• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Auctopus

Probably fake but I saw a Watchdogs/Tetris Ultimate (PS4) screen earlier today lol.
The AAA no one asked for.

xI0AWPE.jpg

Posted it in the PSN thread but might as well post it here.

More excited by Tetris than Watch_Dogs (WD2 on the horizon?).

Probably fake but I saw a Watchdogs/Tetris Ultimate (PS4) screen earlier today lol.
The AAA no one asked for.

Two Ubi games immediately seems unlikely. I wonder now if Lumo could be one with it's sudden release date change from April 22nd to "a couple of weeks later."

In this thread's spirit of "reading into things and finding clues that aren't really there."

Hasney

Posted it in the PSN thread but might as well post it here.

More excited by Tetris than Watch_Dogs (WD2 on the horizon?).

Unless it got patched, it was an awful version of Tetris. Couldn't even hold the framerate at launch.

Still, two Ubi games at once seems unlikely anyway.

xrnzaaas

Couldn't care less about Tetris, but Watch_Dogs would be a nice addition. I don't have a copy of the game anymore, but I have a few trophies I haven't earned yet (plus I haven't played the DLC).

Ludens

Banned
Watch dogs is terrible, I had more fun playing the Order if that gives you an idea of how not-good that game is

I agree. I usually don't like free roaming games, and I do only main missions to avoid repetitive sides etc. Watchdogs was way too boring and repetitive even by doing main missions only. I had more fun with the DLC than playing the base game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Watch Dogs is fucking amazing and easily my favourite AAA game on PS4 that isn't a remaster of a last gen game. Ridiculously underrated. I already have the game so it wouldn't be that great for me, but oh boy would I not be complaining. Quality title to bring to the service.

Truth fact time. If it wasn't a Ubisoft title and didn't have that super hype afte the initial 2012 reveal people would be praising the fuck out of Watch Dogs. People decided they hated it well before release. Don't believe me? Check out any WD thread before release especially after the downgrade bullshit. People wanted to hate Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs is fucking amazing and easily my favourite AAA game on PS4 that isn't a remaster of a last gen game. Ridiculously underrated. I already have the game so it wouldn't be that great for me, but oh boy would I not be complaining. Quality title to bring to the service.

Truth fact time. If it wasn't a Ubisoft title and didn't have that super hype afte the initial 2012 reveal people would be praising the fuck out of Watch Dogs. People decided they hated it well before release. Don't believe me? Check out any WD thread before release especially after the downgrade bullshit. People wanted to hate Watch Dogs.

I disliked it with zero attachment to downgrades or whatever, paid $7 for it and went in blind.

the gameplay is mediocre, the campaign is bloated, and the main character that youre supposed to empathize with is a sociopath unaccepting of how his behavior has ruined the lives of those around him and of course by the end of the game they try to sell you on the notion that he's some sort of good guy vigilante who isn't a complete asshole.

Naw, there are plenty of reason to dislike Watch Dogs regardless of whether or not it met the targeted graphics shown for the game when it was in development.

Hasney

I was all excited for it and even managed to get it stupid cheap (£12) at launch. Man, was I let down. Just a stale environment that is no fun to go through and more UbiSoft open world design bollocks. Coupled with the single most unlike-able cast of characters of all time, I was still shocked I finished it. Don't think there was a lot out around that time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Watch Dogs had one of the more immersive modern open worlds. Just walking around and seeing the little details of the people were great. The gameplay was FANTASTIC. Extremely well executed. I can think of few open world games of this type with gameplay this well executed. No Rockstar game comes close. There were tons of fun distractions and things to do within the world. Gang hideouts were fantastic highlights for the great core gameplay, and then you even had things like the digital trips which were crazy ridiculous fun distractions to get addicted to. And of course the real highlight of the game was the online hacking stuff. Just brilliant. The game is littered with entertaining stuff to do in the world, and even things like privacy invasions do a lot to give the world more life.

The story missions weren't great but they were solid. I eventually finished the game just to kind of force myself to, but it was the non story stuff that made the game what it was. It was everything outside of the main story missions that made Watch Dogs on another level to the other open world games of this type. Watch Dogs was a game with tons of variety, stellar gameplay mechanics, interesting ideas and a very addictive paranoia causing online aspect.

Celegus

I hate open world games of that vein, so I wouldn't even play it if it were free. It's looked awful to me since it was announced. I don't like GTA either, I just don't get the appeal of those kinds of games.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I played the WD disc version for some time, and the biggest thing I remember is that the cop cars are superhuman.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I played the WD disc version for some time, and the biggest thing I remember is that the cop cars are superhuman.
Hmm. I should try doing something to cop cars that doesn't involve hacking things to make them crash. They're certainly not immune to traffic, barriers or bridges. I assume you mean if you get in to a shoot out? I tended not to do that in Watch Dogs. At all really. Other than missions where you absolutely had to, I pretty much never used a gun. The game is much better that way.

And you wanna talk superhuman? GTA V cops. Their ability to know exactly where you are for no logical reason. Their ability to accurately shoot you from distance without fail.

illusionary

If true, this is a decent pair of games, despite that I've already played and platinumed Watch_Dogs. Personally I generally prefer the range that comes from the inclusion of smaller games, but hopefully this will help to silence those constantly complaining about he lack of 'AAA' PS4 inclusions in the Instant Game Collection. I've not checked on the status of Tetris Ultimate recently, but hopefully it's less broken by now that when it was originally released!

Omerta

I played about 6 hours of watch dogs, got bored with it and sold it...

I'd like it back again as a ps+ title. Be nice to finish it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I like Tetris but I really don't need to play another version especially not on a big screen. Tetris is more of a quick pick up and play portable thing for me.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm. I should try doing something to cop cars that doesn't involve hacking things to make them crash. They're certainly not immune to traffic, barriers or bridges. I assume you mean if you get in to a shoot out? I tended not to do that in Watch Dogs. At all really. Other than missions where you absolutely had to, I pretty much never used a gun. The game is much better that way.

And you wanna talk superhuman? GTA V cops. Their ability to know exactly where you are for no logical reason. Their ability to accurately shoot you from distance without fail.

It seems the game heavily favors hacking "attacks". So the cops are highly skilled at keeping up, avoiding traffic and whatnot until you use a hacking attack. I don't mean shootouts, I meant pure chases and escapes.

bjaelke

Here’s the full line-up of games available for download on 3rd May:

Tropico 5 (PS4)
Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (PS3)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS Vita)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Here’s the full line-up of games available for download on 3rd May:

Tropico 5 (PS4)
Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (PS3)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS Vita)
Awful. Especially Vita. Another fucking PSP game I played god knows how many years ago.

xrnzaaas

Tropico 5? Sweet! I've never played this series on a console (only Tropico 1 & 2 on PC), but I'll certainly try.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Not bad at all. Tropico games are always fun, and Table Top will be great for the kids. They enjoy Beach Buggy racing a ton already.

El_Cinefilo

I was happy with the idea of Watch Dogs, even though I'd already played it. I'm over the moon with Tropico though; it's a (once) full price retail game I've always wanted to pick up but never got round to. Just like old times :-D

Even though it's a PSP game I'm happy enough with Ghost of Sparta too. It's supposed to be a great game and I never played it.

Table top racing looks like it'll be fun for my boy. Is this likely to be cross buy with the Vita version? Sometimes they are when they don't state it like Flame Over.

All in all its the best month for me for a Long time.

Hm, Tropico sounds interesting, though I'm skeptical of playing a building-sim type game with a controller. God of War is a PSP game, which is lame, plus I'm not a huge fan of the series, and that's the only other game in this list I've even heard of.

I went in blind and thought it was a dog turd. Bored me to tears.

illusionary

An interesting selection we have there - I'm certainly pleased. While I have Tropico 5 on Steam, there's certainly no harm in the greater accessibility of having a copy also on PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't like building sim games, the other PS4 game looks weak, I automatically don't care for the PS3 games because mine isn't set up anymore, I already own Switch Galaxy Ultra which is dogshit anyway, and I already own GOW, which is a fucking last gen game that has no place taking up a Vita spot regardless of how good it is. Worst month ever is fairly accurate for me.

Omerta

It's testament to how far standards have slipped that I now rate a ps+ month in the sense of "will I download any of this piss"?

By that matrix, it's not a terrible month.

Top Bottom