• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Hasney

Well, maybe it has a retail release, but of course is not comparable to retail games like Lords of Fallen and Sunset Drive, since they launched for 70€.

Or Thief since that launched at an arbitrary price too. Best make them equal, nobody cares how much of a game is there, just give them Thief like they want!

Hasney

In all fairness Sunset Overdrive is better than just about anythng Sony could feasibly give away on PS4 that isnt a last gen remaster.

Totally.

I've taken better shits than Lords of the Fallen though. Never occured to me that people would be happy to recieve it if I slapped a full retail price on it for a little bit first.

Yes very happy about Zombi.
That's one of those game that looked interesting but I wouldn't buy it myself because it's hard to judge just from videos for me.
Will definitely try it.

Joni

Totally.

I've taken better shits than Lords of the Fallen though. Never occured to me that people would be happy to recieve it if I slapped a full retail price on it for a little bit first.
And then dropped that price to less than 10 before giving it away.

Dead Star servers down..

I played through the tutorials and then some offline freeplay and I can see myself enjoying this, at least for a while. If the online works.

Played a few matches last night. It's alright I suppose. Had some fun. Don't know how much lasting appeal it has. Feels a bit repetitive.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
On the web store it's there
It was also on the PS4 store and cross buy. Also I noticed that with the new update on your friends list it no longer lists if better playing the PS4 or Vita version of a game. Man, Sony really doesn't want people to remember Vita exists.

BlitzKeeg

I really don't want to be that guy who says it, but I kinda have to:

Another space shooter?

I'll of course give DeadStar a try, and I did like what I played of Galak-Z, but it's still getting old quick. Not to mention Shutshimi is a shmup as well.

This is one heck of a rut we're getting into.

Gator86

I've put a couple hours into Zombi somehow and it's kind of amazing it exists. It looks like trash and somehow still chugs. My framerate cut in half every time lightning struck early outside Buckingham Palace. It also plays like someone took Dying Light and sucked out every single redeeming quality down to the last drop. I know some people were high on this at the WiiU launch, but I can't tell if they were just hysterical Nintendo fans trying to reduce dissonance or if there's somehow something compelling here.

I made it through the tutorial of Deadstar before I lost interest. After getting Galak-Z last month, I'm probably good on this genre for a while.

Not the best month...

xrnzaaas

I've put a couple hours into Zombi somehow and it's kind of amazing it exists. It looks like trash and somehow still chugs. My framerate cut in half every time lightning struck early outside Buckingham Palace. It also plays like someone took Dying Light and sucked out every single redeeming quality down to the last drop. I know some people were high on this at the WiiU launch, but I can't tell if they were just hysterical Nintendo fans trying to reduce dissonance or if there's somehow something compelling here.

I made it through the tutorial of Deadstar before I lost interest. After getting Galak-Z last month, I'm probably good on this genre for a while.

Not the best month...

They still haven't fixed the framerate? That sucks. And yeah it's a really bad port, if I remember right they even cut some of the lighting from the WiiU version so the graphics are actually worse (not counting the higher resolution, of course).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Broforce is a pretty fun game. My PS Plus backlog of indie garbage lookin mighty fine right now.

Also while I was playing my dad walked in and started commenting on the game. It was like hearing a PS Blog comment section out loud.

Benedict

Sony must be aware about how the PS+ is losing its appeal.
So I hope they adress it on E3 somehow.
Afraid though that it's going in the wrong direction if going after, because of how they formulated their questions regarding the service in the last survey I took.

Negaduck

I'm having such a blast with deadstar, I enjoy the slight take on a space moba (this is almost misleading as it doesn't have some of the things that push people away from those games).

I find myself coming back go deadstar over and over.

Son Of D

I get the feeling we won't see any more AAA and/or retail games until this E3. Although I said the same thing last year and nothing happened so I'm probably wrong.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
To be fair, that's someone not liking the game, not ehinging about its age. Opinions and all that.
Aye. I played it on the 360. It's seriously one of the most overrated games ever. If it had been released today instead of during a period where everyone was starving for a new Metroidvania, no one would have cared.

If they re-released, say, Guardian Heroes on PSN somehow, I'd be all for it as that's actually an amazing game. ^^

Ludens

Banned
I hope for Everybody Gone to the Rapture. I'm half interested in it, it just released on Steam plus it got discounted several times.
Anyway I'm trying to download Zombi, but this time the PS4 speed won't fix with rest mode, it's still way too slow, like 7 hours hor 4 GB.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I hope for Everybody Gone to the Rapture. I'm half interested in it, it just released on Steam plus it got discounted several times.
Anyway I'm trying to download Zombi, but this time the PS4 speed won't fix with rest mode, it's still way too slow, like 7 hours hor 4 GB.
I hope it's Everybody's Gone to the Rapture too so everyone else can feel the pain I had to feel when I played that godawful piece of shit.

Top Bottom