• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/10/09 – FIFA 10 Demo (EU)

Ridley327

I might be interested in picking up Blood Omen (haven't played it since it came out), but can anyone speak of how the load times are with the digital version? I'm not going to bother if they are remotely similar to how they were on the disc. We may give Silicon Knights shit about a lot of other things, but the loading in Blood Omen is the worst thing that they have done and will ever do in their lifetime.

Ranger X said:
It's been since a while that certain banks doesn't work. Your bank might not support their address verification system. I don't know why they did but I could use my 3 Mastercards befor and since that change there's only one working.

Well that sure sucks.

Guess I'll throw my money in some other direction then. :p

ok, double-dipped Silent Hill (all german PSone PSN version suck compared to US versions, not the real manual and PAL borders, sometimes no English VA. In this case the children enemies are another factor)

WTF is with the Turtles demo btw, the sound is like 4 times louder than usual

Tellaerin

Crisis said:
I'm getting kind of tired of seeing PSP titles go up for $22.99

Wild Arms XF is $19.99 new at Gamestop, and $29.99 on the PS Store. :s OK, I can understand them not wanting to alienate retailers by undercutting them, but at least they could try matching the prices the major chains are offering.

Vamphuntr

Tellaerin said:
Wild Arms XF is $19.99 new at Gamestop, and $29.99 on the PS Store. :s OK, I can understand them not wanting to alienate retailers by undercutting them, but at least they could try matching the prices the major chains are offering.

It's 14.99$ on the PSN store actually (for how long?)

Blu_LED said:
I don't think they have confirmed so for the US, but I doubt it. It will probably be PSN only.

Well GameStop and Amazon are taking preorders for it, so unless they change it at the last minute I'd say it's getting a physical release.

WOW what an update! I love Soul Reaver but have never played Blood Omen, should I get it?

Also getting SH1, the SH1 disc has glitches when played on a 60GB PS3 which I have. Also, support Team Silent!

Erebus

brandonh83 said:
WOW what an update! I love Soul Reaver but have never played Blood Omen, should I get it?

Also getting SH1, the SH1 disc has glitches when played on a 60GB PS3 which I have. Also, support Team Silent!
That does not exist anymore?

brandonh83 said:

YES! It's an old school Zelda like game (top down action, large world, dungeons) and what a story. The only issue was horrible load times which I hope are gone.

anddo0

Half-Minute Hero :O who ever decided to release the demo bravo. +1 sale, this game is very addictive. Hopefully it doesn't get insanely difficult.

I already own both Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain BO on disc, but if I didn't, I'd be all over them.

$5.99 for Silent Hill, a game that usually fetches anywhere from 50 to 80 bucks on ebay, is an absolute steal. (Though I prefer having an actual disc.)

Oh, I didn't know originally Silicon knights were the developers of LoK
and noooo an Activision game :lol

the manual was kinda ugly eh?

When would the long loading times occur in the game? Maybe the PSP can reduce them (doesn't it have an option for that unlike the PS3?)

graywolf323

so that whole exclusive preorder bonus from GameStop for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is only worth $2? :lol

Blood Omen will be mine tomorrow when I get paid :D

I played the disc version of Blood Omen just to see if the PS3 reduced the load times at all. The problem is, I don't remember how long they used to be. I can say this - there are way too many load screens in the game. That will never change. They just happen way too often which can be annoying. And some are longer than others, but the actual length of each load didn't seem that horrible to me.

The game is still worth playing. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but overall I think it's a great game.

Maggot9

Banned
Silent Hill 111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs to ps3*

BTW the intro to Kain is legendary.

"Call your dogs, they can feast on your corpses!"
"MALEK!!!"

Oh and get ready for a hell of a lot of "Vay Victus!"

I have SH1 proper, but $5.99 is acceptable to support an extra on-the-go copy. DL'ing now to sit next to other $5.99 DL goodies Suikoden and GGJ (neither of which I had before).

DidntKnowJack said:
I played the disc version of Blood Omen just to see if the PS3 reduced the load times at all. The problem is, I don't remember how long they used to be. I can say this - there are way too many load screens in the game. That will never change. They just happen way too often which can be annoying. And some are longer than others, but the actual length of each load didn't seem that horrible to me.

The game is still worth playing. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but overall I think it's a great game.

I think the menu loading could be annoying?

The game aged pretty well I must say, graphic style is like a classic RPG (Wild Arms etc.) so no problem here (Silent Hill on the other hand..). Full voice acting, nice (sry I sound like a noob, but I didn't know anything about the game besides parts of the story)

Also uhm, why is Blood Omen full fullscreen (no little black bars at the top&bottom, I thought all PS1/PS2 games have that, even the NTSC ones and they just get bigger in PAL)

Teknoman

Silent Hill 1! Wonder how this will work out on PSP.

EDIT: Team Silent fans assemble for GAF plays SH 1 topic? Gotta experience this before Shattered Memories releases.

Eh... Absolutely nothing for me on the US store this week. Euro's got some decent stuff like the free dynamic theme and Fat Princess demo. Time to fire up one of my 4 alt accounts! (I wonder how many "fake" PSN accounts are out there just to grab things from other regions...)

Top Bottom