• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hmm. So what I'm hearing is we would be able to play online digital content purchase under an umbrella account at the same time, since he would be logged into his gamertag and I would be logged into mine separately.

However on the VITA this might not be the case, since we'd both be logged into my gamertag? Is that correct?
Yup.

Cronox

Banned
So I just redeemed one of my two amazon-purchased codes and now have PS+. Weird thing is, I've been able to "purchase" all the PS+ games on the SEN site except for the Uncharted 3 single player, which pops up a "join PS+" ad when I try to add it to my cart. I went to my PS3 and was able to correctly purchase it through the store. Anyone know why this is? I'd like to download the 15 or so themes available for PS+, but SEN only let me "buy" about 3 of them, the rest behave how Uncharted did. I really don't want to go through downloading them individually on the PS3... anyone else have these problems, and fix them?

Also, I created a download queue on SEN and my PS3 doesn't acknowledge its existence.

Edit: an example of my first problem, trying to buy something free (in this case the Warframe starter pack, but lots of other things do this too). This is what I see when I click "add to cart"
iAQkg8J.jpg

BigDug13

So I just redeemed one of my two amazon-purchased codes and now have PS+. Weird thing is, I've been able to "purchase" all the PS+ games on the SEN site except for the Uncharted 3 single player, which pops up a "join PS+" ad when I try to add it to my cart. I went to my PS3 and was able to correctly purchase it through the store. Anyone know why this is? I'd like to download the 15 or so themes available for PS+, but SEN only let me "buy" about 3 of them, the rest behave how Uncharted did. I really don't want to go through downloading them individually on the PS3... anyone else have these problems, and fix them?

Also, I created a download queue on SEN and my PS3 doesn't acknowledge its existence.

Is the current PS3 you're using the same one you have digitally attached as your PS3 device on your PSN account?

bombshell

I'm ashamed to say that turning my PS3 off and back on got the download queue working. SEN problems continue, however.

No, that's how the queue thing from the webstore works on PS3. The downloads only start when you turn on the PS3. It's a hacked solution compared to automatic downloads on PS4.

Cronox

Banned
No, that's how the queue thing from the webstore works on PS3. The downloads only start when you turn on the PS3. It's a hacked solution compared to automatic downloads on PS4.

On this note, I signed out of SEN and back in and SEN works now too. Well, fuck me... I guess the other half of PS+ kicked in during the sign-out process. Alright, I'm all fixed, nothing to see here.

Dumb question: If I have a US PSN account and a UK PSN account on my PS4 (both activated as primary PS4 system etc.) can I have 2 PS+ subscriptions and get both the US and European PS+ games? Or is there some catch I'm not seeing?

Tizoc

Dumb question: If I have a US PSN account and a UK PSN account on my PS4 (both activated as primary PS4 system etc.) can I have 2 PS+ subscriptions and get both the US and European PS+ games?

Yes you can as that's what I'm doing with my PS3.

I tohught I saw an article the other day about how you won't be able to build up your ps4 ps plus content until you actually have the console, the same way some people did before they had a vita but had plus. Is that right? Looks like business as usual on the SEN store site, can i *purchase them* for when I get a ps4 in a few months time?

Tucah

you speak so well
I tohught I saw an article the other day about how you won't be able to build up your ps4 ps plus content until you actually have the console, the same way some people did before they had a vita but had plus. Is that right? Looks like business as usual on the SEN store site, can i *purchase them* for when I get a ps4 in a few months time?

"Purchasing" the PS4 plus titles works fine on the webstore (at least in NA, I think there is or was some problems with that in other countries?).

BibiMaghoo

It's only true in regard to the actual console stores. You cannot access PS4 content from the PS3 or Vita store. It is not true if you use the web store though.

Thanks for the super fast replies guys, that sounds great. So I figure if I redeem them as they come up I should have a nice number of games to dl come March time like resogun etc.

oneils

I don't have a PS4 yet. But I have ps plus.

How do I add some of the ps4 games to my download list on a ps3? Is this possible? I'd like to add the ps4 games to my account.

Pandemic

I got Playstation plus for the first time in order to play online the PS4.

Few questions,
1. If I active it on my PS4, does it work for the PS3? And vice versa?
2. Does the length of membership start once you activate it? Not when you purchase it from in-store? I got a receipt with the code.
3. If you download a few free games, lose membership then regain membership, do you still have access to those games or do you lose them?

Some of the questions may seem stupid haha. Appreciate any help.

Few questions,
2. Does the length of membership start once you activate it? Not when you purchase it from in-store? I got a receipt with the code.
3. If you download a few free games, lose membership then regain membership, do you still have access to those games or do you lose them?

Yes to all

bebop242

Few questions,

1 yes and vita too
2 it starts when you redeem the code
3 yep you regain all your old PS+ titles

Pandemic

Brilliant, cheers for the responses! The free games for November on the PS3 look awesome haha. Not sure why I didn't invest into this earlier.

Archangel5

Neo Member
Subscriptions stack, yes. Although I've heard the system won't allow you to redeem 7-day trial with an existing sub.
This has been my experience. I was able to redeem my 30-day trial but my 7-day trial(s) were not accepted when I attempted to enter them.

Trying to use the PS app to snag some freebies and haven't been able to sign into the store via mobile for a couple days now. Is it still whacked out from the EU launch stress?

Tizoc

Also, any idea why Metal Gear Solid Revengeance isn't on the store for PS+? Aussie store that is?

MGR was the November freebie and it was only available until last Wednesday. If you neglected to get it by then well you're SOL I'm afraid mate.

MBison

What the heck am I doing wrong.

I redeemed a ps+ amazon code. I go to my account and it says I have a ps+ subscription but when I go to the playstation store and select ps+ it sends me to join options and prices. What the hell?

I did this on my trial and it sent me to the featured games of the month.

What am I doing wrong?

Cronox

Banned
What the heck am I doing wrong.

I redeemed a ps+ amazon code. I go to my account and it says I have a ps+ subscription but when I go to the playstation store and select ps+ it sends me to join options and prices. What the hell?

I did this on my trial and it sent me to the featured games of the month.

What am I doing wrong?

See if my posts earlier in this page help... (turn PS3/4 off and back on, or on the web store log out and back in)

pa22word

If I queue a DL for PS+ on the SEN website will it stay in my downloads page even if I don't turn my system on before the game is removed? Asking because I don't want to lose dragon's dogma but I also don't want to go dig my PS3 out of storage and hook it up if I don't have to just yet.

-Winnie-

WHAT THE SHIT?! I just grabbed the latest Plus games and I got charged $54 for Sonic?! It shows up as free, but when I went to check out, I only noticed that there was a price after I had pressed check out...

Has this happened to anyone else? I better be able to get a refund, what the hell.

what about the 2d one?

You'll need that unless you dl 3d movies. Cant skip both.

If I queue a DL for PS+ on the SEN website will it stay in my downloads page even if I don't turn my system on before the game is removed? Asking because I don't want to lose dragon's dogma but I also don't want to go dig my PS3 out of storage and hook it up if I don't have to just yet.

Yes it'll stay on your download list.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If I "purchase" the free PS+ games from the SEN website on my PC, that's enough to tie them to my account forever, right? I don't actually have to do it from my PS3 for the PS3 games, etc?

(A bit new at how exactly this works, just subscribed yesterday.)

If I "purchase" the free PS+ games from the SEN website on my PC, that's enough to tie them to my account forever, right? I don't actually have to do it from my PS3 for the PS3 games, etc?

(A bit new at how exactly this works, just subscribed yesterday.)
Yep, that's right. You will have access to them from the download history list as long as you're subscribed.

Top Bottom