• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Flandy

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. I just checked and didn't see any indication of Bioshock 1 being included. Not in the download, not in the game menu or anything. So it looks like it's not there. Sorry!

Well that's disappointing. Bought the retail version so not too much of a loss I guess

wizzbang

Banned
1 Week with PSN+ and already I'm wondering what to do about the storage situation :(
I don't know if my SSD obsession really jives with lots of downloadable games.

Hey guys posted from redeem voucher thread because I may get a response here:

Is there no way to redeem a PS Plus code on PC my PS3 doesn't come in till next week. An the selection of games now seems really good. The go away tomorrow right?s there no way to redeem a PS Plus code on PC my PS3 doesn't come in till next week. An the selection of games now seems really good. The go away tomorrow right?

Thanks for any help. It looks like they don't go away tomorrow?

Balphon

Hey guys posted from redeem voucher thread because I may get a response here:

Thanks for any help. It looks like they don't go away tomorrow?

You could normally redeem them on the webstore, but with the code redemption system being down I don't think you really have an option.

And no, games shouldn't change until the store updates on Tuesday, and then it'll only be to switch one game out (Dragon's Dogma, I think) and another in (probably BL2).

Thanks. So I can redeem PS Plus by Web? Guess I'll try tomorrow and Monday as I would like to check out Dark Arisen. My PS3 only comes in on Wednesday.

Dawg

So, ehm, is there anyone out there with a 14 day PS+ voucher? I've tried looking everywhere but I can't find my vouchers anymore and I spent all my money on the PS4.

Can't access MP this way so if anyone has an extra voucher laying around... my next pay is still weeks away :p

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
So, ehm, is there anyone out there with a 14 day PS+ voucher? I've tried looking everywhere but I can't find my vouchers anymore and I spent all my money on the PS4.

Can't access MP this way so if anyone has an extra voucher laying around... my next pay is still weeks away :p

Pm'ed you a code.

braves01

Banned
If I just hit download and okay/confirm for the PS+ pop up, but don't actually download because I don't have space, am I still able to get these games later when I can free up space even if they're no longer PS+ titles?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
If I just hit download and okay/confirm for the PS+ pop up, but don't actually download because I don't have space, am I still able to get these games later when I can free up space even if they're no longer PS+ titles?

Yes, they will be in your Download lists.

Flandy

Yes. It should be added to your download history and you'll be free to download whenever you're a Plus sub. If your sub ever lapses and you come back at a later date you regain access to the games you "purchased" while you were a sub but you don't get the games you missed out on.

Most of us either just use the webstore to "purchase" the games or download the game through the PS3 and then quickly cancel the download so it's added to our download history,

Jabba

Banned
Great December for plus in NA too.

DD:DA has it's problems but what a fantastic time I'm having. I haven't started NG+ yet. I beat the game and expansion but still finding things to do before NG+.

jsnepo

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. I just checked and didn't see any indication of Bioshock 1 being included. Not in the download, not in the game menu or anything. So it looks like it's not there. Sorry!

Thanks for the confirmation. I think I will off from buying. It may as well be included in IGC in the near future.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Great December for plus in NA too.

Borderlands 2 is nice.

qsRSzj1.jpg

Rich!

Any idea of when we'll hear about the next few PS+ games for the PS4?

Actually, is there any kind of release chart for upcoming PSN games at all?

Flandy

Posted this in the Bioshock Infinite OT but I doubt anyone will reply there so I'll post it here as well where it is somewhat relevant since Bioshock Infinite is on sale.
Picked up the PS3 version of Bioshock Infinite during black Friday. It comes with the oringal Bioshock and I got Bioshock 2 through PS+ last year. Should I play the first two? I know it's not required but will I enjoy Infinite more if I do play through them? Or should I just play them because they're good games? lol

Roto13

Posted this in the Bioshock Infinite OT but I doubt anyone will reply there so I'll post it here as well where it is somewhat relevant since Bioshock Infinite is on sale.

You should at least play BioShock 1 first. You can skip 2, if you want, but it's pretty good.

Flandy

Not a deal breaker but please tell me the Bioshock games don't have quiet protagonists. I really do not like them >:l

Joe

does anyone have a PS+ 7 day trial they dont want?

im pretty "shocked" that Sony doesn't offer a free trial right off the bat.

Celegus

First one does, but IMO they use it really well. Infinite does not.

It does get pretty repetitive but at least it's Troy Baker, so it kind of evens out.

Looks like I'm gonna pass on most of December's games, not a fan of racing games. But that's okay, I've still got a ways to go in Dragon's Dogma and have been loving Soul Sacrifice.

I've been a Plus subscriber for over a year now and I still don't know exactly how one aspect of it works, so I've come to ask GAF.

I own a PS3. I own a PS+ subscription (the account is under my email, paid with my credit card, etc).

My little brother owns a PS3. I've designated his console as my secondary console (IIRC, you can "share" your PS+ account with one other console). This means he can play the games that I digitally download so long as he's signed into the PS3 account I created on his machine (nicknamed "Mike") which is logged into my PSN/SEN account.

Now let's say we both want to play a PS+ game at the same time (let's pick NBA Jam) on our respective consoles. As far as I can tell there's no issue with this.

My question is, however, what happens if we both want to play NBA Jam online at the same time?

When my brother is logged into "Mike" (and thus my email account), is he logged in as my gamertag as well, or can he still use his PSN/SEN gamertag? If so, does Sony still allow two different gamertags to play the same game online at the same time, even if they're signed into the same PSN/SEN account?

I've asked this question a couple times and I never quite understand the answer, mainly since people talk about the "account", not specifying if they're talking about the system-level account (user sign in), or the PSN/SEN account (email/PS+/CC).

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I should start buying all of my games digitally so he can play them and there won't be any issues of us playing (online) at the same time. If he can, then I'll go that route, but if not then I'll probably keep buying physical due to lack of HD space (freaking PS+).

Oh and I just bought a VITA today! And he has one too. So same question applies to that.

Thanks!

Flandy

I've been a Plus subscriber for over a year now and I still don't know exactly how one aspect of it works, so I've come to ask GAF.

I own a PS3. I own a PS+ subscription (the account is under my email, paid with my credit card, etc).

My little brother owns a PS3. I've designated his console as my secondary console (IIRC, you can "share" your PS+ account with one other console). This means he can play the games that I digitally download so long as he's signed into the PS3 account I created on his machine (nicknamed "Mike") which is logged into my PSN/SEN account.

Now let's say we both want to play a PS+ game at the same time (let's pick NBA Jam) on our respective consoles. As far as I can tell there's no issue with this.

My question is, however, what happens if we both want to play NBA Jam online at the same time?

When my brother is logged into "Mike" (and thus my email account), is he logged in as my gamertag as well, or can he still use his PSN/SEN gamertag? If so, does Sony still allow two different gamertags to play the same game online at the same time, even if they're signed into the same PSN/SEN account?

I've asked this question a couple times and I never quite understand the answer, mainly since people talk about the "account", not specifying if they're talking about the system-level account (user sign in), or the PSN/SEN account (email/PS+/CC).

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I should start buying all of my games digitally so he can play them and there won't be any issues of us playing (online) at the same time. If he can, then I'll go that route, but if not then I'll probably keep buying physical due to lack of HD space (freaking PS+).

Oh and I just bought a VITA today! And he has one too. So same question applies to that.

Thanks!
Your brother can play the games from your account at the same time as you as long he uses his account. I'm not sure what happens if he trys to play it with your account at the same time as you but you definitely play online at the same time with a gameshared game as long he uses a different account. I'm not sure how it works on PS4

Your brother can play the games from your account at the same time as you as long he uses his account. I'm not sure what happens if he trys to play it with your account at the same time as you but you definitely play online at the same time with a gameshared game as long he uses a different account. I'm not sure how it works on PS4
So are you saying it works if he signs into my account (online), gets the PS+ game, then signs back into his account (gamertag, etc.) and plays it?

MADGAME

When is the Playstation store going to update for PS4? Having seen anything since the content that was available 11/15.

Put something out there please.

Flandy

So are you saying it works if he signs into my account (online), gets the PS+ game, then signs back into his account (gamertag, etc.) and plays it?

That's exactly what I'm saying. No idea what happens if you're both logged in at once though.

Now I have an off topic question for you. Whats the origin of your tag? Don't see JPG tags very often and yours has no clear meaning to me lol.

Drago

Finally bought a Vita off of Cowboom tonight. Once I get myself a memory card (so expensive...) I can finally dig into my PS+ backlog of more than 30 games. x_x

Is the Vita version of Sonic Racing downgraded at all from the console versions, or is it very much the same game? Really hoping for the latter, hehe.

Flandy

Finally bought a Vita off of Cowboom tonight. Once I get myself a memory card (so expensive...) I can finally dig into my PS+ backlog of more than 30 games. x_x

Is the Vita version of Sonic Racing downgraded at all from the console versions, or is it very much the same game? Really hoping for the latter, hehe.

I'd like to know this as well. Is it native res and what is the frame rate of the Vita/Console versions

That's exactly what I'm saying. No idea what happens if you're both logged in at once though.

Now I have an off topic question for you. Whats the origin of your tag? Don't see JPG tags very often and yours has no clear meaning to me lol.
I used to be a mod/admin, and I used to give out a ton of tags. I made that one for myself; it reflects my username (though I need to get it amended since EviLore changed the site's font recently so it doesn't exactly match up).

Flandy

I used to be a mod/admin, and I used to give out a ton of tags. I made that one for myself; it reflects my username (though I need to get it amended since EviLore changed the site's font recently so it doesn't exactly match up).

Learn something new every day. Anyway, hope you and your brother have fun :)

Welp guys, about to play Bioshock for the first time in preparation for Infinite. Not sure if I'll play 2 yet but I'll definitely try to get through the original Bioshock first.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Thanks!
PS3 system level accounts can only be tied to one PSN account, so in other words the "Mike" system account will always be tied to your PSN ID. If he tries to enter his PSN login info while using the "Mike" account he'll get an error that the system account is already tied to a PSN account so basically whenever he uses it to play games he's using your PSN ID.

With that said though since you've already activated his system as the second console on your PSN account, he doesn't have to log into the "Mike" account to play your games. As long as the "Mike" account isn't deleted from the system, the system will retain your PSN entitlements. The only time he needs to log into the "Mike" account/your PSN ID is to initiate a new download and to purchase anything you guys want to share.

Vita on the other hand doesn't work this way. AFAIK, each system can only tie itself to 1 PSN ID. There's no support for multiple PSN ID's and if you want to switch PSN ID's you have to format your system settings and memory card so the only way he can play your Vita games is to tie his system to your PSN ID and play with it.

When is the Playstation store going to update for PS4? Having seen anything since the content that was available 11/15.

Put something out there please.
NA? Tiny Brains is scheduled to come out on Tuesday. There's also a couple of other games that should be coming out in December (Escape Plan, flOw, Basement Crawl, Awesomenauts Assemble, & Doki Doki Universe).

As for Dec PS4 Plus. Tiny Brains will be discounted a couple of bucks for PS+ subscribers and there's a Killzone MP Weekend the weekend after Christmas. They might throw us another bone in Dec, but I wouldn't expect a free game till Don't Starve (Jan 7).

Flandy

PS3 system level accounts can only be tied to one PSN account, so in other words the "Mike" system account will always be tied to your PSN ID. If he tries to enter his PSN login info while using the "Mike" account he'll get an error that the system account is already tied to a PSN account so basically whenever he uses it to play games he's using your PSN ID.

With that said though since you've already activated his system as the second console on your PSN account, he doesn't have to log into the "Mike" account to play your games. As long as the "Mike" account isn't deleted from the system, the system will retain your PSN entitlements. The only time he needs to log into the "Mike" account/your PSN ID is to initiate a new download and to purchase anything you guys want to share.

Vita on the other hand doesn't work this way. AFAIK, each system can only tie itself to 1 PSN ID. There's no support for multiple PSN ID's and if you want to switch PSN ID's you have to format your system settings and memory card so the only way he can play your Vita games is to tie his system to your PSN ID and play with it.
Well you explained that a lot better than I did lol.

Enjoying Bioshock so far but whos bright idea was it to map the shooting button to L2 and R2? -__-

Hmm. So what I'm hearing is we would be able to play online digital content purchase under an umbrella account at the same time, since he would be logged into his gamertag and I would be logged into mine separately.

However on the VITA this might not be the case, since we'd both be logged into my gamertag? Is that correct?

Top Bottom