• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

MisterM

Yes, EU store is updated and PS+ content is ready for download right now.

Yiss!! Guacamelee in my pocket!

I'm considering buying a PS3 because I have about 10 games in my Instant Game Collection list and I'd like GT6. I have a Vita and won't be getting a PS4 until early next year...worth it?

Danziger

I think that games in digital version should cost much less than those sold in stores ...

For example 39.99 € instead of 59.99 or 69.99 ....

it is unacceptable that there is little difference in price today ...

Petrie

Banned
I think that games in digital version should cost much less than those sold in stores ...

For example 39.99 € instead of 59.99 or 69.99 ....

it is unacceptable that there is little difference in price today ...

Companies are unlikely to agree given that they see it as you purchasing the rights to the data either way, the box and disk are a bonus.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Do we know what will be the PS4 PS+ free game for decembre?
In NA? The blog post is going up later today, we should be getting at least one new indie game.

I would assume that the current PS4 games will be available for more than a month, like the two Vita games they had going all year.
Originally DriveClub was supposed to stick around all year and Resogun was a one month game. I'm leaning towards them leaving Contrast up since it was the DC replacement game and swapping Resogun out with whatever game they had planned for December.

Killthee

.la1n

Are the MK characters on sale for NA PSN as well?

edit: nope :( guess I am never going to get to play as Kenshi or Rain.

plake

Do we know what will be the PS4 PS+ free game for decembre?

Aren't those November?

I thought we were supposed to get a new one for December.

Resogun and Contrast are the PS4 games for December. They're simply updating the game selection a few days earlier than actual 1st of December. Following that logic they should be announcing the PS+ games for January around mid December, along with a release of that selection at the end of December.

Killthee

Thats not out until Jan though. The only other candidates are Trine 2, Supermotherlode, or Sound Shapes. I think flower has been given away before.
I think they'll avoid adding those games cause of the potential backlash they would get for making them free so soon after their release date. From the list of games scheduled for a Dec launch I'd say the Dec candidates are Tiny Brains, Doki Doki Universe (full game), Basement Crawl, or Awesomenauts Assemble (probably not since the PS3 version was free).

netguy503

I think they'll avoid adding those games cause of the potential backlash they would get for making them free so soon after their release date. From the list of games scheduled for a Dec launch I'd say the Dec candidates are Tiny Brains, Doki Doki Universe (full game), Basement Crawl, or Awesomenauts Assemble (probably not since the PS3 version was free).

Read above.....Tiny Brains gets a plus discount. Making it free the week of a plus discount on the game would be an oxymoron, no?

I think that's coming out in January.

Yep, then I think feb and march are Binding of Isaac and Outlast. Hmmm... makes me think if that is the case then april would most likely be Driveclub Plus Ed if it's still supposed to be releasing in early 2014. Probably won't be anything free for December.

PS4 plus is likely to be slow in building up a good head of steam the first year from the looks of it :/

Killthee

Read above.....Tiny Brains gets a plus discount. Making it free the week of a plus discount on the game would be an oxymoron, no?
I only saw the Euro discount when I checked the OT, but I see now NA is also getting a discount. Scratch that one off the list then ; )

BibiMaghoo

In NA? The blog post is going up later today, we should be getting at least one new indie game.

Originally DriveClub was supposed to stick around all year and Resogun was a one month game. I'm leaning towards them leaving Contrast up since it was the DC replacement game and swapping Resogun out with whatever game they had planned for December.

I would agree on principle, but I think the poor contrast reviews will play a part in removing it, and likewise the good reviews for Resogun will play a part in keeping it there. They want to be able to say ''look as this great scoring game that is free for you''. Contrast doesn't do that for them. I think generally, we will see the best scored games staying in the program the longest.

I assumed it'd be Don't Starve.

This is almost certainly next year. It is not released until then. It will not be on PS+ earlier.

Nokterian

Melons kill the Gigantaurs + Shrooms smoke
The spikes destroy the zombonis place them at the starting squares at lest 2 lines on the grass

Oh by the way jvm

PS+:

O9oX9Nn.jpg

hehe

Where can i find this on my vita?

PBY

Banned
Nothing brings out the whining like an awesome deal that people can irrationally wish were better. ;)

Im a new Ps+ user. Youd think they would want to hook up their early adopters on the Ps4 and convince those people using the free 30 days to buy a full year sub. I get that theres not a ton of content/games, but shit, I'd love free Flower or something like that.

Massa

Im a new Ps+ user. Youd think they would want to hook up their early adopters on the Ps4 and convince those people using the free 30 days to buy a full year sub. I get that theres not a ton of content/games, but shit, I'd love free Flower or something like that.

That's why I'm hoping the competition will step up, Sony's getting away too easily at the moment.

ascii42

Yeah. Driveclub getting delayed probably screwed with their plans. They probably figured a trimmed-down version of a full priced game for launch would have been sufficient for a while.

Minamu

This is probably asked like once a week but cheapxboxlivecodes.com are selling UK specific (?) PS+ 1 year memberships for £35.99. Would such a code work in Sweden? Their Live codes doesn't mention a country requirement so I'm not sure if I should buy it or not.

Vally

Just bought a 3 months subscription and I'm already overwhelmed by the amount of free games... 8 PS3 games right out of the gate, plus all the stuff for Vita and PS4 that I can't play yet but will start to hoard anyway. I'll definitely keep subscribing in the future.

Guacamelee is awesome, I'm enjoying the game a lot and the framerate is so smooth.

Jedi2016

I wouldn't call ps+ a no brainer. to get the most out of plus you need to be someone who enjoys playing random games... if you are someone who only plays a select few genre or franchises ps+ likely won't be a great offer.
I'm very picky about my games, and I'd still call it a no-brainer. After about four or five months now, I've only downloaded a few titles, but their combined worth is already more than I paid for the year subscription. Hell, the free offers at PS4 launch alone are worth more than half the subscription.

Yeah, you get the "most" out of it if you download and play absolutely everything they throw at you, but you still get ahead of the curve even if you only download half a dozen titles in a year.

rCIZZLE

Do digital game purchases from amazon count towards the buy 60 get 10 promo? I'm thinking of buying a few cheap games through the amazon psn store.

Top Bottom