• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Portal |OT| From WC with Love

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Love the fuck out of mine. Never had an issue that bothered me with it.

Helps that my PS5 is connected to a 3gig fiber router at all times. but I've been to Maui, Europe, Asia, anywhere there's decent Internet it's been playable. At home it's like playing on my TV.

Main games on it so far, Destiny 2, Dragons dogma 2, mortal Kombat 1, Stellar Blade, The First Descendant, and just about to start Wukong.

You can absolutely love the fuck out of yours but to state that it's almost perfect and that "
At home it's like playing on my TV" is - simply put - absolutely false, not to mention, nonsense.

You don't see the stutter ? More power to you, that doesn't mean though that it's not there.
See, this is the problem, someone not being tech-savvy enough/not being able to perceive technical shortcomings making incorrect claims, opinions are not facts, facts are facts, there's a stickied post with the receipts on the official subreddit, of course, 90% of the non tech savvy Sony bootlickers in there that don't know how to separate the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz channels on their router, don't know what a static IP is and that your home network speed has to do fuck and all with the streaming quality (like you) are the first to preach at others by saying the now meme-worthy quotes like :
- it's your router
-LOL it's your Mcdonalds internet
- I don't see the "studder" (lol) therefore it's all in your heads.

The facts are these :
It's a Hz mismatch between the PS5's 59.94Hz output and the Portal's 60Hz screen, that's it, it's no big mystery.

Get this : On ALL my devices (PC with a 165Hz screen, 2 smartphones one with a 90Hz and the other with a 120Hz screen and finally my tablet that has a 120Hz screen also) the stutter is NOT there, guess what, as soon as you turn the refresh rate of your devices down to 60Hz, bam, the stutter shows up it's ugly head.
Also : Both Chiaki AND PsPlay have an option within their settings for "no dropped frames" which, you guessed it, eliminates the stutter on screens with a 60Hz refresh rate.

Now, it's been 9 fucking months since the Portal's release and Sony has done fuck and all as to remedy the problem - why ?
Maybe it's because :
A) the fanboy normies don't give a shit 'cause they don't see shit therefore Sony doesn't/won't give a shit fixing it.

B) they fucked up and its a hardware thing (shitty SOC + low refresh rate screen).

C) they'll probably introduce a "pro" version down the line with a higher than 60Hz screen which will automatically eliminate the problem

D) They're too lazy/don't give a fuck to implement a "no frames skipped"/frame pacing option like other 3rd party apps made by people in their free time.

These are all facts, not opinions.
The Portal had one thing and one thing to do only and yet it fails miserably compared to 90% of devices out there - unless you think that games that never feel like they're running at 60fps due to the CONSTANT stutter every 10 seconds (it feels like it's dropping frames basically) is A-OK or "normal" for a dedicated device that had 1 thing to do only.

Edit: receipts
For those with fully function eyes :

This is under ideal conditions, game drops frames throughout the video but it's especially noticeable at the 7:17 - 7:20 mark, if people can't perceive it, well...
Thing is, EVERY game runs like this on the portal in contrast to other devices

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You can absolutely love the fuck out of yours but to state that it's almost perfect and that "
At home it's like playing on my TV" is - simply put - absolutely false, not to mention, nonsense.

You don't see the stutter ? More power to you, that doesn't mean though that it's not there.
See, this is the problem, someone not being tech-savvy enough/not being able to perceive technical shortcomings making incorrect claims, opinions are not facts, facts are facts, there's a stickied post with the receipts on the official subreddit, of course, 90% of the non tech savvy Sony bootlickers in there that don't know how to separate the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz channels on their router, don't know what a static IP is and that your home network speed has to do fuck and all with the streaming quality (like you) are the first to preach at others by saying the now meme-worthy quotes like :
- it's your router
-LOL it's your Mcdonalds internet
- I don't see the "studder" (lol) therefore it's all in your heads.

The facts are these :
It's a Hz mismatch between the PS5's 59.94Hz output and the Portal's 60Hz screen, that's it, it's no big mystery.

Get this : On ALL my devices (PC with a 165Hz screen, 2 smartphones one with a 90Hz and the other with a 120Hz screen and finally my tablet that has a 120Hz screen also) the stutter is NOT there, guess what, as soon as you turn the refresh rate of your devices down to 60Hz, bam, the stutter shows up it's ugly head.
Also : Both Chiaki AND PsPlay have an option within their settings for "no dropped frames" which, you guessed it, eliminates the stutter on screens with a 60Hz refresh rate.

Now, it's been 9 fucking months since the Portal's release and Sony has done fuck and all as to remedy the problem - why ?
Maybe it's because :
A) the fanboy normies don't give a shit 'cause they don't see shit therefore Sony doesn't/won't give a shit fixing it.

B) they fucked up and its a hardware thing (shitty SOC + low refresh rate screen).

C) they'll probably introduce a "pro" version down the line with a higher than 60Hz screen which will automatically eliminate the problem

D) They're too lazy/don't give a fuck to implement a "no frames skipped"/frame pacing option like other 3rd party apps made by people in their free time.

These are all facts, not opinions.
The Portal had one thing and one thing to do only and yet it fails miserably compared to 90% of devices out there - unless you think that games that never feel like they're running at 60fps due to the CONSTANT stutter every 10 seconds (it feels like it's dropping frames basically) is A-OK or "normal" for a dedicated device that had 1 thing to do only.

Edit: receipts
For those with fully function eyes :

This is under ideal conditions, game drops frames throughout the video but it's especially noticeable at the 7:17 - 7:20 mark, if people can't perceive it, well...
Thing is, EVERY game runs like this on the portal in contrast to other devices

How you gonna tell somebody else what their experience is with the PS Portal in their home environment?

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
How you gonna tell somebody else what their experience is with the PS Portal in their home environment?

A) 'Cause the portal, even in IDEAL network conditions performs like it does (59.94Hz stutter)
and
B) The stutter has absolutely nothing to do with your network condition since is purely a Hz mismatch between the PS5's output and the Portal's screen - something which has been mentioned many times already.

Poor network conditions result in
- loosing signal for a couple a second (warning icon appearing on the right side of the screen)
- macro blocking
- picture and sound desync
...not stuttering though which is the main thing we're talking about here.

Also : no matter if you have a 30 Mbps vdsl connection or a 2 gig fiber optic one, remote play only needs 15Mbps as per Sony's own instructions.

Even if you have a 2 gig fiber optic connection, have the latest Wi-Fi 7 router but...your network is congested, you're on a wrong channel, you have packet loss, or, you have people in your household downloading or streaming shit at the same time you're still going to have a bad experience with remote play.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
A) 'Cause the portal, even in IDEAL network conditions performs like it does (59.94Hz stutter)
and
B) The stutter has absolutely nothing to do with your network condition since is purely a Hz mismatch between the PS5's output and the Portal's screen - something which has been mentioned many times already.

Poor network conditions result in
- loosing signal for a couple a second (warning icon appearing on the right side of the screen)
- macro blocking
- picture and sound desync
...not stuttering though which is the main thing we're talking about here.

Also : no matter if you have a 30 Mbps vdsl connection or a 2 gig fiber optic one, remote play only needs 15Mbps as per Sony's own instructions.

Even if you have a 2 gig fiber optic connection, have the latest Wi-Fi 7 router but...your network is congested, you're on a wrong channel, you have packet loss, or, you have people in your household downloading or streaming shit at the same time you're still going to have a bad experience with remote play.

I just don't have the experience that I've bolded. I'd give my experience of Remote Play at home a Metacritic score of a 90%. On the road with good cell phone reception, I'd give it a 70%. And on the road with decent wifi in a hotel, I'd give a 80%.

Overall, it's a good device that gets the job done. Whatever you think a 83% score on Metacritic is worth to you, is what I'd give the PS Portal overall. And that's great to me for $200.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I don't have this stutter. Or i'm not noticing it. Also, if i google 59.94Hz, i read that most pc monitors actually run at 59.94Hz. Its a rounding thing. Most screens do it seems.They just call it 60hz for convenience. So i do wonder if this 59.94Hz stutter thats being pushed is actually true.

Listen gents, to have Reddit fanboys parroting the same things over and over again and burying their heads in the sand is one thing (and also to be expected) but to have GAFers actually denying this from the moment that there's the proverbial "receipts"...yeah.

"I don't see the stutter therefore it must not exist" is not a fact but an opinion - and a wrong one at that.

Fact : the stutter is only present on the portal, every other device that has a screen with a higher refresh rate than 60Hz does not - I repeat - DOES NOT have the stutter.
- Lenovo laptop : 165Hz screen , no stutter
- Samsung Galaxy tab S9+, 120Hz screen, no stutter.
- Galaxy S24 Ultra, 120Hz screen, no stutter.
- OnePlus Nord , 90Hz screen , no stutter.
And this is using Sony's own RP app (that doesn't feature the "no frames skipped" option like Chiaki and PsPlay do).

Again, receipts :

So, let's leave the empathy emojis and downvotes to Reddit, this is a real thing, don't notice it ? More power to.you, doesn't mean though that it's not there and that people are imagining things.

This is comparable to some people being able to perceive tearing/judder/frame pacing/framedrops in games while others go "game runs fine for me, I see no such problems".

64bitbros

The more i look at this 59.94Hz debacle, the less proof i see. The main source i see is this reddit thread that was also posted here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationPortal/s/DZLV8E41uL

Now if i look what is actually there, the big source is a guy called Parasuraman. He showed two videos where one would stutter at 60 fps, and one would not at 59.94hz. This is just a visual thing. You have to see for yourself if one is stuttering or not. There is no fps counting. No graph. Just a visual inspection. He is using this test on a PC. This is Remote Play on PC where he changes his PC monitor's video output. Once at 60hz. And one at 59.94hz. Do i see a difference? Yes. I see that the 60hz does indeed stutter. And that the 59.94hz does not. But there are a few things i don't like about this test. For one, i think he's using two monitors. Both times he has a window where you can see what his refresh rate is, and then pulls it to the other screen. That annoys me. Which refresh rate of which monitor am i looking at? Are both monitors on the same refresh rate? Does it give issues if they are not? I have no idea.

Then he has a third video where he is running Remote Play on PC, then going into his Ps5 dashboard to show us the https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate FPS count. So how does that work? Is Testufo counting the PC monitor? Or is it counting the original display hooked up to the Ps5? How does that work? Can it do that? I would thing it would count the actual display hooked up to the Ps5, and not the one via remote play. Then... how does he get those value's?
Also, in his video Testufo is giving an unsupported error? Something with V-sync? Can't quite make it out. Is that important? Might be, i don't know. I'm not an expert. And also.... nowhere in all 3 video's do i see something that shows this is actually Remote Play.

Most of the other stuff in that reddit thread are actually articles that all point to each other. That Polish article at the top? It uses this same reddit thread as the "evidence". Kind of an echo chamber me thinks. There is also a DF video that is quite interesting.
Richard Leadbetter has tried to replicate what Parasuraman is doing. Richard does indeed see stuttering. But he can't fix it. If he changes things to 59.94hz he STILL has stutters, just different ones. He thinks this might be a Windows issue and how it handles 59.94hz. But..... Parasuraman was running all this on Windows. So..... where does this leave this test?

And the biggest part in all of this. This is just about the refresh rate of Remote Play. On PC. NOTHING is about the Portal. I read in the "Video Evidence!!!" post the following: "We presume that the Portal's LCD screen is currently set to a flat 60.00Hz, not matching the PS5's 59.94 Hz output."

What the fuck do you mean "presume"??? Know or don't know. This device is getting shit for having Hz mismatch, and you are just guessing one of the two variables?

Let me be clear here. I'm not saying there is no mismatch. There might well be. The Portal might actually have a mismatch. But i would like some actual proof. Do i sometimes see stutter on my Portal? Sure. But.... i also see that when i run my Ps5 on my TV sometimes.

Edit:
Lol at the post above. I'm not angry. But not agreeing with you outright means "i'm angry" or a fanboy is a mighty red flag. You got a big stick up your ass.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I mean, the portal is running on a mid snapdragon chip. I've had stutters etc, but mostly, mine has been just fine. I'm doing it all wrong too, via wireless connection..😅 overall tho, this far, my experience has been positive. Had some cracking games of Helldivers 2, and that shit gets busy ...

Killjoy-NL

I mean, the portal is running on a mid snapdragon chip. I've had stutters etc, but mostly, mine has been just fine. I'm doing it all wrong too, via wireless connection..😅 overall tho, this far, my experience has been positive. Had some cracking games of Helldivers 2, and that shit gets busy ...
I spend 99% of my gametime on Portal and play competitive multiplayer all the time.

It's perfectly fine. There is some framepacing issue here and there or whatever, but nothing really noticeable and certainly not gamebreaking.

Sucks for those that notice stuff like that much more though.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I spend 99% of my gametime on Portal and play competitive multiplayer all the time.

It's perfectly fine. There is some framepacing issue here and there or whatever, but nothing really noticeable and certainly not gamebreaking.

Sucks for those that notice stuff like that much more though.

See, this is a fine reply, you notice it but you don't care while at the same you acknowledge that others may have a problem with it without throwing a fit like a 5 year old...
This is how discussions are supposed to go, cheers.

64bitbros 64bitbros also acknowledges that there's stutter even though he disagrees with the methods the guy on Reddit used - something which is also fine.

What is not fine, is burying your head in the sand while telling people to go fuck themselves just 'cause you feel offended by someone criticizing a toy you like.

Last edited:

Skifi28

The reason why the stutter occurs is speculation and I have my own thoughts on why some notice it while others don't, but for those that do it's something that can't be unseen. It's also not random network stutter because it has a very specific pattern to it rather than a random one. Whether tha's a refresh rate mismatch or some other hardware issue, I can't say. Personally I can live with it for now as I've been using the portal almost exclusively for slow paced games like turned based JRPGs or visual novels, but it'd be nice if Sony fixed the problem or at least aknowledged it seeing how popualr the device is.

Last edited:

cjp

The more i look at this 59.94Hz debacle, the less proof i see. The main source i see is this reddit thread that was also posted here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationPortal/s/DZLV8E41uL

Now if i look what is actually there, the big source is a guy called Parasuraman. He showed two videos where one would stutter at 60 fps, and one would not at 59.94hz. This is just a visual thing. You have to see for yourself if one is stuttering or not. There is no fps counting. No graph. Just a visual inspection. He is using this test on a PC. This is Remote Play on PC where he changes his PC monitor's video output. Once at 60hz. And one at 59.94hz. Do i see a difference? Yes. I see that the 60hz does indeed stutter. And that the 59.94hz does not. But there are a few things i don't like about this test. For one, i think he's using two monitors. Both times he has a window where you can see what his refresh rate is, and then pulls it to the other screen. That annoys me. Which refresh rate of which monitor am i looking at? Are both monitors on the same refresh rate? Does it give issues if they are not? I have no idea.

Then he has a third video where he is running Remote Play on PC, then going into his Ps5 dashboard to show us the https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate FPS count. So how does that work? Is Testufo counting the PC monitor? Or is it counting the original display hooked up to the Ps5? How does that work? Can it do that? I would thing it would count the actual display hooked up to the Ps5, and not the one via remote play. Then... how does he get those value's?
Also, in his video Testufo is giving an unsupported error? Something with V-sync? Can't quite make it out. Is that important? Might be, i don't know. I'm not an expert. And also.... nowhere in all 3 video's do i see something that shows this is actually Remote Play.

Most of the other stuff in that reddit thread are actually articles that all point to each other. That Polish article at the top? It uses this same reddit thread as the "evidence". Kind of an echo chamber me thinks. There is also a DF video that is quite interesting.
Richard Leadbetter has tried to replicate what Parasuraman is doing. Richard does indeed see stuttering. But he can't fix it. If he changes things to 59.94hz he STILL has stutters, just different ones. He thinks this might be a Windows issue and how it handles 59.94hz. But..... Parasuraman was running all this on Windows. So..... where does this leave this test?

And the biggest part in all of this. This is just about the refresh rate of Remote Play. On PC. NOTHING is about the Portal. I read in the "Video Evidence!!!" post the following: "We presume that the Portal's LCD screen is currently set to a flat 60.00Hz, not matching the PS5's 59.94 Hz output."

What the fuck do you mean "presume"??? Know or don't know. This device is getting shit for having Hz mismatch, and you are just guessing one of the two variables?

Let me be clear here. I'm not saying there is no mismatch. There might well be. The Portal might actually have a mismatch. But i would like some actual proof. Do i sometimes see stutter on my Portal? Sure. But.... i also see that when i run my Ps5 on my TV sometimes.

Edit:
Lol at the post above. I'm not angry. But not agreeing with you outright means "i'm angry" or a fanboy is a mighty red flag. You got a big stick up your ass.

thank you

the amount of times I’ve laughed at the grandstanding supposed tech wizards repeatedly referencing that reddit thread as “receipts” when there’s actually fuck all substance to it

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
thank you

the amount of times I’ve laughed at the grandstanding supposed tech wizards repeatedly referencing that reddit thread as “receipts” when there’s actually fuck all substance to it

Those receipts are still better than "I see no stutter, it's a YOU problem"/" gotta be your McDonald's internet"/"It's your router"/"My experience is flawless"/"I play online with zero lag !"

At the very least, that guy is inquisitive and is trying to find what could be at fault.

Now, your turn : where are your "receipts "? Do you have any as to what could be at fault here ? Do you actually have to add anything substantial to the conversation or are you here just to to be a smart arse ? Honest question guy 😉

Last edited:

64bitbros

See, this is a fine reply, you notice it but you don't care while at the same you acknowledge that others may have a problem with it without throwing a fit like a 5 year old...
This is how discussions are supposed to go, cheers.

64bitbros 64bitbros also acknowledges that there's stutter even though he disagrees with the methods the guy on Reddit used - something which is also fine.

What is not fine, is burying your head in the sand while telling people to go fuck themselves just 'cause you feel offended by someone criticizing a toy you like.

Nah nah nah, i ain't letting you off the hook that easy. You've been the vocal voice shouting at everyone (and down) about the 59.94 debacle. Lets talk about receipts. :messenger_winking:

This is not just a disagreement "with the methods the guy on Reddit used".
The "Ps5 Remote Play Streaming 59.94hz to 60hz" video actually bothers me. How does he get these value's?

- I hooked up my ps5 to my PC monitor. And did the method he used. I get a fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz I have a 4k Dell monitor running at 3840 x 2160 - 60 Hz
- I tried the Testufo refresh test on the same PC monitor in a browser. Windows 11. It gave me a locked 60hz.
- I then did it on the same pc via Remote Play, same monitor. I get a fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz.
- I pulled the HDMI cable out of the ps5 just to be sure he doesn't grab the monitor HDMI. Same result. Fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz.
- I ran remote play on my iPhone 15. Same results. Fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz.

Which proves that Testufo only looks at the refresh of the browser its running in. In this case, the ps5. It does not look at the remote play device on the other end.
If it did, it would have given me a different result on my phone and pc via RP. It would have give me a locked 60 on my PC monitor with Remote Play.

Which means.....that video is fake. He faked it. And if that video is fake, that immediately disqualifies the other two. And this is the evidence that ALL those sites like Wccftech ran with it.
I am just guessing as to how. Because can't hook it up straight to the monitor. We saw him move about the display window. So i think he's running the Ps5 straight into a capture card. And showing that feed on his monitor in full screen.
Another reason, and i tested it just now.... if you run Remote Play full screen on PC...... the second you touch your mouse the PS border pops up at the bottom. And with him, it did not.
This motherfucker isn't running this via Remote Play. And i don't know how he got those value's... but not the legit way.

So yes, the portal sometimes has stutters. But that this is a 59.94/60hz Remote Play mismatch had yet to be proven.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Nah nah nah, i ain't letting you off the hook that easy. You've been the vocal voice shouting at everyone (and down) about the 59.94 debacle. Lets talk about receipts. :messenger_winking:

This is not just a disagreement "with the methods the guy on Reddit used".
The "Ps5 Remote Play Streaming 59.94hz to 60hz" video actually bothers me. How does he get these value's?

- I hooked up my ps5 to my PC monitor. And did the method he used. I get a fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz I have a 4k Dell monitor running at 3840 x 2160 - 60 Hz
- I tried the Testufo refresh test on the same PC monitor in a browser. Windows 11. It gave me a locked 60hz.
- I then did it on the same pc via Remote Play, same monitor. I get a fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz.
- I pulled the HDMI cable out of the ps5 just to be sure he doesn't grab the monitor HDMI. Same result. Fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz.
- I ran remote play on my iPhone 15. Same results. Fluctuation between 62.4 and 62.6hz.

Which proves that Testufo only looks at the refresh of the browser its running in. In this case, the ps5. It does not look at the remote play device on the other end.
If it did, it would have given me a different result on my phone and pc via RP. It would have give me a locked 60 on my PC monitor with Remote Play.

Which means.....that video is fake. He faked it. And if that video is fake, that immediately disqualifies the other two. And this is the evidence that ALL those sites like Wccftech ran with it.
I am just guessing as to how. Because can't hook it up straight to the monitor. We saw him move about the display window. So i think he's running the Ps5 straight into a capture card. And showing that feed on his monitor in full screen.
Another reason, and i tested it just now.... if you run Remote Play full screen on PC...... the second you touch your mouse the PS border pops up at the bottom. And with him, it did not.
This motherfucker isn't running this via Remote Play. And i don't know how he got those value's... but not the legit way.

So yes, the portal sometimes has stutters. But that this is a 59.94/60hz Remote Play mismatch had yet to be proven.

See though, at the end of the day, whether his measurements/methods are wrong or even false , the Portal is still dropping frames like a mfcker /has the stutter.
Now, whether you disagree with the coined term "59.94hz stutter" or what have you the fact remains that RP on the portal isn't as smooth as on other devices, unless you mean that all of us that notice it have an agenda /are lying...
Again, remote Play on all my other 4 devices is flawless with zero stutters, so please explain how is it possible that only the portal is the one having the stutter/dropping frames...

- I'm assigned a static IP to every device
- Wi-Fi 6 router
- the devices are using the 5 GHz channel
- I'm on a proper, non congested channel.
- QoS enabled for these devices
- I have zero packet loss.

Again, under the the same exact network conditions, my laptop, tablet and 2 phones exhibit zero stutter.

Now, there is also the "no dropped frames"/frame pacing option that both Chiaki and PsPlay have (but Sony's RP app doesn't) that should be taken into consideration - I don't know why it is so hard for them to implement this option on their own software, sure , input lag gets a little bit higher by turning the option on but, I'd rather have this option than experiencing the stutters.

We've been dancing around this issue for days now, and I really don't get it, at the end of the day what is your problem? That the guy on reddit produced bad/false results ? Or that people like me quoted his results ? See, even if he's wrong it doesn't really fucking matter, why ? 'Cause the console is still dropping frames and there's still room for improvement - especially since it's been 9 whole freaking months since it's release.

I really don't know what else to say, you may disagree ad infinitum about semantics (59.94Hz/his methods) but the point that the console is dropping frames still remains, and this is something that you cannot disagree with unless of course you don't or can't notice it - unless of course you also think that everyone that experiences the stutters is lying (myself included).

64bitbros

See though, at the end of the day, whether his measurements/methods are wrong or even false , the Portal is still dropping frames like a mfcker /has the stutter.
Now, whether you disagree with the coined term "59.94hz stutter" or what have you the fact remains that RP on the portal isn't as smooth as on other devices, unless you mean that all of us that notice it have an agenda /are lying...
Again, remote Play on all my other 4 devices is flawless with zero stutters, so please explain how is it possible that only the portal is the one having the stutter/dropping frames...

- I'm assigned a static IP to every device
- Wi-Fi 6 router
- the devices are using the 5 GHz channel
- I'm on a proper, non congested channel.
- QoS enabled for these devices
- I have zero packet loss.

Again, under the the same exact network conditions, my laptop, tablet and 2 phones exhibit zero stutter.

Now, there is also the "no dropped frames"/frame pacing option that both Chiaki and PsPlay have (but Sony's RP app doesn't) that should be taken into consideration - I don't know why it is so hard for them to implement this option on their own software, sure , input lag gets a little bit higher by turning the option on but, I'd rather have this option than experiencing the stutters.

We've been dancing around this issue for days now, and I really don't get it, at the end of the day what is your problem? That the guy on reddit produced bad/false results ? Or that people like me quoted his results ? See, even if he's wrong it doesn't really fucking matter, why ? 'Cause the console is still dropping frames and there's still room for improvement - especially since it's been 9 whole freaking months since it's release.

I really don't know what else to say, you may disagree ad infinitum about semantics (59.94Hz/his methods) but the point that the console is dropping frames still remains, and this is something that you cannot disagree with unless of course you don't or can't notice it - unless of course you also think that everyone that experiences the stutters is lying (myself included).

Because facts matter. If you're in the hospital because you're sick you'd want the CORRECT diagnosis. Because you want the correct treatment. It matters.

And those video's were clearly made in bad faith. But yes, i do see stutters now and then. But i've just platinumt Jeanne d'Arc with the Portal in 80 hours with no issue.
Would i play Spiderman 2 like that? No. I would probably see more dropped frames. But even my deck had dropped frames now and then, don't kid yourself. Its the nature of streaming.
I even have hitches now and then streaming to my PC where both ps5 are hardwared to the same network router. Which is basically staight from point A to point B. I just went into Dredge. Planted my boat into the middle of town.
And let the camera do 360's around the boat in remote play. Guess what? I see stuttering now and then. When i switch to the Ps5 native. No stuttering. Grabbed my iPhone 15, started Remote Play.
Same spot. 360's.... and lo and behold..... stuttering now and then. So its probably something with the Remote Play app. The software. Or something inherent with streaming.
So.. would i like less drops? Fuck yeah. But pointing to the Portal as a broken device that needs fixing is something i object to. Its just as broken as all the other solutions.
I don't buy the notion that everything is 100% perfect except for the Portal. This is where we disagree on.

anothertech

unless you mean that all of us that notice it have an agenda /are lying...
It's either this, or you guys have flawed hardware.

The 'stutter' you keep trying to push is non existent for some of us beyond the normal streaming issues on any device. And you telling us what our experience actually is sounds like an agenda.

The fact your source has been outed as fake makes your entire argument even more bullshit.

Zathalus

Because facts matter. If you're in the hospital because you're sick you'd want the CORRECT diagnosis. Because you want the correct treatment. It matters.

And those video's were clearly made in bad faith. But yes, i do see stutters now and then. But i've just platinumt Jeanne d'Arc with the Portal in 80 hours with no issue.
Would i play Spiderman 2 like that? No. I would probably see more dropped frames. But even my deck had dropped frames now and then, don't kid yourself. Its the nature of streaming.
I even have hitches now and then streaming to my PC where both ps5 are hardwared to the same network router. Which is basically staight from point A to point B. I just went into Dredge. Planted my boat into the middle of town.
And let the camera do 360's around the boat in remote play. Guess what? I see stuttering now and then. When i switch to the Ps5 native. No stuttering. Grabbed my iPhone 15, started Remote Play.
Same spot. 360's.... and lo and behold..... stuttering now and then. So its probably something with the Remote Play app. The software. Or something inherent with streaming.
So.. would i like less drops? Fuck yeah. But pointing to the Portal as a broken device that needs fixing is something i object to. Its just as broken as all the other solutions.
I don't buy the notion that everything is 100% perfect except for the Portal. This is where we disagree on.
Just used my Steam Deck to stream, near perfect experience compared to the stutters I got on the Portal. Literally was sitting on my couch and switching between the two. So whatever the case may be, it’s clear the Portal has issues with streaming. Which is a pity, as the large screen and basically making it a PS5 controller should make it the best place to stream from your PS5 when it’s actually the worst.

anothertech

Just used my Steam Deck to stream, near perfect experience compared to the stutters I got on the Portal. Literally was sitting on my couch and switching between the two. So whatever the case may be, it’s clear the Portal has issues with streaming. Which is a pity, as the large screen and basically making it a PS5 controller should make it the best place to stream from your PS5 when it’s actually the worst.
Maybe you should replace your portal if you still can. Some of us have no issues like you describe.

thatJohann

Really curious to try the Portal, but I live alone and have access to my OLED at all times.

Don't quite see a use case for me. Anyone else in the same boat?

64bitbros

I'll do the same test with my Deck when i'm home. Curious to see if it will be substantially better.

Zathalus

Maybe you should replace your portal if you still can. Some of us have no issues like you describe.
I’ve had two Portals thanks, first one I had assumed something was wrong and the second one I kept after I did research and saw a ton of other people were getting the same issue. I even tested the one my brother in law bought at his house, and that was on a totally different continent. It’s possible that maybe all three units were defective but considering the number of complaints online it’s more likely that some people are simply more susceptible to the perceived affect of whatever is causing the stutter.

As for some people not having issues? As if, when Black Myth came out a number of PS5 players were swearing it was a smooth experience on PS5. Turns out that frame time graphs and fps numbers don’t lie and it’s anything but smooth with drops into the 30s or 20s even on the balanced or performance mode. The reality is that a lot of people can’t pick up on frame drops and stuttering. Some people struggle to tell the difference between 30 or 60 fps.

Last edited:

64bitbros

Really curious to try the Portal, but I live alone and have access to my OLED at all times.

Don't quite see a use case for me. Anyone else in the same boat?
To be honest. I don't see a use-case for you either. hehe

Although...... playing Balatro in bed is mighty fine. :messenger_winking:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
It's either this, or you guys have flawed hardware.

The 'stutter' you keep trying to push is non existent for some of us beyond the normal streaming issues on any device. And you telling us what our experience actually is sounds like an agenda.

The fact your source has been outed as fake makes your entire argument even more bullshit.

Nah guy, enough with the bullshit, you're just a fanboy - and a tech illiterate one at that.

You can't perceive something? Again, that's totally fine, some of us have standards though and a set of working eyes so we do notice it.

Jesus Christ, it's like I'm reading the NPC infested portal subreddit again.
There's absolutely no discussion to be had with the likes of you.

Also : you forgot to tell me to go fuck myself this time.

Empathy emoji this post to see if you're still ok 😁

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I'll do the same test with my Deck when i'm home. Curious to see if it will be substantially better.

So, you haven't tried it ?
I've been mentioning all morning the difference between the portal and all other devices I have in my household when it comes to streaming but apparently it didn't matter, this is why I sometimes say that there's no discussion to be had since everyone just wants to say their piece and move on (or not).
People have been saying for months that RP is.miles.better on the Deck compared to the portal but man, you had to go on a witch hunt with the reddit guy about semantics, not only that, you have people reading your posts actually believing your findings against the other guy's as to - somehow - validate their own bias calling other people delusional basically.

Again, it's proven once more that some people just want to say their piece and not actually engage in a discussion, if they actually did, they wouldn't dance around a topic where details have been mentioned tens of times.

What you've been missing is this :
- Even using Sony's RP play app, RP is still better on both the Deck AND other portables like the G cloud.
- Devices that feature a screen/display with a higher than 60Hz refresh rate don't have the stutter.
- Devices with a 60Hz screen using Chiaki or PsPlay with the "no frameskip" option don't have the stutter.
That's it, it's as easy as that, no need to go on a witch hunt as to validate your opinion and invalidate someone else's by sticking to friggin semantics.

Also, since you have ignorant people like anothertech (and I do mean that literally) believing that it's all in people's head's or that we have "flawed hardware", I noticed the stutter 15 minutes in after getting my portal before I actually discovered that stickied post on Reddit, had I read that beforehand, it would have saved me 220 Euros, so, in the end, you may claim he's full of shit but IMO, the guy did a service informing others about this very specific problem, now whether you personally agree or not with his findings doesn't matter cause the stutter is there and way, way more frequent compared to other devices no matter the cheerleaders in here using your post as to validate their plastic toy acquisition.

It's a shame that we have to write/reply with small novels every time friend but...there's no other way unfortunately since we have to repeat the same things again and again and again.

Last edited:

64bitbros

So, you haven't tried it ?
I've been mentioning all morning the difference between the portal and all other devices I have in my household when it comes to streaming but apparently it didn't matter, this is why I sometimes say that there's no discussion to be had since everyone just wants to say their piece and move on (or not).
People have been saying for months that RP is.miles.better on the Deck compared to the portal but man, you had to go on a witch hunt with the reddit guy about semantics, not only that, you have people reading your posts actually believing your findings against the other guy's as to - somehow - validate their own bias calling other people delusional basically.

Again, it's proven once more that some people just want to say their piece and not actually engage in a discussion, if they actually did, they wouldn't dance around a topic where details have been mentioned tens of times.

What you've been missing is this :
- Even using Sony's RP play app, RP is still better on both the Deck AND other portables like the G cloud.
- Devices that feature a screen/display with a higher than 60Hz refresh rate don't have the stutter.
- Devices with a 60Hz screen using Chiaki or PsPlay with the "no frameskip" option don't have the stutter.
That's it, it's as easy as that, no need to go on a witch hunt as to validate your opinion and invalidate someone else's by sticking to friggin semantics.

Also, since you have ignorant people like anothertech (and I do mean that literally) believing that it's all in people's head's or that we have "flawed hardware", I noticed the stutter 15 minutes in after getting my portal before I actually discovered that stickied post on Reddit, had I read that beforehand, it would have saved me 220 Euros, so, in the end, you may claim he's full of shit but IMO, the guy did a service informing others about this very specific problem, now whether you personally agree or not with his findings doesn't matter cause the stutter is there and way, way more frequent compared to other devices no matter the cheerleaders in here using your post as to validate their plastic toy acquisition.

It's a shame that we have to write/reply with small novels every time friend but...there's no other way unfortunately since we have to repeat the same things again and again and again.
Mate. Seriously? When i said "I need to try it on the Deck" i didn't mean Remote Play on Deck in general! I meant this specific Dredge use case that i tried on PC and iPhone!
Bloody hell mate. SO hellbend on getting that gotcha moment. Have some reading comprehension for crying out loud. A whole essay you've written for nothing.
So fast to draw conclusions. Again. I have used Chiaki on Deck for a very long time. I prefer Chiaki4Deck because of the added functionality but whatever. It was my go to device until the Portal arrived. Better ergonomics, lighter, better screen, haptics. That was pretty much a no brainer for me.

But again, i have used Chiaki for a very long time. And i'll bring my Deck to work tomorrow so i can test in the same environment.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest.

Edit:
Ok one thing. “Again, it's proven once more that some people just want to say their piece and not actually engage in a discussion, if they actually did, they wouldn't dance around a topic where details have been mentioned tens of times.”

I am engaging in discussion. I just debunked your nr 1 source for the 59.95hz reason. But you know what? You are not nice guy to have a discussion with. You discuss from an obnoxiously high horse. Everyone is stupid and you know better. It is not nice. Show a bit of respect to your fellow Gaffers.

Last edited:

thatJohann

Can you do cloud streaming from PS Plus from the PS Portal and is it double the lag? Cause you got streaming from PS Plus cloud streaming plus streaming from PS5 to PS Portal?

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Mate. Seriously? When i said "I need to try it on the Deck" i didn't mean Remote Play on Deck in general! I meant this specific Dredge use case that i tried on PC and iPhone!
Bloody hell mate. SO hellbend on getting that gotcha moment. Have some reading comprehension for crying out loud. A whole essay you've written for nothing.
So fast to draw conclusions. Again. I have used Chiaki on Deck for a very long time. I prefer Chiaki4Deck because of the added functionality but whatever. It was my go to device until the Portal arrived. Better ergonomics, lighter, better screen, haptics. That was pretty much a no brainer for me.

But again, i have used Chiaki for a very long time. And i'll bring my Deck to work tomorrow so i can test in the same environment.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest.

Edit:
Ok one thing. “Again, it's proven once more that some people just want to say their piece and not actually engage in a discussion, if they actually did, they wouldn't dance around a topic where details have been mentioned tens of times.”

I am engaging in discussion. I just debunked your nr 1 source for the 59.95hz reason. But you know what? You are not nice guy to have a discussion with. You discuss from an obnoxiously high horse. Everyone is stupid and you know better. It is not nice. Show a bit of respect to your fellow Gaffers.

Yeah, we won't be able to see eye to eye, also :
You debunked absolutely nothing (talking about high horses mate), not only that, your witch hunt isn't what I'd call a "discussion" since, again, you present your.opinion as the "truth" while dismissing someone else's - and basically dragging others to justify their bias "'cause reasons"(the other guy raging me at me telling me to go fuck myself 'cause I offended his plastic portable 😂).

Also, the absolutely patronizing bullshit about about "not letting me off the hook"...c'mon man - and I'm the one on a high horse not playing nice with others ? Absolutely.zero.self.awareness, "those living in glass houses..."

Anyway, I'm out, you said your piece, I've said mine, we disagree, that's the end of it.

Hope you have fun with the portal, I know I don't (unless they fix the stutter - which they won't).

Last edited:

64bitbros

You debunked absolutely nothing (talking about high horses mate), not only that, your witch hunt isn't what I'd call a "discussion" since, again, you present your.opinion as the "truth" while dismissing someone else's - and basically dragging others to justify their bias "'cause reasons"(the other guy raging me at me telling me to go fuck myself 'cause I offended his plastic portable 😂).

Also, the absolutely patronizing bullshit about about "not letting me off the hook"...c'mon man - and I'm the one on a high horse not playing nice with others ? Absolutely.zero.self.awareness, "those living in glass houses..."

Anyway, I'm out, you said your piece, I've said mine, we disagree, that's the end of it.

Hope you have fun with the portal, I know I don't (unless they fix the stutter - which they won't).

I absolutely did debunk it. Anyone can do what i did. And see the same results. No matter what device you stream the Ps5 on.... it will always show the same hz with Testufo. It does NOT look at the receiving device over remote play. And moving a mouse and not have the gamebar pop up is another. So he can never get these 59,94hz value's unless he hooked up the ps5 straight to the monitor. And that means he didn't use Remote Play at all, which was the main reason for the video.

You wanted to discuss. Lets discuss. Tell me why this 59.94hz video is actually correct. Tell me how my findings don't matter. Tell me the proof YOU got. Refute my finding with actual proof or theories. But you don't actually want to have a discussion with proof. You just want to have yes-men on your side hating on a piece of plastic. And shout to anyone that objects. I don't agree with people swearing to others like that other poster did to you. But i do get why he did. You are patronizing as fuck.

So yes, we will end the discussion here. Unless you find some real evidence. I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

64bitbros

Can you do cloud streaming from PS Plus from the PS Portal and is it double the lag? Cause you got streaming from PS Plus cloud streaming plus streaming from PS5 to PS Portal?
Playstation Portal does not support cloud streaming as of yet. It only supports streaming from a Ps5 to the Portal.

Traxtech

Every Portal I have seen has the stutter issue, and that is in person, different connections, different consoles etc

I'm envious of the people who don't see it, because it basically pushed me to mod my oled switch with Android just to use ps play with it to get rid of that issue, that and the oled screen doesn't smear everything when you move the camera.

The portal screen sucks, and so does the stutter and the audio delay, but 90% of people won't notice it /or care

64bitbros

Every Portal I have seen has the stutter issue, and that is in person, different connections, different consoles etc

I'm envious of the people who don't see it, because it basically pushed me to mod my oled switch with Android just to use ps play with it to get rid of that issue, that and the oled screen doesn't smear everything when you move the camera.

The portal screen sucks, and so does the stutter and the audio delay, but 90% of people won't notice it /or
Audio delay? Thats a new one for me. You mean sound and visuals not lining up?

Zathalus

I tested the refresh rate with testufo via my Portal and got 59.4hz, Steam Deck did the same. It initially gave a 62hz reading but as the website notes you need to wait at least 30 seconds for an accurate reading. If the refresh rate of the display if fixed at 60hz and the software you are using has no method of compensating for it you will end up with framepacing issues. Is the Portal screen locked at 60hz? Unknown, but it’s an easy explanation for what is happening.

64bitbros

I tested the refresh rate with testufo via my Portal and got 59.4hz, Steam Deck did the same. It initially gave a 62hz reading but as the website notes you need to wait at least 30 seconds for an accurate reading. If the refresh rate of the display if fixed at 60hz and the software you are using has no method of compensating for it you will end up with framepacing issues. Is the Portal screen locked at 60hz? Unknown, but it’s an easy explanation for what is happening.
Thanks for testing it mate. This helps.

I am trying again, but now letting everything run longer.
PC remote play: Still in the 62.4 range. After running it for minutes it jumped to 60.92hz. After 5 minutes of running i stopped. Did not get 59,4hz.
Same monitor with a PC... solid 60hz right from the get go.

Iphone 5 starts at 62.4hz ish. After 30 seconds drops to 60.9hz. And an occasional 60.88hz. Never below it.
Testufo on the iphone in a a browser -> 60.089hz

Edit:
Portal starts at 62,4hz…..drops to 60,9 after a while. Never 59,94hz.
Deck same thing.

Ok… tried Portal at home. Starts at 62,4hz…..and after a few seconds drops to 59,94hz.

So, my Ps5 at home (a fat one i got at launch) gives 59,94….but my digital Ps5 i got a few years ago does not. Ok, i'm lost on that one.

Last edited:

thatJohann

Picked this up yesterday at Target on a whim as I saw it in stock which is rare here in NYC.

First impressions are good. Spent 3 hours playing No Man's Sky, very engaged.

I live solo and have an OLED so trying to narrow down the use case for me but for just playing in bed relaxed away from the TV, seems to be great. I have 30 days to decide if I'm keeping it.

Traxtech

Audio delay? Thats a new one for me. You mean sound and visuals not lining up?
Yep, even the normal playstation remote play app has it yet PS Play does not due to the way it handles the connection I assume.

The audio lags behind the picture slightly no matter what you do, some people don't notice it though(like majority of sound bar users having audio delay and not realising) but unfortunately it does my head in.

Last edited:
What are these giant walls of texts?

Just wanted to drop in and say that the Portal is baller as F. Wife and I and the dogs are staying at our friend's parents house while our living room is remodeled. Was gonna bring the PS5 but I've never used the Portal outside the house, so I figured why not.

BAAALLLLIIIIIINNNNNN

nWpBlmH.jpeg

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I absolutely did debunk it. Anyone can do what i did. And see the same results. No matter what device you stream the Ps5 on.... it will always show the same hz with Testufo. It does NOT look at the receiving device over remote play. And moving a mouse and not have the gamebar pop up is another. So he can never get these 59,94hz value's unless he hooked up the ps5 straight to the monitor. And that means he didn't use Remote Play at all, which was the main reason for the video.

You wanted to discuss. Lets discuss. Tell me why this 59.94hz video is actually correct. Tell me how my findings don't matter. Tell me the proof YOU got. Refute my finding with actual proof or theories. But you don't actually want to have a discussion with proof. You just want to have yes-men on your side hating on a piece of plastic. And shout to anyone that objects. I don't agree with people swearing to others like that other poster did to you. But i do get why he did. You are patronizing as fuck.

So yes, we will end the discussion here. Unless you find some real evidence. I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

God damn you're doing it on purpose now...

I told you 3 times already, your findings mean jack and shit since - wait for it - one way or the other the portal displays stutter compared TO ALL OTHER DEVICES THAT HAVE A HIGHER THAN 60HZ SCREEN.
Can you get that through your thick skull? Yes? No?

Fucking hell mate, you're being purposefully obtuse, again, no one gives a shit about the semantics (59.94Hz) or that you've discovered the "truth", the whole discussion is about the portal dropping frames, not whether your e-peen is bigger than the dude on reddit, like, fuck me, zero self awareness once again, you're impossible, were doing circles once more.

Need a pat on the back for your "findings" ?.G'damn at that fragile ego my guy...😉

Bye

Last edited:

Magister

Neo Member
I tried doing remote play network tests with Moonlight, Playstation remote play and PSPlay app and I'm glad that I'm not wasting money on this thing (Sadly, I still paid 7 euros for PSplay which is useless for me).

What I observed:

Microstutter. 1080p is impossible for me even with an ethernet cable.
If I set terrible quality it is better, but looks terrible. Since Portal tries to do 1080p, it would be a nightmare.
Skipped frames when I enter an area with a lot of visuals such as a town.
Video artifacts.
All of these happened with every app I tested.

This is not a review of PS Portal. Just my general observations about remote play apps.
I advise you to do the same test I did before you buy.
If your network is bad don't buy or buy if you are planning to spend money on a new router.

It's a shame because I wanted to buy it.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Other people who live in my house wanted to watch some TV so I have playing Star Wars: Outlaws on my Portal for about three hours of game time, and this thing continues to impress.

I am pretty sure it has been a consistent 60 fps, and this Star Wars world looks so vivid on this smaller screen.

Best $200 purchase of tech I have made in years.

Other people who live in my house wanted to watch some TV so I have playing Star Wars: Outlaws on my Portal for about three hours of game time, and this thing continues to impress.

I am pretty sure it has been a consistent 60 fps, and this Star Wars world looks so vivid on this smaller screen.

Best $200 purchase of tech I have made in years.
It really is wild how well it works and how good the image is. That screen is no joke considering it's LCD. Imagine if they could implement 120hz VRR but I have no clue if that is even possible, I'm assuming it isnt.

Last edited:
I tried doing remote play network tests with Moonlight, Playstation remote play and PSPlay app and I'm glad that I'm not wasting money on this thing (Sadly, I still paid 7 euros for PSplay which is useless for me).

What I observed:

Microstutter. 1080p is impossible for me even with an ethernet cable.
If I set terrible quality it is better, but looks terrible. Since Portal tries to do 1080p, it would be a nightmare.
Skipped frames when I enter an area with a lot of visuals such as a town.
Video artifacts.
All of these happened with every app I tested.

This is not a review of PS Portal. Just my general observations about remote play apps.
I advise you to do the same test I did before you buy.
If your network is bad don't buy or buy if you are planning to spend money on a new router.

It's a shame because I wanted to buy it.
The PS remote play app is unusable, Im amazed it hasnt been discontinued, and PSPlay is pretty impressive but has lots of artifacting. It seems like you haven't actually tried the Portal? Not advocating for you to buy one but I hope you get to try it out someday because it really is leagues better than the other two.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
The PS remote play app is unusable, Im amazed it hasnt been discontinued, and PSPlay is pretty impressive but has lots of artifacting. It seems like you haven't actually tried the Portal? Not advocating for you to buy one but I hope you get to try it out someday because it really is leagues better than the other two.

Actually, it isn't, if your network is bad , you're gonna have a bad time with both RP on various devices (phone, tablet) and the Portal - in fact, the portal is worse compared to a modern phone/tablet since, for the upteenth time, it has stutters which aren't present on other devices.

Besides Fart town, the portal isn't doing anything "special" or new, it's literally the RP app running on an Android device , there's no "magic sauce" which makes it "better" compared to other RP streaming methods (Chiaki/PsPlay/Sony RP).

Don't get your panties in a twist brother, I'm not coming at you, it's just that I've been using RP since the PS4 days and for some reason, people get really defensive when it comes to the portal, I mean shit, I always had a good experience with remote play in general and this is why I also bought one, thing is, it's absolutely not up to spec compared to other methods/devices - something which I was absolutely not expecting.

Last edited:
Actually, it isn't, if your network is bad , you're gonna have a bad time with both RP on various devices (phone, tablet) and the Portal - in fact, the portal is worse compared to a modern phone/tablet since, for the upteenth time, it has stutters which aren't present on other devices.

Besides Burger, the portal isn't doing anything "special" or new, it's literally the RP app running on an Android device , there's no "magic sauce" which makes it "better" compared to other RP streaming methods (Chiaki/PsPlay/Sony RP).

Don't get your panties in a twist brother, I'm not coming at you, it's just that I've been using RP since the PS4 days and for some reason, people get really defensive when it comes to the portal, I mean shit, I always had a good experience with remote play in general and this is why I also bought one, thing is, it's absolutely not up to spec compared to other methods/devices - something which I was absolutely not expecting.
It's all good, and yea, I wouldn't advise on the Portal either if someone has slow internet. My area only has speeds up to 1gb via cable, I go with 500mb and it's fine for me. You should have heard the conversations of me trying to explain to my wife the difference in speed between our old ADSL and upgrading to Cable, lmao.

N30RYU

Beated tons of time responsive games like Star Wars Poncho 2, Elden Ring DLC and I'm currently at Wukong ng+ all from start to finish in the Portal... for me it works like a charm.

Without the Portal I would have played 1/10 of what I played... even more... I haven't played on a TV since I got the Portal.

MCasey

I am considering a PS Portal because I can only sit for short periods of time due to back/nerve issues. I have a PS5 connected via Ethernet with Spectrum internet service that provides up to 500mb down and 22mb up.
Is the upload speed sufficient?
I want to get ATT fiber, but it isn’t available in my area yet.

jm89

I am considering a PS Portal because I can only sit for short periods of time due to back/nerve issues. I have a PS5 connected via Ethernet with Spectrum internet service that provides up to 500mb down and 22mb up.
Is the upload speed sufficient?
I want to get ATT fiber, but it isn’t available in my area yet.
If your using it within your house that upload speed shouldn't be a problem as it's going to use your internal network to stream from the ps5 to the portal.

Outside the house it's hard to say if it's going to be enough. What you could do is download the remote play app on your phone/tablet and test out remote play to see if you get a good connection.

Top Bottom