• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

chadskin

Gone Home came out in January IIRC, feels like it's too soon for it to go straight to Plus. It didn't even have a price cut on consoles yet.

Unless, of course, sales have been terrible and Fullbright needs that sweet, sweet Sony money to further fund the development of Tacoma.

I will literally trade in my 2k16 copy the same day it's announced (if real). You can still get a lot for it since it sells for around €40 new here.

Ludens

Banned
I hope the leak is not true, because it would be the second month in which I won't download a single game. I have no interest in sport games, I have Gone Home on PC and I really don't understand the praise around it, there are so many better "walking sim" that that.

I once tried to play a basketball video game, assuming that years of Pro Evo would have given me plenty of transferrable skills.

I did not understand it at all. Still, when was the last time a PS+ "leak" was actually not just made-up bullshit?

Klart

I once tried to play a basketball video game, assuming that years of Pro Evo would have given me plenty of transferrable skills.

I did not understand it at all. Still, when was the last time a PS+ "leak" was actually not just made-up bullshit?

We used to have a leaker who gave us all the right games...

You can literally watch Gone Home on YouTube. It's that much of an experience - regardless of how good or bad it is. You walk around some, listen, read stuff, and have some kind of cathartic or emotional reaction to it. It literally takes 2 hours. It would be a terrible Plus "game".

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Due to a glitch NBA 2K13 was free on PS Plus a couple years back. I tried playing it and it was complicated as fuck.

Hasney

Due to a glitch NBA 2K13 was free on PS Plus a couple years back. I tried playing it and it was complicated as fuck.

It's still complicated, but there's parts that are janky as fuck.

The Spike Lee written and directed career mode with unskippable story cutscenes is more hilariously bad than Heavy Rain at least.

Benedict

Last time I played a basketball game properly was the first Total NBA game. I was really impressed by the squeaky shoes.

El_Cinefilo

I didn't even realise Gone Home had already been released on PS4, I'd like to try it and see what all the fuss is about.

I used to be really into NBA games when I was a kid but when I picked up the first 2K one that was released on PS4 (2K14?) I felt totally lost and out of my depth but I'd be happy to give it another go so this would be a great two for me.

Maybe you should put that in the OP. Someone will still come and ask the same thing every single month but at least we can reply with "READ THE FUCKING OP."

Actually, looking at the OP a couple things might need changing. "PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active" is out of date now, and I think EU prices went up, didn't they?

Hasney

Today should be the day. Prepare your kleenex.

Tomorrow.

Maybe you should put that in the OP. Someone will still come and ask the same thing every single month but at least we can reply with "READ THE FUCKING OP."

Actually, looking at the OP a couple things might need changing. "PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active" is out of date now, and I think EU prices went up, didn't they?

I did some of this shizz!

Already have a decent trade in offer for my retail copy of 2k16, will pull the trigger/cancel the sale as soon as tomorrow. I bet it won't be worth jack shit in the after market if it comes to Plus.

VLiberty

Every month is a disappointment...but it's mostly because of the subsequent shitposting rather than the line up themselves.

Although in the past 3-4 months, line up was also part of problem. Mainly due to those PS3 games....

I'd be ok with Gone Home.

That is the perfect example of a game I'd never spend money on but would love to play if I got it for free.

I know people say this every month but this might be the worst one for me. wow

No new game
Sports sports sports
Gone to sleep

And some ancient games Sony found behind the couch

NHale

Never thought they would give NBA 2K16. It's still this year edition during the NBA Finals. Of course most fans already have the game but it's by far the biggest offering on PS4 regarding the "hype" of the game. Also it's not big in Europe so complaints here we come.

I know people say this every month but this might be the worst one for me. wow

No new game
Sports sports sports
Gone to sleep

And some ancient games Sony found behind the couch

So basically you want a AAA new game that isn't indie. Expecting Overwatch for free this month? Or multiplayer only is a no deal as well?

Omerta

I'm actually really happy with the PS4 offerings. I've been meaning to buy Gone Home and I'll be interested to dabble in NBA 2K16.

The recent trend for the Vita is getting really worrying though.

Hasney

Honestly, those of you who don't like basketball, play the career mode. It's fucking amazing for all the wrong reasons thanks to it being a Spike Lee Joint. That 20 minute unskippable ending just blows me away still.

chadskin

While I've already finished Gone Home on PC long ago (great game!) and have no interest in NBA 2K16, that's a decent PS4 selection.

illusionary

I reckon this'll finally get me to play Gone Home, which I've never yet gotten around to despite owning it on Steam, so that's one plus at least. I can't say that I'm much in for sports games of any sort, but NBA 2K16 is at least a 'AAA' game I suppose.

A decent month, but not the best.

data

Has anyone noticed the Vita's battery life is way longer than it was before? (in sleep mode)

I haven't touched my vita in at least 2 weeks yet the battery bar is still full. I remember it'd be drained to at least 2/3 after a week

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Has anyone noticed the Vita's battery life is way longer than it was before? (in sleep mode)

I haven't touched my vita in at least 2 weeks yet the battery bar is still full. I remember it'd be drained to at least 2/3 after a week
You were probably just playing the Vita in your sleep before without realising it.

Top Bottom