• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Some people will not be satisfied till we get Uncharted 4 and the Last Guardian in one month apparently...

T5 is as fine game and works well enough with a controller.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'd be satisfied with Uncharted 4. Fuck off with that Last Guardian shit though.

I still remember that horrible day we got Ico on PS Plus. A true low point for PS Plus.

Ludens

Banned
Well, another month I won't download those games at all.
Tropico 5 is a good game if you love the genre, I think, but I don't play strategy/management titles, so it's not for me.
Bionic Commando is not bad nor good, Locoroco I think it's good from what I read, but again not my genre.
Switch Galaxy Ultra is another sci-fi racing game, with Table Top...and I don't play racing games too.
I can't even say if this month is bad or good, because the only game I have and played is God of War and I liked it a lot

Games are free for me on EU store.

For some reason there is "Open Me" for Vita on the PS Plus page instead of Switch Galaxy, but it's not free. Switch Galaxy works if you search for it though.

L.O.R.D

Games are free for me on EU store.

For some reason there is "Open Me" for Vita on the PS Plus page instead of Switch Galaxy, but it's not free. Switch Galaxy works if you search for it though.

yah, i just saw that game
i guess this game is instead of god of war .
Switch Galaxy Ultra is here,you can download it for free,i don't know why it's not on the plus page,i had to search for it.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ltra/cid=EP4460-CUSA00347_00-00000000CROSSBUY

6NzdCCx.jpg

edit:i just realized you are talking about "Open Me" not free, but it's free for plus.

v8DduRr.jpg

Zach

Table Top Racing is fun if you're into an old school-ish, Micro Machines-y, Mario Kart-esque game. Which I am. Fun fun.

Table Top Racing is fun if you're into an old school-ish, Micro Machines-y, Mario Kart-esque game. Which I am. Fun fun.

Well, if you're into really poor versions of them anyway. It's so boring, and the music is so out-of-place that I can't even. And that Yo Sushi advertrack, haha, right. Gameplay really at the fore there.

There just appeared to be nothing to it at all. No interesting mechanics. Everything was about five clicks further away than it should be in the menus. The "upgrade" shit to encourage you to keep playing because the gameplay sure wouldn't be able to do it.

I mean, it's not exactly Mario Kart, is it? They should have included a top-down view because it probably would have set it apart and wouldn't really have had any competition. The menus would still be shit and the gameplay would still be boring but at least it'd have some kind of selling-point.

Matush

Platinumed TTR in like 12hrs. Not ever gonna play it again. Mechanics were so basic that it was laughable (if you can call them mechanics) and there were like only 5 tracks in total (with slightly different variations). It really seemed like mobile game port. But hey, what can I say? This was probably the first new PS+ game I played in months.

Tropico seems fun so far.
Is the campaign good? Haven't checked that out.
I really missed games like that on consoles.

It's fine. I enjoyed it. One important thing to keep in mind is that you return to earlier islands later in the campaign. So try not to finish missions on the verge of economical collapse, or that will come back to bite you in the ass.

Tropico is really fun. I tried the Big Cheese mission and failed, and I'm now just playing a match in sandbox mode to get used to everything. I foresee myself sinking a lot of hours into this. Reminds me of playing Civilization back in the day and having to tear myself away. Haven't even touched the campaign yet.

The DLC is so expensive though.

LakeEarth

Tropico is great, but anyone else find the text pretty small? My PS4 is only on a 42 inch, and some of the menus are really tough on the eyes.

Benedict

A Boy and His Blog has been in a couple of bundles on PC now. Currently in one at Indiegala.
This seems like a good candidate for a future PS Plus title, especially since it's a cross-buy title.

Hasney

I assume we're talking A Boy and his Blob and not Blog? The latter sounds like it could either be a dull game, or the greatest of all time.

xrnzaaas

Ride is actually not that bad. I only tried the demo. It wasn't as good as Driveclub Bikes, but it looked and played okay. Plus it's kinda like a bike version of Gran Turismo by allowing you to build your collection of (100+) bikes.

I finished TTR on the weekend, fun little game once you get past the first tier.

Also I am still enjoying Broforce, such a great hop in, hop out kind of game.

VLiberty

We've already got SMB and XCOM several months (and years) ago, The Crew is nothing special and Goat Simulator is one of the most useless games ever created.

And SMB got a lot of shit back when it was offered on PS+.

I think this is a solid line up, but I'm really seeing a trend at just overrating the GwG line ups. Aside from a couple of better line ups, most of the time they're just on par if not slightly better on PS+.

And SMB got a lot of shit back when it was offered on PS+.

I think this is a solid line up, but I'm really seeing a trend at just overrating the GwG line ups. Aside from a couple of better line ups, most of the time they're just on par if not slightly better on PS+.

The GwG lineups have been really overrated. Not that they're not good solid lineups, but you get people saying "this is better than PS+ and always has been" because they give one AAA.

Don't expect an announcement today, it'll be next week.

LakeEarth

Either today, or next week. Since PS+ games are always up first tuesday of the month, 7th of June is the date. Next tuesday is still May so yeah, they are not in the hurry.

Aww crap you're right. We're not getting an announcement this week. Stupid Mars getting all the days.

Top Bottom