• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

What do you mean by "freakd out"? You might try Tumble VR or Headmaster. You don't ever move in those.

By freaked out I mean I felt uneasy and wanted out immediately. Felling/seeing the sensation of being on a coaster but not really moving is totally foreign to me. I hope I'll be able to pull it together. ha Thanks, I'll try them.

Samus4145

I don't have the $$ right now but my buddy plans to buy one (full bundle). I'll be going to his place on Saturday with these:

I hope VR Worlds or some demo's can make good use of these!!!

Going 100% into Move back in the day has prepared me for VR!

Pixel Gear releases next week I believe and uses a single Move controller as your gun. Maybe it will work for that.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
so, i got mine today.

First off. wearing comfort is super nice. its super light and i had no presure spots whatsoever. Had minor problems with my glasses fogging but that went away after a few minutes. super easy to put on.
Also had no issues with surrounding lights leaking into the headset although having a kinda big head and wearing glasses.

now onto the games. could only test from the demo disk as the full version arent playable as of yet.
I didnt like Rigs too much and im undecided about eve (asking 70 Euro.. i dunno - also demo is suuuper super short) and battlezone (kinda cool, but remains to be seen if i want it).
But i loved Driveclub, had no issues with motion sickness at all. the prerace screen is awesome and ingame i was able to judge corners way better right off the bat. I have preordered DC allready.
Tumble: loved it. precision wise its not that much different than the PS3 game but that worked really well for me allready. Also preordered that.
Headmaster: Super fun and accurate. Wanted to buy it, but not available
REZ: Holy Cow. What a trip. I had absolutely no idea what i was doing but i loved every second of it. Want to get it asap, but not availble so far.
Thumper: Goes in the same direction. Rythm game within a crazy setting, really trippy. Love it, wanted to get it, again, not available so far.
Until Dawn: It is kinda scary and immersion wise its really good. was the first game ive experienced in VR ever. maybe getting it, holding off for now.

Generally, graphic is so-so. The graphic itself isnt a problem at all, but the resolution is the thing. the grid is there and that is the biggest problem. In most games ingame its not that much of an issue, but on some games it definately is the most apparent drawback. Driveclub is a prime example. mirrors are borderline useless because the res is so low.
But that is a minor drawback when all is said and done.

I love the device and its definatel no turd like move.
worth 400? cant say for everyone but i dont regret it at all.

I don't have the $$ right now but my buddy plans to buy one (full bundle). I'll be going to his place on Saturday with these:

I'm not sure if either of those work with PSVR games actually

At least I'm pretty sure the sharpshooter is not compatible with Farpoint, only the new gun peripheral

Z3M0G

I'm not sure if either of those work with PSVR games actually

At least I'm pretty sure the sharpshooter is not compatible with Farpoint, only the new gun peripheral

Which is B.S. by the way... I'm so pissed off about that... :/

Since London Heist has you picking up the gun in-game, it wouldn't make much sense either, I suppose...

:/ :/ :/

hawk2025

What the hell is up with the US store.

So many games are unavailable to buy or pre-load, including Rigs and Driveclub.

Cmon Sony.

NoNeed4Mercy

Neo Member
"Glad" i am not the only one seeing this dark "grid" texture. It is only getting on my nerves in darker games.. You see it best in the vr worlds underwater demo.. First you got nearly no grid.. then when you reach a dark area with the jelly fish the super black grid is coming and "breaking" immersion.. I heard this comes from OLED manufacturing but my Oculus did not have this... :(

Dont get me wrong.. I am impressed for its price.. of course the oculus was a better experience but move games are awesome and the graphic is "just good enough to make it work"

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

I would be so down for a Time Crisis VR or like L.A. Machine Guns / Gunblade N.Y. VR with peripherals like that

Kilau

Amazon still hasn't shipped my order.

They did charge the card though so I assume it's on the way,
just wish I had a tracking number.

GazzaGSi

Oh boy this had me rolling!

43i6xFJ.gif

3 hours 30 mins for the midnight launch :)

hawk2025

So are they not going to let us preorder/load Battlezone, Rigs or DriveClub early in NA?

Yeah, I don't get it.

Hey, let's not feature the flagship games! Sounds like a great idea!

It's especially annoying since they are surely the largest downloads, too.

NoNeed4Mercy

Neo Member
Anyone having this weird "night sky texture" lying above every "image".. It is most visible in darker scenes and games like until dawn but the transition is most noticed in vr worlds when you get to the jellyfish area?

I am just asking because someone said this can be a manufacturing issue and i dont know if i should return my psvr or if you guys see the same "texture" overlay

it is comparable to the dark spots issue of the vita

https://m.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/28yvia/can_i_somehow_fix_vita_dark_spots_visible_only/

JordanN

Banned
My Amazon preorder from March changed sometime today from arriving tomorrow to arriving on Monday. What?

The dates are inconsistent.

My order still says "preparing for shipment 20 Oct - 24 Oct" yet they came to my house today (when I wasn't there).

cruets

in california. amazon just shipped my launch bundle at 12:30pm pst. ups coming from patterson california warehouse

my order with best buy has been in "preparing" for the past couple days. no e-mails for a shipping confirmation or anything. i'm going out of town tomorrow night so it won't be the worst thing for it to arrive late, but I was hoping to get a couple hours in.

Edit: just got shipping confirmation

Tadale

My amazon preorder will be at my house tomorrow - the package is currently at a distribution center nearby. Very exciting.

I got EVE from the Amazon price mix-up and I'll probably end up with Rez and Thumper as well.

demigod

Planning on getting

Rigs
Until Dawn
Tumble
Headmaster
Sportsbar

Undecided on Eve : Valkyrie and Battlezone. Anyone know when Mortal Blitz and Eve : Gunjack are coming out? What other "must" haves should I get?

dubq

Anyone having this weird "night sky texture" lying above every "image".. It is most visible in darker scenes and games like until dawn but the transition is most noticed in vr worlds when you get to the jellyfish area?

I am just asking because someone said this can be a manufacturing issue and i dont know if i should return my psvr or if you guys see the same "texture" overlay

it is comparable to the dark spots issue of the vita

https://m.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/28yvia/can_i_somehow_fix_vita_dark_spots_visible_only/

Pretty sure this is a thing that happens with all OLED displays. You're just rolling the dice if you return it as you could get one with worse spots.

anyone not have a preorder and gonna line up tonight? i miss those days of crazy lineup pictures

God no. Mine is all paid off for, I just need to go over to Gamestop at 9pm to get a 'ticket' to come back at 12am to get my bundle. Thankfully it's like, 2-4 minute drive for me, depending on the traffic lights.

Markew001

Finally got shipping notification from Amazon. Tracking shows it's coming from about 24 miles away... if only they could have let it slip out yesterday.

Hawk269

anyone not have a preorder and gonna line up tonight? i miss those days of crazy lineup pictures

Don't expect crazy line ups like the days of old. Most retailers are not doing Midnight releases as well and from what I have heard most stores will have very limited stock for non-preorders. There will be some, unlike some earlier in the year suggesting there would no extra's outside of pre-orders.

If you want one, I would suggest you pick a store and get there early before they open, if no one is there, sit in your car and just try to be the first 2-3 person and you should be able to score one. Would not hurt for those looking for one without a pre-order to call whichever retailer is near you to see if they can tell you if they will have any. I just called my local Toys R Us and Target and they told me they will have some when they open in the morning.

You should also ask about which one they have. My Target told me they only had the bundle, while TRU said they will have both the regular and bundle version.

Teknoman

I just don't like how Amazon provides delivery doesn't have any real tracking. It's just "on time" with an estimated delivery day and time.

Sigma722

I just don't like how Amazon provides delivery doesn't have any real tracking. It's just "on time" with an estimated delivery day and time.

Under shipping details it should have your tracking number, which you can take to ups for better details.

MrGerbils

Called my local Best Buys, and all of them said they wont have any extra units available for people who didn't preorder.. boo

SeanR1221

Going to try my luck going to gamestop at 8:30 before closing time (east coast).

Worst case is people have already lined up and grabbed the non reserved units.

Carl

Did we get any more Here They Lie reviews? I only saw two before I went to work, both said they made the player sick. I want to see if the story /atmosphere is good rather than hearing about that lol

kyser73

I noticed that sitting on the main home screen of the PS4 can cause laggy tracking in some cases. Idk if there is something going on in the background there. In an actual app though, there are no such problems.

Someone else mentioned this only happens ed if they didn't fully quit out of a game via the PS menu.

charpunk

My bundle and games just shipped from Amazon via ups for a delivery of tomorrow morning. Aww yeah it's like Christmas eve!

DavidDesu

So Sony have announced the 2.5 update for the media player to support 360 video and photo content.

Does anyone know if this also works with 3D 360 video and photos or is it just the flat 2D kind?

Secondly, is there any plans to have a thread for the best of this stuff so we can find and download the best quality content. Whether it be normal cool shit or NSFW shenanigans... Anyone?

Of course hopefully there will be a ton of PSVR apps made specifically to handle this kind of thing but it's nice Sony is giving us the raw access to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom