'll be rather disappointed if plus becomes little more than a carbon copy of xblwith multiplayer being the main motivation behind the subcription. I currently have three years of plus paid for, not to expire until 2016, should Sony shit the bed with plus on the ps4, I simply won't renew. I currently have and dislike xbl, the prospect of another service like it worries me.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope the early leak is indeed true because I've been wanting to play Spec Ops for a while.

Even if it's true we don't know the 3rd PS3 game but if I had to guess Rayman: Origins PS3 is a pretty good candidate.

They only just gave us Rayman: Origins on Vita.

kiyomi

Has there been any talk, official or otherwise, on the future of plus on the ps3, including those who will own a ps3,4 and vita once next gen rolls around?
I just don't see how Sony is going to still offer a free ps4 game a month so early in the gen. I'll be rather disappointed if plus becomes little more than a carbon copy of xblwith multiplayer being the main motivation behind the subcription. I currently have three years of plus paid for, not to expire until 2016, should Sony shit the bed with plus on the ps4, I simply won't renew. I currently have and dislike xbl, the prospect of another service like it worries me.

I find it hard to believe how they'd push the PS3 entirely out of the picture. Since one subscription covers the PS3, Vita, and PS4, Sony will still be able to market it as a service that not only allows you to play your PS4 online, but ensures you won't want to throw away your PS3 any time soon. I'd imagine most of the early PS4 audience is likely to already have a PS+ subscription.

Sony have to a degree already set their stall out with PS+ and PS4, with the edition of Driveclub on day one. It's easy to see how once there are a few bargain bin titles lying around in the wake of the PS4's launch, that those would be the easy choices for early IGC titles.

Ok, so Jet Set comes tomorrow? I was reading CAG and their PS+ thread said JSR was free with PS+ so I went online and bought a subscription, only to see no mother fucking JSR. Good to know it will be here tomorrow.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Additionally I just don't see how Sony is going to still offer a free ps4 game a month so early in the gen. How would they be able to do it?
Indie titles. 3 of the 4 announced plus games are indies (Don't Starve, Outlast and Secret Ponchos). Even the 1 IGC title isn't a full retail game. I'm really not expecting much out of the games during the first year. I'm hoping the discounts will be good and they expand the IGC during year 2.

I find it hard to believe how they'd push the PS3 entirely out of the picture. Since one subscription covers the PS3, Vita, and PS4, Sony will still be able to market it as a service that not only allows you to play your PS4 online, but ensures you won't want to throw away your PS3 any time soon. I'd imagine most of the early PS4 audience is likely to already have a PS+ subscription.

Sony have to a degree already set their stall out with PS+ and PS4, with the edition of Driveclub on day one. It's easy to see how once there are a few bargain bin titles lying around in the wake of the PS4's launch, that those would be the easy choices for early IGC titles.
I don't truthfully think they'd drop ps3 support as it would create a ton of bad blood with existing ps3 owners that don't purchase a ps4 at launch. I suppose I was wondering if they'd make ps3/4 owners choose which console has plus activated on, then remove it from the other. There is nothing Sony did that would lead me to believe they'd do that, just a thought that popped into my head is all.

You have a good point with the bargin bin. As much as I'd rather great launch games, shit and poor selling games would be a good fit for plus in the beginning from a realistic POV.

Indie titles. 3 of the 4 announced plus games are indies (Don't Starve, Outlast and Secret Ponchos). I'm really not expecting much out of the games during the first year. I'm hoping the discounts will be good and they expand the IGC during year 2.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you totally, as it stands with plus now I though Indies are already part of the monthly program.

Wow lol, I've had plus for a year and just realized right now that I've never actually paid attention to what type of game gets released within a month. I guess I've always assumed it was: The first release is retail, second is indy(psn), third vita and the fouth... Shit, I dunno? Is it psp/vita/psn?

Killthee

Not that I'm disagreeing with you totally, as it stands with plus now I though Indies are already part of the monthly program.

Wow lol, I've had plus for a year and just realized right now that I've never actually paid attention to what type of game gets released within a month. I guess I've always assumed it was: The first release is retail, second is indy(psn), third vita and the fouth... Shit, I dunno? Is it psp/vita/psn?
They are a part of the program right now, but in the US they're usually titles that have been out for at least a few months. For the PS4 I think they're gonna make them the focal point of the free games and start offering them Day 1 during that first year. I'm basing this on what Tretton said on stage during E3, "a new title every month" and announcing the 3 indie titles. Hopefully the discounts make up for the low number of free games that first year.

As for the current schedule in the US it's something like PS3 retail, PSN, PSN, Vita PSN, PSP/Vita.

Something the OP doesn't specify:

When my sub runs out, do I have to re-sub within a given amount of time to get access to my IGC games back?

Eusis

When my sub runs out, do I have to re-sub within a given amount of time to get access to my IGC games back?
Far as we know, no, not in America anyway. I tried trial periods before committing myself, and I have access to those games still. Still, one of those was from that 2011 outage so it's not like we seriously stressed it, though that does imply over a year's fine.

Killthee

Nope. There's no set time limit, you can come back whenever to regain access to your old plus games.

Ocaso

So, in case anyone else decided to jump in on the Prince of Persia trilogy sale, be aware that you have to disable surround sound in the settings or else be subjected to some of the most horribly distorted audio in history. How this was not caught in testing and how it has not been patched since release is beyond me, but aside from that it seems to be a solid port, at least up to where I've played of the first game.

KillGore

9272818660_9f75e986f2_z.jpg

Is sorcery worth it for $5? Looking for a move game.

netguy503

Is sorcery worth it for $5? Looking for a move game.

Seeing this game bummed me out that I sold my move without thinking that I still had this in my DL history untouched (there was another sale months ago when this was $5.00 and I got it then) because I wanted to help pay for my PS4). Should I be bummed? Am I missing a lot? I mean I'm getting a PS4 for "free" (b/c of trade ins) because of it.

Oh well, I'm glad the PS4 is coming with the Move controller in the normal controller so I don't have to buy that shit again.

Massa

Seeing this game bummed me out that I sold my move without thinking that I still had this in my DL history untouched (there was another sale months ago when this was $5.00 and I got it then) because I wanted to help pay for my PS4). Should I be bummed? Am I missing a lot? I mean I'm getting a PS4 for "free" (b/c of trade ins) because of it.

Oh well, I'm glad the PS4 is coming with the Move controller in the normal controller so I don't have to buy that shit again.

The Dual Shock 4 is not a Move controller, you'll actually be able to use the Move with the PS4... assuming anyone dares make a PS4 game that uses Move.

netguy503

The Dual Shock 4 is not a Move controller, you'll actually be able to use the Move with the PS4... assuming anyone dares make a PS4 game that uses Move.

Didn't the media molecule game already confirm a move game was coming? And I thought the DS4 was a move controller....that is what the light bar is on it for right?

Jubern

People who want to get the 15-day free PS+ from Japanese Store and the current selection of PS+ games might want to hurry up as the JP PS+ will be refreshed tomorrow (in 20-ish hours?).

Going out:
- 15 days free PS+ coupon;
- Nikori no Puzzle V (Vita) (don't ask me what this is);
- Neutopia I & II (PC Engine Game Archives);
- Trails in the Sky FC (PSP);
- Altered Beast (PSN);
- Virtue's Last Reward (Vita);
- Time Travellers (Vita and PSP);
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Vita);
- Malicious (PS3).

I have no idea what it is, but Ciel no Surge (from Gust) is coming in. No idea of what else, but it's fait to expect a few more Vita/PSP games with a couple of Game Archives/PSN games thrown into the mix.

Really looking forward to the EU PSN update too, if that leak is true. Wanted to play Spec Ops: The Line and I might just play DmC, since I loved the previous ones.

Number45

Didn't the media molecule game already confirm a move game was coming? And I thought the DS4 was a move controller....that is what the light bar is on it for right?
As far as I'm aware it doesn't provide the full Move functionality, so those games that are designed only for Move I don't think will work on the DS4.

wilflare

People who want to get the 15-day free PS+ from Japanese Store and the current selection of PS+ games might want to hurry up as the JP PS+ will be refreshed tomorrow (in 20-ish hours?).

Going out:
- Altered Beast (PSN);
- Malicious (PS3).

I have no idea what it is, but Ciel no Surge (from Gust) is coming in. No idea of what else, but it's fait to expect a few more Vita/PSP games with a couple of Game Archives/PSN games thrown into the mix.

Really looking forward to the EU PSN update too, if that leak is true. Wanted to play Spec Ops: The Line and I might just play DmC, since I loved the previous ones.

any guide to create a PSN JP account?

jvm

Gamasutra.
That used to be link in the OP of the store threads, I assume it still is.

EDIT: Yup, still there.

EDIT2: WTF is up with that link?
That's a tracking service that NeoGAF uses on outgoing links. There is a thread about it from when it started and EviLore explained it. Freaked me out at the time since I figured I had some malware modifying my web browser behavior.

netguy503

Trine 2 is on sale as well. Didn't notice it up last night so it must be new.

Trine 2 $14.99 - $3.49

Is that US? $3.50 for a plat that can be had in an hour. VERY good. And the guy who posted this only just got his first plat ever. I say buy this game and start fueling your new addiction. :)

netguy503

I think I'm just gonna give up and pay the $2.50 for Datura. I'm on vacation and have limited time, trying to read the JP Sony stor is a pain (and that video tutorial is only for the online version), just ugh all around. :(

I've bought worse games for more than $2.50 before (and I'm getting the new DMC without paying a cent to it because of my EU account so it kinda evens out). :)

breakfuss

I think I'm just gonna give up and pay the $2.50 for Datura. I'm on vacation and have limited time, trying to read the JP Sony stor is a pain (and that video tutorial is only for the online version), just ugh all around. :(

I've bought worse games for more than $2.50 before (and I'm getting the new DMC without paying a cent to it because of my EU account so it kinda evens out). :)

Don't do it.

netguy503

Don't do it.

But it's a 3D game (I have a 3D TV- I did not know this before so might be nice just for that) and it has two easy gold trophies and silvers.

But fuck the game is 850 MB. REALLY?

Btw, is the JP version in English? If not, I'm really not going through this hassle. I can earn back $2.50 in like a second at work.

Roto13

But it's a 3D game (I have a 3D TV- I did not know this before so might be nice just for that) and it has two easy gold trophies and silvers.

But fuck the game is 850 MB. REALLY?

Btw, is the JP version in English? If not, I'm really not going through this hassle. I can earn back $2.50 in like a second at work.

It's in English.

And it seriously sucks, don't pay money for it.

impact

Banned
Going out:
- Altered Beast (PSN);
- Malicious (PS3)..
Damn and I thought we were getting the shaft in the US.

netguy503

Damn and I thought we were getting the shaft in the US.

The majority of those games don't have trophies so I don't really care about them. JP PS+ is what I'm hoping PS+ on PS4 in the US doesn't turn into.

Still hoping that EU plus gets something like Knack: PS+ edition so that's two games I don't have to buy when PS4 launches. :) (that would definitely make up for my $2.50 purchase of Datura lol)

Going out:
- Altered Beast (PSN);
- Malicious (PS3).

How do get the free 15 days? I'm in the store, but don't see it.

Edit: NM I found it.

Tizoc

last minute advice, guys. Alice...yay/nay?

Tough call.
Alice MR's stages are VERY long, such that you'd wonder when they would ever freakin' end. The gameplay is good though, but if you can handle the length of the stages, I'd say go for it.

Top Bottom