• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BumRush

Stupid question: I only have an 8gb vita card. If I download golden abyss and then delete it, if it's removed from PS+ will I still be able to dl it for free?? Thank you!

Spiegel

Stupid question: I only have an 8gb vita card. If I download golden abyss and then delete it, if it's removed from PS+ will I still be able to dl it for free?? Thank you!

Of course, you can re-download any game you have purchased for free with Plus if you are a member of the service.

wizzbang

Banned
Does anyone know how I can queue up all the games for my PS3 for download ONLY at a specific time?
I know I can set the patching to be 02:00am or something on the console - but if I add a shitload to my donwload queue now, then play my console for the evening, won't it try and download?

I specifically want my download at 02:00am

Downhome

Oh man, the Bioshock Infinite Price!

Even better is that I had $10 from my PS4 purchase so I only paid $4 for this one out of pocket. Awesome!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does anyone know how I can queue up all the games for my PS3 for download ONLY at a specific time?
I know I can set the patching to be 02:00am or something on the console - but if I add a shitload to my donwload queue now, then play my console for the evening, won't it try and download?

I specifically want my download at 02:00am
The games will try to download right now if you add them using your console, but they'll automatically pause if the network connection is enabled by a mp game or an app.

If you still only want your downloads to occur at 2:00 AM, go to Settings -> System Settings -> Automatic Updates -> make sure "Download content items purchased with other devices" is enabled and the update time is set to 2AM.

Then go to the webstore and add the games to your queue.

As long as you don't idle on the XMB, the downloads wont get pushed to your system until it does the daily check for updates. Be aware though that Automatic Updates will not keep your system up all night. The system will auto shutdown after ~2 hours even if you still have some incomplete downloads and they will download in the background while playing single player games the next time you turn on your system.

wizzbang

Banned
The games will try to download right now if you add them using your console, but they'll automatically pause if the network connection is enabled by a mp game or an app.

If you still only want your downloads to occur at 2:00 AM, go to Settings -> System Settings -> Automatic Updates -> make sure "Download content items purchased with other devices" is enabled and the update time is set to 2AM.

Then go to the webstore and add the games to your queue.

As long as you don't idle on the XMB, the downloads wont get pushed to your system until it does the daily check for updates. Be aware though that Automatic Updates will not keep your system up all night. The system will auto shutdown after ~2 hours even if you still have some incomplete downloads and they will download in the background while playing single player games the next time you turn on your system.

Ok thanks man I've changed the time to 02:00am and chosen other devices.
Can I also clarify, it won't download anything I buy on the web based store, no matter what, unless I put it in my queue? (This is how I'd hope it behaves)

Second question, PS4 - how does this work? Can you remotely turn it on and download NOW? or is it too, schedule based?

Anyone know how this works with 2 PSN+ accounts. I'll have AU and US accounts both with Plus, I assume whatever is in the queue for either account will pull down?

Finally! (sorry)
What happens if I buy say Hotline Miami for PSN US and Hotline Miami for PSN AU? will it download it twice?

BL2 would be nice if I didn't already have it. No interest in Grid. I heard good things about Dyad. Glad I didn't buy it. Buying indie games on Sony systems seems like a bad move since the good ones usually end up being given away.

I wish we were getting some of the EU titles like Metal Gear Rising, Catherine, DMC. It's AAA fiesta over there.

Flandy

Never. They don't intend on doing that either.

Are you positive? I swear there were repeats pre IGC. I know the Genesis Sonic games got repeated but they were treated as a bonus game and not the main game for that week

Yea I would like to know this as well. If so I'm buying it.

Yeah I'd like to know because I bought the retail version for $20 since it was on sale for Black Friday. Even if it does come with it I'll probably end up keeping it.

alba

Little is the new Big
Ok so I bought a PS+ card code on Amazon during the sale, trying to redeem it on PS4 but everytime I enter the code the store just closes down and I'm back to XMB. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I redeemed the 30 days free from the box and I have to wait until that expires to put in the new one or what? :(

Redeemed my year-long PS+ subscription today. Any idea how long that takes to register on the site? I tried to pick up Resogun and Contrast for when I eventually get a PS4 but the site doesn't recognize me as having the subscription activated.

Ok so I bought a PS+ card code on Amazon during the sale, trying to redeem it on PS4 but everytime I enter the code the store just closes down and I'm back to XMB. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I redeemed the 30 days free from the box and I have to wait until that expires to put in the new one or what? :(
You're not doing anything wrong. They've suspended the ability to redeem codes in order to allay some of the network issues they've been having today.

wizzbang

Banned
Hasn't happened yet. If it did people with subscriptions who already have the repeated game would probably be annoyed.

For a second I was about to reply with WTF but I guess I see where you're coming from.
I guess if they ever go from 3 to 4 games or something?
I suspect with the new lack of software for the first 18 months of changing platforms, we're gonna see some old stuff come back.

spwolf

For a second I was about to reply with WTF but I guess I see where you're coming from.
I guess if they ever go from 3 to 4 games or something?
I suspect with the new lack of software for the first 18 months of changing platforms, we're gonna see some old stuff come back.

that certainly wont happen... they will have total of 70+ games out in few months, let alone 18.

womp

So I just bought two download codes from Amazon for PSN, a $20 and a $10 one. The $20 one redeemed fine, the $10 one is giving me an error through my Vita and "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" through the SEN website when I try to add funds to the wallet....

Is this something due to all the issues going on today with their server etc? Any advice? Thanks.

Ocaso

I've never played ICO but I saw that it is free right now for Plus members. Is it worth it or has the game aged badly?

It's free, so you won't lose anything trying it out. Aside from the 30fps, it's a masterful HD port and the game is as memorable as it ever was. That said, it's not a game for everyone.

Ghazi

I'm trying to redeem my newly bought PS+ subscription (that I got off Amazon) and every time I get a message saying "An error has occurred". Should I be worried or are people spamming the servers and I'm not the only one this is happening to?

E: nvm just saw the thread

alba

Little is the new Big
You're not doing anything wrong. They've suspended the ability to redeem codes in order to allay some of the network issues they've been having today.

I'm trying to redeem my newly bought PS+ subscription (that I got off Amazon) and every time I get a message saying "An error has occurred". Should I be worried or are people spamming the servers and I'm not the only one this is happening to?

Ok, got it, thanks!

Sorry if it's been explained, but I don't know how this works.

I bought a PS4, and have PS plus now... but if I buy a PS3 do I get instant access to all the past free games they've given away? Or are they more like rentals for that month and they go away when new ones are put up?

wizzbang

Banned

So it's still boned? Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Vire

I bought a PS4, and have PS plus now... but if I buy a PS3 do I get instant access to all the past free games they've given away? Or are they more like rentals for that month and they go away when new ones are put up?
You only can download this months PS3 games and all future months... These games can stay on your hard drive forever however they will only be accessible if you are a PS plus member.

So say you have a hundred games from PS+ on your hd accumulated over the years and your PS+ subscription ends. You will no longer be able to play those games, but as soon as you re-up the collection is accessible again.

kingocfs

You have access to whatever is available right now. Games that have left the list aren't grandfathered in for new users or anything.

Ghazi

You have access to whatever is available right now. Games that have left the list aren't grandfathered in for new users or anything.

Which is why I never got it for my PS3, because I missed so much, and in turn missed even more. But now, I want to have it throughout the whole PS4 gen, while I don't have a PS4 I can at least add them to my download queue until I get one.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ok thanks man I've changed the time to 02:00am and chosen other devices.
Can I also clarify, it won't download anything I buy on the web based store, no matter what, unless I put it in my queue? (This is how I'd hope it behaves)

Second question, PS4 - how does this work? Can you remotely turn it on and download NOW? or is it too, schedule based?

Anyone know how this works with 2 PSN+ accounts. I'll have AU and US accounts both with Plus, I assume whatever is in the queue for either account will pull down?

Finally! (sorry)
What happens if I buy say Hotline Miami for PSN US and Hotline Miami for PSN AU? will it download it twice?
It won't download things you don't queue up.

I'm not 100% on how it works on PS4. I know there's no user set schedule like on PS3, but I'm not sure if the downloads are pushed to the console via PSN or if it does a check in every X minutes while on standby.

On PS3, I might be wrong but I think you can only enable it on 1 account per system. On PS4 I imagine it'll download both queues as long as the console has been designated as the primary system for both accounts.

It will download both.

Absinthe

All of these games (Except Sine Mora, they've replaced it with Soul Sacrifice), cloud saves on PS3/PS4/PSV, and whatever discounts they're currently running.

oHFB1Eq.jpg

Playstation Plus has got to be the greatest deal in gaming! I can't believe I've waited till now to sign up.

Another stupid question, my wife got me two 1 year subscriptions to PS Plus during the Black Friday deal. I'm still on my 1st free month that I got when I purchased a PS4? Do I need to wait a couple more weeks until my 1st month is almost up or can I put both codes in one after another and it will add two additional years to the end of that 1st month?

Flandy

Another stupid question, my wife got me two 1 year subscriptions to PS Plus during the Black Friday deal. I'm still on my 1st free month that I got when I purchased a PS4? Do I need to wait a couple more weeks until my 1st month is almost up or can I put both codes in one after another and it will add two additional years to the end of that 1st month?
You can stack the codes. You do not have to wait for the 30 days to run out. At the moment though Sony has disabled redeeming vouchers http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725284

wizzbang

Banned
It won't download things you don't queue up.

I'm not 100% on how it works on PS4. I know there's no user set schedule like on PS3, but I'm not sure if the downloads are pushed to the console via PSN or if it does a check in every X minutes while on standby.

On PS3, I might be wrong but I think you can only enable it on 1 account per system. On PS4 I imagine it'll download both queues as long as the console has been designated as the primary system for both accounts.

It will download both.

There was talk of a Wake on Lan (WoL) system for the X360 and PS3 years and years ago, I don't think they ever got it on the PS3 but I would like to think the PS4 could be remotely turned on, or within say 5 minutes? I dunno.

Mind you, as I said, I want the ability to remotely kick off a download - but I'm also damn sure I want to be able to add things to a queue and have it NOT turn on automatically too, download at my discression./
Australia, yo :(

Odd issue but seems like Grid 2 EU version doesn't come with english language? I've downloaded it from the store and I'm stuck with french audio and text.

My PS3 is set in english as system language btw and Google says others are having my same problem, anyone else has noticed this?

Joni

Are you positive? I swear there were repeats pre IGC. I know the Genesis Sonic games got repeated but they were treated as a bonus game and not the main game for that week
There was some kind of Christmas promotion at the end of 2011 I think where 12 games were repeated.

Flipyap

Odd issue but seems like Grid 2 EU version doesn't come with english language? I've downloaded it from the store and I'm stuck with french audio and text.

My PS3 is set in english as system language btw and Google says others are having my same problem, anyone else has noticed this?
"This product supports the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish."

This is the worst thing about having a continental European PSN account. Sometimes it doesn't even make sense - some games cut out the original language even when subtitles/menus are the only thing being translated.

There was talk of a Wake on Lan (WoL) system for the X360 and PS3 years and years ago, I don't think they ever got it on the PS3 but I would like to think the PS4 could be remotely turned on, or within say 5 minutes? I dunno.

Mind you, as I said, I want the ability to remotely kick off a download - but I'm also damn sure I want to be able to add things to a queue and have it NOT turn on automatically too, download at my discression./
Australia, yo :(

If you put the PS4 in standby mode you can remotely push downloads to the system. But if you want to black out certain times you should be doing that at the level of your router, not on individual devices.

wizzbang

Banned
If you put the PS4 in standby mode you can remotely push downloads to the system. But if you want to black out certain times you should be doing that at the level of your router, not on individual devices.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, please clarify.

cj_iwakura

Wow, this must be the best time ever to have joined. Dragon's Dogma, Hotline Miami, Ico/SotC, Galaga Legions, Gravity Rush, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Binary Domain, Soul Sacrifice, X Com...

I'm curious. Does the digital version of Infinite come with the original Bioshock like the retail version does?
Yea I would like to know this as well. If so I'm buying it.
Same question here. Consider it bought by me if it does.
Hey guys, sorry for the late response. I just checked and didn't see any indication of Bioshock 1 being included. Not in the download, not in the game menu or anything. So it looks like it's not there. Sorry!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wow, this must be the best time ever to have joined. Dragon's Dogma, Hotline Miami, Ico/SotC, Galaga Legions, Gravity Rush, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Binary Domain, Soul Sacrifice, X Com...
PS+ just paid for itself and then some with the value of these downloads I got:

PS3:
Binary Domain
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Hotline Miami
ICO HD
Shadow of the Colossus HD
Uncharted 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Vita:
Stranger's Wrath
Gravity Rush
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Soul Sacrifice + 10 DLC missions

PS4:
Contrast
Resogun

I don't even own a Vita or PS4 but I'm going to collect games anyway just in case!

Top Bottom